ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 7:55 am

This is silly but Obi Wan Kenobi was or is the obsession of Maul and Rey is sort of an obsession for Kylo. Kenobi and their ways to mess with Dark Side users
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by Gemini on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 1:59 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Obi Wan & Satine where epic, this is a great video that gives me the feels, and to h*ll with Darth Maul Evil  

@spacebaby45678

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Giphy
@Gemini wrote:So I decided to take a step back from the Rey Kenobi theory because I was worried that I was looking too deeply. I noticed that when I start looking too deeply into things I get a bit lost and start trying to bend everything to fit a theory. I'm not one to endorse in tiny call backs and small random moments. I'm always the kind of person who thinks that the important moments are the ones you look back on once you know the answer and then you see how these little puzzle pieces they have offered us fit. To me the important moments are always ones which tie in with the plot, they are not super duper obvious at first but are clear enough to make a connection. I mean I could be wrong about this theory so I try to only really look at things which I feel are strong pieces of evidence that she is a Kenobi. I watched the film again the other day and the film is laced with suggestions that she is a Kenobi.

I haven't made a big post in here yet, so here goes. I'm going to do this in parts.

1. Watch the ending first, then look back and see how the pieces lead to that ending.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_o52qdnCfFv1tmyav6o5_r1_500
credit to reykenobiandbensolo

The ending is one of the most important parts of any film. It is supposed to tie loose ends together and answer questions at least in a somewhat satisfying way. So how does this film end? Imagine you have seen nothing but the ending, then just watch the ending. It ends with a young unidentified girl meeting Luke Skywalker and giving him his fathers lightsaber as a plea to get him back onto the quest to save the galaxy. That is lifted directly from ANH and Obi Wan Kenobi meeting Luke Skywalker for the first time. Its a strong visual image to end the film on, its not intended to be a mere forgettable callback, its the very last thing you are going to see until 2017. So the last thing JJ wanted you to acknowledge was that this girls journey, everything leads her to this point and this one gesture. Her destiny was to find Luke and prompt him back onto the quest in a way which felt most natural to her, an instinct that comes from the gut that the best way to get him to join the fight is by prompting him onto the quest with his fathers lightsabre.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o3l2k7hhFm1qdizr1_500

2. The opening crawl and where our heroes' journey begins

Where do they decide to start this film? Leia needs help, Luke is missing, Kylo Ren (her son) is lost and seduced by the dark side. They don't start it with Ben turning, they don't start it with Luke deciding "Hey lets go to the jedi temple", they don't start it in a logical place which puts the emphasis on a Skywalker journey. Reys journey starts when the Skywalkers need help and if things continue and she doesn't appear, Luke and Ben may be lost forever.

This is where a Kenobi would naturally be called to adventure, when the s*** hits the fan for the Skywalkers, this is where Kenobi would make an entrance in this Saga. He has always been entwined with them in both trilogies, Taking care of boy Anakin, taking care of Luke Skywalker, now obi wan is dead, this is the most logical and perfect place for a descendant of his to make their appearance..when the Skywalkers are lost and need help and guidance. This saga starts with Obi wan Kenobi being Leias only hope and he breaks his solitude, coming to Luke's aid when he needs it, coming to Leias aid when she literally says "help me Obi Wan Kenobi you are my only hope"

3. Her starting point and call to adventure.

"Her being solitary is a big clue as to what it(her identity) is all about" - Daisy Ridley

So how does she get called to adventure? She's sitting in her solitude, longing for belonging and a family..and the family she just happens to get involved and entwined with when called to adventure is the Skywalkers? Thats a pretty big coincidence that her belonging and her destiny lies with them if she's just a random...however it makes perfect narrative sense if her belonging is with them because she is a Kenobi.

So she's sitting in her solitude, and then she gets called to adventure, she breaks her solitude to help a droid from some scavengers and this droid leads her to Luke skywalker and more importantly, marks her and leads Anakin's grandchild directly to obi wans grandchild. Destiny.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o6kqwwN1aV1u4orvh_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o6kqvsQz5P1u4orvh_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o6kqw2GHEq1u4orvh_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o6kqwc63VC1u4orvh_500

Because of this one moment, the descendant of Anakin Skywalker is lead directly to the descendant of Obi Wan Kenobi and the rest is history.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o4klq840iA1u4orvh_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o61buyyEZM1u4orvh_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o61bvmYVs21u4orvh_540

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o5062aKHOF1u4orvh_500
@Gemini

time to revisit Gem's post in the light of Daisy's comments last week
@spacebaby45678

Imo, it's definitely answered within the film itself and I think Daisy is referring to the ending in particular. I've always said the answer is actually in the movie. Things don't have to be said out loud, it's all through cinematic direction and film language. It's a common thing in trilogies and tv shows, little cinematic  breadcrumbs are laid throughout so that when you get the answer, you can see how it all ended up there when you watch it after you have the answer.

Watch the walking dead again and you will see all the cinematic language which pointed to the two deaths

Again if she's a kenobi, and this is what Daisy is talking about. I'm with her 100 percent . The answer is there and I'm stunned at how lots missed it.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 3:25 pm

@Gemini You're so right! I guessed who will die in The walking dead even before Negan showed up

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 2:50 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm

@spacebaby45678

Not only that movie about Obi Wan was put on hold but Obi Wan is being mentioned quite frequently recently. I mean it have to mean something by bringing the Kenobi name back to focus.

Also I just know that Vader was a practitioner of Dun Möch, a form of combat that used distraction and doubt, usually through taunting. Making the opponents doubt themselves, their belief and intentions. It can also disrupt the connection to the Force. I wonder if Kylo also know how to use this combat style. If he did, then he could have used it when fighting with Finn, by calling Finn as Traitor. But it also backfire because Kylo also received hits from Finn. And since Dun Möch can also be used to make one return from the Dark Side, similar to the way Luke saved Vader. Rey could use this on Kylo.......or sh could just st drag him back to Leia
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 3:19 pm

@spacebaby45678

Dun Moch, wow, so Trump is an orange vader.. lol but seriously, Obi Wan mentions are everywhere, that is in keeping with him being the most connected character up until Kylo who is now the most connected character...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 4:30 pm

It's good to see major youtubers finally giving it the time of day. It's just insane to me how long it took. I just can't get over it

A freaking year for people to swallow their pride and discuss it seriously. I really don't understand why people thought it was so contrived or impossible or that obi wan was gone from this saga, dead with the ot. Really? People actually thought obi wan was done in the new saga films? They are clearly setting it up and spacebaby, we've argue  about it until red in the face for an entire year lol. Honestly they just brought Ewan back to say lines and painstakingly altered Alec Guinness voice just for no reason? Just a pointless Easter egg? I mean people really thought it had not baring to the narrative? So people think rey wouldn't even ask Luke who the hell called her name in the vision and how do they know her? It would just be ignored by Rey in the next instalment?

We weren't imagining things in tfa,the obi connections are laced throughout it and they are very important and the connections all revolve around rey, every single one. They are not pointless callbacks. They are setting up the hints so after 8 and 9, you look back at 7 and see it all pointing to it.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:07 am

@Gemini wrote:It's good to see major youtubers finally giving it the time of day. It's just insane to me how long it took. I just can't get over it

A freaking year for people to swallow their pride and discuss it seriously. I really don't understand why people thought it was so contrived or impossible or that obi wan was gone from this saga, dead with the ot. Really? People actually thought obi wan was done in the new saga films? They are clearly setting it up and spacebaby, we've argue  about it until red in the face for an entire year lol. Honestly they just brought Ewan back to say lines and painstakingly altered Alec Guinness voice just for no reason? Just a pointless Easter egg? I mean people really thought it had not baring to the narrative? So people think rey wouldn't even ask Luke who the hell called her name in the vision and how do they know her? It would just be ignored by Rey in the next instalment?

We weren't imagining things in tfa,the obi connections are laced throughout it and they are very important and the connections all revolve around rey, every single one. They are not pointless callbacks. They are setting up the hints so after 8 and 9, you look back at 7 and see it all pointing to it.
@Gemini

There's been a marathon on TV today and wow is it even more obvious in the scenes where Obi-Wan is sneaking around the Death Star with Vader hunting him down. Including the moment when they finally come face to face, Vader's cut him off at the pass when he's heading back to the MF. Including lit saber.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:33 am

Sorry guys that was a rant at reywalkers. I've had enough of them lol I've argued wth them so much it's even still going on.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:38 am

@snufkin wrote:
@Gemini wrote:It's good to see major youtubers finally giving it the time of day. It's just insane to me how long it took. I just can't get over it

@Gemini

There's been a marathon on TV today and wow is it even more obvious in the scenes where Obi-Wan is sneaking around the Death Star with Vader hunting him down. Including the moment when they finally come face to face, Vader's cut him off at the pass when he's heading back to the MF. Including lit saber.
@snufkin

That's like the vision right? And when she's running at the end? Kylo ren cuts her off with saber?

Last edited by Gemini on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:43 am

The hint setting up is the same with reylo too.

That's why I love the ship because we all saw it and we all know it's a subtle set up, so when you look back after 8 and 9, you see it there all along in 7. Very common thing in trilogies and tv shows
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 4:16 am

Yes, Obi-Wan seems to be everywhere, even in R1 a planet's name (wobani) is an anagram of his. And Ewan has been posting pics like this on his Instagram account recently:

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Img_8513

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Img_8511
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:00 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@Gemini

@snufkin

That's like the vision right? And when she's running at the end? Kylo ren cuts her off with saber?
@Gemini

Both the vision and what actually happens. It really struck me how they cut back and forth in the original film between Obi Wan trying to get the tractor beam turned off/sneaking around and Vader sensing him being there there and tracking him down. It climaxes in the moment when Obi-Wan is headed back to the MF, there's that first moment where he turns the corner and Vader is waiting with lit saber to cut him off. It's at the very beginning of their scene together/fight. They show that clearly on the SKB scenes where she's sneaking around trying to escape and he's pursuing her before eventually cutting off her escape route to the MF and fighting her And in both scenarios, it's very personal and to do with Vader/Ren's insecurities and trying to show that they're in control/more powerful.

Which is referenced when Finn is leading Rey through the forest back to the MF to escape and their escape route is cut off by Ren. They signal he's there with the sound of him lighting the saber when he confronts her (given all of the verbal cues that he's focused on her and Finn is a 3rd wheel)

https://static3.businessinsider.com/image/56fa9ae1dd0895342b8b456c-5760-2880/kylo-ren-finn-rey-star-wars.jpg

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 10:45 pm

Better comparison of the confrontation moment between the two characters during the escape to the MF. Following a hunt/chase around the base

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o4d47jLKjg1u11f25_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o3916ydlyY1qdizr1_500
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 4:35 am

@gemini

I have nothing left for Reywalkers, the most stubborn of them are holding on to Preconceived notions of TFA... and Reylo is that much more romantic because of it's Obikin parallels (for me)

@snufkin

yes watching the whole saga in sequence order was when I had my aha! Eureka moment...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 4:51 am

The more time pass, the more I think that Rey being a Kenobi will be the only satisfying answer for me. I went through every theories possible and this is the only one that is really making sense for me and that would be somehow...EPIC! I know you've guys have been talking about it non-stop but there has to be a reason why Obi Wan was the one calling out for Rey during that particular vision which was really important for Rey, introducing to the force and showing her bits of what happened in the past. For a long time, I tough Rey could be a "no one" and I would have been ok with it. But time is doing its work and now I'm full on the Rey Kenobi train.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 1:39 pm

@Gemini wrote: Honestly they just brought Ewan back to say lines and painstakingly altered Alec Guinness voice just for no reason? Just a pointless Easter egg? I mean people really thought it had not baring to the narrative? So people think rey wouldn't even ask Luke who the hell called her name in the vision and how do they know her? It would just be ignored by Rey in the next instalment?
@Gemini

Yes that's what struck me after reading that it was Obi Wan's voice(s) we hear in the vision. They went out of their way to make Alec Guinness voice say "Rey", and they wanted Ewan to say those lines, why was it so important to have Obi Wan as the one talking to Rey?
JJ mentioned this in the commentary:

"In this scene she is drawn to this place, almost like Cinderella. And she goes to this box, which, when she opens, she discovers something that of course has no meaning to her -- she's never seen this before, doesn't know what it is -- but has meaning to the audience. Touching the lightsaber triggers what we called "The Forceback." There were many iterations of this.[...] We wanted [this scene] to be a more personal story. Something that she couldn't comprehend that was overwhelming to her, frightening to her. That was taking her through all of these elemental experiences. Of fire. Of rain, snow, wind. But also that she was being confronted with truths about The Force, about the past, the Knights of Ren here, the past for herself. She realizes the cries that she heard were actually her own cries as a young girl being taken away from her family. And then she hears a voice: 'Rey.' And that's Obi-wan Kenobi."

And yes, the parallels and callbacks are too many and too specific to be just a coincidence...either is just a way to say "Rey is now the Skywalkers only hope, like Obi Wan before her", or they're really related. In my case, thinking that she might be a Kenobi doesn't come from a "I only care about Rey if she's related to an OT character" or "I want Rey to be a Kenobi so that Reylo can happen, since they're not related" mentalities, because I've loved Rey and I've thought Reylo would happen since the first time I've watched the movie, and the thought of Rey being related to any of the previous characters of the SW universe never crossed my mind back then. But after seeing them, the parallels with Obi Wan are really hard to dismiss.
Also this has probably been brought up many times, but there's also the timing where we hear the voices : Rey sees herself as a child (=her past), hears Obi Wan's voice calling her name, follows it, and that leads her to Kylo (=her future?), and then she falls back and we hear again the voice saying "these are your first steps". If that's the case, it's interesting to see that it's Obi Wan's voice that connects these two moments. Besides Kylo, in the vision he's the only other "person" she interacts with.

Last edited by Hasi on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 3:20 pm

Oh and also as many pointed out- Daisy's "solitary" comment, Colin Trevorrow's words on Rey's origins, the fact that they want to have a movie about Obi Wan but they're pushing it ahead, Matt Martin's "future content" tweet and Daisy's answers in the Vulture interview:

Another possibility is that Rey is related to Obi-Wan Kenobi. This theory is supported by her Kenobi-like costume, dexterity with Jedi mind tricks, and love of solitude. What does she think about that? “We will see in a year,” Ridley said. “Just sit tight on that question.”

Usually she has no problems shooting down theories like Rey Solo or Rey Erso, and she basically has already said that she's not a Skywalker (but then again, the movie already tells you all these things). Also what she said about the fact that she thought the answers about Rey's origins/family are obvious in TFA, but a lot of people completely missed it and saw something else that's not the right thing...if she's talking about Rey being a Kenobi, in my case I would have never noticed these parallels unless someone else pointed them out, because it's been years since I last saw the complete PT and OT movies. And again, I'm all for Rey Nobody, it's what I've always assumed anyway, but seeing all these things...
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 23 Dec 2016, 9:29 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 26 Dec 2016, 9:31 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 7:29 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Probably reaching here but

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Tumblr_ngmmo1QQfl1rwyx9ko2_400

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Image42
@Gemini

OK, I'm intrigued, WTF is that? Star system creates a tattoo on this guy's forehead. Who's the guy? What's the symbol? What star system?
@vaderito

Could this be the reason the SG maps of the star wars universe was not used for this particular map?

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 37 Screen10
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 6:14 am

OMG!

Everything is good in this synopsis except Sabine & Satine connnection don't know why the guys are stuck on this... it has been debunked but the rest of the video is great

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 6:28 am

I have to say this guy has stolen most of @gemini theories and says Rey & Kylo will fall in love
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 6:26 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:OMG!

Everything is good in this synopsis except Sabine & Satine connnection don't know why the guys are stuck on this... it has been debunked but the rest of the video is great

@spacebaby45678

I agree! It seems like they are one step behind the rest of us Reynobi's here in the Reylo forum.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 7:07 pm

Okay, so more on my Sabine + Korkie = Rey's parents theory after watching the Rebels season 3 mid season trailer today. We know that Sabine is from a seemingly well to do clan on Mandalore. She also has the dark saber which also gives her status and a claim to rule Mandalore. But what haven't we seen brought back into canon yet that is the ultimate status symbol of power on Mandalore ? Answer: The Mythosaur.

Now this is pure speculation (and personal head canon): What if Korkie inherited Daddy Obi Wan's animal friendship trait? Maybe he found a lost group of these creatures while in exile with Auntie Bo-Katan and his followers? Mythosaur + dark saber (+ Korkie's blood right of course) = undisputed ruler(s) of Mandalore.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum