General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 7:59 pm

Very interesting article..  A new Sith Lord added to canon huh.. here's a snippet!
Dyce, 2018 wrote: The exclusive list of confirmed Sith Lords has grown by one, now that Darth Atrius and his crossguard lightsabers have been revealed in the Star Wars Annual #4. And not only is the previously unknown Sith now in canon, but he plays a major role in the events that brought Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader into the same location - long before their own lightsaber duel in The Empire Strikes Back.

As fate would have it, the estranged father and son first crossed paths thanks to a duel of a different kind. One that saw each Skywalker claim one of Darth Atrius's lightsaber... along with the hateful anger that still haunted the Sith blades.

For those who may have assumed that the history of the Sith was as extensive and varied as that of the Jedi, you're now right and wrong, thanks to most of the Star Wars expanded universe going from canon to "Legends." Previously, storytellers cooked up all kinds of Sith figures who tied into modern events. But after the Disney acquisition, the list has been pared down to those confirmed only in films, TV shows, novels, and comics post-purchase.

Which is why the introduction of Darth Atrius in the Star Wars Annual is such a historic reveal....

source: https://screenrant.com/star-wars-darth-atrius-lightsabers/

Follow the link to read the full article, and see a sample from the comic.

I knew I'd seen Luke Skywalker being influenced by a Sith relic of some kind lately - this is where I saw it! I love this concept and would love to see Rey grapple with something like this in IX! lol.
This comic is available to read on youtube. Hoorah! here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6dUVn638A
I haven't read it yet.. will be adding it to my very long list lol.
If anyone reads it - let us know how it is please I'd love to hear your thoughts
Gotta run.. I'm suppose to be working. eek!
sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Lando (2015) comic series - recommendation!

Post by DeeBee on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 9:47 pm

Hi Everyone, I recently read the first Lando comic series (5 issues in this series) - published in 2015 and it is canon..
Thought I'd give it a shout out.. as it was loads of fun! I've always enjoyed the Lando character, but haven't naturally gravitated to him until recently - this Lando comic and The Last Shot novel really won me over. I loved his evolution as a character and I now love early Lando more because of this.

Anyone else read this comic series?
Here is issue 1 of 5 on youtube if you are interested:

This playlist provides the other 4 issues also.
There are loads of interesting little tidbits in these comics!
A few random non-spoilery comments:
This comic is set after the events of the Solo movie, before Lando takes over Cloud City. Lobot is basically Lando's partner in crime already..
We get to see Lando charming a female Imperial Moff. LOL..
There is a hoard of Sith Relics involved..
Lando works with some cool Aliens that are new to me (they look a lot like Panthers!)..

A bounty hunter..
We see the Emperor..
Foreshadowing of Lando's future path for good..

A few very spoilery comments and images!:
Lando takes on a pair of alien twins clones

This is them hugging after a fight. I swear they are 'a couple' - I think it's totally hinted at that they are basically a gay couple.. looking to raise a family together! Of course, things don't quite work out for them - but these two are seriously cool. I love the way they look, and fight!

Loved how the Bounty hunter Chanath Cha turned out to be a woman - great surprise reveal! then.. she's not a previous lover of Lando's but of Lobot! Nicely done!

I especially enjoyed the references to the force:
-the impact of the Sith relics on the people involved.
-the sly references to hmm why does our emperor have so many Sith relics
-and we meet another former force scholar (not unlike LST!)

Finally, I love how the story ends.. I'll share the end moments with you.
Lobot is injured earlier - and when injured his implants take over and he loses himself. It's left unclear if Lobot will recover himself.. but at the end of the comic, Lando using the word 'cure' activates a recording from Lobot that he made earlier while he was still himself.. Lobot plays the recording to Lando - like it is his final words to Lando (whether they actually are I'm not sure... )
Here is the final moments and the message Lobot wants to leave his friend with!

[they are zooming across space in an escape pod in this final frame]  

One final random comment that isn't really spoilery - there is a reference to an early version of Hyperspace tracking that is covered in these comics!

The Empire is able to track one of their ships through hyperspace! Though the accuracy of the technology was not at TLJ level, it's cool to see that this was seeded back in 2015 content!! [not just Rogue One!]

So if you get a chance.. check it out! sunny

Edited to add: I just answered my own question - about Lobot!
Lobot:

Lobot must manage to take back control of his mind from the implants - because this comic is before Empire Strikes back - and we see him in ESB!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:27 pm

I believe this is the cover for TLJ issue #6

The Poe Dameron comic is coming to an end in September. Issue #31 will be the final comic.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:45 pm

@Riri

There are 31 comics starring Poe Dameron o_O That is a lot for a character that only exists since end of 2015. How many does Vader have? I am not a comic book reader. I guess I could check myself, but am lazy.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 5:10 pm

Looks like Vader had a series of 25 comics, and has another currently running series that will be on #21 and counting in September. He's also featured in some books and Rebels and so forth.

I'm thinking LF will continue to milk Vader, since he's really the most iconic and profitable characters in SW. Hopefully they will start milking the Kylo and Luke stories after IX, because they are being super cagey and secretive about both characters.

Poe will be in the Resistance show, but not as a main character. He seems to be winding down. Not sure how much more there is to explore with this one. LF just made a bunch of media about him, and more recently Rose and Paige, to tide over people who are into the ST. Most of the other characters are shrouded in mystery, so it's Poe by default.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 3:36 am

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 3:53 am

Hm, kind of lame? The force is the light, the force is the dark- Jedi choose the light- shocking! affraid  Seriously? Rolling Eyes

Sorry, maybe I'm just salty because I was hoping Rey would need help from a certain someone to read the books- and I wasn't thinking of C-3PO Err no

And it seems like we're running in circles with the force lore- light/dark balance blah blah...wishy washy.
I know they wouldn't reveal anything groundbreaking in the side material, but really? I'm tired of them repeating the same stuff for decades...

I love the part when Finn worries for Rose and reveals a little bit about him being a Stormtrooper and how they were considered "dispensable" if they get injured they weren't good enough soldiers in the first place. More of that please!
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Poe comics

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 3:54 am

I couldn’t find the comics thread to post this - it is relevant to episode 9 though as there’s a lot of foreshadowing & few spoilers :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/8sgan6/some_spoilers_from_poe_28/?st=JIMVSJ0J&sh=9c5f4e6b
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 8:22 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:I couldn’t find the comics thread to post this - it is relevant to episode 9 though as there’s a lot of foreshadowing  & few spoilers :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/8sgan6/some_spoilers_from_poe_28/?st=JIMVSJ0J&sh=9c5f4e6b
@AhsokaTano

Thanks for the link. I browsed through and found the Leia stuff very interesting,
possible spoiler?:
that she's tired and needs to rest a bit before talking with Poe, she had that radiation exposure before, R2D2 telling BB-8 not to worry, as long as Leia Organa is running the Resistance show we will be alright...
Things that make you go hmmm. I should get into this Poe comic series. Also like someone pointed out on reddit, the bored and guarded vibe from Rey in her dynamics with Poe gives me life. Twisted Evil

@Night Huntress Lol I agree with what you said re: "the dark...the light...they are in the Force..." getting kind of repetitive at this point, but as a Reylo it makes me beyond hopeful because so "opposite sides of the same coin" such "yin and yang imagery", wow. Twisted Evil

@californiagirl wrote:

I'm thinking LF will continue to milk Vader, since he's really the most iconic and profitable characters in SW. Hopefully they will start milking the Kylo and Luke stories after IX, because they are being super cagey and secretive about both characters.

Poe will be in the Resistance show, but not as a main character. He seems to be winding down. Not sure how much more there is to explore with this one. LF just made a bunch of media about him, and more recently Rose and Paige, to tide over people who are into the ST. Most of the other characters are shrouded in mystery, so it's Poe by default.
@californiagirl

Now when I read the word "milking" I think of the TLJ scene of doom.

Kidding aside, I agree with what you're saying here. Poe is a good character to focus on between movies. The IX money is obviously on Rey and Kylo, hence the relative quiet on that front for now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Poe Dameron Comic issue #28

Post by DeeBee on Wed 20 Jun 2018, 10:31 pm

@Riri -thanks for sharing Riri!
I just finished reading Poe Dameron #28 and I loved it! the issue is full of content relevant to IX. It exceeded my low expectations!

@AhsokaTano   I find with foreshadowing, I can't confirm it is foreshadowing until it's played out. lol. I think SW likes to drop in little hints which may or may not mean something! But it sure is fun to play around with.. and when I start to see things hinted at in multiple places - this increases the chances that it may mean something I think.

@Darth Rowan -I agree, I think Poe is a good choice - the number of comics doesn't really indicate how super special and important he is- it's more how he is situated across all the stories they are wanting to tell. A lot of his comics are not even about him. And many of them have been about black squadron - now there is a group to keep a look out for heading into IX!
Because Poe Dameron #28 has for the first time that I'm aware of, finally revealed where the rest of Black squadron were and why they were not in TLJ. this is IMHO massively important heading into IX! I might discuss this in the Resistance in IX thread in more detail.

@Night Huntress wrote:Hm, kind of lame? The force is the light, the force is the dark- Jedi choose the light- shocking! affraid  Seriously? Rolling Eyes
Sorry, maybe I'm just salty because I was hoping Rey would need help from a certain someone to read the books- and I wasn't thinking of C-3PO Err no
And it seems like we're running in circles with the force lore- light/dark balance blah blah...wishy washy.
I know they wouldn't reveal anything groundbreaking in the side material, but really? I'm tired of them repeating the same stuff for decades...
I love the part when Finn worries for Rose and reveals a little bit about him being a Stormtrooper and how they were considered "dispensable" if they get injured they weren't good enough soldiers in the first place. More of that please!
@Night Huntress
-It's all good night huntress - I tend to love this force stuff but I know it's not for everyone..
For me, I agree that we are seeing the light/dark/balance being referenced more and more - when things get repeated this is exciting and tells me this may possibly be very important to the events in IX.
In a way everything with the force can feel a little 'wishy-washy' so I know where you are coming from! I'm soaking up all this content and trying to make some sense of it along the way - the force is myserious, but I think the content across all media is starting to pull things together - in a way that will change how the force is understood - this is all turning the PT and the OT concepts of the force on it's head - so I think it needs to be repeated and repeated and fans can benefit from some umm preparation for this?
I don't know. this is just my current thinking and we'll see!
Have you seen the balance thread in the IX section? some of us have been collecting all these force insights together in hopes of forming a clearer (less wishy washy) picture. If you see it would love to hear your thoughts - and anyone else's who would care to share sunny

Okay! so here's a few random non-spoilery thoughts on Poe Dameron #28!
-I was prepared for this to be a hooo humm repeat of the previous issue - Poe recounting tales to Finn and Rey and being annoying. but no. it was far from this!
One thing I didn't love - was how for half the comic I didn't know who was talking to each other. Who was recounting the events of star killer- and who were they being recounted to? The reveal for who the conversation is between though- has IMHO big pay offs!
-No present time Leia in this issue..and I was surprised that the issue went all the way from starkiller attack to when they started to evacuate D'aqar.
-Questions about what happened to Black squadron are starting to be addressed now!

Spoilery Random comments and images:
- the story is a reminder of a small group taking on a massive obstacle [foreshadowing for IX?]
- the line about how if Leia is running the show they can have hope was - eek.. a worry! [more foreshadowing?]
- A few reminders of how the resistance gave Finn a chance (as a FO turncoat they couldn’t be sure they could trust him) and how he was a stormtrooper [foreshadowing?]
- Also a reminder here that Finn fought Kylo Ren - haven't seen that for a while! As it wasn't addressed directly in TLJ.. [foreshadowing for IX?]
-  A couple of times there are references to the wider resistance and what they were up to - which was IMHO pretty vague in TLJ - so good to see this.
- all the names of the fallen – future stars of ‘resistance’?
this image here:

was frankly - to me harrowing!! An awful image and moment..
I hope BB8 is able to put together an honour roll. this would be wonderful.

-Wonderful to see Rey starting to look at the Jedi texts and that C3P0 can help. I might save this discussion and the wider implications in the force balance thread. but suffice to say - Loving this new content!!!

-R2D2 and BB8 seem to be getting on like a house of fire  - this here was especially exciting for me to read:
[this is R2D2 in blue saying this to BB8]

[R2's dialogue is cut off so it finishes here abruptly] This dialogue from R2D2 is massive - and it's new. I've never seen this before.
I've been playing around with the idea that R2D2 is present throughout the PT, OT and ST - he is a historian. And he has never had a memory wipe. He is in the position to be able to impact the events of IX because of his knowledge of the history of the story, and also to tell the whole story once it is completed. As he says - it is his destiny! this is really cool!
Yep- how much these droids know may be very significant..

While reading this issue a few things struck me.. (not spoilery)
-Poe shows signs he can think creatively in battle, under pressure.. I've tended to overlook this in TLJ because his failure in disobeying Leia's orders and costing the lives of all the bomber resistance fighters was pretty breathtaking.
His initial plan of playing for time, approaching the FO fleet on his own,  taking out the surface canons, and (as Poe describes) using the egos of all the FO destroyer leaders was actually a really great idea. There are clues here that moving forward - he may actually make a great leader of the resistance..

-One other new thought for me (though lol probably not for most viewers haaa) was my realisation that - had Kylo not kidnapped Rey - the resistance would not have been successful in blowing up starkiller!!!
It was only because Finn wanted to rescue her.. and it was only because of Han, Chewie, Finn and Rey blowing holes in the oscillator that Poe was able to get in there and actually destroy the thing. Nicely done. I like that.. sweet justice haaaaaa..  

One last comment - in general I found some of the artwork in this issue to be really well done.

I loved all the images of starkiller.
[FYI, I took the images from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0THgAfpLc ]

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updated comment title)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 1:28 am

@DeeBee

My issue isn't with the force stuff- I love the force stuff...my problem is they're repeating the same "lessons" over and over but without translating what that actually mean in universe for our characters- especially the force-sensitive ones.

I thought the scene in TLJ when Luke explains to Rey what the force is (for a lack of a better wording). I personally understood that the dark isn't something "bad" by default. It's necessary because without darkness there can be no light and the other way around. Life, death, decay- that feeds new life etc.

Luke said to Rey the Jedi were wrong - their hubris lead to their downfall. But I miss someone actually pointing out what could've been done differently.

What's even the definition of "light" or "dark"- for me it's only the motivation behind your actions. Is ist something selfless, or self-serving...and these lines could be blurred.
For example - the Jedi always put the greater cause over that of individuals...but what's the "greater cause" worth if you don't care about the beings that it effects? You know what I mean? Self-serving motivations aren't always bad either. It's something you often need in order to survive.

The same with all the emotions Jedi condemn as "dark".
Fear, anger, attachment, aggression etc.- these feelings are all necessary for sentient beings.

So instead of rejecting these feelings they should've learned to deal with them in a healthy way.

The same of course for the Sith/dark siders- they refuse emotions like compassion, love etc. because they think it's making them weak.

The Jedi & the Sith/Darksiders are both extremists in my opinion.

The balance is (imo) embracing all emotions, good or bad- but not letting them define you as a person.

And from all the hints we get in canon they still seem to shy away from admitting the darkness isn't always BAD.

I hoped something along this would be in those Jedi-Books but a seriously doubt it. Rolling Eyes

P.S: the Yoda cameo in TLJ could've been a perfect opportunity for Yoda to admit that...I mean he wanted Luke to kill his own father because he thought Vader was beyond saving. He was WRONG!
Instead he again said: "Lost young Ben Solo you have- loosing Rey we must not..:" (or something along those lines). WHAT? You're over 800 years old and still haven't learned anything from the past???
I really dislike Yoda Err no
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 2:12 am

@Night Huntress -Oh I see! Cool thanks for correctly my understanding! This is awesome content to explore! I think it's something to dig into for sure. Just recently I was conversing in the Luke in TLJ thread about what Luke saw in Ben - when he saw the dark.. this is similar to what you are talking about I think- it can be hard to pin down. Intentionally so - and I think it's always been that way (at least it has for me! I remember as a child watching ROTJ and being utterly confused that Luke was not allowed to feel anger at his friends being murdered??!!! aie.. )

I think the ideas of the dark and light that are coming out now are new - so they will be repeated, with small variations - we are being drip fed this stuff and to be honest, while I can understand your frustration - I don't really mind it myself because I think it's just part of the story unfolding. I'm suppose to be confused at what it all means. I'm suppose to ask questions. A Dave Filoni interview in the Balance thread talked about how they do this on purpose.
It is tricky when the story unfolds and we find some of the stuff we learned was not true.. or we may suspect is not true.
I feel like the ST has thrown it all up in the air and I can't be 100% certain where it will all land, but I am confident that IX will give me enough answers to be able to follow the story of balance that they are telling, even if I can't fully understand the force, the light or the dark.
I think there is lots of truth in what you say about the dark and the light, but I'm so sorry - I don't have time to get into it now - but I will come back to this for sure!

I would just add about Yoda- I accepted that Yoda knew he had made a mistake when at the end of ROTJ Anakin was redeemed - and Yoda and Obi-wan, because of Anakin's sacrifice helped Anakin to become one with the force (aka a force ghost). This information is on the SW databank.
It's not outright stated anywhere though - but the Yoda, Anakin and Obi-wan FG trio together at the end of ROTJ implies they (Obi-wan and Yoda) could see they had been wrong about Vader. I totally agree what Yoda and Obi-wan were believing and asked of Luke was so wrong!! lol. There was something about this in TLJ adaptation - and ouchie. It was so clear that the old Jedi really did a number on Luke. I'll try and share it in a Luke thread if I can remember. Umm feel free to remind me if anyone sees this and I don't do this. lol.
Yoda being wrong about Vader being beyond saving but not saying this in TLJ? Yeah I think they chose not to go there because they didn't want it too overt that Kylo/Ben is able to or going to be saved. But I too would have liked to see this conversation! frustration.. but oh well.. we got what we got!

I'd love to not lose this discussion - if it's okay with you - I might quote your comment on the balance of the force in IX thread and respond there. I really want to reply properly now but I've just spent half of today enjoying SW and I've come to the end of my SW time! It's been a real luxury today! So sorry for this rushed reply. bye for now!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 12:49 pm

@Night Huntress

The way I see it, Yoda is a trickster. He will say what Luke needs to move forward. He knows that Luke will do exactly the opposite to what he tells him Very Happy  That’s what Luke did going to Cloud City, believing in his father in spite of being told to kill him, and in TLJ giving a chance to Ben to not cause more damage and cool off. The Yoda I don’t understand is the one in the PT being so tough on Anakin.

On the rest, yeah, it’s about time they stop with that light vs dark sith. I am still dreaming about that First Jedi mosaic representing balance between light and dark showing up again in IX. Not the original one on Ahch-To but maybe in the Jedi books. That beautiful mosaic was not given enough credit in TLJ, which probably means it was just a bonus for people like us and will never be mentioned again Crying or Very sad
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:05 pm

Theyre releasing a special edition cover for Thrawn Alliances with a Hayden version

"Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Vader ally against a threat to the Empire in this new novel from bestselling author Timothy Zahn. The sequel to New York Times bestseller Thrawn, Thrawn: Alliances will continue to follow the rise of Grand Admiral Thrawn to the heights of Imperial power—and accompany him into the past, witnessing his first encounter with the man who will one day become Darth Vader."

The official cover for the novel depicts the two characters in a similar pose though at a different point in time, depicting Vader in his iconic helmet and Thrawn in his more professional Imperial attire.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/06/25/star-wars-anakin-skywalker-hayden-christensen-thrawn-alliances/
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:10 pm

@MrsWindu
You beat me to it lol!I saw this too.I was gonna post it on the thrawn thread. I love this cover . Can’t wait to read thrawn alliances . You may want to post on thrawn thread too. Smile

Sent from Topic'it App
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@MrsWindu
You beat me to it lol!I saw this too.I was gonna post it on the thrawn thread. I love this cover . Can’t wait to read thrawn alliances . You may want to post on thrawn thread too. Smile

Sent from Topic'it App
@AhsokaTano

DOH!!! moderators - so sorry I totally forgot there’s a separate thread for Thrawn. You may either delete my post or move it. Sorry for double post
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:34 pm

@MrsWindu
I think this is relevant here too as it’s about a canon novel so you were right to post it here. Smile
I’ve also posted something from Star Wars site about it on thrawn thread( not same article as above ).
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 01 Jul 2018, 4:30 am

Manga adaption of Lost Stars. Major Reylo vibes here. How long before Ciena is accused of being abusive for putting a knife to his throat? The English version isn't out yet btw!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 01 Jul 2018, 6:32 am

@Riri

Didn't you know? It's OK for the womanl to be abusive towards the man! But NEVER the other way around Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 4:36 am

Hi everyone this is being discussed as we speak on reddit-the cover of latest TLJ comic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/8wpwnp/does_anyone_think_they_are_making_kylo_darker_in/?st=JJB7E6SW&sh=6e5d28aa
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 8:03 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Hi everyone this is being discussed as we speak on reddit-the cover of latest TLJ comic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/8wpwnp/does_anyone_think_they_are_making_kylo_darker_in/?st=JJB7E6SW&sh=6e5d28aa
@AhsokaTano

Not really a fan of the graphics of these series but I love the feel in this - manga-ish. Dark an twisted, but still. Bit of puppetmaster feels as well. Kylo, Kylo where have you gone now.
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 9:23 am

I don't like the cover to be honest- Kylo looks like a madman and doesn't resemble Adam Driver at all...and is it me, or is he squinting? WTH

Maybe I'm spoiled by all the beautiful Kylo fan art out there...but this style is not my taste at all.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 5:06 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:I don't like the cover to be honest- Kylo looks like a madman and doesn't resemble Adam Driver at all...and is it me, or is he squinting? WTH

Maybe I'm spoiled by all the beautiful Kylo fan art out there...but this style is not my taste at all.
@Night Huntress

Yeah, I’m not really digging the cover or the way Kylo looks either. It’s not a very Star War-sy cover imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 5:22 pm

Yeah the art is odd in this comic as was the force awakens one . I thought the discussion on Reddit about it more interesting ie about how divisive Kylo is but that it ties in with his character - he’s torn apart between light and dark( and he looks proper dark here on the cover like he’s losing it after Rey left him )and so is the audience too with some loving/liking him
as a character and others loathing him.
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Yoda's secret War & Star Wars Annual 2- Foreshadowing the Sequel Trilogy

Post by DeeBee on Sun 08 Jul 2018, 5:32 am

Hiya!
I just finished reading the five part Yoda comic 'Yoda's Secret War'  - It's canon and was released end of 2015/ early 2016.
For anyone who loves force stuff and Yoda - I'd recommend you read it! I ended up buying it and am glad I did... it also came with the Star Wars Annual 2 for free. Nice!
Thought I'd share a few thoughts on this content and three moments foreshadowing events in the ST.

ST foreshadowing:
1) (From the Yoda comic) Luke reading Ben Kenobi's journal - so he can learn more about the force, in the hopes of becoming a Jedi. We see the journal at the beginning of the comic:

This could be foreshadowing Rey and the Jedi texts.. I thought this was cool - as this is right before Luke goes to meet with Yoda and begin his training, and he is looking for a teacher to help him become a Jedi - sound familiar? It also makes me wonder - where is Ben Kenobi's diary now?!
And we see it at the end.. with a wonderful message:

The Yoda comic series ends with a really wonderful moment of Luke helping the people at the heart of this story, and Yoda senses that Luke is almost ready to come to him for training - and Yoda says to himself that he waiting for him (On Dagobah). It's very cool. I loved it!

2)  (From Annual 2) - Leia is injured and close to death, trapped and being hunted. She's helped by a local - a muscle building woman who hates both the empire and the rebellion because they have both cost so many lives. Thinking she is dying, we get a speech from Leia which I found gave me chills now that I've seen TLJ.

I think there could be foreshadowing here - the survival of the rebellion (i.e. resistance) being what's important and Leia's talk of the fight costing her life. The line about 'War making monsters of us all' - Gave me chills - and totally reminded me of Kylo/Ben A monster? yes I am!!! whooooo...

3) (From Annual 2) - We have a brief bridal carry moment between Ben's mama and papa!!!!!

Foreshadowing Kylo/Ben and Rey bridal carry? I like to think so I love you
We even had a moment of Han helping Leia with her injury, as she lay in the alcove on the MF where Rose is resting at the end of TLJ!

Anyone else read the annuals and the Yoda series?
I'm interested it read the annuals now - I want to find out what happens with R2D2 and C3PO!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum