ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by panki on Fri 8 Apr - 16:09

There is a rumor that Diego Luna's character might be Biggs Darklighter from ANH who is Luke's childhood friend and part of the red squadron. He gets killed by Vader in ANH.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 270?cb=20130305010406 Biggs Darklighter

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 Biggs1 Digeo Luna's character

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by EchoBase on Fri 8 Apr - 16:42

@panki wrote:@EchoBase.... heard Vader breathing in the background!! I think we will probably see him in one of the trailers closer to the release date.....am really excited to see him in battle Very Happy

@ReyofLightSide .......I don't think Jyn is Phasma because both the age keeping in mind the TFA timeline and the height are not matching......Jyn would be a little older than Luke and Leia at the time at the time....I feel a better candidate for Phasma is a ruthless little girl imperial cadet called Anya Razak in the book 'Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy '......Anya Razak has ash blonde hair, is from Coruscant (the British accent) and is one of the favourite students of Brendol Hux (General Hux's father).
@panki

I still can't hear him Sad. I will try again later with my headphones.

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 8 Apr - 18:23

@panki wrote:@EchoBase.... heard Vader breathing in the background!! I think we will probably see him in one of the trailers closer to the release date.....am really excited to see him in battle Very Happy

@ReyofLightSide .......I don't think Jyn is Phasma because both the age keeping in mind the TFA timeline and the height are not matching......Jyn would be a little older than Luke and Leia at the time at the time....I feel a better candidate for Phasma is a ruthless little girl imperial cadet called Anya Razak in the book 'Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy '......Anya Razak has ash blonde hair, is from Coruscant (the British accent) and is one of the favourite students of Brendol Hux (General Hux's father).  
@panki

Yes, it doesn't make sense for Jyn to be Phasma. She may end up on the dark side, who knows. I think the last shot of her in the trailer (where she really looks like Katniss) is just her going undercover as a storm trooper. Is that a first order symbol on her arm?

Maybe the admiral is Snoke and he is the one in the bacta tank and they show the flash forward at the end of the movie with Kylo kneeling before him. That would be cool. Or, it could be Snoke himself kneeling before ....someone.

What made me think of Lost Stars is there is a part in the book with
all of the star destroyers lining up around the Death Star, and they show some of that in the trailer. I could see the Lost Stars leads being mentioned or in the background.

If I am this happy with the RO trailer, I will need to be sedated when the Ep VIII one comes out  Stretcher
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 8 Apr - 19:03

@EchoBase ....the headphone have become my best friend ever since TFA's Bluray was released and it continues to be.... Razz

@ReyofLightSide .......Jyn is wearing the logo of the Galactic Empire in the last shot....looks like she is infiltrating the group....or maybe changing sides....who knows confused confused confused

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 8 Apr - 19:43

Someone asked Pablo Hidalgo where Rogue One fits into the timeline of ANH, but he wouldn't be drawn on it. The inclusion of Mon Mothma seems to suggest the actual stealing of the Death Star plans must be pretty close time-wise to the beginning of ANH. She originally appeared in RoTJ, informing the Rebel Alliance that many Bothans had died to bring them information about the second Death Star. PH said in an earlier tweet that the timespan of the OT = ANH - ESB = 3 years passed. ESB - RoTJ = less than a year passed.

Apparently, when Disney purchased Lucasfilm, George Lucas had a number of ideas for standalone Star Wars movies. The idea that evolved into Rogue One was considered the most fully formed treatment, and so they chose to go with that one first. As far as it goes with the characters, there are no stated plans for them to continue on in other movies. PH said in another recent tweet, Disney/LF have no current intentions of doing any stories set between Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens. There's 30+ years between the events of Rogue One and The Force Awakens. If they did ever show up again, they would be much older versions of their characters.

The young Han Solo movie is the next planned standalone. PH was pretty dismissive of the idea of an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone in a recent tweet, which is disappointing because I'd love to see Ewan McGregor come back in that role.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 8 Apr - 21:42

I read somewhere RO is set a few days prior to ANH. It would have to be set pretty close to the beginning of ANH because they stole the plans and transmitted them to Princess Leia.

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Fri 8 Apr - 22:42

I really hate what all this mistery surrounding Rey's parentage had led to the fandom thinking this or that actress is going to play her mother every time we learn there's going to be new female characters appearing,just no.
I'm like 100%sure Jyn's not Rey's mother.It's a wish fulfillment for many Rey Skywalker fans to the point where even Pablo called it a desperate stretch to assume this.If there was a possibility to it he would have been way more coy about it.And even if there was a chance she could be I'm pretty sure she didn't hook up with Luke and some other man is Rey's father.
That aside I'm interested in the movie and how it will perform considering it will be the first one not featuring any Skywalkers(minus Vader and even then I think he won't appear in it that much).

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 8 Apr - 22:59

@panki wrote:There is a rumor that Diego Luna's character might be Biggs Darklighter from ANH who is Luke's childhood friend and part of the red squadron. He gets killed by Vader in ANH.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 270?cb=20130305010406 Biggs Darklighter

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 Biggs1 Digeo Luna's character
@panki

The main question is the timeline again (as far as I know our friend Pablo Hidalgo -openly refused to answer the question on when exactly the events in RO take place.
But the still there are some clues on timeline in the trailer: The Death Star is almost finished and it seems that Rebel base is on Yavin IV. Which led me to speculate that we can place the events around year (or maybe months) prior to ANH. As far as I recall there was a deleted scene from ANH with Luke meeting Briggs and few other friends. So, at that stage I can presume Briggs is on his way to join the Rebels.
And Diego Luna s character looks like already a well establish officer in the Alliance.

So, if I am going to relate Diego Luna to someone from the franchise - it could be only Poe Dameron.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 8 Apr - 23:05

PH has already ridiculed suggestions of a link between Diego Luna's character and Poe Dameron, so I'd say it's unlikely. Besides, aren't his parents already accounted for? There are Poe Dameron comic books etc, so his character isn't a mystery box like Rey.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Fri 8 Apr - 23:08

I am also getting a little tired of everything in SW being about who is related to who. I know the OT was all about the twist of Vader being Luke and Leia's father, but it's almost being used as a crutch now - as if it's the most fascinating thing about a story when it really shouldn't be.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 8 Apr - 23:21

@BastilaBey wrote:I am also getting a little tired of everything in SW being about who is related to who. I know the OT was all about the twist of Vader being Luke and Leia's father, but it's almost being used as a crutch now - as if it's the most fascinating thing about a story when it really shouldn't be.
@BastilaBey

Amen to that!

The parentage speculation is souring everything. It would be nice to look forward to a new Star Wars movie and new characters without seeing click-bait articles with endless speculation about who might be related to whom.

I know Disney/LF are unlikely to quash any speculation because they want the publicity and hype. But it will have consequences with fan backlashes and the EU fans are already pretty upset (going by some of the abusive tweets PH gets).

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 8 Apr - 23:26

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:PH has already ridiculed suggestions of a link between Diego Luna's character and Poe Dameron, so I'd say it's unlikely. Besides, aren't his parents already accounted for? There are Poe Dameron comic books etc, so his character isn't a mystery box like Rey.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks for clarification Smile Did not know that.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 9 Apr - 1:41

I'm interested in that pillar that the hoolded figure bows in front of ......am wondering if it is a bacta tan or a cryofreeze machine....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 9 Apr - 4:03

It seems the name of Diego Luna's character is Cassein Willix...so I guess he is a new character. Also, it seems the man in white is briefly mentioned in Tarkin...the one guy who matches that description is Armand Isard who was Director of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order i.e. Director Intelligence for the Empire.....Cronal was his successor and then the post went to Ysanne Isard.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 0l0K5RI

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sat 9 Apr - 5:30

@panki wrote:It seems the name of Diego Luna's character is Cassein Willix...so I guess he is a new character. Also, it seems the man in white is briefly mentioned in Tarkin...the one guy who matches that description is Armand Isard who was Director of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order i.e. Director Intelligence for the Empire.....Cronal was his successor and then the post went to Ysanne Isard.

@panki

That's Yularen.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sat 9 Apr - 7:38

@panki wrote:I'm interested in that pillar that the hoolded figure bows in front of ......am wondering if it is a bacta tan or a cryofreeze machine....
@panki

I'm gonna take a guess and say that is the bacta tank or something that the Emperor use in order to expand his lifespan since he and Vader try to find a way to cheat Death so that could be a method that he used but later abandoned or we just didn't know. Or in my crack theory it could be some Sith relic
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 9 Apr - 12:31

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@panki

That's Yularen.
@Moonjump05

Apologies Embarassed  Here is Arman Isard....

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 4 Latest?cb=20130107054219

@Sylvia Snow .......I'm also wondering if this is one of the Emperor's experiments to prolong his life, like his clones in the EU book Dark Empire.....or maybe they're storing a sith holocron or the dark saber? What a Face

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 9 Apr - 12:45

@panki wrote:It seems the name of Diego Luna's character is Cassein Willix...so I guess he is a new character. Also, it seems the man in white is briefly mentioned in Tarkin...the one guy who matches that description is Armand Isard who was Director of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order i.e. Director Intelligence for the Empire.....Cronal was his successor and then the post went to Ysanne Isard.

@panki

And Ysanne was possibly Palpatine's mistress... Razz

The man in white has the rank of an Admiral, though. Where was it said that the man in white was mentioned in Tarkin? Did Pablo say so?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 9 Apr - 15:13

@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@panki

The man in white has the rank of an Admiral, though. Where was it said that the man in white was mentioned in Tarkin? Did Pablo say so?
@Darth Dingbat

Stephen Stanton, the actor who voiced Tarkin in the Clone Wars mentioned this on twitter....that the man in white is referenced in the novel Tarkin....and the one guy who seems to match this description is Armand Isard....I'll have to read through the novel again in case someone else is also referenced.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Sat 9 Apr - 15:50

Just passing by to leave this article in this thread seeing as it's about Rogue One. Doesn't give much away or anything but still makes for a quick moment of interesting reading:

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/rogue-one-star-wars-story-briefing/
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 9 Apr - 15:55

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@panki

@Darth Dingbat

Stephen Stanton, the actor who voiced Tarkin in the Clone Wars mentioned this on twitter....that the man in white is referenced in the novel Tarkin....and the one guy who seems to match this description is Armand Isard....I'll have to read through the novel again in case someone else is also referenced.
@panki

Very interesting. Stanton appears to have deleted that tweet, too.

*orders Tarkin immediately* Razz

I've got to say, if Isard plays this large a role in the new canon, and his daughter becomes canon as well, the chances for Rey Palpatine rise dramatically in my book. (Although I guess that would go against what they've said, about the characters in RO not being connected. Hmmm. Well, we shall see.)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 9 Apr - 16:20

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@panki

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

Very interesting. Stanton appears to have deleted that tweet, too.

*orders Tarkin immediately* Razz

I've got to say, if Isard plays this large a role in the new canon, and his daughter becomes canon as well, the chances for Rey Palpatine rise dramatically in my book. (Although I guess that would go against what they've said, about the characters in RO not being connected. Hmmm. Well, we shall see.)
@Darth Dingbat

I am beginning to see a trend with the new canon.....characters in either TV shows, book, comics or even the movies can cross over into one of the other mediums but they will not be a main character in the other medium. However, their relatives, friends or colleagues can be main characters in that other medium. For example, Poe is an important character in the ST, while his mother is an important character in comics. Or Hux's father Brendol Hux is important in a novel. In the same novel where Hux's father appears, the main character is Zare Leonis but he has a small appearance in Star Wars Rebels. Leia has a small appearance in SW Rebels but she is an important character in the movies. There are numerous such examples.

Going by this trend, in case Armand Isard is the man in white, then someone else has to be Snoke....possibly the dark hooded character bowing in the weird white pillar room? Also, if it is Armand, I can bet Phasma is either Ysanne Isard being made canon or Anya Razak from Secret Academy (or both combined).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 9 Apr - 16:26

@panki wrote:
I am beginning to see a trend with the new canon.....characters in either TV shows, book, comics or even the movies can cross over into one of the other mediums but they will not be a main character in the other medium. However, their relatives, friends or colleagues can be main characters in that other medium. For example, Poe is an important character in the ST, while his mother is an important character in comics. Or Hux's father Brendol Hux is important in a novel. In the same novel where Hux's father appears, the main character is Zare Leonis but he has a small appearance in Star Wars Rebels. Leia has a small appearance in SW Rebels but she is an important character in the movies. There are numerous such examples.
@panki

You know, this would make a lot of sense. Btw, I bought some of the Servants of the Empire novels and wondered if Finn might be related to Zare Leonis.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 9 Apr - 16:31

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki

You know, this would make a lot of sense. Btw, I bought some of the Servants of the Empire novels and wondered if Finn might be related to Zare Leonis.
@Darth Dingbat

That is very possible!! He could be either Zare's son or nephew.....then he might even be a FS since Zare's sister is FS.... he is very similar to Zare.... the good results in his training program, the need to protect those he cares for, etc.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 9 Apr - 17:58

Tweeted by Peter Mayhew. Found it super cute!

pic.twitter.com/z66jMtcs8B

— Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) April 8, 2016 " alt="" />
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum