Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Who is Rey related to?

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap27%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 26 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap22%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 21 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap3%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap6%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap6%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
[ 6 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap1%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap1%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap0%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_lcap27%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 96

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1

Post by Gemini on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:25 am

I agree, Rey kenobi matches up with so much, including reylo and their bond

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1

Post by panki on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:25 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:It was not the Kenobist who brought up lineage in the spoiler thread, which is to my point exactly.... Kenobi theory gets policed and segregated in relation to a "spoiler"

Anyway moving on....

I don't want people to think that I am arguing or disagreeing to be disagreeable, this discussion is long overdue and done in public... People who want to speculate on Rey Kenobi should be free to do that in relation to other aspects of the story.
@spacebaby45678 and @Gemini

1. I believe a whole series of posts were moved mentioning other lineages as well, not just the Rey Kenobi ones.... so only Rey Kenobi posts were not  policed and segregated. Please check the thread before jumping to conclusions.

2. If something is relevant to the topic of a thread is discussed, it will remain there....but anything related to lineage will be moved to either the lineage thread or the relevant fan thread. To address your point, the Rey Kenobi theory cannot be randomly discussed everywhere unless it is actually relevant to that thread.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:22 am

Ok, so this huge new discovery about the rey Kenobi theory is....? Where? What? Tell me!
(personally I don't post much on Rey Kenobi thread because I am still not able to discriminate between true hints/clues and the simple huge amount of references in TFA, without real importance for the theory)
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:37 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:Ok, so this huge new discovery about the rey Kenobi theory is....? Where? What? Tell me!
(personally I don't post much on Rey Kenobi thread because I am still not able to discriminate between true hints/clues and the simple huge amount of references in TFA, without real importance for the theory)
@ZenBrainJam

You can check the Kenobi thread Smile
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:48 pm

I just want to clarify some things about the Rey Kenobi posts and thread.

As panki said, it isn’t that you are not allowed to discuss the Rey Kenobi theory in other threads; it is just that we do not want duplicate posts. Duplicate posts do happen on occasion, or occur when people want to move a discussion. What was happening here was that people were copying and pasting their posts across different threads at the same time.  Some of them were huge meta-type posts with gifs and pictures. The Rey Kenobi theory can be discussed in the lineage or Rey Kenobi thread. We just do not want duplicate posting or spamming in the lineage thread. The lineage thread is open for members to discuss all theories and ideas they might have about Rey's parentage.

In regards to the placement of the Rey Kenobi thread - We were asked if a Rey Kenobi thread could be made, and we only moved it to the VIII and IX forum because we thought it fit better there than TFA forum as we figured people would want to post about VIII and IX in it as well.

Also, and as was pointed out, this recent conversation was moved from the spoiler thread to the lineage thread because it fit better in it. We would do the same thing if people started posting about Snoke in the Finn thread. This place is busy and moves very fast, and we are trying to make it easier for people to read discussions and track the threads that interest them. If conversations have places dedicated to them, we try to shift them over to the appropriate threads.

As always, you can PM me or one of the admins if you want to discuss this further or have any questions.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:17 pm

@Gemini wrote:Funny how they say no one is related to anyone in rogue one...except that darth Vader is in there and well...
@Gemini
They never said nobody was related to anybody in Rogue One. Pablo and Kennedy said that the standalones weren't meant to be like Marvel with each film interconnecting with the main trilogies. It's about new characters on a new adventure. You won't have to watch Rogue One in order to understand anything from the ST. That's all Pablo and Kennedy meant, not that loved characters couldn't still make appearances. Vader was dark for over two decades. We saw some of his history in Rebels as well.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:32 pm

Removed.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 1:06 am

Hey folks my theory about the Sabres on tumblr with more in depth explanation

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/147256495394/obi-wans-saber-a-vision-and-kylo-ren-to-clear
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 1:08 am

Palpatine & Rey

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 1*cPUo8r0GcwY2qLBel9DmKA

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 2Q==

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 C4KXrADtUX0OSPf6DNf5VgPrHJNP8E-lAxCPephLPBQ
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 1:16 am

Wow, wonderful theory, @Gemini and bravos to the mashup pictures of Old Pal and Rey, @spacebaby45678
Claps  Claps  Claps

That's it! My ultimate headcanon, Obi Wan and Satine are Rey's grandparents and they have a secret child (Korkie) who become bad and married one of Palpatine's related/child. But the pair is being hunted and force to left Rey on Jakku with Plutt. That would explains her Kenobi cinnamon side and her Dark side
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 1:43 am

It's interesting how korkie starts off with reddish blonde hair and looks rather innocent, then when we last see him older they have clearly sharpened the features and given him an angrier expression to make him look villainous
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 2:02 am

@Gemini wrote:It's interesting how korkie starts off with reddish blonde hair and looks rather innocent, then when we last see him older they have clearly sharpened the features and given him an angrier expression to make him look villainous
@Gemini

They are just trying to show him more grown up... Korkie might not even be Obi Wan' there is considerable time that passes between The Academy and The Lawless at least 2 or 3 years, enough time for Satine & Obi to have another child after the Voyage of Temptation,

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_oa8rgnvcUo1v3o2r3o1_540

I think it is implied that they where intimate at that time

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdXENq4gCFg3zNnhn8SIA-Y00ul0D5Us5qBW8oQL1yHnl1mzwU

I think that Satine & Obi might have had a daughter who could be Rey's mother

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 2:11 am

Is that bald korkie?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 2:17 am

@Gemini wrote:Is that bald korkie?
@Gemini

No, I think that is his childhood friend
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 2:24 am

Great article on why Rey Random is the better option, don't agree with all of it but it is a good read

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Rey2

Rey Random, and why it makes sense

Before seeing The Force Awakens for the first time, I fully expected that our new hero, Rey, would be revealed to be the daughter of Luke Skywalker. At the time, the most popular theory amongst fans was that she would turn out to be the daughter of Han Solo and Leia Organa, but that seemed unlikely based on the plot details I had read. An “I am your father” moment for Luke still seemed to be on the table.

Leaving the cinema afterwards, I was convinced that both theories were dead, and that Rey’s parents were new, unknown characters. Yes, there were some visual parallels between Rey and some of Luke’s scenes in A New Hope, but these seemed to me to be “rhyming” visual echoes between protagonists, and not necessarily a hint at a family relationship. After all, many of BB-8’s scenes – rolling across a desert, flying in an X-Wing, the shot of Poe Dameron kneeling and giving him the data chip – strongly echoed similar moments involving R2-D2 in ANH.

The moment at which the Skywalker theory died for me was during the conversation in Maz Kanata’s castle:

Maz: You already know the truth. Whomever you’re waiting for on Jakku … they’re never coming back. But there’s someone who still could.

Rey: Luke …

Maz: The belonging you seek is not behind you … it is ahead.

The first line in particular creates a clear and specific separation between Rey’s family (the people she is waiting for) and Luke (who lies ahead of her). This dialogue speaks to the core theme of Rey’s journey in TFA, that of letting go of her past and accepting a new destiny for herself. Indeed, she finds a new family – not related by blood, but just as dear to her – in Finn, Han, Chewbacca and Leia.

My wife Meghan had very much the same reaction. She initially felt disappointed, as she had been hoping that Rey would turn out to be Luke’s daughter, but she gradually became more excited about some of the storytelling possibilities that had now opened up. Until the last day or so, she was even more convinced than I was that Rey is not a Skywalker (where I was around 95% sure, Meghan was 100%).

The first two podcasts I listened to following that first viewing – with BBC film critic Mark Kermode and story expert Alastair Stephens – both concluded that Rey was not Luke’s daughter. So I was quite taken aback to find that a large number of fans had switched their allegiance from Rey Solo … not to Rey “Unknown”, but to Rey Skywalker. Indeed, a poll on the Jedi Council forums shows that over 50% of fans who took part believe that to be the case.

And then this week happened.

The Bombshell

It all started at the MTV Movie Awards, where Daisy Ridley (a more deserving winner of the Best Breakthrough award I could not possibly conceive of) said:

“… to me, it’s funny that people think [Rey’s parentage] is so important, because I don’t really think it is.”

Ridley stated that she knows who Rey’s parents are, and also shot down the theory that Felicity Jones’s Rogue One character Jyn Erso will be revealed as Rey’s mother. This caused a certain amount of consternation amongst devotees of the Rey Skywalker theory, as many had come to the conclusion that Jyn would also be revealed to be Luke’s wife.

And then … there was last night.

In response to a question from a young boy called Kyle at the Tribeca Film Festival, director of TFA – and executive producer of the entire sequel trilogy – JJ Abrams stated:

“Rey’s parents are … not IN Episode VII. So I can’t possibly in this moment tell you who they are. But this is all I will say – it is something that Rey thinks about too.”

I’d recommend listening to the audio clip, where Abrams appears to be choosing his words carefully. Twitter and Tumblr predictably went into meltdown. A few hours later, Abrams attempted to lock the stable door after the bantha had bolted, saying:

“What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world.”

Abrams, of course, knows who Rey’s parents are. I find it difficult to believe that, in the knowledge that Luke is Rey’s father, he would ever have used the wording that he used in the first quote, especially after pausing to consider it. The “clarification” seems to be an attempt to keep the debate going, which suits the storytellers just fine if they want to maintain the mystery: having most fans believe the Rey Skywalker theory would distract us from examining what the real truth might be. Indeed, I’d suggest that if Rey is Luke’s daughter, Abrams would surely be happy to have most of us think that she isn’t, in order to make the reveal a surprise twist rather than an “I knew it!” confirmation.

Before Abrams issued his second statement, Pablo Hidalgo, Creative Executive of the Lucasfilm Story Group (who also knows the truth about Rey’s parents) tweeted in response to fan anger at the lack of a Skywalker in TFA:

“Kylo is the Skywalker in The Force Awakens, right? We know that already”.

He followed this up by retweeting the following from user @FelixAzrael:

“The magic of SW for kid me was that the Force was for anyone, irrespective of blood. But that’s just me. Smile

I will return to this point later. Meanwhile, Daisy Ridley went on Instagram and commented on Abrams’s original statement with “WHAT CAN IT ALL MEAN?!”. Ridley herself was not tagged into this post, so specifically went looking for it.

Taken together, I think this is the closest thing to a confirmation that Rey is not a Skywalker that we’re going to get for now. And I have to say: I’m convinced.

The Lucas treatment and bloodlines

In retrospect, we should probably have known this was coming. In an interview with Stephen Colbert at (ironically) the Tribeca Film Festival in 2015, George Lucas spoke about the treatments for the sequel trilogy that he had handed over to Kathleen Kennedy before retiring:

“The original story was about the father, the children and the grandchildren. They didn’t use my stories and they’ve taken it in a different direction.”

TFA, of course, does feature Anakin Skywalker’s grandchild, Kylo Ren. But Lucas here specifically refers to grandchildren. Pablo Hidalgo recently revealed a little more about Lucas’s treatments, tweeting:

“There’s a making of book in the works I’d rather not scoop. But the core idea – a young girl’s journey to become a Jedi – is his.”

Taken together, we might speculate that Lucas’s treatment told the story of the granddaughter of Anakin Skywalker, and her journey to become a Jedi, with another of Anakin’s grandchildren also involved. But as Lucas said – “They didn’t use my stories and they’ve taken it in a different direction.” This interview with JJ Abrams might give us a clue as to why:

“I really feel like the assumption that any character needs to have inherited a certain number of midi-chlorians or needs to be part of a bloodline, it’s not that I don’t believe that as part of the canon, I’m just saying that at 11 years old, that wasn’t where my heart was. And so I respect and adhere to the canon but I also say that the Force has always seemed to me to be more inclusive and stronger than that.”

The Phantom Menace did introduce the idea that someone’s potential in the Force can be measured by the number of midi-chlorians in their cells, but it’s a common misconception that this can only arise through one’s bloodline. Lucas makes no such assertion – there is nothing in TPM, or any of the films, that implies that a child cannot be born strong in the Force without their parents having it too. Just because it often runs in families doesn’t mean it always does. Indeed, this article from the official Star Wars website implies the opposite:

“… despite blood-tests that show your aptitude, learning the Force is still like Yoga, or boxing. You might be born more lithe, or bigger and stronger, but, because we all have midi-chlorians in us, we can all develop the Force to lesser or greater extents.”

Jason Fry’s excellent Servants of the Empire series – among the best books in the new Star Wars canon – last year introduced us to a character who was immensely strong in the Force, without her parents or sibling showing any sign of it. This is the approach the Lucasfilm Story Group seems to be adhering to.

I think it is clear from Abrams’s quote that he would prefer his hero not to be defined by her bloodline, or for us to believe it is the only reason for her strength. He sees the Force in a wider, more democratic way, which – contrary to common belief – does not contradict anything Lucas told us in his films. I think we can speculate that this may have been the key change Abrams made to Lucas’s treatments – to make Kylo the only grandchild of Anakin, and for Rey to be someone else, a true “everywoman” hero, a normal person with a great destiny. Rey being a Skywalker would define her by her bloodline; her parents being unknown characters would allow the audience to reach their own conclusions about whether her bloodline played a role or not, based on their personal interpretation of the Force.

(As a side-note, this is also the reason I don’t hold with the Rey Kenobi theory, aside from the fact that such a theory would require a lot of exposition while contributing very little to the drama.)

Putting that concept together with Ridley’s assertion that Rey’s journey is more important than her parentage, it has been interesting to witness the anger and frustration from some quarters of fandom, and the extent to which some fans’ investment in Rey was based on who they thought her dad was. Rey is a wonderful character, revolutionary in Star Wars history, portrayed incandescently by Daisy Ridley – how wonderful it would be if she could be appreciated for these things alone.

What next?

So if Rey’s parents are original, unknown characters, why all the mystery? My personal speculation is that their identity isn’t important, but what happened to them – the reason Rey was abandoned on Jakku – is.

I have a couple of theories about this. One is that Rey, as a child, lived in a populated area, but that in a moment of anger, her inherent strength in the Force caused some kind of disaster. Terrified of her power, those living around her wanted her killed. Rey’s mother sacrificed herself to allow Rey’s father to smuggle her off the planet. Knowing they were being tracked, he quickly dropped her on Jakku, then sped off into the galaxy as a diversion, where his pursuers caught up with him and destroyed his ship. A revelation like this would highlight the importance of having the correct training, and warn against the destructive effects of anger and hatred.

Or, perhaps, Kylo and his Knights of Ren attacked Rey’s town or village, slaughtering them (could this be the scene we see in the rain during Rey’s Force vision?). However, Kylo senses the presence of Rey in the Force, and in a moment of compassion allows her to escape. A relative then smuggles her off the planet and onto Jakku. It has already been established that Kylo’s struggle is with the light side of the Force – what a shock it would be to him if this young girl has come back into his life, a reminder of his own weakness.

More likely, the true answer is something that nobody has considered yet. But what does this mean for Rey’s future?

Personally, I think Rey being unrelated to the Skywalkers opens far more exciting storytelling possibilities than a “good cousin vs bad cousin” battle. I am drawn to the idea that Rey, an orphan girl, is sent to the Skywalker family by the Force’s will to help them correct their mistakes, and restore balance to the Force. The lightsaber calls to her, and flies into her hand instead of Kylo’s, because the Force has chosen her, and because she is worthy of it – a more powerful reason, in my opinion, than “because of her blood.” The dynamic for the trilogy would then be between Rey, the low-born hero who earns her power, and Kylo, the high-born villain who feels entitled to his (“That lightsaber belongs to me!”). Rey would effectively be adopted by the Skywalker family, perhaps even assuming their name, having no knowledge of her real surname. This would be a powerful statement that an adopted family is just as strong, just as meaningful, just as real, as any blood relationship.

And then there are the “Reylo” theories. The Atlantic recently published an article about those who “ship” a romantic relationship between Rey and Kylo Ren. Could this be the way the story goes? Well, possibly. Kylo finding redemption through romantic love would certainly be an interesting inversion of Anakin’s fall, bringing the saga full circle. I could see it happening in two ways – the “Severus Snape” approach, where Kylo falls in unrequited love with Rey, eventually leading him to a noble act of self-sacrifice; or the “Dark Disciple” approach, where Rey and Kylo team up together to bring down Supreme Leader Snoke, both for different reasons, blurring the lines between the light side and the dark.

A romantic relationship between Rey and Kylo is one way in which the Skywalker line could continue past Episode IX and into a further trilogy. However, Lucas spoke of Episodes I-IX as the story of the Skywalkers – father, children, and grandchildren. He made no mention of further films. Perhaps Lucasfilm’s intent is to follow through on this – Kylo Ren, redeemed or not, will be the last Skywalker. If there are further sequels, they could then follow other characters, and perhaps even drop the “episode” numbers. The nine episodes would present us with the complete family saga, as Lucas had intended.

Above all, my feeling is that we should keep an open mind, avoid getting too invested in our own theories, refuse the temptations of anger and hatred, and instead enjoy the story as it unfolds, and appreciate Rey for the remarkable addition to the Star Wars story that she is – whoever she is, or isn’t, related to.
https://quigonsmith.wordpress.com/2016/04/16/rey-random-and-why-it-makes-sense/

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 3:03 am

What's your view n Rey random? I mean she is presented as such in the trailer and the film somewhat
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 3:14 am

@Gemini wrote:What's your view n Rey random? I mean she is presented as such in the trailer and the film somewhat
@Gemini

REY SKYWALKER CONFIRMED

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o7r6tk0Zc81u94i8j_540

I think she is Random over Rey Palpatine. I don't think Lucas film would go there with Palpatine, they would have to sell the merchandise and toys in tandom.  Random seems to be an easier fit with the current climate at LF & Disney. And considering that now Jakku is so important almost being an Arrakis like Dune... where the lead romantic female was just random, and the mother and sister of Paul Atriedes where more important.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 3:22 am

Oh how ironic that they use goggles for reywalker...because many people have skywalker goggles
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 3:47 am

@Gemini wrote:Oh how ironic that they use goggles for reywalker...because many people have skywalker goggles
@Gemini

It seems ReySky & Skymom are still a thing, I don't think many people keep up with Pablo's tweets...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:05 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Great article on why Rey Random is the better option, don't agree with all of it but it is a good read

CUT

So if Rey’s parents are original, unknown characters, why all the mystery? My personal speculation is that their identity isn’t important, but what happened to them – the reason Rey was abandoned on Jakku – is.

CUT
@spacebaby45678

This is interesting. After all the fuss about Rey parentage I thought that she could not be a random, but now this different approach is making me reconsider all the subject again.
About the photos above, with the "rey skywalker confirmed" caption... well, in a consistent universe like SW you can't expect to not find similar objects, clothes, planets, weapons, vehicles, droids, and so on. That's why I never look at this type of hint as a proof. How many people weared that type of helmet? Han has one identical too. A lot of resistance affiliates wear that helmet in ESB. So? So it does not mean anything at all.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:44 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Great article on why Rey Random is the better option, don't agree with all of it but it is a good read

CUT

CUT
@spacebaby45678

This is interesting. After all the fuss about Rey parentage I thought that she could not be a random, but now this different approach is making me reconsider all the subject again.
About the photos above, with the "rey skywalker confirmed" caption... well, in a consistent universe like SW you can't expect to not find similar objects, clothes, planets, weapons, vehicles, droids, and so on. That's why I never look at this type of hint as a proof. How many people weared that type of helmet? Han has one identical too. A lot of resistance affiliates wear that helmet in ESB. So? So it does not mean anything at all.
@ZenBrainJam

It is a great argument, and I will have to add it in my second to Kenobi theory, as the best one. But if LF really wanted to leave a shockon teh audience they would just break out Rey Palpatine...

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 9k=
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:48 am

Or maybe she is a Kenobi-Palpatine, I could go for that

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 37 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIqXL-FBlFBno5vR3h0kKhJYASOuvbEsT5aa1_l8s57AqvBLKW
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:49 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:

CUT

CUT
@spacebaby45678

@spacebaby45678 @ZenBrainJam

While I can see where people saying that it's more important  why Rey was left on Jakku than who her parents are the movie didn't present it that way.I mean they could have had Rey remeber who her parents are and have her wait for them to come back for her while at the same time having  no idea why they left her there but the additional materilas make it clear that Rey has no memory of who she or her family is.I also don't think so many people are interetsed in Rey's parentage because there was nothing else to disucss about her character but because it was presented as something important unlike Finn who alsohas no family but people arent speculating who these people might be.So why all the mistery if it wouldn't end up being something importnat to the overall story?It just doesnt make lot of sense to em from a storytelling POV.When you keep the origins of the protagonist a mistery it's usually because they're important and sometimes even the answer to the overall plot as well as change the protagonist in some ways like with Oliver Twist for example.While his parents were dead by the time the evnts of the novel happen they were still important to the story and Oliver himself.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 4:54 am

@CienaRee wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:

CUT

CUT
@spacebaby45678

@spacebaby45678 @ZenBrainJam

While I can see where people saying that it's more important  why Rey was left on Jakku than who her parents are the movie didn't present it that way.I mean they could have had Rey remeber who her parents are and have her wait for them to come back for her while at the same time having  no idea why they left her there but the additional materilas make it clear that Rey has no memory of who she or her family is.So why all the mistery if it wouldn't end up being something importnat to the overall story?It just doesnt make lot of sense to em from a storytelling POV.When you keep the origins of the protagonist a mistery it's usually because they're important and sometimes even the answer to the overall plot as well as change the protagonist in some ways like with Oliver Twist for example.While his parents were dead by the time the evnts of the novel happen they were still important to the story and Oliver himself.
@CienaRee

I think the theory goes that we would need to expand the universe, by making her a descendant of anyone in the OT or PT, it contracts the universe... less stories to tell etc.

For all intents and purposes Cinderella was a nobody who married a Prince, so was Beauty,... and or like Rumpelstilskin, her parents where so horrible it was just better that she forgot them and moved forward with her Prince.

In order to make himself appear superior, a miller lies to the king, telling him that his daughter can spin straw into gold. (Some versions make the miller's daughter blonde and describe the "straw-into-gold" claim as a careless boast the miller makes about the way his daughter's straw-like blonde hair takes on a gold-like lustre when sunshine strikes it.) The king calls for the girl, shuts her in a tower room filled with straw and a spinning wheel, and demands she spin the straw into gold by morning or he will cut off her head (other versions have the king threatening to lock her up in a dungeon forever). When she has given up all hope, an imp-like creature appears in the room and spins the straw into gold in return for her necklace (since he only comes to people seeking a deal/trade). When next morning the king takes the girl to a larger room filled with straw to repeat the feat, the imp spins in return for the girl's ring. On the third day, when the girl has been taken to an even larger room filled with straw and told by the king that he will marry her if she can fill this room with gold or execute her if she cannot, the girl has nothing left with which to pay the strange creature. He extracts from her a promise that she will give him her firstborn child and so he spins the straw into gold a final time. (In some versions, the imp appears and begins to turn the straw into gold, paying no heed to the girl's protests that she has nothing to pay him with; when he finishes the task, he states that the price is her first child, and the horrified girl objects because she never agreed to this arrangement.)

In all of these stories the female's protaganist's future ( with her Prince) is more important than the past
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:11 am

I would be totally fine with Rey random but we are talking about a billion worth franchise, you just can't have a random heroine and make us wait for chapter IX to say who she is. That's why I'm not sold to this idea
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum