ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:48 pm

New international trailer:

Looks great!

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:55 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:New international trailer:

Looks great!

@Darth_Awakened

I agree! That might be the best version of the various trailers so far.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:57 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:New international trailer:

Looks great!

@Darth_Awakened

I nearly cried. After all what happened yesterday, this is so zeitgeisty. Star Wars always had its finger on the pulse of the times.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:00 pm

Guys I need help:
What's Lyra Erso says to Jyn while giving her a necklace?
With chrystal?!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:02 pm

Looks amazing!

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Guys I need help:
With chrystal?!
@Darth_Awakened

"Trust the Force", I think.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that must be a kyber crystal...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

Also, around 1:14 Jyn grabs a little girl who looks an awful lot like KMT - haircut and all. But timeline-wise that can't possibly be her character, of course. Still, I've been wondering if KMT might have Jedhan ancestry or possibly be from another planet in the same system, or the Dubrovnik planet as I'm pretty sure it has some kind of a connection with Jedha - but what, what...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:08 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Looks amazing!

With chrystal?!
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

And now my money is on Lyra Erso being the Force sensitive in Catalyst.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

With chrystal?!
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, talking about the Force like that ("trust the Force"), she's either Force sensitive and/or a member of one of those secret groups that revere the Force (i.e. The Church of the Force). Otherwise, it would be odd for her to mention the Force during that era because the Force, Jedi etc.. We're outlawed, so not just anyone would make that kind of mention of the Force then.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:18 pm

I'm agree that Lyra might be Force Sensitive and Jyn herself maybe Force Sensitive, too. But she either denied or unaware of it, at first
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:18 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

With chrystal?!
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, talking about the Force like that ("trust the Force"), she's either Firce sensitive and/or a member of one of those secret groups that revere the Force (i.e. The Church of the Force). Otherwise, it would be odd for her to mention the Force during that era because the Force, Jedi etc.. We're outlawed, so not just anyone would make that kind of mention of the Force then.
@Kessel89

No, no, I don't think that Jyn is force sensitive, I think that Lyra, her mother is.
Because she obviously has the crystal and is giving it to Jyn.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:22 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

With chrystal?!
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, talking about the Force like that ("trust the Force"), she's either Firce sensitive and/or a member of one of those secret groups that revere the Force (i.e. The Church of the Force). Otherwise, it would be odd for her to mention the Force during that era because the Force, Jedi etc.. We're outlawed, so not just anyone would make that kind of mention of the Force then.
@Kessel89

No, no, I don't think that Jyn is force sensitive, I think that Lyra, her mother is.
@Darth_Awakened

I meant Lyra too. She tells Jyn to, "trust the Force" when she gives her the crystal. I just find that interesting because the Force in general is not widely talked about during that era (when Palpatine's empire is in power).

I don't think Jyn will be Force sensitive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:25 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

With chrystal?!
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@Kessel89

@Darth_Awakened

Well, Galen is probably working with crystals, I think?

And perhaps the crystals do "speak" to Lyra as it were, if she's lived around them for long...

But I agree that Lyra would at least be "Force-religious" to say that, and Jyn probably got her faith from her mother as she says "may the Force be with us" too.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:30 pm

I don't think Jyn is force sensitive either- Lyra might be either a church of the force member or maybe even one of the jedi who escaped and lived a regular life (some of them did escape order 66), keeping her Kyber crystal as a pendant....funny thing about Jyn.....in the trilogy, we see Kylo as a person with a light and dark legacy....in RO, we have Jyn who might have a legacy of science and the force....I'm really looking forward to the movie!!! Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

I agree on most of the speculations:
Galen is working with crystals - I am pretty sure of that. He is Death Star architect and DS is using crystal for the laser (if I understood Pablo correctly).
Lyra could be definitely one of the former jedi or padawans who escaped order 66.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:44 pm

I thought that force sensitive character in Rogue One thing wasn't true?

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:47 pm

@panki wrote:I don't think Jyn is force sensitive either- Lyra might be either a church of the force member or maybe even one of the jedi who escaped and lived a regular life (some of them did escape order 66), keeping her Kyber crystal as a pendant....funny thing about Jyn.....in the trilogy, we see Kylo as a person with a light and dark legacy....in RO, we have Jyn who might have a legacy of science and the force....I'm really looking forward to the movie!!! Very Happy
@panki

And to follow you here ... Ezra gets a crystal (out of thin air).  Jyn now has a crystal.  Galen makes the DS with a crystal. Ahsoka has that white lightsaber. Kylo has a cracked crystal that needs to be healed. Is anybody thinking that crystals might be a big deal in Episode VIII? Like Rey gets a crystal.  Kylo's crystal is healed .... *AND* ... maybe there is a special crystal on Ahch-to ... maybe under the tree? Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:52 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I thought that force sensitive character in Rogue One thing wasn't true?
@Mrs Ben Solo

A week ago Kristian Harloff (A Movie Collider member) tweeted that someone is force sensitive in the Catalyst novel.

@SoloSideCousin
I am beginning to believe in the importance of the crystals in VIII.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 3:57 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I thought that force sensitive character in Rogue One thing wasn't true?
@Mrs Ben Solo

A week ago Kristian Harloff (A Movie Collider member) tweeted that someone is force sensitive in the Catalyst novel.

@Darth_Awakened

Someone else tweeted that Harloff was exaggerating, though... but I can't find the tweet. Pablo replied to it, I think.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 4:09 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

Someone else tweeted that Harloff was exaggerating, though... but I can't find the tweet. Pablo replied to it, I think.
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, that's what I saw. Pablo was tweeting with a bunch of people who'd already read Catalyst and they said the force sensitive character thing wasn't accurate but they couldn't say why it was wrong without spoiling it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 4:16 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

Yes, that's what I saw. Pablo was tweeting with a bunch of people who'd already read Catalyst and they said the force sensitive character thing wasn't accurate but they couldn't say why it was wrong without spoiling it.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Interesting. I did not know the story that followed.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 4:19 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Mrs Ben Solo

It is really starting to look like they are setting up a force sensitivity hierarchy and/or spectrum.  Everyone alive will have some force sensitivity, even if it is imperceptible.  Some will ignore it completely, but it might still help them (Han). Others will meditate on it and use if for guidance, like a monk.  In other words, they will connect with it, but can't really control/wield it.  Some will "worship/honor/pray to it".  Some will be able to use it in emergency situations.  Some will be like Leia who will be really intuitive with it.  And then some will be like Kylo, Rey and Luke and will be the "blessed/god-like/prophet/saint/wizard/wielder" role where they are hyper sensitive and can connect to it intensely and do amazing things with it.  It's not going to just be Jedi and Sith anymore.  The door is open now! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 4:49 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Mrs Ben Solo

It is really starting to look like they are setting up a force sensitivity hierarchy and/or spectrum.  Everyone alive will have some force sensitivity, even if it is imperceptible.  Some will ignore it completely, but it might still help them (Han). Others will meditate on it and use if for guidance, like a monk.  In other words, they will connect with it, but can't really control/wield it.  Some will "worship/honor/pray to it".  Some will be able to use it in emergency situations.  Some will be like Leia who will be really intuitive with it.  And then some will be like Kylo, Rey and Luke and will be the "blessed/god-like/prophet/saint/wizard/wielder" role where they are hyper sensitive and can connect to it intensely and do amazing things with it.  It's not going to just be Jedi and Sith anymore.  The door is open now! Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Yes, this is my thought too. Tptb are re-enforcing the concept that the Force is everywhere and connected to everyone which makes a lot of sense (imo).

It also reminds me of that series of Pablo tweets where he discussed his thoughts on the Force. He also seemed to suggest that everyone is connected to it, but there's natural born talent/skills that enable some to yield its power more than others. He made it sound like people like Luke, Rey Kylo are like Force prodigies.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 4:54 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Dingbat

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SoloSideCousin

Yes, this is my thought too. Tptb are re-enforcing the concept that the Force is everywhere and connected to everyone which makes a lot of sense (imo).

It also reminds me of that series of Pablo tweets where he discussed his thoughts on the Force. He also seemed to suggest that everyone is connected to it, but there's natural born talent/skills that enable some to yield its power more than others. He made it sound like people like Luke, Rey Kylo are like Force prodigies.
@Kessel89

Yes! "Prodigy" is the perfect word!

A lot of us have rhythm and can play an instrument. Some of us can even play by ear ... but then there's John Williams (insert any favorite musical mega-talent, but JW works for the SW context. Very Happy).
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

Another international trailer with new footage! Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:03 am

It just occurred to me that IT'S ONLY A MONTH AND SOME DAYS TILL ROGUE ONE!!!!!

Does time fly or what?! It feels like only yesterday that I was moaning about Episode VIII being two years away.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum