General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 1:10 am

Wasn’t sure where to post this but since it’s about novels etc thought would post this here . It looks like July 20th is the day to watch for upcoming announcements for new Star Wars books etc at comic con :
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscanon/comments/8wwery/disneylucasfilm_publishing_stories_from_a_galaxy/?st=JJDV80KL&sh=bd9f1f5f
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 3:43 pm

So more info regarding new Thrawn Alliances novel and Padme is on a mission in Batuu:

https://www.starwars.com/news/thrawn-alliances-exclusive-excerpt-2

AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Poe Dameron Annual 2:a new detail about Black Squadron's mission during events of TLJ

Post by DeeBee on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 5:41 am

@AhsokaTano - check out that artwork. Gotta have the thigh gap going! Doesn't look realistic at all ugh. But.. more Padme? well hoorah! How can I complain about that??!!! what am I thinking?! I've pre-ordered the thrawn trilogy book!!

Just thought I'd mention that the 'Poe Dameron Annual 2' comic being released 29 August later this year (hmm just in time for the debut of the resistance tv show), includes a little more info about black squadron in the description that is new to me..
"CAN POE DAMERON OUTMANEUVER ONE OF THE GALAXY's GREATEST PILOTS?
Rebellions may be built on built on hope, but they need more than that to survive.
LEIA sends BLACK SQUADRON on a new mission, one that will raise important funds for THE RESISTANCE.
Can a group of pilots really do the work of smugglers and scoundrels?"
- I did not know the mission they had been sent on by Leia was to raise important funds for the resistance. I think this is new.. and this explains where they were during the events of TLJ - and is likely going to be revealed in Poe Dameron 29 comic that's being released next week. [In 28 we only learned that they needed to 'reach out' to allies- nothing about raising funds]
source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Poe_Dameron_Annual_2
The art work with the Poe Dameron Annual 2 is so beefcake/ 'the right stuff' that it's almost funny.. no okay it actually is funny haaaaa
grrrr resist it Rey! rofl!!!

The numbering and chronology of all the comics is doing my head in. Which numskull decided how to order them?!
I'm finding it hard to actually find what I"m after when I'm willing to spend some money on it. Aie.
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 6:52 am

@DeeBee wrote:@AhsokaTano - check out that artwork. Gotta have the thigh gap going! Doesn't look realistic at all ugh. But.. more Padme? well hoorah! How can I complain about that??!!! what am I thinking?! I've pre-ordered the thrawn trilogy book!!

Just thought I'd mention that the 'Poe Dameron Annual 2' comic being released 29 August later this year (hmm just in time for the debut of the resistance tv show), includes a little more info about black squadron in the description that is new to me..
"CAN POE DAMERON OUTMANEUVER ONE OF THE GALAXY's GREATEST PILOTS?
Rebellions may be built on built on hope, but they need more than that to survive.
LEIA sends BLACK SQUADRON on a new mission, one that will raise important funds for THE RESISTANCE.
Can a group of pilots really do the work of smugglers and scoundrels?"
- I did not know the mission they had been sent on by Leia was to raise important funds for the resistance. I think this is new.. and this explains where they were during the events of TLJ - and is likely going to be revealed in Poe Dameron 29 comic that's being released next week. [In 28 we only learned that they needed to 'reach out' to allies- nothing about raising funds]
source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Poe_Dameron_Annual_2
The art work with the Poe Dameron Annual 2 is so beefcake/ 'the right stuff' that it's almost funny.. no okay it actually is funny haaaaa
grrrr resist it Rey! rofl!!!

The numbering and chronology of all the comics is doing my head in. Which numskull decided how to order them?!
I'm finding it hard to actually find what I"m after when I'm willing to spend some money on it. Aie.
@DeeBee

Hmmm. Now that we know the comic is ending soon and is the only post-TLJ content we have so far, it is interesting that quite a bit of important stuff (in terms of set up) seems to be happening in a relatively short amount of time. It seems like a short amount anyway, I think they're still on the falcon? It seems weird to me to have all this happening and then having IX picking up years and years later. I don't know, it seems to point to a shortish time jump but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

John Boyega's comment about how we'll recognise why he has a different hairstyle when the trailer comes out seems to point to the hairstyle change being a specific plot point? Not sure a time jump would be immediately clear from a trailer.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 7:24 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:
Hmmm. Now that we know the comic is ending soon and is the only post-TLJ content we have so far, it is interesting that quite a bit of important stuff (in terms of set up) seems to be happening in a relatively short amount of time. It seems like a short amount anyway, I think they're still on the falcon? It seems weird to me to have all this happening and then having IX picking up years and years later. I don't know, it seems to point to a shortish time jump but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I hope so- I can't even explain why I don't want too big of a time jump...it just doesn't feel right to me.  Nope

@Kylo Rey wrote:
John Boyega's comment about how we'll recognise why he has a different hairstyle when the trailer comes out seems to point to the hairstyle change being a specific plot point? Not sure a time jump would be immediately clear from a trailer.

Maybe because it has something to do with an undercover mission or something similar and they need to disguise in order to fit in with the natives living on that location / planet? I know everybody jumps to the conclusion it must be because of a huge time jump but I kind of doubt that? I do think there will be one- but not 5 to 10 years, and as you said...I don't think we will learn about the time jump in the trailer- it must have some other reason that's clear when we're given the premise.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Sharing a few new artwork finds.. and.. what SW canon are you currently experiencing? :)

Post by DeeBee on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 2:19 am

Hiya! Just thought I'd share a few images that are new to me.. and maybe to you too!
First image from TLJ comic adaptation issue 5 of 6:

I like the artwork.. better than other artwork in TLJ adaptation!

There's also this new artwork from TLJ comic adaptation issue 6 of 6:

Whoo hoo!!

There is also artwork out for Poe Dameron comics 29, 30 & 31 - which
seem to cover what the four black squadron members were up to during TLJ.
Here's the cover of the final issue, issue 31:

Lastly.. here is the artwork I was laughing my head off about - the cover of the Poe Dameron Annual 2 - looking completely beefcake/heroic/grrrrrrr!

[He still can't compete with Kylo/Ben IMHO] with the planet behind him this almost looks like some kind of medieval artwork and it's a halo or something!  Not sure what to make of the clenched fist.
Thoughts anyone?

Things are pretty quiet in SW universe from September onwards.. I wonder if we'll be getting more announcements soon..

I'm currently getting into the Aftermath book series. Half way through the first novel and loving it! I'll have to see if there's an Aftermath thread. So awesome!

I've also found on sale the graphic novel for the OT - for 10 bucks. ridiculous! It came for free in an ewok lunchbox rofl!

What's everyone else indulging in Star Wars wise at the moment?
Bye! sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 6:11 am

@DeeBee wrote:
Lastly.. here is the artwork I was laughing my head off about - the cover of the Poe Dameron Annual 2 - looking completely beefcake/heroic/grrrrrrr!

[He still can't compete with Kylo/Ben IMHO] with the planet behind him this almost looks like some kind of medieval artwork and it's a halo or something!  Not sure what to make of the clenched fist.
Thoughts anyone?

@DeeBee

This is too "Earth" for me, he's like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, the classical image of the American pilot. The sun behind also reminds me of the Apocalypse Now posters, reinforcing the connection with 20th c. American war imagery. Not enough fantasy elements.
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 15 Jul 2018, 9:55 pm

Poe comic 29 is released in a few days.. here’s a preview!
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/poe-dameron-29/
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Poe Dameron Comic issue #29

Post by DeeBee on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 4:51 am

Hello! Well Poe Dameron comic 29 is out.. I'll share my take on it.. but it's just my take and others may see it differently.
It was basically one big snooze fest! I don't think I've ever said this, ever, about a SW comic - Maybe hold off till the next one is released and read them together, then it may be experienced better. lol.

We still don't know if Black squadron are alive or dead or where they are. ha. I suspected they would drag that out till the final issue! lol. but I didn't expect the way the story unfolded to be so dull.

Anyway, a few random comments of a somewhat positive nature about this issue (haa!).
This isn't identified in the comic, but maybe it is there implicitly- we are seeing Poe grapple with the challenges of leading in a war - how you can't shield yourself from facts that might hurt...

I did enjoy Jess Pava's little dig at Poe being the best pilot in teh galaxy - 'just ask him!' rofl!!!! This joke almost makes this issue worth reading haaaa.
I'll share it so you don't have to bother reading the comic if you don't want to haa.

No Rey, jedi texts, Leia, Rose or Finn.

We have a new planet that's been added to canon: Pastoria
Here it is: [this is Jess Pava describing it into her flight log]

The plot is basically the squadron visiting this planet, seeking support and being played as suckers. Yep, more of the resistance looking like weak suckers.. I"m a little uninspired at this point. But.. maybe this is a turning point - and the Black squadron is going to have learned from their mistakes and will be successful in future. Aie!

Pastoria is in the outer rim.. so I guess this is a taste of the challenges ahead for the resistance if they are heading to the outer rim in the MF to regroup after TLJ!! sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 4:57 am

@DeeBee thank for sharing! Thumbs up

well, at least that new world looks interesting- although this "insect species" resembles the ones we saw in the prequels on Geonosis (forget what they were called).
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 6:32 am

@Night Huntress
Geonosians Cool
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 2:27 pm

With Star Wars adventures #12, and the attendance of the star crossed lovers play by Anakin and Padme (with the performers wearing costumes that resemble Kylo and Rey)....I am thinking that the marketing may be more obvious about Reylo (in addition to Bendemption), as well for IX. Perhaps the mystery will be...will Ben survive, and who is the antagonist in IX?

If I recall correctly, I saw it discussed here on the reyloskyforum.net, but I did not see it until I visited Clairen45's tumblr Very Happy

https://clairen45.tumblr.com/post/176082972603/omg-in-star-wars-adventures-12-where-anakin-and#notes
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 9:49 pm

[THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION]

So... I was reading the Han Solo comic that came out a few years ago (right after TFA, if memory serves) and my overall feeling is one of disappointment.

I mean, for a comic titled Han Solo, it tells us surprisingly little about him. I went in hoping to learn something new about Han and I just... didn't get that. If anything, Han is the least interesting character here.

The comic really emphasises that Han is a great pilot and that he's a rogue... but I kind of already know that, I don't need five issues of a comic to remind me.

Maybe I'm missing something.
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

New Canon announcements.. Search your feelings! :)

Post by DeeBee on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 11:12 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey  - wow that stage play is all kinds of foreshadowing.. at least, I hope for Reylo it turns out better than that. lol. thanks for sharing!

@Armadeus - I haven't gotten on to this comic yet, so thanks for the review Armadeus. I'll read it eventually but it won't be high up on the list to get to lol.

Guys thought I'd share this new article on starwars.com here:
SDCC 2018: QUEEN’S SHADOW REVEALED AND MORE FROM THE LUCASFILM PUBLISHING PANEL - link
The article summarises all the newly announced upcoming content.. with brief interviews with the authors etc.
These announcements are long overdue - it was looking very quiet beyond the end of this year.. so great to finally get a feel for where things are headed in the next year or two!
The news about new clone wars eps is very exciting!
Most interesting to me is the announcement of the new content that is pre- TPM!!! [comic: age of the republic, and book: master & apprentice]
I did see pre - TPM content in the Yoda comic I read recently and that seemed to be the earliest canon content I've come across so far, but I think it was right before TPM.. as we saw Qui-Gon and padawan Obi-wan briefly.

I think it's telling that there is next to nothing in these announcements that is around the time of the prime jedi.. ahem. I think we might be waiting for some reveal in IX before this whole era between the prime jedi and TPM is explored..
Exciting times ahead!

Also the 'search your feelings' book looks all kinds of adorable.
I'll share this image - from the same article..

Do you think that's Kylo/Ben who is 'angry'? this new Kylo/Ben content! tee hee.
It's fun to see which characters they chose for what emotions - I think that is Lando who is 'guilty'. Is that Finn who is 'distracted'?!
I love love love that Rey is 'determined'!
Looks like each emotion gets a page. They've shared Leia's 'hopeful' page:

I can't wait to see Rey's page, and Kylo/Ben's page!!!

And yes, of course - new Vader content.. not surprising this.. but ahem. still welcome!

Has anyone read the book 'A certain point of view'? I really want to read the chapter 'Whills' but I don't want to buy the book just for one chapter. rofl. This seems to be the only star wars canon that has been released which is beyond episode IX!

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 11:28 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added additional comments..twice!)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 12:35 am

I feel guilty about this - in my post about the comic image, and linking Clairen45's tumblr, I was not implying she took it. I only saw it first discussed here, but I had no idea where it was posted first - I just saw it on there, so I wanted to credit/reference, versus being vague.

She concedes that she should have credited sleemo - however...ugh...

I know we are touchy because of theft occurring from here to other sites, yet clairen45 - I believe - is innocent. (I admit my bias, she is one of my fave meta writers). I know the Anonymous Ask meant well (she accepts them, she is not hiding, unlike the other one), yet this really makes me...sad. I'll be honest.

https://clairen45.tumblr.com/post/176113670703/you-didnt-even-credited-that-comic-image-from
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 12:38 am

@DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey  - wow that stage play is all kinds of foreshadowing.. at least, I hope for Reylo it turns out better than that. lol. thanks for sharing!

@Armadeus - I haven't gotten on to this comic yet, so thanks for the review Armadeus. I'll read it eventually but it won't be high up on the list to get to lol.

SDCC 2018: QUEEN’S SHADOW REVEALED AND MORE FROM THE LUCASFILM PUBLISHING PANEL - link
The article summarises all the newly announced upcoming content.. with brief interviews with the authors etc.
These announcements are long overdue - it was looking very quiet beyond the end of this year.. so great to finally get a feel for where things are headed in the next year or two!
Most interesting to me is the announcement of the new content that is pre- TPM!!! [comic: age of the republic, and book: master & apprentice]
I did see pre - TPM content in the Yoda comic I read recently and that seemed to be the earliest canon content I've come across so far, but I think it was right before TPM.. as we saw Qui-Gon and padawan Obi-wan briefly.

I think it's telling that there is next to nothing in these announcements that is around the time of the prime jedi.. ahem. I think we might be waiting for some reveal in IX before this whole era between the prime jedi and TPM is explored..
Exciting times ahead!

Do you think that's Kylo/Ben who is 'angry'? this new Kylo/Ben content! tee hee.
It's fun to see which characters they chose for what emotions - I think that is Lando who is 'guilty'. Is that Finn who is 'distracted'?!

And yes, of course - new Vader content.. not surprising this.. but ahem. still welcome!

Has anyone read the book 'A certain point of view'? I really want to read the chapter 'Whills' but I don't want to buy the book just for one chapter. rofl. This seems to be the only star wars canon that has been released which is beyond episode IX!
@DeeBee

I thought about you when the comics were announced! Smile Curious if the Darth Maul one (more than one? I admit, that release has me confused, probably because I don't understand comics lol) - yet I wonder if Qi'ra will be in it (if more than one, them)
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 6:18 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@DeeBee
I thought about you when the comics were announced! Smile  Curious if the Darth Maul one (more than one? I admit, that release has me confused, probably because I don't understand comics lol) - yet I wonder if Qi'ra will be in it (if more than one, them)  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Awh! you thought of me?! How thoughtful! this is me right now:

I'm guessing this is Annie in TPM?!
I can see it now - these little emotion images are going to be great star wars reactions to posts haaaa!!! I might get a lot of use out of this one when trying to figure out what the crack spoilers for IX are on about:

I bet they'll pop up all over as avatars!

I get confused about the chronology and names of the comics [You are not alone!] I tend to need to look it up to put it into context- vids like this one are very helpful. For anyone wishing to dive into comics and not sure how the whole SW universe with comics fits together try this:

As he says you may want to try his volume 1 if you are wanting more detail about the older canon comics.. In this volume 2 he gives a brief recap of what he covered in volume 1 and spends more time on the new content not yet covered. Hope that helps..Bless this guy. He has saved my sanity many a time! 'Dave Lee from Down Under' is my hero! and he did an updated video in April 2018 so it's pretty current..
I am surprised at how much I am enjoying the comics. I've never been into comics! but.. they are really easy to pick up and put down to relax..

About Maul and Qi'ra- Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting Qi'ra in the newly announced Maul comic.. at least not this latest one announced, my understanding is that it is in the prequel era and therefore Qi'ra's time with Maul is later (I see Qi'ra with Maul more as OT era or between PT and OT era).
How many Maul comics were announced you ask? I think it's just the one Maul comic.. (in addition to the ones we already have).
here's what starwars.com says:
starwars.com wrote: New Marvel Comics!
Age of Republic – Written by Jody Houser...
... This epic Marvel Comics event starts in December with Age of Republic: Qui-Gon #1 and Age of Republic: Darth Maul #1.

Jody Houser on the Age of Republic series, which focuses on iconic heroes and villains of the prequel era: “It’s going to be four months, eight issues, and each month is going to have a hero story and a villain story.” Release order: Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul; Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett; Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku; and Padmé Amidala and General Grievous.  
So it looks like December 2018 we get Darth Maul #1 - but there is only the one issue that will be Darth Maul.
December 2018 is a Qui-Gon comic and a Maul comic
January 2019 is an Obi-wan comic and a Jango Fett comic
February 2019 is an Anakin comic and a Dooku comic
and March 2019 is a Padme comic and a Grievous comic.

Here's something that caught my eye in this same article that I didn't mention - some new Qi'ra related content...see bolded below..
starwars.com wrote: Solo: A Star Wars Story Comic Mini-series
Publisher: Marvel
Author: Robbie Thompson
Artist: Will Sliney, cover art by Phil Noto & Leonard Kirk
On-Sale: October 2018
Description: A new five-issue mini-series featuring backstory and scenes not shown in the film! After leaving the Imperial Navy, a young Han Solo seeks adventure by joining a gang of galactic mercenaries—including a 196-year-old Wookiee named Chewbacca and a notorious gambler named Lando Calrissian. But there’s more to the story of the galaxy’s most beloved scoundrel than what you saw in theaters. What happened when Han was an Imperial cadet? Why does Beckett trust him? And what is the connection between the woman who stole Han’s heart and one of Han’s closest friends?

Michael Siglain on why Marvel’s comic adaption is a must-read: “Read this one closely, because you don’t know where this one is going to head to and connect to in the future.”
The bolded caught my attention - who is han's closest friend? I mean this isn't how I'd describe Lando in the Solo movie era?
What's this all about?!

Also, the comment from the comic's author is interesting (and okay if I'm cynical I'd say it's marketing) but..  being connected to something in the future does sound kind of cool. Okay, I'll read it! I probably won't spend money on this one, but I'll read it online
(If I love it I'll buy it, I'm a sucker.). Me:

I'll share anything I find interesting in the Solo thread (and if anyone else reads it please share your thoughts too!!)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

@DeeBee wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@DeeBee
I thought about you when the comics were announced! Smile  Curious if the Darth Maul one (more than one? I admit, that release has me confused, probably because I don't understand comics lol) - yet I wonder if Qi'ra will be in it (if more than one, them)  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Awh! you thought of me?! How thoughtful! this is me right now:

I'm guessing this is Annie in TPM?!
I can see it now - these little emotion images are going to be great star wars reactions to posts haaaa!!! I might get a lot of use out of this one when trying to figure out what the crack spoilers for IX are on about:

I bet they'll pop up all over as avatars!

I get confused about the chronology and names of the comics [You are not alone!] I tend to need to look it up to put it into context- vids like this one are very helpful. For anyone wishing to dive into comics and not sure how the whole SW universe with comics fits together try this:

As he says you may want to try his volume 1 if you are wanting more detail about the older canon comics.. In this volume 2 he gives a brief recap of what he covered in volume 1 and spends more time on the new content not yet covered. Hope that helps..Bless this guy. He has saved my sanity many a time! 'Dave Lee from Down Under' is my hero! and he did an updated video in April 2018 so it's pretty current..
I am surprised at how much I am enjoying the comics. I've never been into comics! but.. they are really easy to pick up and put down to relax..

About Maul and Qi'ra- Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting Qi'ra in the newly announced Maul comic.. at least not this latest one announced, my understanding is that it is in the prequel era and therefore Qi'ra's time with Maul is later (I see Qi'ra with Maul more as OT era or between PT and OT era).
How many Maul comics were announced you ask? I think it's just the one Maul comic.. (in addition to the ones we already have).
here's what starwars.com says:
starwars.com wrote: New Marvel Comics!
Age of Republic – Written by Jody Houser...
... This epic Marvel Comics event starts in December with Age of Republic: Qui-Gon #1 and Age of Republic: Darth Maul #1.

Jody Houser on the Age of Republic series, which focuses on iconic heroes and villains of the prequel era: “It’s going to be four months, eight issues, and each month is going to have a hero story and a villain story.” Release order: Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul; Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett; Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku; and Padmé Amidala and General Grievous.  
So it looks like December 2018 we get Darth Maul #1 - but there is only the one issue that will be Darth Maul.
December 2018 is a Qui-Gon comic and a Maul comic
January 2019 is an Obi-wan comic and a Jango Fett comic
February 2019 is an Anakin comic and a Dooku comic
and March 2019 is a Padme comic and a Grievous comic.

Here's something that caught my eye in this same article that I didn't mention - some new Qi'ra related content...see bolded below..
starwars.com wrote: Solo: A Star Wars Story Comic Mini-series
Publisher: Marvel
Author: Robbie Thompson
Artist: Will Sliney, cover art by Phil Noto & Leonard Kirk
On-Sale: October 2018
Description: A new five-issue mini-series featuring backstory and scenes not shown in the film! After leaving the Imperial Navy, a young Han Solo seeks adventure by joining a gang of galactic mercenaries—including a 196-year-old Wookiee named Chewbacca and a notorious gambler named Lando Calrissian. But there’s more to the story of the galaxy’s most beloved scoundrel than what you saw in theaters. What happened when Han was an Imperial cadet? Why does Beckett trust him? And what is the connection between the woman who stole Han’s heart and one of Han’s closest friends?

Michael Siglain on why Marvel’s comic adaption is a must-read: “Read this one closely, because you don’t know where this one is going to head to and connect to in the future.”
The bolded caught my attention - who is han's closest friend? I mean this isn't how I'd describe Lando in the Solo movie era?
What's this all about?!

Also, the comment from the comic's author is interesting (and okay if I'm cynical I'd say it's marketing) but..  being connected to something in the future does sound kind of cool. Okay, I'll read it! I probably won't spend money on this one, but I'll read it online
(If I love it I'll buy it, I'm a sucker.). Me:

I'll share anything I find interesting in the Solo thread (and if anyone else reads it please share your thoughts too!!)
@DeeBee

Thank you! Very Happy Very Happy

I will not be surprised if Qi'ra is in Episode 9 (a recast is obvious, unless they age Emilia Clarke like they did the love interest for Captain America Winter Soldier - Agent Carter - I recall that was actually Hayley Atwell, and they used the technology that can cause people to be younger, but reversed it). I am not boldly hoping for it, yet it is a hope, and if it happens...squee! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 11:29 am

@DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey  - wow that stage play is all kinds of foreshadowing.. at least, I hope for Reylo it turns out better than that. lol. thanks for sharing!

Exciting times ahead!

@DeeBee

It's an all right comic. Not terrible, by any means, I just feel it could have done a bit more.

Regarding the emotion pictures... is it just me or does Finn look like he has a crush on Luke? Razz

Is 'Fluke' a ship?
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 8:27 pm

@Armadeus - I hear ya! it's all good - I like to hear people's opinions about the comics! What has been your favourite comic series to read so far?
Reading with low expectations is often a good way to go- that way I am pleasantly surprised.. but as nothing earth shattering seems to happen in the Han comics I'll be reading Vader comics and Jedi - centric comics first. lol.
I will be sure to read the Solo Movie comic adaptation though, I think that's going to be great!

I read the first canon lando series with very low expectations - and was blown away by it. so eerrr not wanting to get anyone's hopes up about this comic haaaaa just umm be encouraged to check it out sometime
Same for the Yoda series - I had heard it was boring. I loved it!
I do think I enjoyed it more because I was able to read it in one go.. had I needed to sustain interest in it over the duration of it's release the experience probably would have been different..
sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 10:42 pm

@DeeBee

Well... the Darth Vader issues have had the most bright spots for me, mostly because they come closer than other comics to exploring themes that interest me; themes like the nature of good and evil. The story of Yoda on that planet of the warring children was interesting to me for that reason.
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 10:57 pm

@Armadeus - Same here re the Yoda comic!
I've only read one Vader comic series so far...it was awesome!  Very Happy

edited to add: Recently this find was shared here on this forum recent-ish. I've been searching and I can't find the original post!  Sad So frustrating- sorry!
Someone (thank you!!!) shared a sleemo post about reylo related content in an upcoming Anakin and Padme comic
(source: https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/176076271202/anakin-and-padm%C3%A9-take-some-time-off-to-watch-a )
Where we see a stage scene playing out between a Sith and a Jedi...
I just wanted to say that this is a really awesome find! It's in Star Wars Adventures #12.

You can see the preview here in good quality: https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-wars-adventures-12/
here's one image (though there are loooooads more related to Rey and Kylo):

For the Anakin and Padme story - this stage play is foreshadowing their tragic ending, Anakin does choose to live in the shadows, and they end up separated by death.. So sad when we see them on the cover so happy together and living as a team  Crying or Very sad

Foreshadowing for IX too? A confrontation, Rey challenging Kylo to 'do it!' to kill her, and then we have... the death of Kylo Ren?
Only in IX, this is a victorious confrontation - because it results in the re-birth of Ben Solo??!!!
I think Star wars isn't even trying to be subtle about the love story between Rey and Kylo/Ben!!! The costuming screams Kylo Ren?!

I've never read any star wars adventures! I'll have to keep an eye out for them in future!

Edited to add more! (LOL)
Okay, I was browsing a preview of Star Wars Adventures Issue 3- and I've come across new Kylo Ren content. This is content that is prior to the force awakens..  I hadn't seen this before so thought I'd share it.
Given this series in for a younger audience, it's played for laughs! See full preview here: https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-wars-adventures-3/
A creature runs amok on the finalizer with Finn's stolen helmet..
And we cut to a meeting:

hilarious!! Looks like they are hamming up his evilness.. I can't wait to see what these types of publications do with his redemption!
He is seen again later on too but I'll stop here!
Ahhh happy thoughts
Oh and is 'western reaches of the inner rim'- referring to Jakku? Is this Kylo/Ben before he heads to Jakku?
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 12:55 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment again)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 6:00 am

There's a new starwars.com article about the thrawn novels comic adaptation.
This really makes me want to read the comics! I've just go to finish the second Aftermath book I'm currently reading, and then I think I'll dive into Thrawn comics.. then the thrawn new novel! So for now, I'll hold off diving into Thrawn content..but hope everyone is loving it!!

Anyway, just wanted to share a really interesting quote:
starwars.com wrote: The thing about Star Wars is that it ultimately comes down to the choices that we make. Obi-Wan choosing to train Anakin. Bail choosing to adopt Leia. Luke choosing to believe that there was still good in Vader. Both big and small, those decisions set the galaxy on its course. No one’s fate is set in stone thanks to one all-controlling power.
source: https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-thrawn-6

Sooo interesting, this quote is from an article written in the context of Thrawn's story - but we are directed back to the overall themes across star wars.. and I gotta say- applying this to Kylo/Ben and his story finishing up in IX is going to be flippin awesome!
Bye!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Adventures #12

Post by DeeBee on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 6:06 am

Choices choices choices! I'm starting to see this come up in lots of different star wars places these days!
The latest star wars adventures issue #12 has a lovely little story in it where a girl is abandoned by her family and outcast - treated as worthless..  (sound like anyone we know and love in the ST?!)
Anyway, she has an accident and is helped by none other than Mace Windu.

the story is told by the girl looking back on her childhood.. [err I'm not even going to try and explain the little purple cutie!]

So we get choices.. and we get origins all tied up in a neat little bow!
Whether you are a child of nobodies or not.. you have worth - and you don't need a certain supreme leader to give you that worth either!
What matters are the choices you make! Ohhh me thinks this is going to be in IX!

One last little share from this same issue - related back to that play Anakin and Padme were off to see - I noticed they walk down a hallway lined with theatrical posters of what shows the actress has been in [she's got a massive ego]. .. and I found another little shout out to what I think is Rey in TLJ theatrical poster, and Luke in the OT poster: [see the first one on the left?]

This story is very curious! I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on here!! sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 2:31 pm

Honestly when I see his sexy finger move, my mind goes to the gutter, esp when I see this XD

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum