General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 7:46 pm

The LF Publishing Panel at SDCC will be Friday, July 19th from 5:00pm - 6:00pm.

This is probably when we will find out more about Project Luminous Smile

I am hoping for more related to Galaxy's Edge as well (I don't think there will be anything more for Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker).

https://sched.co/RqHH
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Empty Age of Resistance - Finn Issue

Post by DeeBee on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 8:17 am

Hiya Peeps! This week has flown by for me- the first Age of Resistance issue was released and I forgot!
Yep... the Age of Resistance Finn issue has been released...
How about I give you a little taste and a few comments? Here goes. The big highlight of the issue IMHO is the Kylo Ren glimpse!

spoilers - Age of Resistance Finn:
The comic starts with a Kylo Ren sighting - seems a bit token but heck, I'll take it!
Here is what we see of Kylo Ren..
Finn is playing around mopping the floor in a very non stormtrooper manner. lol. then....
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_110
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_210
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_310

the plot then unfolds. There's an 'infestation' on starkiller base- and the stormtroopers are tasked with getting rid of it.
Turns out they are a bunch of cute animals that look like a cross between a porg and a bat. lol a Borg? tee hee..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_410
Finn feels sorry for them because they have lost their home due to the first order.
He gets in trouble..[I'll skip all the detail lol] he ends up being assigned to protect a garbage run to a garbage moon. He is accompanied by a garbage worker -  name Marialew. [not quite a scavenger but close lol]
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_510
- does she look familiar? Much??!!!

Finn hides the creatures on the garbage transport - and plans to release them on the garbage moon and give them a new home.
Marialew doesn't know, and she points a gun at him questioning him what's going on.. she ends up helping Finn and the creatures.
Finn is full of guilt for how he has been part of the first order who has done this to creatures.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_610
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_710
I wonder if we'll see Marialew again..
There's no big surprises here IMHO - and I would say this one isn't worth purchasing.. but hey each to their own! the very brief Kylo sighting was like the moment on Jakku where he pauses and looks at Finn - it kinda makes me wonder if he had a vision or learned something from an Oracle about Finn.. they seem to be hinting at something special about Finn the force seems to be communicating.. but.. who knows.. maybe it's nothing!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 2:07 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hiya Peeps! This week has flown by for me- the first Age of Resistance issue was released and I forgot!
Yep... the Age of Resistance Finn issue has been released...
How about I give you a little taste and a few comments? Here goes. The big highlight of the issue IMHO is the Kylo Ren glimpse!

spoilers - Age of Resistance Finn:
The comic starts with a Kylo Ren sighting - seems a bit token but heck, I'll take it!
Here is what we see of Kylo Ren..
Finn is playing around mopping the floor in a very non stormtrooper manner. lol. then....
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_110
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_210
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_310

the plot then unfolds. There's an 'infestation' on starkiller base- and the stormtroopers are tasked with getting rid of it.
Turns out they are a bunch of cute animals that look like a cross between a porg and a bat. lol a Borg? tee hee..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_410
Finn feels sorry for them because they have lost their home due to the first order.
He gets in trouble..[I'll skip all the detail lol] he ends up being assigned to protect a garbage run to a garbage moon. He is accompanied by a garbage worker -  name Marialew. [not quite a scavenger but close lol]
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_510
- does she look familiar? Much??!!!

Finn hides the creatures on the garbage transport - and plans to release them on the garbage moon and give them a new home.
Marialew doesn't know, and she points a gun at him questioning him what's going on.. she ends up helping Finn and the creatures.
Finn is full of guilt for how he has been part of the first order who has done this to creatures.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_610
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Finn_710
I wonder if we'll see Marialew again..
There's no big surprises here IMHO - and I would say this one isn't worth purchasing.. but hey each to their own! the very brief Kylo sighting was like the moment on Jakku where he pauses and looks at Finn - it kinda makes me wonder if he had a vision or learned something from an Oracle about Finn.. they seem to be hinting at something special about Finn the force seems to be communicating.. but.. who knows.. maybe it's nothing!
sunny
@DeeBee

I really love how there were more glimpses of the compassion within him, and his rebellious streak. Very Happy

The environmentalist part of me really adored the compassion was towards animals (fearsome looking animals, which he initially feared/was involved with attacking them/but once he knew the entire story, he did not judge - in fact, he moved heaven and earth to help them).

You know, I think that was foreshadowing for his view with Ben (who is in the Beast stage of the Beauty and the Beast story now). Wink Once he knows Ben's entire story, and witnesses the love Rey has for Ben, Finn will move heaven and earth to help him. Smile

If one adores Finn, and adores stories which involve compassion towards animals (especially scary looking animals), then I recommend purchasing. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Empty Age of Resistance - Captain Phasma Issue

Post by DeeBee on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:53 am

Hi Everyone! the Age of Resistance Captain Phasma issue has been released.
I'll share my honest thoughts but YMMV and would love to hear other's thoughts!

I found it a bit of a yawn. I've read the Phasma novel and this was nowhere near as interesting to me. Which is why I won't even bother to summarise the plot. lol. sorry! It told me nothing new about Phasma and was pretty uninteresting to me.
A few noteable exceptions:
We have a glimpse of the first order on Demir - a planet in the Unknown Regions.. I always find it interesting to see what the First order gets up to in the Unknown Regions!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Phasma10
I wonder if this is tied to the Resistance tv series episode where they found the FO were mining in the unknown regions. hmm.

2) we had some interesting artwork of Phasma with her helmet off drinking a fancy looking drink.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Phasma12
Is this a first? I think it might be....
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Phasma11
I wonder why there was such emphasis on the drink - anyone recognise it? Port in a storm? lol.

3) Though it was clear the protagonist was going to be killed by Phasma from the start, I thought it was cool she shot first!! RIP KM8713 - you went out fighting.. It was just that darn special armour of Phasma's that was in the way. But then, we know Phasma never plays fair.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 11:23 am

@DeeBee
Thanks for sharing . You know what is interesting is how they seem to focus on phasma’s eye ?? Her right eye . The one that you see peeking out of her helmet in TLJ. Wonder why that is ? Do we get to see her whole face ? Because we didn’t in the phasma comic pre TLJ either . And here it’s obscured again by the drink . Hmmm. Weird . The eye symbolism could be focusing on idea about the eyes being the window to the soul but deliberately concealing phasma’s face I don’t know . It makes me wonder if at some point they are going to reveal her face and it isn’t Gwendoline Christie’s one .Just kidding .
The drink port in a storm is based on a phrase :
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/any-port-in-a-storm.html
Very interesting- a person will do anything or find any solution when in a bad situation or go with anyone for example if lonely they might go with the bad boy because he’s there even if he’s not the best choice ..... What’s interesting too is where it originated from too “ memoirs from a woman of pleasure “. It’s like taking what you want from life even if it’s not the best or right thing . Star Wars writers would have known this . What are they trying to tell us ??? Omg .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 11:28 am

@AhsokaTano whoa that's cool. I mentioned port in a storm because it's been talked about lately related to Galaxy's Edge, but your connection here to the meaning of the phrase certainly seems to fit Phasma! great find!

Yeah I don't know what's the deal with obscuring her face/ focusing on the eye - at this point I don't find her very interesting anymore but lol maybe she will become interesting to me again!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 6:15 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone! the Age of Resistance Captain Phasma issue has been released.
I'll share my honest thoughts but YMMV and would love to hear other's thoughts!

I found it a bit of a yawn. I've read the Phasma novel and this was nowhere near as interesting to me. Which is why I won't even bother to summarise the plot. lol. sorry! It told me nothing new about Phasma and was pretty uninteresting to me.
A few noteable exceptions:
We have a glimpse of the first order on Demir - a planet in the Unknown Regions.. I always find it interesting to see what the First order gets up to in the Unknown Regions!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Phasma10
I wonder if this is tied to the Resistance tv series episode where they found the FO were mining in the unknown regions. hmm.

2) we had some interesting artwork of Phasma with her helmet off drinking a fancy looking drink.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Phasma12
Is this a first? I think it might be....
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Phasma11
I wonder why there was such emphasis on the drink - anyone recognise it? Port in a storm? lol.

3) Though it was clear the protagonist was going to be killed by Phasma from the start, I thought it was cool she shot first!! RIP KM8713 - you went out fighting.. It was just that darn special armour of Phasma's that was in the way. But then, we know Phasma never plays fair.
sunny
@DeeBee

I did not notice the eye or the drink - lol, that did not stand out for me.  Overall, I agree, it's an average, below average issue, yet I love what it could indicate for TROS.

Recently, as all know, the red sith troopers were introduced.  In the teaser for TROS, we see Ben fighting alongside white Storm Troopers.  Finn began the humanization of the troopers, along with plot points of the Resistance cartoon.  This further emphasizes their humanity.  Therefore, I believe this is one of the breadcrumbs that Finn, Ben, the white storm troopers, along with the Resistance (and perhaps more of the FO who wish to have redemption) will fight together against the evil side, which will include the red with troopers and the Knights of Ren.  

Phasma says "You are just another nameless fallen gun."  To Ben, they will have names, and of course so much more, then a fallen gun - he'll want them to thrive! Very Happy Smile

The fact their reveal was the same time (red sith trooper announcement) and this issue, is...interesting.. Very Happy Smile

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Empty Chewie imagining Han and Leia's courtship on Endor!

Post by DeeBee on Fri 19 Jul 2019, 10:08 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey - loved reading your thoughts! You make great points about the stormtroopers. I think at this point for me it just wasn't anything new, I had already pretty much been told this story already.. and I was hungry for something new. Had this comic been a year ago I probably would have been more psyched!

Have a little snipped from Star Wars Adventures issue 23 I'd like to share - this series has some seriously cute moments. I'm an adult, and I find the lighthearted fun of this series a breath of fresh air!
Sooooo here's a little surprise - Chewie's vision of Han and Leia's Endor courtship! lol!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 23_che10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 23_che11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 23_che12
How cute is that?! I love you I love the little candles ha!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 19 Jul 2019, 2:11 pm

@DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - loved reading your thoughts! You make great points about the stormtroopers. I think at this point for me it just wasn't anything new, I had already pretty much been told this story already.. and I was hungry for something new. Had this comic been a year ago I probably would have been more psyched!

Have a little snipped from Star Wars Adventures issue 23 I'd like to share - this series has some seriously cute moments. I'm an adult, and I find the lighthearted fun of this series a breath of fresh air!
Sooooo here's a little surprise - Chewie's vision of Han and Leia's Endor courtship! lol!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 23_che10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 23_che11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 23_che12
How cute is that?! I love you I love the little candles ha!
sunny
@DeeBee

Very cute!!!! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 20 Jul 2019, 7:17 am

Sooo looks like the publishing panel has happened at SDCC..
we got this announcement from Charles Soule:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 The_ri11
Limited series comic huh.
I wonder how many issues it will be.
Some articles are saying 4 but I think that may be mixed up with the 4 issue comic Allegiance which they were talking about at the same panel. The same articles are talking about that series by Ethan Sacks like it is a brand new announcement. It was announced back on May the 4th this year.
I'm waiting for starwars.com to update with an article about the panel...

More info coming out of comic con.
Here's the cover for Star Wars Adventures #27
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Swadve10
Looks like we get to see more of Chewie and the porgs!
IDW Article wrote:
IDW Publishing proudly announces that October’s Star Wars Adventures #27 will debut a three-part storyline telling an untold chapter set between The Last Jedi and the thrilling conclusion to the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!....Issue #27 will debut a three-part monthly storyline by writer John Barber and artist Derek Charm, featuring the mighty Wookiees. With the New Republic devastated, the First Order launches an attack on the planet Kashyyyk, and Chewbacca takes up arms to defend his people!

“It’s a thrill and an honor to get to tell this story with the amazing Derek Charm,” says Barber. “Chewie’s one of my favorite characters ever, for as long as I can remember. Having the opportunity to tell his story to a new generation of Star Wars fans – and all this leading up to the conclusion to the Skywalker saga — is one of the biggest thrills of my career.”

Charm says, “I’ve been lucky enough to work within a lot of Star Wars eras in this series, but doing something in the current, post-Last Jedi landscape is really exciting. The fact that it focuses on Chewbacca and what he’s been up to between these movies is more so.” A backup tale by writer Michael Moreci and artist Tony Fleecs will see a team-up between the beloved droids of the Star Wars series – R2-D2, C-3PO, and BB-8 – as they embark on a desperate recruiting campaign for the Resistance.

“What I love so much about this story is that it gives the droids a mission that’s specific to who they are as characters and not just droids,” says Moreci. “This is a fun, fun adventure, but I also think it’s important to these characters as they, like everyone else, find their way in the galaxy.”  
source: https://www.idwpublishing.com/the-journey-to-the-rise-of-the-skywalker-begins-with-star-wars-adventures-27/

Ummm sooooo me again. just checking around for updates on dates on upcoming comic releases. it's getting complicated!

We have some detail about Star Wars Adventures #26 -
Here's the blurb:
"Witness one of the many lessons Rey learned from Luke Skywalker during her time on Ahch-To. Plus, in an all-new installment of Tales from Wild Space, Resistance pilot Tallie teaches her squad how to overcome their fears."

Many lessons huh. And awh we get some Tallie goodness. she was gone too soon!

The cover is yet to be released.. and isn't showing on the IDW official website..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Swadve10
However, this cover is shown here: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Adventures_26
but I'd say it could possibly change or this is just one variant. we'll see.

I'm looking forward to Luke teaching Rey getting the star wars adventures treatment - I think it's going to be funny!
The porgs look hilarious!
this issue goes on sale 11 September.

Last edited by DeeBee on Sat 20 Jul 2019, 8:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 25 Jul 2019, 4:03 pm

Omg this book - the artwork . Beautiful. Can’t believe I have to Wait so long in uk to get it .
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/chnuuv/myths_and_fables_art_by_grant_griffin/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 7:33 am

Timothy Zahn was at the SW Show. I have started to read Thrawn. Actually, I am reading with the audio on, which is quite interesting because sometimes I tend to read too fast and not absorb what I am reading but with the audio and e-book it’s full immersion. I am only 20 pages in, but it looks promising.

P.S.: I want Anthony Carboni’s sweater.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 7:19 am

@SanghaRen - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts SanghaRen if you would like to share?
I've downloaded the Thrawn Treason audiobook but I may not get to it for ages. Just too much other stuff on offer - I'm so spoilt for things to spend StarWars time on! lol.

What was Anthony Carboni's t-shirt? I couldn't make out who it was! lol but it seemed to be a photo of a photo of a photo with an imperial/first order background??
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 9:31 am

@DeeBee wrote:@SanghaRen - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts SanghaRen if you would like to share?
I've downloaded the Thrawn Treason audiobook but I may not get to it for ages. Just too much other stuff on offer - I'm so spoilt for things to spend StarWars time on! lol.

What was Anthony Carboni's t-shirt? I couldn't make out who it was! lol but it seemed to be a photo of a photo of a photo with an imperial/first order background??
@DeeBee

The t-shirt is John Boyega holding a t-shirt of Kelly Marie Tran saying WWKMTD (What Would Kelly Marie Tran Do) holding a t-shirt of John Boyega saying WWJBD (What Would John Boyega Do). It’s a joke between the 2 actors. However, I am not sure what the main writing in red on Anthony Carboni is. I think WWTSWD so What Would The Star Wars Show Do.

I also don’t know when I finish with Thrawn. I am having a hard time reading or focusing on anything lately because I have to focus on a computer screen the whole day at work. So might take some time, but I’ll give my impressions.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 5:33 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:@SanghaRen - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts SanghaRen if you would like to share?

@DeeBee

The t-shirt is John Boyega holding a t-shirt of Kelly Marie Tran saying WWKMTD (What Would Kelly Marie Tran Do) holding a t-shirt of John Boyega saying WWJBD (What Would John Boyega Do). It’s a joke between the 2 actors. However, I am not sure what the main writing in red on Anthony Carboni is. I think WWTSWD so What Would The Star Wars Show Do.

I also don’t know when I finish with Thrawn. I am having a hard time reading or focusing on anything lately because I have to focus on a computer screen the whole day at work. So might take some time, but I’ll give my impressions.
@SanghaRen @DeeBee

I just finished the book!

My takeaways from reading Thrawn:Treason, and how it connects with TRoS

1) I forgot most of the time I was reading about characters connected with the Empire, the enemy. We know for sure such people are involved with the FO. They are not evil, just through the ups and downs of life, and sometimes there is no choice, in many ways, with life direction, one ends up where they end up. However, when realization hits, then the ultimate ethical action will occur. I am feeling confident there will be a redemptive arc for many in the FO, and there will be an alliance between them, and the Resistance against Palpatine's Sith Troopers, etc.

2) The mention in Trawn: Alliance of the Chiss term for Sky Walkers->Skywalker seemed to give ammunition to antis & dudebros that TRoS title does not refer to Ben. Treason is indirect counter to that argument. I really don't recall it mentioned at all. Therefore, the mention in Alliance was to wink wink show that the Skywalker lineage is indeed the Chosen One lineage, which includes Ben. Treason highlights the Chiss Female Navigators, and their soul entwining. I think it's a skill Rey will initiate, and because of romantic fondness with Ben, it will be a lot more powerful than what the book hinted at (which was that the Female Navigators have a sisterhood). As an aside, wouldn't be surprised now if Rey is half Chiss and half Mandalorian. lol Very Happy Smile Razz
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 04 Aug 2019, 4:57 am

@DeeBee wrote:Sooo looks like the publishing panel has happened at SDCC..
we got this announcement from Charles Soule:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 The_ri11

@DeeBee

I’m more than ready for anything about Kylo and the KOR! I can hardly wait for December! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 05 Aug 2019, 10:18 pm

This is cute. Jared Padalecki can’t stop hugging Timothy Zahn. I can’t wait for the final season of Supernatural.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm

From The secrets of the Jedi:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 EBY-tmRX4AArynG
Source:https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1159182911070973952
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 9:08 pm

@Moonlight13

Sure, we all know his epic story by heart, but the Luke who is writing this particular tome is a long way from the optimistic farmboy he was when his journey began. Because of that, he’s able to look past the glorified stories of the Jedi of old to find the truth about the Order, no matter how difficult it may be for those reading to hear. So with that in mind, we were able to examine the different aspects of the Jedi Order from an angle that cut through the ancient legends, allowing us to examine why the Jedi needed to exist, why they were destined to end, and whether or not they could — or should — rise again.

Also :
Long ago, he was one of my Padawans in the new Jedi Order. But we shared far more than just our devotion to the old ways. We shared the fabled Skywalker blood. Ben Solo was my nephew, my responsibility, and my greatest failure.

Why The Jedi Sucked, by Luke Skywalker. And Ben's on the cover! Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:04 am

I was scanning Amazon for future Star Wars books and saw this listed with a blank cover, and "Author Unknown." I thought, "OK, more information during NYCC" yet they did it now. Very cool! My first thought was "OMG LF, Slow down, I only have so much $" haha - My second was "Oh, this looks cool!"
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 11:37 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxys-edge-black-spire-exclusive-excerpt

So guess who leia has partnered Vi with on a mission ? Can’t help feeling this is more foreshadowing for TROS? Cardinal has even gone back to his birth name . Very Happy
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:12 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxys-edge-black-spire-exclusive-excerpt

So guess who leia has partnered Vi with on a mission ? Can’t help feeling this is more foreshadowing for TROS? Cardinal has even gone back to his birth name . Very Happy
@AhsokaTano

Thanks so much for sharing this! I was so excited to read this and now I can’t wait!
So Archex has been working with the resistance and will be teamed up with Vi?!
I figured Vi took cardinal to battu straight after Phasma novel events, but this idea that they may actually have spent time apart is.... delicious! And I’m kinda glad Archex has made some changes on his own without Vi- I may be a walking cliche but I can totally ship this pairing!
Love that the torture is not being swept under the carpet. I keep repeating myself but... I can’t wait!!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 1:48 pm

@DeeBee
I too can’t wait for the Galaxy’s Edge: Black spire novel -didn’t expect this revelation of Archex and Vi being sent on a mission together via Leia ( am hoping this is foreshadowing for TROS too fingers crossed). Only a few more days to go before the book is out . Smile

So have been catching up on the comics- Galaxy’s edge 1-4 (no 5 is out 28th August)and some interesting info about the Sith Sword of Kashyun. It’s been mentioned here before but the story is fun , Indiana Jones style with trips to both a Jedi and ancient Sith homeworld Moraband & Jedha.
The Sith temple is full of booby traps with mummies , hell hounds , spirits and even an equivalent of the valley of the kings which is interesting. Sith temples seem to have been influenced by ancient Egyptian symbolism. Anyway the sword is interesting and the legends around it and the artwork is great . Pictures posted below. Other things I found interesting were the introduction again of another clawdite shapeshifter who changes both into a man and a woman throughout the comic series and also the statue in the Jedi temple which reminds me of those images you get of st George and the dragon or St Michael and the devil . The Jedi is fighting the serpent like those traditional images I’ve mentioned but it’s so much more than that because the Jedi are also fighting their existence as the serpent is a fertility symbol and by vanquishing it they are sealing their own demise . Interesting. ....

The sword & Sith temple :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 F27f4b10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 05ef2510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 77721010

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 82a06210
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Ad75d910
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 5f8ebb10

The shapeshifter:General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 33335310
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Cf654510

The statue in the Jedi temple at Jedha:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Ab86d510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 A358b510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 C848ef10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 2:52 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@DeeBee
I too can’t wait for the Galaxy’s Edge: Black spire novel -didn’t expect this revelation of Archex and Vi being sent on a mission together via Leia ( am hoping this is foreshadowing for TROS too fingers crossed). Only a few more days to go before the book is out . Smile

So have been catching up on the comics- Galaxy’s edge 1-4 (no 5 is out 28th August)and some interesting info about the Sith Sword of Kashyun. It’s been mentioned here before but the story is fun , Indiana Jones style with trips to both a Jedi and ancient Sith homeworld Moraband & Jedha.
The Sith temple is full of booby traps with mummies , hell hounds , spirits and even an equivalent of the valley of the kings which is interesting. Sith temples seem to have been influenced by ancient Egyptian symbolism. Anyway the sword is interesting and the legends around it and the artwork is great . Pictures posted below. Other things I found interesting were the introduction again of another clawdite shapeshifter who changes both into a man and a woman throughout the comic series and also the statue in the Jedi temple which reminds me of those images you get of st George and the dragon or St Michael and the devil . The Jedi is fighting the serpent like those traditional images I’ve mentioned but it’s so much more than that because the Jedi are also fighting their existence as the serpent is a fertility symbol and by vanquishing it they are sealing their own demise . Interesting. ....

The sword & Sith temple :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 F27f4b10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 05ef2510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 77721010

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 82a06210
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Ad75d910
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 5f8ebb10

The shapeshifter:General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 33335310
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Cf654510

The statue in the Jedi temple at Jedha:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 Ab86d510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 A358b510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 19 C848ef10
@AhsokaTano

Interesting!

There was a fish/serpent type symbol scene in the Resistance teaser too, correct? Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 4:05 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Yeah there was so interesting- lots of snake, serpent imagery and symbolism in Star Wars Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum