JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:39 pm

@AnneNeville wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Woo (and indeed) hoo!

Oh, this is a sweet sweet moment. I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning! Twisted Evil

@Mrs Ben Solo

I feel bad for the forum folks who are missing this because they are asleep.
@AnneNeville

Me too, but it will be something wonderful for them to wake up to. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Sylvia Snow on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Tumblr_ll7b1ths7g1qbhe8i
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1384
Likes : 5696
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by BastilaBey on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm

I am genuinely feeling sad for people who are saying Kylo's redemption is too predictable for them to enjoy the story, or that he's too far gone to really be a skywalker anymore and that it ruins the trilogy for them. hopefully they change their minds in time, but there's always been the chance that the story would go a way that displeased hardcore fans. They haven't played it safe by making their skywalker legacy child so dark.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Mana on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:51 pm

@IoJovi wrote:JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Tumblr13

Reposting this gif because I love it so much. Gives me the feels...
@IoJovi

Han and Leia, after finding out that their son is definitely going to be redeemed......I'm crying..
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 12291
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 27
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by IoJovi on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm

Me too, @Mana!  I have tears of joy in my eyes!!!!

Can I just say I knew this day was coming, and how hard we would celebrate? It's just...I thought it would be a year and a half from now - I didn't think it would be today.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by CienaRee on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:58 pm

The Reylo ship has come so far since the release of TFA.First 90% of the shipper believed Rey to be Luke's daughter so they called it a "trash ship" but look at it 3 months later-both Rey Solo and Rey Skywalker bring debunked making it more and more likely to become cannon.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1154
Likes : 5684
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by AnneNeville on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:58 pm

Can I also express my great sense of relief that my predictions are proving correct, since I have fought so vigorously for them?
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 898
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by BastilaBey on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:59 pm

@AnneNeville wrote:Can I also express my great sense of relief that my predictions are proving correct, since I have fought so vigorously for them?
@AnneNeville

You have been a hero, so patient and presenting many well thought out arguments. Cheers!

Edit


Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content removed)
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Mana on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:59 pm

@AnneNeville wrote:Can I also express my great sense of relief that my predictions are proving correct, since I have fought so vigorously for them?
@AnneNeville

Go ahead, rub it in their faces honey....you earned it!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1432
Likes : 12291
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 27
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:13 pm

Debating over in [EDIT]. Some are definitely disappointed/denying it, but what can you say? I'm shocked that most seem to be accepting JJ's words as truth and exclaiming their disappointment, which is the healthy thing to do. As I've said, no fan of this film owes anything to Star Wars or the writers. If we don't like what they give us, that'll be that.

@AnneNeville I'm relieved our predictions are turning out true too. It's a good sign for sure because we all used the same logic to deduce that Rey wasn't a Skywalker as we did to spot Rey and Ren's potential trajectory. When the writers are competent, narrative analysis wins.

This was my original reaction to other peoples' reactions to Rey Skywalker being debunked.
JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o27afc5jMD1reh9jm_500


Last edited by Berhan on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed mention)
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by IoJovi on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:17 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig, right? And while I don't have it in my heart to outright gloat in the face of what appears to be devastating disappointment, I am a little perplexed that they believed in Rey Skywalker so adamantly.  

It is head scratching, indeed.

edit


Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content removed)
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by vaderito on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:18 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Debating over in [EDIT]. Some are definitely disappointed/denying it, but what can you say? I'm shocked that most seem to be accepting JJ's words as truth and exclaiming their disappointment, which is the healthy thing to do. As I've said, no fan of this film owes anything to Star Wars or the writers. If we don't like what they give us, that'll be that.

@AnneNeville I'm relieved our predictions are turning out true too. It's a good sign for sure because we all used the same logic to deduce that Rey wasn't a Skywalker as we did to spot Rey and Ren's potential trajectory. When the writers are competent, narrative analysis wins.

This was my original reaction to other peoples' reactions to Rey Skywalker being debunked.
JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o27afc5jMD1reh9jm_500
@FrolickingFizzgig

Healthy thing to do indeed. I guess thta's what they are doing now. Get people go through all phases of anger, disappointment, disbelief now and by the time trailer hits (likely with Rogue One) they'll be biggest fans ever again.

They must have concluded that Rey Skywalker obsession was hurting the movies and had to do something about it. I really don't think they expected it to escalate as it did.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49921
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by BastilaBey on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:19 pm

It is bizarre that they were so sure she was a Skywalker but are also condemning a Kylo redemption arc for being too 'predictable'. How can that be true if it's not what they predicted? Shocked
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by CienaRee on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:20 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig,Lol,some people are really bitter and now refer to Rey as the Mary Sue who would fix the galaxy from the mistakes the OT3 did.Seriously they're reacting the way I Predicted  they would saying  the writers are disrespecting GL's vision and the Skywalker family.
One person even said that Kylo turned to the Dark dude because he wanted to be evil which was yet another WTF moment since we have no idea why he turned.So their logic is that Kylo getting redeemed is cliche and predictable but Rey Skywalker isn't?Okaaay.
Some of them are really clinging to JJ lying because of the Khan situation but they're also ignoring what Daisy and Pablo have been saying which is similar to what JJ said,The man isn't stupid,he won't make the same mistake twice.

edit


Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content removed)

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1154
Likes : 5684
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:23 pm

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but after all the bullsith that we, and every other Reylo shipper out there has gone through these past few months, the reaction is absolute justice. This is for you guys! Very Happy.

edit


Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content removed)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:28 pm

I don't want to gloat, but I am actually laughing out loud at the reaction.

Here's my gif contribution to this thread/celebration:

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Giphy

And

[redacted]

edit:content removed


Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : image contained disallowed word)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by AnneNeville on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:32 pm

AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 898
Likes : 5666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by vaderito on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:Well, I don't know about everyone else, but after all the bullsith that we, and every other Reylo shipper out there has gone through these past few months, the reaction is absolute justice. This is for you guys! Very Happy.
@AppleCrumble122

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Aragorn-o

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 5Mu7RV0


Last edited by vaderito on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49921
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by IoJovi on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

Pablo, Pablo, Pablo....never change.

We all knew this day would come right? I mean, I watched The Force Awakens and wondered about the strange interactions Rey had with Kylo. I brought this up to my husband, and his first words were, "You know they're probably related, right?" I was perplexed. I thought, why in the world would they put that kind of subtext in the movie if they're related?

Still...this is so utterly satisfying I can't stand it!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by CienaRee on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

@AnneNeville, already complaining about how Luke and Leia are Skywalkers.I have to contain my laughter since hair of this people were saying how Leia was Organa,not Skywalker but now all of a sudden care about her legacy being destroyed by a "Mary Sue".I just can't... Laughing

edit


Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content removed)

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1154
Likes : 5684
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Z7XCyCP

This actually might be my favourite Pablo Tweet because it confirms what we've been saying since Day 1. Kylo is the Skywalker of this Trilogy. Star Wars is a family saga about the Skywalkers, so this Trilogy is going to be about the fight for Kylo's soul. It's a Skywalker story told through the eyes of a non-Skywalker who will find belonging in the Skywalker family.

We were supposed to care about Kylo because he's the last Skywalker. We were supposed to be invested in his future, worry for the outcome of his development. He is everything to the Skywalker line. It doesn't go on without him.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by BastilaBey on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:39 pm

@IoJovi wrote:Pablo, Pablo, Pablo....never change.

We all knew this day would come right? I mean, I watched The Force Awakens and wondered about the strange interactions Rey had with Kylo. I brought this up to my husband, and his first words were, "You know they're probably related, right?" I was perplexed. I thought, why in the world would they put that kind of subtext in the movie if they're related?

Still...this is so utterly satisfying I can't stand it!
@IoJovi

EXACTLY. Even if Reylo doesn't turn out to be endgame (I still think it will be), it is now incredibly hard for people to deny that Kylo looks at Rey with attraction. They hired Adam Driver from his acting in Girls where he plays a highly sexually charged character. He knows what he is doing in those scenes, it's not by accident.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by vaderito on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:41 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@vaderito

@AppleCrumble122

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 2 Tumblr_maxkj953y71qi17ru
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49921
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum