General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 4:59 am

@AhsokaTano -thanks for sharing! Yeah with the reveal of Palpatine being in TROS I want to finally read both the major Vader comics. I've seen bits and pieces of them only! sure the galaxy is built on lies - Palpatine's lies mostly. lol.
I can't help but think the one true thing in the galaxy is true selfless love I love you

AhsokaTano you have an amazing imagination - you come up with so many things I never would have thought of!! Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 6:31 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@DeeBee
When I get my copies of these comics will share ideas Smile still haven’t had mine . Sometimes there are delays in the Uk and they are shipped out a bit later .
Ok so I’ve been off and had a dip into the Vader comics ( the story arc of Momin and the portal again ) and found this :General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 8ffd7c10

Which I think leads credence to the theory that the galaxy they are living in is some kind of illusion or reality has been changed because of Palpatine ( his 10,000 year plan of peace with the empire ruling that he and plagueis fashioned ) .Interesting . Will share anything else I find in Tarkin novel too as just started that ( that part about Plagueis and Palpatine ‘s plan is in there - makes me think of Nazi 1000 reich plan where they wanted to use the occult to make this happen and why they were so obsessed with it . A bit like Palpatine).
@Californiagirl
Am not surprised it’s done well it’s written by Claudia Gray and she wrote Lost stars and both the leia novels which were all great Smile so good news that it has . Hoping to read this soon as have heard there’s a lot of prophecy in this book that will be interesting to work out .
@AhsokaTano

Damn, I read Tarkin about 2.5 years ago. There was a lot of Emperor looking for the well of the dark side in there. Yet, another book I need to review, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 1:28 am

Regarding the Vader comic, that final scene to me practically shrieks Ben/Kylo never was, is not, and never will be, Darth Vader!

Seriously.....I'm a long term comic fan and stopped reading Marvel a while back (save for the SW adaptations) because some of their work was horribly misogynistic. I also took exception to their unpleasant exec. Who practically bragged he enjoys upsetting fans. I'll never forget them ruining the X Men because he personally was an Avengers fan, despite the two franchises co existing happily for years before he came along.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Empty Marvel SWCC tidbits...

Post by DeeBee on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 5:52 am

Yeahhhh the Dark Visions series is described as 'twisted adventures' taking '...readers to the darkest parts of the galaxy' on starwars.com HERE-it's content is 'dark' indeed... Anyone read the first or second issue? I find the second one is basically horror.. Vader commits mass murder of a room full of Imperial officers - witnessed by the guy he promotes to command. Fear of Vader leads that commanding imperial officer to make more and more insane decisions. He ends up destroying the star destroyer he commands to capture one little rebel ship - he escapes in an escape pod and the issue ends with Vader having tracked him down to finish him off for his failure. It's harrowing stuff! I don't see this series as targeting the general audience that's for sure. (like the weird tales from Vader's castle).

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Regarding the Vader comic, that final scene to me practically shrieks Ben/Kylo never was, is not, and never will be, Darth Vader!

Seriously.....I'm a long term comic fan and stopped reading Marvel a while back (save for the SW adaptations) because some of their work was horribly misogynistic. I also took exception to their unpleasant exec. Who practically bragged he enjoys upsetting fans. I'll never forget them ruining the X Men because he personally was an Avengers fan, despite the two franchises co existing happily for years before he came along.
@motherofpearl1
- About the bolded- Exactly!! Exactly!!  Laughing

Moving on.. so much good stuff coming out and so little time!
Thought I'd mention something I came across from the Marvel panel at SWCC 2019, as I don't think it's been mentioned (apologies if I'm mistaken).
THIS article is the source of these new Sequel Trilogy related morsels.. I'll share a few highlights!
We saw what I think is a first glimpse inside the interior of two Age of Resistance comics (Finn's and Phasma's). Finn's:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Interi10
starwars.com wrote: We’ll finally see Janitor Finn. Several Age of Resistance books (the series will cover four heroes and four villains) were revealed, including Finn #1, which is set during the Resistance hero’s earlier days in the First Order on Starkiller Base. “I don’t think we’ve seen too many tales outside of the films or outside of the comic adaptations starring Finn,” said Tom Groneman, assistant editor. “You’re going to see the germination of the idea of finding his morality within the ranks of the stormtroopers of the First Order. A glimmer of the hero he might end up being.” The reveal received a round of applause — especially for Martin’s spoiler that we will see Finn performing his janitorial duties.  
You can follow the link if you want to see Phasma's..

starwars.com wrote: Is there a story to tell from Rey’s journey to Ahch-To? Rey #1 from Age of Resistance was announced, and Groneman teased the tale inside. “Maybe there was a pit stop for Rey and Chewbacca on the way to seeing Luke after The Force Awakens…”
- this is very interesting huh!!! Where did they stop off at on the way to Ach-to?!

Last bit I'll share: these two covers..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Covers10
That there is a massive Kylo Ren helmet behind Hux is very interesting no?!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 12:34 pm

What if.....
Hux pretends to be Kylo?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 2:18 pm

@DeeBee
Am with you on that- true selfless love is the one true thing in the galaxy Smile . I still haven’t got my issue though of dark visions # 3 (got an email to say it was despatched ) hopefully i’ll get it in the next few days .
You mentioned the lady in the dark visions comic is a nurse ???Thats pretty significant if she is . A nurse , a healer and Vader runs her through . Skywalker who needed healing refused the help of a healer .
I would say that’s pretty significant foreshadowing that this current skywalker ie Ben will accept the help of Rey’s healing powers to heal him mind, body and soul . Rey even says in the elevator in TLJ “ let me help you “. He won’t be like Anakin and run her through. He’ll accept her help and healing power as reverse Anakin.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 12:45 am

I always saw Vader as a hollow man after his wife's death. He only began to start feeling emotions again when he discovered he had a son.
Kylo is a walking sack of feelings, mostly hurt and a desperate need for love disguised as rage. He tells Rey she is so in need of parents she latches onto anyone as a father or mother figure. Yet he is so in need of love and understanding he fixates on a young woman who by rights is his enemy.
The look on his face at the end of TLJ is heartbreaking. He feels as if he's lost her to the Resistance. But the wistful look Rey has on her face watching the closeness between Rose and Finn shows she still hasn't found her belonging yet.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Empty flight of the falcon + Pirate's Price + SW Adventures 24

Post by DeeBee on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:30 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hiya trying to post on phone so might not work. Was just looking up release dates & the conclusion of the flight of the falcon series is released 1 may- in a one shot. Looks like we see Hondo piloting the MF - a Porg is there too...
most interesting (to me)  is who is co-piloting? Is that Vi Moradi?.
@DeeBee

I got my answer in the preview now out... it’s not Vi, it’s someone named Mahjo...

edited to add: Has anyone read Pirate's Price? The young adult novel that feeds into this flight of the falcon series?
I can't buy an ebook (I'm in Australia) and so far I'm not motivated enough to buy the actual book.
I just read that the book has 3 short stories - the last one is Hondo post the Last Jedi- so wondering if anyone can share with us what is in this story?

Also, thought I'd mention... I came across this for the first time today..
There's a new star wars adventures comic trilogy headed our way - that relates to the sequel trilogy. No info about issue 2 and 3 yet.. but here's what we know about issue 1:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 STL122213?type=1

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Troy Little (CA) Megan Levens
With hotshot Rebellion pilot Poe Dameron captured by pirates, it's up to BB-8-and Rapier Squadron-to save the day! The first of three issues spotlighting the Sequel Trilogy! Variant cover by Stefano Simeones
In Shops: Jul 10, 2019"
Seems Rapier Squadron were Poe's squadron before he joined the resistance - so this is likely around when he joined the resistance or soon before.. just a guess!
Interesting that Poe is described as a 'rebellion' pilot. Not resistance and not new republic.. very curious.. hmmm..
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Wed 01 May 2019, 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 01 May 2019, 8:24 am

Is there any Star Wars Adventures issue featuring Ben Solo so far? Probably not. I think there are 10 out but I have a hard time finding information about them all.

Also, they had a poster at SWCC for Galaxy of Adventures which was a one-to-one cartoon version of the SWCC poster and it’s always interesting to see a cartoon version of him. I am hoping they will start one day to include Ben Solo (unmasked) in their cartoons because he’s the only one missing in all the stuff they throw at kids except for the retelling of the 2 movies in different formats. TRoS cannot come soon enough so the whole secrecy around the character is finally over.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 01 May 2019, 1:33 pm

@SanghaRen
The only one that has featured Ben is as Kylo ( so
He’s masked ) it’s a finn one when he was part of first order and features a funny scene where kylo is waiting outside Phasma’s quarters whilst she’s having a shower ( see page 11 of this thread for preview of comic ). It was one of the first Star Wars adventures . They’ve definitely got something planned because someone in the letters section mentioned whether there would be something kylo /Ben related and they said they were saving him for something special .
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Cbcd2110
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 02 May 2019, 3:44 am

@SanghaRen wrote:Is there any Star Wars Adventures issue featuring Ben Solo so far? Probably not. I think there are 10 out but I have a hard time finding information about them all.

Also, they had a poster at SWCC for Galaxy of Adventures which was a one-to-one cartoon version of the SWCC poster and it’s always interesting to see a cartoon version of him. I am hoping they will start one day to include Ben Solo (unmasked) in their cartoons because he’s the only one missing in all the stuff they throw at kids except for the retelling of the 2 movies in different formats. TRoS cannot come soon enough so the whole secrecy around the character is finally over.
@SanghaRen
@AhsokaTano wrote:@SanghaRen
The only one that has featured Ben is as Kylo ( so
He’s masked ) it’s a finn one when he was part of first order and features a funny scene where kylo is waiting outside Phasma’s quarters whilst she’s having a shower  ( see page 11 of this thread for preview of comic  ). It was one of  the first Star Wars adventures . They’ve definitely got something planned because someone in the letters section mentioned whether there would be something kylo /Ben related and they said they were saving him for something special .
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Cbcd2110
@AhsokaTano

Hi Sangha Ren and AhsokaTano!
I agree with AhsokaTano - only the one star wars adventures issue showed cartoon Kylo - I shared the panels with Kylo in this thread, somewhere!

There is one time in the comics where we have seen Ben Solo that I can think of but we can't really see his face lol:
Poe Dameron Annual #2:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Baby_b10
Leia holding Ben is shown as we see Han remembering a few major moments from his past..

Yeah there are the comic adaptations..
There is also cartoon Ben Solo in the TLJ graphic novel.
we see him in the three different versions of what happened the night of the jedi academy massacre.
I'll share the third (Luke's revised description) as this gives the best look at Cartoon Ben:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Luke_s10

Anyone else know of any? Was there any Forces of Destiny? I haven't seen them all so I can't say..

good catch AhsokaTano finding those comments from LF! that reminds me.. the destroyer down series mentioned about Rey? is really good.. and I keep thinking I need to get back here to discuss it or over to the Rey thread but I keep getting side tracked. We actually see Rey hear about Luke Skywalker in it. a very cool moment.. and I felt it shed helpful light on Rey as a character..

The one shot flight of the falcon star wars adventure issue was released in the last 24 hrs, I haven't had a chance to read it properly, but flicked through and there are lots of cute porgs. which I'm really happy about. More porg hoarding items on the MF. seriously cute and adorable. Hopefully I can get back here and share some..
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 03 May 2019, 9:34 pm

Hi Everyone! May the 4th be with you!
Anyone seen the special starwars.com activity book you can download? HERE
We all react differently to different content... so maybe it is just me who reacts this way...
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Vader_10
But this page of Vader with Luke and Leia portrayed as children makes me want to grind my teeth!
For me this is off! But... you can decide for yourself.

On a more positive note - I've relented and ordered the book Pirate's price! I'll share the contents when I get it if you guys are interested?
I'm curious to read the third story in it which is post TLJ - and tells the story of how Hondo and his side kick Mahjo fool Bazine Netal into handing over the Millennium Falcon to them. The latest Star wars adventures issue got me curious.

The issue Fight of the Falcon Star Wars Adventures One-shot was a lot of fun by the way!
Star Wars Adventures- Flight of Falcon One Shot Spoilers:
Looks like Chewie left the MF in the care of Hondo and Mahjo in Batuu.
Hondo owes money to the Guavian Death Gang and we see the 'ask Kanjiklub guy' lol. He bets Hondo he can beat the MF in a race and Hondo agrees to the wager.
Some cute content here where we find Hondo is a big softie when it comes to Porgs! rofl.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 1a-sle10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 2-porg10
Love how this references the Porg collecting and hoarding little objects - just like the previous Porg/Rey/Chewie star wars adventures issue. too cute!

They go to start the race, and it's a double cross - I won't spoil too much.. but to get out of it Mahjo saves the day by bluffing her way out of it (just like Han Solo would have tried to ha). Mahjo is a pretty tough and smart cookie - nice to see a smart woman character save the day!
Hondo and Mahjo return to Batuu to find cranky Chewie waiting for them and wondering where they had taken the MF. Of course he doesn't get a straight answer. Instead, the issue ends with Hondo proposing that they use the MF to make an honest living, cutting Chewie in on the profits while he is away doing I don't know what).. so it looks like the MF gets used in smuggling again by Hondo and Mahjo while Chewie lets them use the MF. No explanation for why Chewie does this, or why he is not around.. but there might be something on this in pirate's price. we'll see.
I'm curious about this - as it might play into events in TROS. We'll see..
I guess the premise of the galaxy's edge ride is that Hondo has the MF on Batuu and this all ties into that?

I found it interesting that as the three walked around Batuu - the porg was following them around outside.. seems to me that Porgs may have gotten lose on Batuu.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 6_batu10
I can see it now - a saga in the future stops by Batuu and we meet porgs - and hear a story of how generations ago a very fast ship (that made the kessel run in 12 parsecs) arrived and along with it - Porgs were introduced into the Batuu eco system. They say they are strong in the force and were the pets of Jedi! tee hee..

One last interesting moment.. the escape pods on the MF get a mention - which references Rey's trip to the supremacy in TLJ..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 3-esca10

Anyway, star wars adventures is for children - [and lol I'm an adult] but I enjoy the light hearted playful nature of the comic.. it's just a lot of fun  - and I enjoy how it all ties in. I probably wouldn't spend money on it but as I get to read it anyway I really enjoy them!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sun 05 May 2019, 7:04 am

A glimpse of Kylo and Rey and their snowfight can be seen in this ad for Star Wars adventures:

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Empty Schedule for Star Wars Canon leading up to TROS...

Post by DeeBee on Sun 05 May 2019, 9:12 pm

Hi Everyone, with the Journey to The Rise of Skywalker announcements yesterday I've tried to organise my thoughts about when and what is being released prior to 20 December 2019.
I've done up a list.. thought I'd share - and if anyone can add to it, correct it or update it - please do!  sunny

May
1-Age of Rebellion Comic– Han Solo
?- Age of Rebellion Comic– Jabba the Hutt
8- Age of Rebellion Comic– Boba Fett
8- Star Wars Adventures Comic 21
15- Star Wars Comic 66
22- Galaxy’s Edge Comic 2 of 5
29-Star Wars Adventures Comic 22
29- Star Wars Adventures Comic Annual 2019

June
? Age of Rebellion Comic – Darth Vader
? Age of Rebellion Comic – Luke Skywalker
11 Alphabet Squadron Book
19- Star Wars Comic 67
23 - Thrawn Treason Book
26- Star Wars Adventures Comic 23 (chewie/lando)
26- Galaxy’s Edge Comic 3 of 5

July
3 - Age of Resistance Finn
10 – Age of Resistance Phasma
10- Star Wars Adventures Comic 24
10- Star Wars Comic 68
24- Star Wars Comic 69
31- Age of Resistance Special 1
31- Galaxy’s Edge Comic 4 of 5
? 1 x Age of Resistance comics – TBA. [Either: Poe Issue, Hux Issue, Rose Issue, Supreme Leader Snoke Issue- TBA]

August
? 2 or 3 x Age of Resistance comics – TBA. [Either: Poe Issue, Hux Issue, Rose Issue, Supreme Leader Snoke Issue- TBA]
? Galaxy’s Edge Comic 5 of 5
6- A Crash of Fate book
6- Age of the Rebellion Comic - Heroes [trade paperback collection of Leia, Han, Lando & Luke issues]
27- Black Spire novel
27- Age of the Rebellion Comic - Villans [trade paperback collection of Tarkin, special, Boba, Jabba and Vader issues]

Fall 2019
?Star Wars Resistance Season 2- date TBC

September
? Age of Resistance comic: Rey -SWCC announced Rey's issue is September.
? Age of Resistance Comic TBC- (likely Kylo Ren) - may be early October dates aren't released

October
? 2x Age of Resistance comics – TBA. [Either: Poe Issue, Hux Issue, Rose Issue, Supreme Leader Snoke Issue, Rey Issue or Kylo Ren Issue- TBA]
? Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Star Wars Adventures Comic Issue 27
4- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Choose Your Destiny: A Finn & Poe Adventure
4- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Spark of the Resistance Book
9- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance Comic Issue 1
16- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance  Comic Issue 2
23- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance Comic Issue 3
30- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance Issue 4

November
? Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Star Wars Adventures Comic Issue 28
12- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Resistance Reborn Book
12- Premiere of The Mandalorian Tv Series – 8 episodes dates TBA.
19- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Force Collector Book
26 – Age of Resistance Heroes Comic Issue [Trade paperback collection of previous issues: Finn, Poe, Rey, Special, Rose]
? ‘End of 2019’ – The clone Wars – Season 7 after 12 November

December
? Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Star Wars Adventures Issue 29
3 – Age of Resistance Villians Comic Issue [Trade paperback collection of previous issues: Phasma, Hux, Snoke, Kylo
20- The Rise of Skywalker Movie

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 05 May 2019, 9:30 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to update Rey issue date of release (revealed at Marvel panel SWCC 2019))
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 06 May 2019, 2:23 am

Hope you forgive the double post- but my previous post is better to leave as is - so people can update the time line of canon releases easily..

I just wanted to share that I've had lots of public holidays lately and have been relishing having some extra star wars time!
Today I read 'The Perfect Weapon' by Deliah Dawson.
It's a quick read.. and she's a real piece of work! But.. I can see why she is the way she is. (though I don't buy the whole lipstick that puts people to sleep thing - all she would have to do is lick her lips and she'd be out like a light. Hmm maybe I missed the bit where she said she had built an immunity to it ha.
Book Cover:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Cover11
Anyway- I thought she was on the hunt for a perfect weapon. Turned out - she was the 'perfect weapon'.
But being star wars they've got to tempt us that this is a job of some significance!
Turns out the job was to get hold of a 'metal box' or 'a steel case' possessed by imperial stormtrooper 'TK1472'.
While trying to track this guy down, Bazine Netal runs into a former soldier who had been under his command.
Apparently TK1472 was a captain, and had been present during the battle of Endor..
Without going too deep into the plot. she finds TK1472 dead and his steel case..
We don't find out what is in the metal box..and Bazine chooses not to look.. Maybe it is Vader's helmet? And this is how Kylo Ren gets it?
Oh SW loves to tease us with these little morsels!
sunny"
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 06 May 2019, 4:26 am

@DeeBee
You are a star for compiling this list. I love you . It’s great ! Smile Thank you so much. I like to read as much of the canon material as I can get my hands on so it’s fab to have this Smile
Also that’s interesting about the perfect weapon novella/short story because I did think of a person too when i saw this description for one of the new books :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 768a7d10

Weapon doesn’t always mean an artifact or sword/club/gun/grenade etc .My mind always goes to Ben because I always think of Han telling him that Snoke was using him for his power but of course it could be another force sensitive or traditional weapon.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 07 May 2019, 4:55 am

@AhsokaTano - thanks! I wasn't sure anyone else would want it so I'm glad I shared!

yeah spark of the resistance is coming out in October so we will at least get some time to read and absorb that one.
It's going to be busy trying to keep up with it all. Motivates me to get through all my stored up audiobooks I've been slowly working through!
I'm almost done with the Phasma Novel. then.. tricky decision.. do I go with Tarkin or Master & Apprentice- gah! lol poor me I'm so spoiled for choice! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 18 May 2019, 6:57 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Ok everyone am gonna post this here because I think this definitely means Reylo is happening - : this is the new book crash of fate by Zoraida Cordova publishers summary :- this could be kylo and Rey instead of Izzy and Jules :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 0700b610
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 78c2de10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 315c8610
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscanon/comments/bq3xpe/full_publishers_summary_for_a_crash_of_fate_young/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Don’t be put off by the they knew each other as kids - it’s because this series ( as well as marvel ) is going to redefine ( I believe ) what it means to be a soulmate and the journey of the soul . I’ve posted some observations last 3 days in predictions thread . Some are ramblings , some earth shaking shocking revelations and just things I’ve found . It might not be where they are headed and just guessing but when I saw this summary I smiled because well you’ll see . Be prepared to cry lots though . It’s gonna be beautiful but painful and bittersweet.
@AhsokaTano
-thanks for sharing this over on TROS spoilers thread AhsokaTano! Hope it's okay if I bring this over to this thread.

looks like again we are getting a soulmates on different sides of the war kinda vibe - Lost Stars.. Reylo.. Han and Qi'ra.. Voss and Ventress.. and I guess this could also include Anakin and Padme.. It's potent stuff.. Shakespeare knew what he was doing Smile

I found this book synopsis reminded me of Han and Qi'ra. Sounds like Jules is quite innocent and Izzy has done things she is not proud of. Like Han and Qi'ra... Han and Qi'ra ended up not being able to be together, whereas in this novel it sounds like they are going to come together and give it a go.. but.. whether or not they will in the end think this was a good decision is yet to be known. It might be along the lines of - what if Qi'ra hadn't let Han go at the end of Solo?

This all got me thinking.. why was I thinking this is different to Reylo? I guess with Reylo because they've seen into each other's minds - I'm thinking Rey already has been confronted with all the evil things Kylo/Ben has done - I don't get the vibe that Kylo/Ben is hiding things he has done. [of course I may find in TROS this isn't the case]... Also, Rey has not lived an idyllic life and has had her own kinds of struggles to deal with, so she does not view the world with rose coloured glasses- though, she seems to maintain an optimism so maybe she's an optimistic realist? lol.
thoughts anyone?

While I'm here I may as well mention that the Age of Rebellion comic series is continuing and in the last week we had the Lando issue be released. This is especially interesting as Lando will be in TROS. But.. I have no idea if the story will be relevant.. Is there a Lando in TROS thread? If not I might start one.

Also a shout out to the Tarkin issue - he is not a character I've spent a lot of time with but it was really interesting to find out that..
Tarkin Age of Rebellion spoiler:
He ended up getting all the empire death star gunners together and sending them out an airlock to their deaths after they blasted Alderaan to bits - because they had not been cold enough when they did it. Brutal!

sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Empty Galaxy's edge issue 2 comic - Kylo Ren alert! Relic alert!

Post by DeeBee on Thu 23 May 2019, 4:46 am

Hi all, The Galaxy's edge comic issue 2 was released 22 may.. Relic Alert! Kylo Ren Alert! tee hee..
I gave a brief outline of issue 1 HERE if you are interested..

This comic seems to have a 'now' plot - where the first order are now in Batuu searching for the resistance, there's a 'trio of outlaws' and Dok Ondar has his den of antiquities shop.
Then each issue there is a flashback story recounted by Dok Ondar- so last issue was Han and Chewie, this issue we had Greedo - and the story of how Dok Ondar ended up getting his hands on Ki-Adi-Mundi's light saber. 'the one with the pointy head' - lol. This is how a storm trooper describes him in the comic - I love that Star Wars doesn't take itself too seriously!!!

details about this issue.. :
The 'now' plot hunting for a relic is super interesting to me, may be relevant to TROS so thought I'd share the related content.
issue 1 - the trio of outlaws plants a video bug in Dok Ondar's den - so in issue 2 we find the First order visits the Den to push around Dok Ondar a bit and basically be pests.. threatening him that all his antiquities could be outlawed and warn him off helping any resistance.
via the video bug the outlaws watch...
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Half_r10
Sooo issue 1 we learned the outlaws are after a mystery 'weapon' and now.. we find it is a half of a relic. whoooo
But wait! we find out more!!!
As the first order leave.. there is this curious exchange about the power contained in the lightsaber.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 219
Soooo.. once the first order have left.. we get back to the mysterious relic which is a weapon..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Kylo_r10
I literally squealed when there was a surprise Kylo Ren reference in this issue..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Relic_10
This is looking very cool Very Happy Cool Laughing

So the object is described as:
a half a relic
a weapon
too much power in the wrong hands
a Sith relic

I eat this stuff up. lol
If the relic is in two halves, and one half is a Sith relic - the other half may be a Jedi relic no? And together they may make something extremely powerful.. what kind of weapon is it?!  hmm maybe it will be like RAW power?! and put together they create something unique. Hmm what relationship does that sound like hmm? ahem. sounds promising!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 29 May 2019, 4:26 am

hiya! I'm updating the list as there's new information about two age of resistance issues- the General Hux issue and the Poe issue.
General Hux issue synopsis:
"MAROONED! GENERAL HUX and KYLO REN crash-land on a far-off planet. With no hope of rescue, the two are forced to work together to survive. But can they survive each other?"

Poe Dameron issue synopsis:
"FIGHT AND FLIGHT! POE DAMERON is the greatest pilot in THE RESISTANCE. But before the Resistance, he commanded another crew. He flew for the NEW REPUBLIC. But was Poe flying for the right cause?"
-hmm maybe Poe will be less than shiny?!

if anyone can add to it, correct it or update it - please do!  sunny
updated list of upcoming content - spoilered for brevity:
May
29-Star Wars Adventures Comic 22

June
? Age of Rebellion Comic – Darth Vader
? Age of Rebellion Comic – Luke Skywalker
11 Alphabet Squadron Book
19- Star Wars Comic 67
23 - Thrawn Treason Book
26- Star Wars Adventures Comic 23 (chewie/lando)
26- Galaxy’s Edge Comic 3 of 5

June/July
?- Star Wars Adventures Comic Annual 2019

July
3 - Age of Resistance Finn
10 – Age of Resistance Phasma
10- Star Wars Adventures Comic 24
10- Star Wars Comic 68
24- Star Wars Comic 69
31- Age of Resistance Special 1
31- Galaxy’s Edge Comic 4 of 5

July/ August
2 x Age of Resistance comics – TBC. [Either: Rose Issue, Supreme Leader Snoke Issue]

August
? Galaxy’s Edge Comic 5 of 5
6- A Crash of Fate book
6- Age of the Rebellion Comic - Heroes [trade paperback collection of Leia, Han, Lando & Luke issues]
14 - Age of Resistance Comic -Poe Dameron
27- Black Spire novel
27- Age of the Rebellion Comic - Villans [trade paperback collection of Tarkin, special, Boba, Jabba and Vader issues]
28 - Age of Resistance Comic: Hux

Fall 2019
?Star Wars Resistance Season 2- date TBC

September
? Age of Resistance comic: Rey -SWCC announced Rey's issue is September.

September/October
? Age of Resistance Comic TBC- (likely Kylo Ren) - may be early October dates aren't released

October
? Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Star Wars Adventures Comic Issue 27
4- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Choose Your Destiny: A Finn & Poe Adventure
4- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Spark of the Resistance Book
9- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance Comic Issue 1
16- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance  Comic Issue 2
23- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance Comic Issue 3
30- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Allegiance Issue 4

November
? Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Star Wars Adventures Comic Issue 28
12- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Resistance Reborn Book
12- Premiere of The Mandalorian Tv Series – 8 episodes dates TBA.
19- Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Force Collector Book
26 – Age of Resistance Heroes Comic Issue [Trade paperback collection of previous issues: Finn, Poe, Rey, Special, Rose]
? ‘End of 2019’ – The clone Wars – Season 7 after 12 November

December
? Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Star Wars Adventures Issue 29
3 – Age of Resistance Villians Comic Issue [Trade paperback collection of previous issues: Phasma, Hux, Snoke, Kylo
20- The Rise of Skywalker Movie
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 30 May 2019, 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated date)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 30 May 2019, 2:40 am

IDK who watched the Galaxy's Edge opening events on YouTube but skip ahead to the dedication comments and spot the Reylo joke (Mark shouldn't that be a joke about finding a long lost sibling-cousin through online genealogy and DNA testing?)

Also have to say that BDW's intro, Lando is up there with Leia, Kylo, and Rey with having the best character themes.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 31 May 2019, 2:27 am

So this little cute book is out in August and have preordered for work ( I work in a public library and the Jedi academy books also fly off the shelves because they are so popular - this looks to be in same style and it’s one of the authors of the Jedi academy books ). . So have preordered this but what’s interesting is who they’ve paired together in the desription - could mean nothing of course :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 052aa410
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 7ba53a10

It’s going to be cute and funny Smile .The Jedi academy books and the Darth Vader ones are really cute and funny .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 31 May 2019, 3:40 am

@AhsokaTano

I can offer a couple of pics from SWCC where they showed 2-3 pages of the book. It is cute.

Spoiler:

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 C859c310
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 17 Ce97a010
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 31 May 2019, 3:49 am

@SanghaRen
It looks soooo cute ! Thanks for posting this .I love youI love youI love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:37 am

@SanghaRen - go away! but we brought doughnuts?!
Adorable!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum