ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

Post by Little_Boots on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:11 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Little_Boots wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:One more, why would Ren want revenge or to kill someone he has a force bond with?
@spacebaby45678

Do you not think he'll be angry at Rey? Just curious
@Little_Boots

Feeling rejected and angry does not equal revenge and killing. A little extreme, no? I have faith in them Solo genes. He has not given up on his agenda, be it "teacher" or ahem whatever else that boy has in mind.....
@spacebaby45678

I agree but he has to show some anger I believe at Rey, I think it fits better to the story
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:11 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:I always entertain myself by trying to imagine what life would be like for Kylo if Rey had agreed to be his student.

Kylo: Lessons start at 5am you better be awake!

5am comes.

Rey wakes to find Kylo peeking through a keyhole of her bedroom!!! >____>
@Little_Boots

Or as someone (I forget who) alluded to on another thread, just think of how much easier of a time he would have had building something with Rey if he hadn't killed Han, and they'd all just gone home in the MF together?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:12 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Ok, which is it? Did Ren let Rey beat him on purpose, or is Instant Jedi Rey just that strong in the force? And, if Ren lost on purpose why does he need revenge?
@spacebaby45678

I don't think he lost on purpose. He was just exhausted and overcome by that point. His strength had been ebbing away over the course of the fight, and he simply wasn't any match for Rey by the end of it. She was single minded and clearly fixed on her goal, perfectly attuned with the Force, whereas Kylo was a mental and physical mess. He didn't want to lose or let Rey win - he was just incapable of matching her. That's why his defeat will sting.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:14 pm

I'm at home with food poisoning, hope the rest of you are having a better Saturday. And maybe this should be spun off into a separate thread about the ramifications of this specific spoiler vis potential character development (losing the mask, etc) in TFA?

I kind of look at it this way, there have been rumors that the first time she gets in his mind, she sees something that makes her hopeful he'll accept Han's request to come back with them. Meaning she hopes he comes with them because she wants to get to know him, spend time with him. She sees something in there about a man she'd like to get to know. When he follows through with killing Han, that's why she goes after him in such a personal and vicious manner. It's about what he did to Han and Finn, but it's more about how badly he hurt/disappointed her and what she briefly hoped for (being able to get to know him/spend time with him). His offer to teach her is many things is sort of the same thing - he sees something in her that makes him hope that they can spend time and get to know each other. And there is a sexual/romantic element considering how some of us have thought it's a very typical male thing to do when one is interested in a woman. But it's not an offer to show her the Darkside or any mention of Snoke. Same thing, it's a hope of the two of them going forward together. And when she rejects it, it stands to reason that he will feel equally as hurt/angry/personal in his response. Plus he's been packed back off to Snoke, who's been brainwashing him since childhood to begin with, and whose greatest fear is that the Resistance will be able to reach Luke (has happened) and that there will be the rise of "the new Jedi" (which is Rey). So his return to her is going to full of Sound and Fury, thanks to both feeling personally rejected and further manipulation by Snoke.

In regards to other stories where I could do a comparison, don't tell a lot of my lady friends, but I've never really watched Buffy (or the Gilmore Girls, those two give me a headache). But Ren could be like Helena in Orphan Black. Who starts out as the brainwashed antagonist who's out to kill off the other characters. Including a really bloody, vicious showdown with the main protagonist. But the writers have evolved her so that she continues to be true to herself, but has also evolved to become fiercly loyal and loving to the characters she was originally set out to kill. So he might be the same way - still mad, bad, and dangerous to know. But through the course of butting heads and fighting with Rey, evolves into the person closest/most loyal to her. Thing is that they haven't given the full backstory yet, both what happened with his parents and Luke and more critical, what Snoke has been doing to him. The main key is getting him alone with Rey on that island will start to crack whatever hold Snoke has over him. She managed to change both Finn and Han's trajectories to making harder/more mature choices just by being with them. Hopefully that same natural leadership will have the same influence on Ren.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:17 pm

@nonesuch wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Ok, which is it? Did Ren let Rey beat him on purpose, or is Instant Jedi Rey just that strong in the force? And, if Ren lost on purpose why does he need revenge?
@spacebaby45678

I don't think he lost on purpose. He was just exhausted and overcome by that point. His strength had been ebbing away over the course of the fight, and he simply wasn't any match for Rey by the end of it. She was single minded and clearly fixed on her goal, perfectly attuned with the Force, whereas Kylo was a mental and physical mess. He didn't want to lose or let Rey win - he was just incapable of matching her. That's why his defeat will sting.
@nonesuch

Yeah, men are always weak and sleepy after finding force or whatever...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:20 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@nonesuch

@spacebaby45678

I don't think it's unreasonable for a man to be weak and exhausted after:

- Killing his own father.
- Being shot in the side by a crossbow bolt shown to send lesser mortals flying back by a dozen feet.
- Chasing two people through a snowy forest with said wound.
- Getting stabbed with a lightsaber by Finn.
- Being wounded in an assortment of inventive, humiliating and painful ways by Rey.

To be honest, it's a miracle that he kept on going for as long as he did. I don't really get the desire for Kylo to be an invincible super man, to tell you the truth, but to each their own.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:22 pm

Also mom & dad were fighting at the beginning of ESB and dad was pretty vicious in his comments because she rejected his similar offer to be a teacher. And even when the roof was falling in on the base because of an attack, he stuck around and made sure to get her out of there (fighting the entire time, but at least moving towards working together)

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@nonesuch

@spacebaby45678 HAHAHA! He did have that sad "call me?" look before she ran off back into the woods to find Finn.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:25 pm

@snufkin wrote:I'm at home with food poisoning, hope the rest of you are having a better Saturday. And maybe this should be spun off into a separate thread about the ramifications of this specific spoiler vis potential character development (losing the mask, etc) in TFA?

I kind of look at it this way, there have been rumors that the first time she gets in his mind, she sees something that makes her hopeful he'll accept Han's request to come back with them. Meaning she hopes he comes with them because she wants to get to know him, spend time with him. She sees something in there about a man she'd like to get to know. When he follows through with killing Han, that's why she goes after him in such a personal and vicious manner. It's about what he did to Han and Finn, but it's more about how badly he hurt/disappointed her and what she briefly hoped for (being able to get to know him/spend time with him). His offer to teach her is many things is sort of the same thing - he sees something in her that makes him hope that they can spend time and get to know each other. And there is a sexual/romantic element considering how some of us have thought it's a very typical male thing to do when one is interested in a woman. But it's not an offer to show her the Darkside or any mention of Snoke. Same thing, it's a hope of the two of them going forward together. And when she rejects it, it stands to reason that he will feel equally as hurt/angry/personal in his response. Plus he's been packed back off to Snoke, who's been brainwashing him since childhood to begin with, and whose greatest fear is that the Resistance will be able to reach Luke (has happened) and that there will be the rise of "the new Jedi" (which is Rey). So his return to her is going to full of Sound and Fury, thanks to both feeling personally rejected and further manipulation by Snoke.

In regards to other stories where I could do a comparison, don't tell a lot of my lady friends, but I've never really watched Buffy (or the Gilmore Girls, those two give me a headache). But Ren could be like Helena in Orphan Black. Who starts out as the brainwashed antagonist who's out to kill off the other characters. Including a really bloody, vicious showdown with the main protagonist. But the writers have evolved her so that she continues to be true to herself, but has also evolved to become fiercly loyal and loving to the characters she was originally set out to kill. So he might be the same way - still mad, bad, and dangerous to know. But through the course of butting heads and fighting with Rey, evolves into the person closest/most loyal to her. Thing is that they haven't given the full backstory yet, both what happened with his parents and Luke and more critical, what Snoke has been doing to him. The main key is getting him alone with Rey on that island will start to crack whatever hold Snoke has over him. She managed to change both Finn and Han's trajectories to making harder/more mature choices just by being with them. Hopefully that same natural leadership will have the same influence on Ren.
@snufkin

Get well, soon!

Recently, I watched the third season of Oprhan Black (which unfortunately haven't like so far), but concerning Helena, I had the same thought. And she really was a bad*** antagonist, I didn't expect her to become such a "likeable" character.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:25 pm

@snufkin wrote:I'm at home with food poisoning, hope the rest of you are having a better Saturday. And maybe this should be spun off into a separate thread about the ramifications of this specific spoiler vis potential character development (losing the mask, etc) in TFA?

@snufkin

Food poisoning is the worst! I'm so sorry!

Re: the bolded... I don't feel like we've talked about it on here much, but that's certainly how I saw Daisy play things. Him killing Han was a betrayal of who she thought he was. And that rumor of what she saw in his head would certainly support that.

So, we've got Rey at the start of the snow fight feeling betrayed by Kylo. And then at the end of the snow fight, we've got Kylo feeling betrayed by Rey (after she rejected him and slashed his face). So, by the end of the movie, we've got two characters who seem to have legitimate reasons for expecting "more" from the other, only to be let down.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:30 pm

@nonesuch wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@nonesuch

@spacebaby45678

I don't think it's unreasonable for a man to be weak and exhausted after:

- Killing his own father.
- Being shot in the side by a crossbow bolt shown to send lesser mortals flying back by a dozen feet.
- Chasing two people through a snowy forest with said wound.
- Getting stabbed with a lightsaber by Finn.
- Being wounded in an assortment of inventive, humiliating and painful ways by Rey.

To be honest, it's a miracle that he kept on going for as long as he did. I don't really get the desire for Kylo to be an invincible super man, to tell you the truth, but to each their own.
@nonesuch

I agree with you, It was just a joke, good timing and all

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 - Page 37 Hqdefault

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:43 pm

@snufkin or Snuffy as I shall affectionately call you, please get well soon x
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:44 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@snufkin get better soon!

Guys, why do you make of rumors that Luke killed Rey's parents, aside the fact that they are significant departure from Reywalker? I find them too Luke-centric to be honest, because that would shift the main conflict from Rey/Kylo to Rey/Luke. You can't do that midway through after establishing your pirmary protagonist/antagonist dynamics.
@vaderito

Get outa town!!!! Is this actually a legit rumor? I like it. Depending on circumstances of course
@Little_Boots

It's not legit cause it isn't from a legit source. It's floating around on reddit, 4chan and some Disqus sites.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 4:57 pm

Thanks guys. The saddest thing about food poisoning is feeling like it's a hangover without at least getting the fun of drinking first.

@echobase - they're kind of at this point right now.  
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mteim1oFmS1rbuuddo1_250

All the clones are great but there's something extra special and endearing about Helena once she gets past the vengeful assassin stage. And she seems to have been abused/conditioned the same way Ren in, until she's able to break free and find people she cares fiercely about (after having fought to the death with them) . So that's kind of my hope of where they go with him. Still kind of a berzerker, but fiercly loyal to Rey. Other similar character I can think of with same arc and also science fiction is River Song on Doctor Who. Not always the best logic in Steven Moffat's writing, but goes from being kidnapped and groomed as a child to be the assasin of the hero and ends up being staunchest ally/lover/spouse/partner in crime.

@ISeeAnIsland - She's had time to learn more about him when he finally shows up on Ache-Too which mitigates some of how angry/devastated she felt by his actions. And maybe some of that is what causes the rumored hut explosion. So it stands to reason that he's also going to feel angry/rejected in a similar manner.

@vaderito - I've seen that theory and it could be interesting. I tend to think that Snoke and his creepy relic hunting/children kidnapping campaign from the behind the scenes is connected to both her being stranded on Jakku and the disappearance of her parents.  For sure Luke's going to be bonkers and she's probably not going to have as easy a time getting to know him like she had with Han.

@Little_Boots - I get a nickname? You're too sweet. Snuffy is also Big Bird's imaginary friend on Sesame Street.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:06 pm

@snufkin yea nicknames are awesome! My real life nickname is Orlando lol
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:06 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

Feeling rejected and angry does not equal revenge and killing. A little extreme, no? I have faith in them Solo genes. He has not given up on his agenda, be it "teacher" or ahem whatever else that boy has in mind.....

This is why I think a lot of viewers totally missed the callbacks to ESB in a lot of the scenes of Rey and Ren, both separately and together (it's not a coincidence that she lives in a downed AT-AT). The more complicated/dark/mature storyline comes together with those two. And besides whatever Personal Interests agenda he has going on (which one suspects has to do with why he broke with Luke and submitted to Snoke despite clearly struggling with both the DS and FO),  he's very persistently and confrontationally interest in Rey the same way Han was with Leia. And he's in deep with Snoke same way Han was with Jabba.

Also let's not forget that Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote Han and Leia in ESB, also wrote Indy and Marian in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and wrote/directed Body Heat, played a role in shaping these two characters

So it's not all just "Ways of the Force" in his interest/offer to her.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:10 pm

@BenRey wrote:Some are speculating that's the conversation that Luke tries to stop Reylo from having. Exploding hut....

Episode V: "I am your father"
Episode Viii: "I killed your father"
@BenRey

Episode VIII: "I am not your father"
Episode VIII: " I killed your father" "Then I dumped your scrawny hide off on Jakku to slave and starve as a scavenger for Unkar Plutt.....But, I am the good guy and I can teach you the ways of the force." Luke
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:11 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@BenRey wrote:Some are speculating that's the conversation that Luke tries to stop Reylo from having. Exploding hut....

@BenRey

Episode VIII: " I killed your father" "Then I dumped your scrawny hide off on Jakku to slave and starve as a scavenger for Unkar Plutt.....But, I am the good guy and I can teach you the ways of the force." Luke
@spacebaby45678

This is getting out of hand lol!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:17 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:@snufkin yea nicknames are awesome! My real life nickname is Orlando lol
@Little_Boots

I have a name that people assume they can shorten as a nickname, but my actual nickname is a portmanteau of my first and middle initials.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:17 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@BenRey

@spacebaby45678

@Maria Antonietta

Next we'd find out that Luke is going to hold Rey and Ren hostage on the island. Rolling Eyes
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:23 pm

@MissG wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@BenRey

@spacebaby45678

@Maria Antonietta

Next we'd find out that Luke is going to hold Rey and Ren hostage on the island. Rolling Eyes
@MissG

Holding them hostage and forcing them to breed Force Babies! WTH
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:23 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

This is why I think a lot of viewers totally missed the callbacks to ESB in a lot of the scenes of Rey and Ren, both separately and together (it's not a coincidence that she lives in a downed AT-AT). The more complicated/dark/mature storyline comes together with those two. And besides whatever Personal Interests agenda he has going on (which one suspects has to do with why he broke with Luke and submitted to Snoke despite clearly struggling with both the DS and FO), he's very persistently and confrontationally interest in Rey the same way Han was with Leia. And he's in deep with Snoke same way Han was with Jabba.

@snufkin

ITA totally, and that is why I don't believe in a regressed Kylo looking for revenge. Will he pretend for Snoke, and Hux that is what he is after, of course because his personal survival will depend upon it. If Reylo have a force bond, then they have been making some sort of progress in the short time between EP7 & 8. Dreams, visions or whatever, dollars to donuts both Luke & Rey know Kylo is coming, before he gets there.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:27 pm

@spacebaby45678 - boy exists solely because his father was so spun on his mother that he stuck around Echo Base long after he should've gone back to Jabba to pay off his debts to the point that he was dragging her out of there while the roof was falling in, Vader was approaching, and she was still insulting him. They'll go to great lengths and beyond logic once they're interested in a woman. I think most of us are just impatient to skip ahead to the "trapped together and have to talk/cooperate with sexual tension" part because that dynamic between them was teased in TFA.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:30 pm

@snufkin wrote:@spacebaby45678 - boy exists solely because his father was so spun on his mother that he stuck around Echo Base long after he should've gone back to Jabba to pay off his debts to the point that he was dragging her out of there while the roof was falling in, Vader was approaching, and she was still insulting him. They'll go to great lengths and beyond logic once they're interested in a woman. I think most of us are just impatient to skip ahead to the "trapped together and have to talk/cooperate with sexual tension" part because that dynamic between them was teased in TFA.
@snufkin

Guilty as charged. Patience has never been a strong suit of mine (unless it involves children).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:34 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@spacebaby45678 - boy exists solely because his father was so spun on his mother that he stuck around Echo Base long after he should've gone back to Jabba to pay off his debts to the point that he was dragging her out of there while the roof was falling in, Vader was approaching, and she was still insulting him. They'll go to great lengths and beyond logic once they're interested in a woman. I think most of us are just impatient to skip ahead to the "trapped together and have to talk/cooperate with sexual tension" part because that dynamic between them was teased in TFA.
@snufkin

Guilty as charged. Patience has never been a strong suit of mine (unless it involves children).
@ISeeAnIsland

That was the biggest shock to me, how they were set up with these very straight forward storylines (Beautiful Adventure Gang and Emo Hamlet Bad Guy) so when the two of them converge, my brain was like "What the Hell is going on here?" and then "OMG this is awesome." Like hurry up because they play off of each other better than the other characters and pushed those scenes into ESB level greatness. Moar!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG on Sat 28 May 2016, 5:35 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@MissG wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@BenRey

Episode VIII: " I killed your father"  "Then I dumped your scrawny hide off on Jakku to slave and starve as a scavenger for Unkar Plutt.....But, I am the good guy and I can teach you the ways of the force."  Luke
@spacebaby45678

@Maria Antonietta

@MissG

Holding them hostage and forcing them to breed Force Babies!  WTH
@ISeeAnIsland

No doubt he is going to "hold a candle" too. affraid
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum