General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 2:11 am

lots of new content coming our way related to the ST makes the next 201 days seem like they will fly by!
A few comics have updated info.. so thought I'd share.
@DeeBee wrote: ...
starwars.com wrote: Is there a story to tell from Rey’s journey to Ahch-To? Rey #1 from Age of Resistance was announced, and Groneman teased the tale inside. “Maybe there was a pit stop for Rey and Chewbacca on the way to seeing Luke after The Force Awakens…”
- this is very interesting huh!!! Where did they stop off at on the way to Ach-to?! ...
sunny

I found a little more information about Rey and Chewie's stop before Ach-to - it's in the description of the Age of Resistance - Heroes trade paperback (TPB) Here found this on Amazon:
"This is the Age of Star Wars - an epic series of adventures that unite your favorite characters from all three trilogies! Explore untold tales of the greatest heroes of the Resistance.
Finn starts to question the First Order as he is put on infestation control on Starkiller Base.
Poe Dameron fancies himself the best pilot there is, but after a New Republic protocol droid is stolen he may just meet his better! Trapped in an asteroid field, Poe will have to learn a thing or two from this mysterious pilot if he wants to survive.
Rey, Chewie and R2-D2 start their journey to find Luke Skywalker, but mechanical issues force them to land on the junkyard planet the Necropolis. Plus: Rose Tico, Admiral Holdo, Maz Kanata and BB-8!"

soooo Necropolis - sounds kind of creepy! ...and new to canon..

Poe's being challenged for best pilot award sounds fun. I'd like to see that ha! I wonder if the mysterious competition will be a new character in TROS..
[this comic will be released 26 November 2019]

@DeeBee wrote:...We have new details on upcoming Kylo Ren content.. so thought most members here would be pretty interested! Here goes:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Hux_is11

There's a slightly different blurb for this issue in the Amazon description of the Villans TPB:
"This is the Age of Star Wars - an epic series of adventures that unites your favorite characters from all three trilogies! Now it's the First Order's turn to take center stage. As Captain Phasma leads an attack on the iron planet Demir, a young Stormtrooper looks to follow in Phasma's footsteps. But will she have the heart to follow the merciless ways of the First Order captain? General Hux has always been looked down upon, but when a sabotaged shuttle crash-lands on an unknown planet it will be up to Hux to save Kylo Ren! Plus: Tales of Kylo Ren and Supreme Leader Snoke!"
no details on the Kylo Ren or Snoke issue (I'm stalking for these descriptions to be released!!) but..
Hux saves Kylo Ren huh... again!!!!! oh rofl!

Lastly - Star Wars Adventures issues 24, 25 and 26 are related to the sequel trilogy.
On issue 24 I previously shared this:
@DeeBee wrote:...
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 STL122213?type=1
"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Troy Little (CA) Megan Levens
With hotshot Rebellion pilot Poe Dameron captured by pirates, it's up to BB-8-and Rapier Squadron-to save the day! The first of three issues spotlighting the Sequel Trilogy!

New info released on Issue 25:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Star_w10
young Holdo and Leia.. well sort of related to the ST but not really?!
Delilah Dawson has been busy!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1200
Likes : 3500
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 3:14 am

So much great info @DeeBee thank you so much ! Omg where do I start ?!Ok the Hux and kylo “age of series “comic - ha ha ! Maybe there will be a twist to this and at the end of the day kylo has to rely on his own wits , orienteering skills ( like his mother had to in Princess Leia novel by Claudia Gray ) and the force to survive and save him. Maybe the line it will be up to Hux to save kylo is a twist that he doesn’t or if he does it’s accidental or against his own will. I look forward to that and the extra tales of kylo Ren and snoke .

So Poe will be challenged for leadership of best pilot ? And the comic is being released in November ? Am really hoping it’s Ben to be honest that challenges him . It probably won’t be and it will probably be a new character but one can dream right ?

Regarding the Age of series Rey comic . That sounds so creepy - necropolis literally means city of the dead , a giant graveyard. I wonder what rey will find there ? Maybe they’ll put Rey’s parentage to rest once and for all finally ? Here’s hoping .

Can’t wait for all of these ! Smile I love youI love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 04 Jun 2019, 3:40 pm

So have listened to a bit more of the Dooku Jedi Lost audiobook/play by Cavan Scott today ( posted some thoughts about it in spoilers yesterday for Rise of Skywalker) and couple more things ..
Firstly there’s talk when Dooku is a youngling ( he’s a teenager at the Jedi temple ) that the dark side beast has been unleashed and that’s the roar he heard in the bogan side of the library ( think forbidden section of library in Harry Potter ) . Some of the Jedi want to actively fight the Sith by hunting down relics in the galaxy that potential Sith might get their hands on but yoda thinks they shouldn’t and should just go along with the will of the force and trust in the force . Different philosophies already in the temple .
The other scene that may potentially have impact in Rise of Skywalker is the Jedi make Sifo Dyas and Dooku ( both friends ) face off against each other in a duel . The set up of this reminds me of the triwizard cup tournament when the names were chosen in Harry Potter but as Asaaj thinks (when Dooku is recounting this time in his life year’s later to her ) it’s wrong for the Jedi to have done that and set up friend against friend.
What happens in the duel is Very interesting. Dooku is the stronger of the two and at one point Syfo twists his ankle , falls and his lightsaber falls away . Dooku instead of claiming victory then throws syfo’s Lightsaber back to him and says “ let’s finish this together “ and he gets up and both win the duel.
Maybe we might get something similar in TROS?
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Age of Rebellion - Luke Skywalker: Luke and the Emperor/ temptation by the dark side

Post by DeeBee on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 6:03 am

@AhsokaTano
- I agree Necropolis sounds super creepy!
- thanks for sharing this AhsokaTano! I've been tossing up which audiobook to start on next now I've finished Phasma. I've heard snippets of this audio drama and I like that it is not too long. so I'm going to go with listening to this next!

Just thought I'd mention - the 'Destroyer down' trade paperback has just been released -   It's great for fans of Rey and includes a cool moment where we see Rey hear about Luke Skywalker!
...but today I only have time to share a bit about the new Luke issue in the Age of Rebellion series!
I mentioned it in the IX spoilers thread Here
@DeeBee wrote:... the latest age of rebellion comic issue ...the Luke Skywalker issue... we see the emperor attacking Luke psychically/mentally trying to manipulate him through the force- he’s able to do it though he has no idea where Luke is. Whoa! So no reason he and/ or snoke weren’t doing the same to Ben.. makes me wonder if Rey is going to face this barrage in IX
sunny
I'd like to just post this whole comic issue, honestly - it's that good! Of all the comics in the age of republic and age of resistance series I'd say this is the best...
In this issue, I identify three story threads:
1)- Luke and the Emperor/ temptation by the dark side
2)- Luke and the Rebellion
3)- Luke and his own temptations

1) is the main focus of the story.
I think 1) & 2) are going to be relevant to TROS, Kylo/Ben and Rey.
3) - Puts Luke's actions in TLJ and his choice to exile himself on Ach-to in a whole new light. I'm quite mind blown by this one as I hadn't seen this coming!  The allusion to Ach-to is pretty blatant! I think for fanboys who wanted Bad A** Luke and a wife and kid - this may rub salt into their wounds! YMMV by for me I love this reveal.
I'm short on time.. so I might share about 1) and come back to 2) & 3) another day. Or someone else might like to take this and run with it.

Spoilers...:
Luke is helping the Rebellion on a mission to steal fuel (looks like Coaxium!). The emperor, frustrated with Vader's lack of progress in finding Luke starts to 'ponder' Luke. Next thing.. we see Luke is starting to 'sense' things.. It starts when he has a disagreement with the Rebellion Major running the operation.. Luke begins to doubt the major's command..
I'll share some of the frames but out of the context of the whole story but may be a little confusing to follow? Let's try!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 5a10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 613
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 813
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 912
He tempts Luke with giving himself permission to follow Luke's own picture of what tempts him.. but I won't get into that now - this is 3)

So as you can see the Emperor plays on his doubt, his superior powers, his guilt, his desire to help others... and tries to twist it.

Luke pulls himself out of this sort of.. to go confront the Major about even more wrong tactics - all egged on by Palpatine. The Major punches Luke and tries to send him on his way - Luke could respond with rage and indignation.. but instead he learns the Major is right - and Luke doesn't retaliate or take control through his superior power- instead he offers to help the major and they ultimately work as a team to beat the imperials.. and.. without realising it - Luke has beaten the emperor and the dark side in this situation too..

Super interesting how Palpatine can send the impressions and influence Luke - without Luke actually being aware that it originated with Palpatine.
Also super interesting that Palpatine can 'read his heart' but... this also confirms that Palpatine could not put a vision in Luke's mind - so any speculation about whether Palpatine planted Luke's vision about Ben that night at the Jedi Academy seem to be answered here with a nope.
But.. Palpatine instead could utilise what was already there.. which is more insidious really..
Sorry I can't share more now but I'm really tired! If anyone else wants to share about the rest please feel free to!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1200
Likes : 3500
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 9:44 am

Wow omg @DeeBee the implications that Luke comic has for TROS - they’ve saved the best till last ( we’ve still got a Vader one in that series so will be super interesting to see what that further says ). Have just had an email that mine is on it’s way. I look forward to reading it but am expecting now similar scenario in TROS Smile

And everyone talking of spoilers for TROS I found some interesting things in the Dooku Jedi Lost audiobook/play ( where I’ve got up to ) and also Vader Dark visions #1comic.

Ok starting with dark visions - this is a tale how Vader the dark knight saves a planet from a beast they call the ender . The beast is female . Again it’s the masculine destroying the feminine ( the imagery can be seen as sexual ie Vader with his “ lightsaber “
Destroying the Ender which looks like the sun but also like female genitalia )but that’s not all. The imagery of Vader flying into the ender which looks like a “sun “ and hailed as the saviour makes me wonder what they have in mind for TROS . Are we going to get a reverse of this ? For example Rey saving the world by saving the son? Ben? Or is Ben going to fly into the “ sun “ Maybe in the falcon or with the force to stop a superweapon or supernova ? Maybe they both do something heroic together to save the galaxy as masculine and feminine combined ? The imagery definitely feels like foreshadowing.

Talking of foreshadowing, I’ve learnt from the Dooku Lost audiobook that the Jedi temple has 4 founders - this ties in with some of the things we’ve been discussing in tarot section about the 4 royal stars which form a cross ( death and resurrection) but also have characteristics . (Incidentally hogwarts in Harry Potter have 4 founders too and again Harry died and was resurrected).

Another part that’s interesting in the audiobook is Sifo Dyas has premonitions and in one he has a vision of a “sun” bloated and old basically destroying all life on an agricultural world which mainly grows crops and produces bacta . So again the imagery is interesting because the sun could be referring to what happened to Sirius B ( see tarot section in TROS thread ) in a cosmological sense if Sirius A and B are Rey and now Ben the new emperor . But also referring to the original emperor - the old Emperor ( palpatine ) is going to go supernova ( which is what happened with Sirius B , it grew redder and redder and bigger and then went supernova and became a white dwarf circling Sirius A as binary stars )and cause annihilation before the new one can bring in an era of peace but this new emperor ( Ben ) will dwarf the king/saviour ( Rey ) and the two will bring in a new dawn with Ben like a knight kneeling before his lady( just as he does several times in TFA) . If Sirius A ( the dominant star )is Rey then , Ben as her consort will dwarf her as she will have power of life and death in her hands literally like the lady in the lake.

@spacebaby45678 you might like a look at this above to make more sense then I am about what have mentioned here. I think it’s interesting that Syfo Dyas’ vision includes an agricultural world and bacta world being destroyed. A world that feeds and heals . Again a sign that the new king ( Rey who is associated with healing ) must rise .

There is another excerpt too in Dooku Jedi Lost that caught my attention - force bonds . It seems Asaaj ventress had one with “ Kai “ her Jedi master who died and even though he’s dead , he’s still in her head . She’s now Dooku’s apprentice and she says ,

“If Kai has come back maybe I should be spending my time with him rather than with the man who has enslaved me... I could run right now . I could jump on a cruiser and never look back . But where would I go?I thought I’d come so far .... “
( as Asaaj says this “ across the stars “ music is playing in the background of her speech in the audiobook). Foreshadowing? Wink wink. So question is who is going to run ? Kylo/Ben? Rey ? Both of them?

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 667d0010
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 4f58b210
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Dc001710General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 368c7710
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 B091d310
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 C79b9f10


Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 12:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 9:57 am

@DeeBee wrote:@AhsokaTano
- I agree Necropolis sounds super creepy!
- thanks for sharing this AhsokaTano! I've been tossing up which audiobook to start on next now I've finished Phasma. I've heard snippets of this audio drama and I like that it is not too long. so I'm going to go with listening to this next!

Just thought I'd mention - the 'Destroyer down' trade paperback has just been released -   It's great for fans of Rey and includes a cool moment where we see Rey hear about Luke Skywalker!
...but today I only have time to share a bit about the new Luke issue in the Age of Rebellion series!
I mentioned it in the IX spoilers thread Here
@DeeBee wrote:... the latest age of rebellion comic issue ...the Luke Skywalker issue... we see the emperor attacking Luke psychically/mentally trying to manipulate him through the force- he’s able to do it though he has no idea where Luke is. Whoa! So no reason he and/ or snoke weren’t doing the same to Ben.. makes me wonder if Rey is going to face this barrage in IX
sunny
I'd like to just post this whole comic issue, honestly - it's that good! Of all the comics in the age of republic and age of resistance series I'd say this is the best...
In this issue, I identify three story threads:
1)- Luke and the Emperor/ temptation by the dark side
2)- Luke and the Rebellion
3)- Luke and his own temptations

1) is the main focus of the story.
I think 1) & 2) are going to be relevant to TROS, Kylo/Ben and Rey.
3) - Puts Luke's actions in TLJ and his choice to exile himself on Ach-to in a whole new light. I'm quite mind blown by this one as I hadn't seen this coming!  The allusion to Ach-to is pretty blatant! I think for fanboys who wanted Bad A** Luke and a wife and kid - this may rub salt into their wounds! YMMV by for me I love this reveal.
I'm short on time.. so I might share about 1) and come back to 2) & 3) another day. Or someone else might like to take this and run with it.

Spoilers...:
Luke is helping the Rebellion on a mission to steal fuel (looks like Coaxium!). The emperor, frustrated with Vader's lack of progress in finding Luke starts to 'ponder' Luke. Next thing.. we see Luke is starting to 'sense' things.. It starts when he has a disagreement with the Rebellion Major running the operation.. Luke begins to doubt the major's command..
I'll share some of the frames but out of the context of the whole story but may be a little confusing to follow? Let's try!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 5a10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 613
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 813
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 912
He tempts Luke with giving himself permission to follow Luke's own picture of what tempts him.. but I won't get into that now - this is 3)

So as you can see the Emperor plays on his doubt, his superior powers, his guilt, his desire to help others... and tries to twist it.

Luke pulls himself out of this sort of.. to go confront the Major about even more wrong tactics - all egged on by Palpatine. The Major punches Luke and tries to send him on his way - Luke could respond with rage and indignation.. but instead he learns the Major is right - and Luke doesn't retaliate or take control through his superior power- instead he offers to help the major and they ultimately work as a team to beat the imperials.. and.. without realising it - Luke has beaten the emperor and the dark side in this situation too..

Super interesting how Palpatine can send the impressions and influence Luke - without Luke actually being aware that it originated with Palpatine.
Also super interesting that Palpatine can 'read his heart' but... this also confirms that Palpatine could not put a vision in Luke's mind - so any speculation about whether Palpatine planted Luke's vision about Ben that night at the Jedi Academy seem to be answered here with a nope.
But.. Palpatine instead could utilise what was already there.. which is more insidious really..
Sorry I can't share more now but I'm really tired! If anyone else wants to share about the rest please feel free to!
sunny
@DeeBee

Oh my goodness! I do hope this is in the story of TROS because it indicates how much Palpatine, and then Palpatine and Snoke have haunted the Skywalkers for generations.  You're right, it does explain more about Luke, especially when he almost killed Ben.  Plus, it's obvious, to me, this is what happened to Leia when she was pregnant with Ben (I think they stopped this after he was born), but it obviously continued with Ben! Sad  I recall a recent discussion about this on Twitter, but it shows how strong Ben is with the light, and he only gave up when Luke tried to kill him.  However, the light is still wanting to dominate within him - Bendemption time, and healing for the Skywalkers - adds more significance to the title of The Rise of Skywalker Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 773
Likes : 2225
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 10:17 am

Hey all am still listening to the Dooku Jedi Lost and found some more interesting snippets - one is when Dooku is learning the basics of animal kinship and bonding with animals which reminds me of Ezra in Rebels bonding with the animals ( incidentally the creature Dooku bonds with is female ) and we are told Jedi never control , always persuade and that when aligned they are one mind but with two bodies . Woah ! Would like to see this in TROS. They kind of did do this in TLJ where Rey and kylo in the throne room fought like they had one mind - completely aligned . It kind of reminds me of marriage ceremonies too where you become one body with husband and wife but in this case it’s not one body that becomes one but their mind . And maybe this is what the force bond is trying to relate back to .

Anyway the other thing I discovered in the audiobook is how cruel the Jedi Council can be and how cult like too . I know we’ve seen this before with how Anakin and Ahsoka were treated but this just was so heartless too. Moreover it makes me think of Ben and how his choice was made for him( in the words of rey in TLJ).

Through a holocron Dooku hears of his mother’s death and his sister distraught ,asks him to come back home . This makes Dooku question his beliefs about the force and how maybe the Jedi have it wrong and since it’s in all living things , it would be in his sister and maybe that’s why they have a special bond and she’s his guiding light . Maybe cutting yourself off from everything isn’t the answer. But the Jedi make it clear that’s what they believe.

Dooku is forced to confess to the council his bond with his sister and that he wants to go home to bury his mother but the reaction is shocking . He’s made to feel like an outcast with the way they react , like he’s disgraced the order by wanting to go home and bury his mother . Even yoda says something like “ what have we told you about attachments and cutting yourself off with your past ? “.
I found it truly shocking and heartbreaking and very cult like . In the end Dooku begs the council and only seems to get consent when he detaches himself so
begins by pleading saying “ let me go to her whilst she buries OUR.... her mother and then I swear I will break all contact “. Yoda then says “happy about this I am not . My permission to go I give “.

Wow ! Truly shocking. I was left speechless listening to this . No compassion at all which the Jedi claim
to have . It’s not the first time this has happened as we know. The real crux is this - the Jedi take the choice of the individual away because they take
kids and babies and then replace their family . It’s fine if you’re an adult going into it like Luke ( though I don’t know how strict Luke’s Jedi temple would have been) because it’s your choice but by taking the children you’ve taken that choice away from them. Ben is in a similar situation to Dooku . No wonder they fell to the dark side .

I could definitely picture a similar scenario like this playing out in TROS. Wasn’t there a leak
about Rey asking Ben to come home with them? Maybe something happens to leia & this triggers Ben to question everything.
Anyway food for thought .

Just adding the binding ritual later on in the audiobook is interesting- binding the arms from the wrist upwards ( towards the stars ) .And the incantation that goes with it about calling on all aspects of the force , light, dark, balance and how not one aspect is superior to the other but they are all equal . I won’t go into it here as it’s been gone over before but yeah interesting because it reminds me of Rey and kylo’s arm bindings and also binding forms a big part of marriage ceremonies worldwide , ties in with red string of fate and binding of Loki ( tempering the beast in man ) . And we are told the ancient Jedi did this every day . Wow would love to see a scene in TROS where Rey and kylo do this together - maybe it might even form part of a wedding ceremony?
This audiobook is great . Trying not to give context and plot away but just little snippets like the above I come across . Smile


Last edited by AhsokaTano on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 3:19 pm

Ok am near the end now of Dooku Jedi Lost by Cavan Scott and shocks galore! I know I said I wouldn’t discuss spoilers but there could be something in this . Sorry for this and double post .

SPOILER ALERT:

Don’t read ok if you don’t wish to know :

there is a massive betrayal of Jedi council in this and secret child . Woah ! I wonder if this foreshadowing for TROS especially as this Jedi who betrays the council was too scared to ask for their help because of fear so hid her child, kept him secret and tried to carry on as normal . It kind of reminds me of the rey/kylo child leaks from last year and repercussions this could have (or if resistance find out about kylo/Rey force bond ).

Also it seems “let the past die “seems to have derived from yoda . He says “let the past go “ as he’s very keen on doing away with any attachments & relationships outside of the Jedi .At one point he says to Dooku we are not monsters . This gave me chills because they did behave like monsters too but used their status as Jedi to justify what they did and that they needed to help the galaxy . Yes the Jedi did help
People and worlds but at what cost Sad
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 11:04 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Ok am near the end now of Dooku Jedi Lost by Cavan Scott and shocks galore! I know I said I wouldn’t discuss spoilers but there could be something in this . Sorry for this and double post .

SPOILER ALERT:

Don’t read ok if you don’t wish to know :

there is a massive betrayal of Jedi council in this and secret child . Woah ! I wonder if this foreshadowing for TROS especially as this Jedi who betrays the council was too scared to ask for their help because of fear so hid her child, kept him secret and tried to carry on as normal . It kind of reminds me of the rey/kylo child leaks from last year and repercussions this could have (or if resistance find out about kylo/Rey force bond ).

Also it seems “let the past die “seems to have derived from yoda . He says “let the past go “ as he’s very keen on doing away with any attachments & relationships outside of the Jedi .At one point he says to Dooku we are not monsters . This gave me chills because they did behave like monsters too but used their status as Jedi to justify what they did and that they needed to help the galaxy . Yes the Jedi did help
People and worlds but at what cost Sad
@AhsokaTano

How far Yoda has come! I can tell Force Ghost Yoda in TLJ completely disagrees with how he acted in the past - one can say his working with the Force now for Ben and Rey is his quest for redemption.

There were pragmatic reasons for Yoda to be on Dagobah, yet all of this adds TLJ Luke reasoning to it, as well.

TROS will be about healing for so many! As Ben and Rey personally heal, it will transcend in so many ways for the big picture!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 773
Likes : 2225
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 3:46 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Completely agree with you regarding yoda and redemption- healing for all by end of TROS .And he does change by TLJ. His journey like everyone else’s is learning from your mistakes .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 8:47 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
Completely agree with you regarding yoda and redemption- healing for all by end of TROS .And he does change by TLJ. His journey like everyone else’s is learning from your mistakes .
@AhsokaTano

And it is so beautiful how he revels and celebrates in it! Luke may have created Kylo Ren, yet Yoda created many more - or he allowed entrenched teachings to remain - as you emphasized in your discoveries, and he forgave himself, sees the beauty and the ultimate teaching in failure, and celebrates in the future because they are the hope!

Luke understands that now too, which is why it's a maybe Yoda will appear in TROS because Luke is now at Yoda FG level of power and knowledge! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 773
Likes : 2225
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 18 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 12:15 pm

Towards the end of the audiobook ,yoda has one final word that starts to redeem what went before( in the Dooku:Jedi Lost audiobook) . Dooku tells yoda he’s leaving because his duty is to his people & family on Serenno and wants to give up his lightsaber as it is the weapon of a Jedi but yoda tells him to keep it - that a Jedi is more than a name and title . Dooku’s sister a little further along says that for the first time they won’t have anyone telling them what to do or what their destiny will be and this is their chance to stand on their own two feet , that her brother will make Serenno strong and save them. Smile It obviously goes wrong because he gets involved with Palpatine and he goes to dark side but nonetheless there is some positive foreshadowing I hope from this book.

One final word on the audiobook Ventress is told ,
”No one comes back from the dead , no one !” Then she says to Kai you’re not real and he says to her “I could be , I am part of you , the best part of you “. The way Ventress hears Kai in this is a bit like Jane Eyre ie he’s everywhere- in the wind , storms etc which is interesting but the fact that there is that hint there that even if someone is gone they could come back and be made real again has got to be something positive that bodes well for a resurrection scenario (if that’s on the cards for Rise of Skywalker).
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 943
Likes : 3213
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum