ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 5 Jan - 2:14

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so more on my Sabine + Korkie = Rey's parents theory after watching the Rebels season 3 mid season trailer today. We know that Sabine is from a seemingly well to do clan on Mandalore. She also has the dark saber which also gives her status and a claim to rule Mandalore. But what haven't we seen brought back into canon yet that is the ultimate status symbol of power on Mandalore ? Answer: The Mythosaur.

Now this is pure speculation (and personal head canon): What if Korkie inherited Daddy Obi Wan's animal friendship trait? Maybe he found a lost group of these creatures while in exile with Auntie Bo-Katan and his followers? Mythosaur + dark saber (+ Korkie's blood right of course) = undisputed ruler(s) of Mandalore.
@TheBastardofMandalore

yup, Bo nor Satine are related to Sabine... it seams that Sabine's mom is or could be the current leader of Mandalore which begs the question where is the heirs to the throne either Bo or Korkie?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 5 Jan - 2:22

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 5 Jan - 14:16

Mike Zeroh jumps in on the Kenobi Saber theory

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 6 Jan - 14:35

J. J. Abrams: “The thing about Star Wars is everyone who has seen these movies thinks, you know, ‘I am your father.’ It’s one of the first things you think about. And, ‘There is another.’ And moments like that. But when you think about those big moments and then you stop and go, oh, neither of those things were in Star Wars. You know, Star Wars didn’t say that Luke was the son of Vader. Star Wars didn’t say that Leia was the sister of Luke. You didn’t really understand what these references were. The Empire, dark times, Clone Wars. There are these things that are discussed that don’t get explained. It was Episode IV. You know, George, among the unbelievable list of brilliant things he did, dropped you into a story and respected you and said, ‘You will infer everything necessary to understand exactly what you need to know.’ And that’s what we tried to do with this. We knew we were going to have a moment when Snoke was going to say to Ren, ‘Your dad’s in the picture.’ Can this movie actually also hold, you know, ‘And Rey is this and Finn is that and this is where Poe…’? It was one of those things, and again it speaks to your restraint…Look, this is the first, this is an opportunity of a lifetime to write a movie that is the first of a series, and there is a story to be told. And it will be. But this movie, it felt like ‘the droid is in the hands of your father, Han Solo’ was probably the one real revelatory familial piece we could get away with.” (December 22, 2015)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 6 Jan - 14:36

J. J. Abrams: “We wanted to tell a story that had its own self-contained beginning, middle, and end but at the same time, like A New Hope, implied a history that preceded it and also hinted at a future to follow. When Star Wars first came out, it was a film that both allowed the audience to understand a new story but also to infer all sorts of exciting things that might be. In that first movie, Luke wasn’t necessarily the son of Vader, he wasn’t necessarily the brother of Leia, but it was all possible. The Force Awakens has this incredible advantage, not just of a passionate fan base but also of a backstory that is familiar to a lot of people. We’ve been able to use what came before in a very organic way, because we didn’t have to reboot anything. We didn’t have to come up with a backstory that would make sense; it’s all there.” (November 2015)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Sat 7 Jan - 12:06

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_oedd42m_HWi1vochvmo1_540

Never forget!
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 7 Jan - 15:23

@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks Mrs. Ben solo

@gemini

OMG LMAO Razz Laughing

Someone tell Pabs to quit reading the Reylo board  Twisted Evil

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_ojeyjcIQep1v3o2r3o1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 7 Jan - 21:17

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks Mrs. Ben solo

@gemini

OMG LMAO Razz Laughing

@spacebaby45678

LOL! Sometimes I do wonder if they (Pablo and Filoni) lurk on the Reylo board, from time to time, just to see the crazy theories we come up with. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 7 Jan - 21:33

Well this is one I never noticed...Rey is such a Sass Master - Kenobi it is!

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Y233Zgb

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_ojffnsb2im1v3o2r3o1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 7 Jan - 21:45

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks Mrs. Ben solo

@gemini

OMG LMAO Razz Laughing

@spacebaby45678

LOL! Sometimes I do wonder if they (Pablo and Filoni) lurk on the Reylo board, from time to time, just to see the crazy theories we come up with. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

Honestly, I think Pabs just might lurk, he talks as if he knows what the girls on Tumblr are in a twitter about... Twisted Evil Laughing
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 9 Jan - 12:03

"I’m not sure how much I can say. I guess because I’ve said that I’m solitary, and that’s how I begin, that is probably a big clue as to what… (Kathleen Kennedy nervously chuckles) … it is."

Daisy Ridley

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Star-Wars-Rebels-Obi-Wan-Featured-01052017

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Rey-ATAT
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Tue 10 Jan - 17:22

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks Mrs. Ben solo

@gemini

OMG LMAO Razz Laughing

@spacebaby45678

@TheBastardofMandalore

In the slighhhhtest chance that Reylo doesnt happen, I bet you that when they see Reylo theories on boards, they'd wish they did that.

(Ah I've been away for so long, I'm glad I'm back!!)
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 10 Jan - 17:41

@thescavenger wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks Mrs. Ben solo

@gemini

OMG LMAO Razz Laughing

@spacebaby45678

@TheBastardofMandalore

In the slighhhhtest chance that Reylo doesnt happen, I bet you that when they see Reylo theories on boards, they'd wish they did that.

@thescavenger

Welcome back!
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 11 Jan - 1:27

@thescavenger wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks Mrs. Ben solo

@gemini

OMG LMAO Razz Laughing

@spacebaby45678

@TheBastardofMandalore

@thescavenger

LOL, I know right! Very Happy

Welcome back btw!
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Jan - 8:33

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-episode-viii-rian-johnson-1201956588/

After a difficult month for “Star Wars” fans, “Star Wars: Episode VIII” director Rian Johnson is giving them a little break. In an interview with USA Today (conducted prior to the death of star Carrie Fisher), Johnson divulged some of the first details the public will hear about the next installment in the space epic.

“I want it to be a blast and to be funny and to be a ride the way ‘The Force Awakens’ and the original ‘Star Wars’ movies were,” Johnson said.

Some of this fun will include time investigating the motivations of the hero trio, Rey, Finn, and Poe, while also revealing more about the mysterious histories of these starring characters.

“I wanted to know more about each of them, and that doesn’t just mean information or backstory,” Johnson said. “Figure out what’s the most difficult thing each of them could be challenged with now — let’s throw that at them and dig into what really makes them tick by seeing how they handle that.”

The iconic Luke Skywalker, played by Mark Hamill, will also appear from the get-go and keep coming back onscreen for more. Johnson knows Luke is a fan favorite, so he’s “approaching it with a take that I hope feels honest and real and is going to be interesting to folks and make sense.”

In addition, Rey will apparently form a strong connection with Luke. She was last seen approaching Luke on his remote planet carrying his old lightsaber, “both not knowing what’s going to happen and also having a lot of expectations in her head about how this is going to go.” Johnson added that she will have a bit of a coming-of-age arc.

“It very much feels like what we all go through in adolescence, the dawning of this new chapter of our lives,” he noted.

Much like the previous films, the concept of family will weave its way throughout the film. Especially for Rey, whose parental origin is currently unknown, this theme has been “a really powerful part of her setup and something I really wanted to dig into with this,” the director said.

Though Johnson did not reveal the title of the upcoming film, he said he’s had it in mind since he first started working on the film. “I’ll just blurt it out right now!” he joked. “All in good time.”

As the case often is with those working on the new “Star Wars” movies, Johnson grew up watching Skywalkers and Kenobis journey through a galaxy far, far away.

“It’s felt resonant and meaningful because it meant so much to me as a kid,” he said. “The creative work has felt like play.”

“Star Wars: Episode VIII” will premiere Dec. 15, 2017.

I think the Skywalkers and Kenobis part is NOT a qoute and an editorial comment... interesting nonetheless
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 11 Jan - 8:46

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-episode-viii-rian-johnson-1201956588/

After a difficult month for “Star Wars” fans, “Star Wars: Episode VIII” director Rian Johnson is giving them a little break. In an interview with USA Today (conducted prior to the death of star Carrie Fisher), Johnson divulged some of the first details the public will hear about the next installment in the space epic.

“I want it to be a blast and to be funny and to be a ride the way ‘The Force Awakens’ and the original ‘Star Wars’ movies were,” Johnson said.

Some of this fun will include time investigating the motivations of the hero trio, Rey, Finn, and Poe, while also revealing more about the mysterious histories of these starring characters.

“I wanted to know more about each of them, and that doesn’t just mean information or backstory,” Johnson said. “Figure out what’s the most difficult thing each of them could be challenged with now — let’s throw that at them and dig into what really makes them tick by seeing how they handle that.”

The iconic Luke Skywalker, played by Mark Hamill, will also appear from the get-go and keep coming back onscreen for more. Johnson knows Luke is a fan favorite, so he’s “approaching it with a take that I hope feels honest and real and is going to be interesting to folks and make sense.”

In addition, Rey will apparently form a strong connection with Luke. She was last seen approaching Luke on his remote planet carrying his old lightsaber, “both not knowing what’s going to happen and also having a lot of expectations in her head about how this is going to go.” Johnson added that she will have a bit of a coming-of-age arc.

“It very much feels like what we all go through in adolescence, the dawning of this new chapter of our lives,” he noted.

Much like the previous films, the concept of family will weave its way throughout the film. Especially for Rey, whose parental origin is currently unknown, this theme has been “a really powerful part of her setup and something I really wanted to dig into with this,” the director said.

Though Johnson did not reveal the title of the upcoming film, he said he’s had it in mind since he first started working on the film. “I’ll just blurt it out right now!” he joked. “All in good time.”

As the case often is with those working on the new “Star Wars” movies, Johnson grew up watching Skywalkers and Kenobis journey through a galaxy far, far away.

“It’s felt resonant and meaningful because it meant so much to me as a kid,” he said. “The creative work has felt like play.”

“Star Wars: Episode VIII” will premiere Dec. 15, 2017.

I think the Skywalkers and Kenobis part is NOT a qoute and an editorial comment... interesting nonetheless
@spacebaby45678

I liked how the Variety article framed Rey's part of VIII as being a coming of age story, very appropriate for both the digging deeper into the character after a constant chase (with some interesting interludes w/another character) in VII. At least better than how it's been phrased in most places about how it automatically means she's gonna become an old school Jedi.

Also on the multiple Kenobis, because the original Snoke dialogue that got scrapped but turned up in the ADF cringefest novel, we know what version of the truth Snoke tells Ben about Vader's death/failure (and hence the order to kill his own father). Sort of stands to reason that if he's telling him things from a certain point of view about Vader, he has to also have told him things from a certain point of view about the man he's named after. At least when I saw TFA for the first time and considered that Rey might have a connection to Obi-Wan, that'd make a Hell of a set up, either as a motivation for the very bad things which likely happened to her parents. Or if they decided to go full-on with a Romeo and Juliet type scenario.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Wed 11 Jan - 20:29

I stumbled upon this article by Anthony Breznican which was released in July 2015 (!). No one seemed to be interested back then. He always had this theory in mind, even before TFA was released. Intriguing.

http://ew.com/article/2015/07/08/star-wars-force-awakens-obi-wan-theory/
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Jan - 22:53

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 12 Jan - 14:21

The fans keep it coming cheers

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 12 Jan - 16:54

Hellhound Two - Rey's Home

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 2Q==

Hellhounds

They are often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and burial grounds, or undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural, such as hunting lost souls or guarding a supernatural treasure.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 13 Jan - 4:47

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Hellhound Two - Rey's Home

Hellhounds

They are often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and burial grounds, or undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural, such as hunting lost souls or guarding a supernatural treasure.

@spacebaby45678

Ooh, interesting! It makes sense though. Jakku is essentially a giant graveyard. Someone dumped Rey on Jakku in an attempt to bury her past or knowledge of who she is. And in the SW verse knowledge is power.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 14 Jan - 14:37

Always interesting to find GL's mythological inspirations

The account of Jacob wrestling with the angel is found in Genesis 32:22-32 and referenced elsewhere in Hosea 12:4. The account includes the renaming of Jacob as "Israel", literally "He who struggles with God."

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Dore-jakob-engel_grt

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Z

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Ceh4XijWwAAVV13
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Jan - 23:39

E I'M A SLEEP-DEPRIVED PIECE OF SHIPPER TRASH
But I saw the theory that Han and Ben’s surname is actually Organa due to Alderaan having a matriarchal society. SO if Ben is redeemed, Reylo be endgame, the Rey Kenobi theory is true, knots get tied, and Ben Organa upholds his mother’s traditions, THEN he would take on Rey’s surname and become Ben Kenobi THE VERY SAME JEDI HE WAS NAMED AFTER ???!!!%*÷, $>@*$???

I’m sorry. Forget i said anything. I’ll just be having a heart attack in the corner.

http://rooglelives.tumblr.com/post/155623301652/okay-so-maybe-im-a-sleep-deprived-piece-of
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Jan - 23:49

History repeats itself

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_ogpa4wppCZ1v3ekngo5_r1_400
ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_ogpa4wppCZ1v3ekngo6_r1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum