ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by Guest on Mon 30 May 2016, 8:25 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:These are the same guys who first broached the fact that since Kylo is the last Skywalker "someone is gonna have to get down" or however they put it, haha. They know more than they let on. As a tumblr user, tumblr is effing silly. The people overreacting are the hardcore shippers who likely stay in the Reylo bubble and don't branch out to other facets of SW, such as the MSW podcast, and don't know the context of their jokes.
@MeadowofAshes

Agreed! I think it's pretty telling that they brought it up in the first place. I don't think Jason would have been allowed to inject little snippets of "there are things we know but can't talk about" regarding Reylo, if it wasn't a thing. Meh, take it with a grain of salt, everyone. I honestly think they're teasing us. This is why I don't have a tumblr account, LOL. But I do think Reylo is canon. I wouldn't be shipping it if I believed they were related. I sincerely do not think they are. I wouldn't read too much into the teasing nod to Reylo in the podcast - for all we know, maybe they took a jab to ensure that people didn't feel they were playing favorites. In any event, what's been divulged and leaked so far leads me to believe it's happening, one way or another.

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 30 May 2016, 8:33 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:These are the same guys who first broached the fact that since Kylo is the last Skywalker "someone is gonna have to get down" or however they put it, haha. They know more than they let on. As a tumblr user, tumblr is effing silly. The people overreacting are the hardcore shippers who likely stay in the Reylo bubble and don't branch out to other facets of SW, such as the MSW podcast, and don't know the context of their jokes.
@MeadowofAshes

Agreed! I think it's pretty telling that they brought it up in the first place. I don't think Jason would have been allowed to inject little snippets of "there are things we know but can't talk about" regarding Reylo, if it wasn't a thing. Meh, take it with a grain of salt, everyone. I honestly think they're teasing us. This is why I don't have a tumblr account, LOL. But I do think Reylo is canon. I wouldn't be shipping it if I believed they were related. I sincerely do not think they are. I wouldn't read too much into the teasing nod to Reylo in the podcast - for all we know, maybe they took a jab to ensure that people didn't feel they were playing favorites. In any event, what's been divulged and leaked so far leads me to believe it's happening, one way or another.
@RandomObserver
Most of us have been listening to the MSW podcasts for a while now so we're not hearing the joke out-of-context. Tumblr will hear it that way, and Tumblr will overreact because that's what Tumblr does.

I wouldn't even say they're teasing. They joke about everything. And come on, from what I've seen some of the hardcore Reylos are obsessed with Rey and Kylo making babies and getting married. There are many levels of this fandom, and there's even a rift between people who were veteran "shippers" and people who give no f***s about shipping and see this as the natural progression of the narrative the writers have already started. I'm part of the latter category.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May 2016, 8:37 pm

I bet that most shippers who got their panties in a twist never listened to a single MSW podcast, likely don't know WTF MSW is, but read some shipper goggles-colored version of what was said on Tumblr and are now panicking for no reason. While Jason&co are laughing all the way to the bank cause everything's proceeding as they have foreseen. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 30 May 2016, 8:55 pm

I don't get how anyone who has kept up to date on information can still think Rey is a Skywalker. Particularly after the new canon we got from Bloodline. If Rey is a Skywalker, either Luke is the worst father ever or he didn't know about her. Which means whoever he had her with just ran off, decided not to tell him, and then dumped the kid on a horrible desert planet. None of those sound like a good story to me.

It's disappointing that more people haven't accepted Rey Nobody/Anyone But Skywalker so we can see more actual interesting speculation go around instead of speculation that's limited from being attached to a theory that's all but dead. And we could see more people branch out with their theories, which I imagine would *gasp* start to align more with our view than they'd like to admit. We're not pulling all of this out of our collective butts, after all, no matter how much they'd like to think that!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Mon 30 May 2016, 9:04 pm

Yeah it's actually starting to stress me out seeing other people stress about such a non-event, LOL. Jason and co legit make fun of every theory out there, but none more than Reywalker at this point. The accent they put on for 'deadbeat dad Luke' kills me. They know that sith is ridiculous, especially now Bloodline is out.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May 2016, 9:15 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I don't get how anyone who has kept up to date on information can still think Rey is a Skywalker. Particularly after the new canon we got from Bloodline. If Rey is a Skywalker, either Luke is the worst father ever or he didn't know about her. Which means whoever he had her with just ran off, decided not to tell him, and then dumped the kid on a horrible desert planet. None of those sound like a good story to me.

It's disappointing that more people haven't accepted Rey Nobody/Anyone But Skywalker so we can see more actual interesting speculation go around instead of speculation that's limited from being attached to a theory that's all but dead. And we could see more people branch out with their theories, which I imagine would *gasp* start to align more with our view than they'd like to admit. We're not pulling all of this out of our collective butts, after all, no matter how much they'd like to think that!
@ZioRen

MSW definitely doesn't think she's a Skywalker. They knew she wasn't since June 2015. But anyway, they make fun of everything (especially deadbeat dad Luke) and because Reylo is such prosecuted fandom, some reylos took those jokes hard which is missing the point entirely. This isn't about what they said about Reylo but that they addressed Reylo existence at all. It's an un-utterable word in many Internet places but a popular podcast today addressed it and acknowledged that we exist. That's the big deal, not how they did it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May 2016, 9:20 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:Yeah it's actually starting to stress me out seeing other people stress about such a non-event, LOL. Jason and co legit make fun of every theory out there, but none more than Reywalker at this point. The accent they put on for 'deadbeat dad Luke' kills me. They know that sith is ridiculous, especially now Bloodline is out.
@BastilaBey

It isn't a non event at all but they are looking for event in all the wrong places. Addressing Reylo is an event. 6 months after the movie came out, revered podcast that addressed every other pairing (for those who hate word ship)  and has been dancing around Reylo for last few weeks, finally uttered the name of the pairing. As humorous as their style may be, ice is broken. Why is this fact flying over so many heads is beyond me.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Empty MSW Podcasts discussion

Post by ZioRen on Mon 30 May 2016, 9:21 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@ZioRen

MSW definitely doesn't think she's a Skywalker. They knew she wasn't since June 2015. But anyway, they make fun of everything (especially deadbeat dad Luke) and because Reylo is such prosecuted fandom, some reylos took those jokes hard which is missing the point entirely. This isn't about what they said about Reylo but that they addressed Reylo existence at all. It's an un-utterable word in many Internet places but a popular podcast today addressed it and acknowledged that we exist. That's the big deal, not how they did it.
@vaderito

Oh yeah, I'm more generally "ranting" at a few of the fan spaces I've been in and the way I've seen people speculate there. Not even including antis in this because they're full on hopeless.

MSW clearly isn't taking Reylo seriously yet, but they've admitted that they've been hearing some interesting things. And they were the ones who even brought the word 'romance' to the table, even if they backtracked afterwards and said that the specific spoiler they had didn't involve romance. And now they're mentioning a possibility that nobody ever wants to bring up, even if it's just to joke. Quite regularly these days, actually. That should tell all us Reylos something, no matter how much they poke fun at it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 30 May 2016, 9:25 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:Yeah it's actually starting to stress me out seeing other people stress about such a non-event, LOL. Jason and co legit make fun of every theory out there, but none more than Reywalker at this point. The accent they put on for 'deadbeat dad Luke' kills me. They know that sith is ridiculous, especially now Bloodline is out.
@BastilaBey

It isn't a non event at all but they are looking for event in all the wrong places. Addressing Reylo is an event. 6 months after the movie came out, revered podcast that addressed every other pairing (for those who hate word ship)  and has been dancing around Reylo for last few weeks, finally uttered the name of the pairing. As humorous as their style may be, ice is broken. Why is this fact flying over so many heads is beyond me.
@vaderito
I don't particularly care about anyone using the ship name (I don't even like using it)... it just didn't feel like their joke was really mean-spirited. They joke about everything like that. It's just the way they are. They don't know how the story is going to progress beyond a few vague spoilers and maybe a few things they aren't yet allowed to discuss openly.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Mon 30 May 2016, 9:25 pm

@vaderito Eh, I dunno about that. They may not have said the word 'Reylo' (because it's not even a word), but Jason has said more than once that Rey's feelings will change and that something more has to go down between the two of them. Because if you know they're not related, there aren't many more options.

You can either get a nuanced form of enemies, where they come to a mutual understanding that's somewhat grounded in compassion, but Kylo does not seek redemption. Or, you can get a platonic form of BatB, but that's discounting the charged atmosphere of all of their shared scenes - which you can't fail to notice once you don't see them as related. Or, you can come to the same conclusion as an increasing number of people - that these two are set up to have an intense yin/yang spiritual dynamic, which is likely to manifest eventually as romantic because we are watching a fairytale that children understand. The potential overall directions for the story are quite limited, even if we don't know the exact ways it will end up playing out.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Tue 31 May 2016, 3:50 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

LOL I like that they even brought up Reylo, even if it was in a joking manner...it can't be ignored any longer, especially in the light of recent developments and spoilers....
@Mana

Tumblr overreacts cause, in reality, that MSW addressed "Elephant in the Room" is huge step. They had to start with humor and than they'll take it from there. But how else you break the ice about something that had to be addressed but nobody does it because reasons, whatever those reasons are? Humor.
@vaderito

Well, addressing the ship it's something itself, I think, but... sincerely, I am a bit tired of fanboys attitude about this ship (no I don't like this word myself but I use it just so I am clear) and the humor isn't enough for me anymore. And I am myself very playful most of the time about everything! But after months of open derision I would like to be rewarded with a serious talk about Rey and Kylo Ren interaction in TFA without fanboys goggles on, and a calm debate with the aknowledging of a possible romance in VIII. Because I am tired of hardcore SW fans online attitude, that's why. I am not a delusional romantic fluffy fangirl. Quite the opposite. And I deserve respect and a serious recognition like Lando/Boba Fett/Han Solo/EU/Yoda lovers. I am a fan too.
So I hope that, from the humorous aknowledge, we will move to something less silly with time.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:17 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:They're 100% joshing with the cousins thing, guys - they know Reylos are listening and are revelling in it. They refer to starting a Reylo "civil war" (which is entirely accurate, btw).
@nonesuch

Oh. They know. Lol.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Image10

Shortly thereafter:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Image11

I retweet SW Connection podcast episodes and links to metas and such so... Maybe Jason will get curious. Wink
@MeadowofAshes

Hey, I'm following you! *smiles and waves*
Btw, what does he mean with that answer?
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:21 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

LOL I like that they even brought up Reylo, even if it was in a joking manner...it can't be ignored any longer, especially in the light of recent developments and spoilers....
@Mana

Tumblr overreacts cause, in reality, that MSW addressed "Elephant in the Room" is huge step. They had to start with humor and than they'll take it from there. But how else you break the ice about something that had to be addressed but nobody does it because reasons, whatever those reasons are? Humor.
@vaderito

Well, addressing the ship it's something itself, I think, but... sincerely, I am a bit tired of fanboys attitude about this ship (no I don't like this word myself but I use it just so I am clear) and the humor isn't enough for me anymore. And I am myself very playful most of the time about everything! But after months of open derision I would like to be rewarded with a serious talk about Rey and Kylo Ren interaction in TFA without fanboys goggles on, and a calm debate with the aknowledging of a possible romance in VIII. Because I am tired of hardcore SW fans online attitude, that's why. I am not a delusional romantic fluffy fangirl. Quite the opposite. And I deserve respect and a serious recognition like Lando/Boba Fett/Han Solo/EU/Yoda lovers. I am a fan too.
So I hope that, from the humorous aknowledge, we will move to something less silly with time.
@ZenBrainJam

Agreed.
And I think that our podcast project is a nice step in the recognizing the female approach to fanbase.
By female - I mean all of the aspects of it, not only delusional romantic fluffy fangirls - which unfortunately is the only term that is usually used when referring mainly female fandom.
I am also tired of fanboy attitude - though we should all have keep in mind that this attitude is a traditional one and we ll have to put much effort to be recognized as a serious fandom.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:28 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

@ZenBrainJam

Agreed.
And I think that our podcast project is a nice step in the recognizing the female approach to fanbase.
By female - I mean all of the aspects of it, not only delusional romantic fluffy fangirls - which unfortunately is the only term that is usually used when referring mainly female fandom.
I am also tired of fanboy attitude - though we should all have keep in mind that this attitude is a traditional one and we ll have to put much effort to be recognized as a serious fandom.

@Darth_Awakened

Well probably it's true but it's not fair. I am in this fandom from the very very beginning, why I need to be patient? Why I need to make an effort to be recognized as a true fan? I am older than a lot of stupid silly fanboys with reywalker goggles. I must be patient? They should ask me permission to stay into this fandom despite their dullness, not the other way around!
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:36 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

@ZenBrainJam

Well said.

I know that Jason and Co. always joke around. I don't really care anymore. Fanboys will be fanboys Wink.
But I'm also tired of being stigmatized as a "shallow fangirl", just because I find Kylo Ren compelling and fascinating. It was ok with Luke back in the day, now what's the difference?

And yes, I have also been a hardcore-fan before, and it's is funny how I always have to emphasize that, because otherwise I'm afraid I am not taken seriously, especially when I mention, that Kylo Ren is my favorite Star Wars character so far (no, somehow it usually has to be Han Solo or Luke or of course Boba Fett etc.). So, I know what you mean. *sighs*

For me, Reylo is all about the dynamic between these two gorgeous characters, something we haven't had before in Star Wars. And that's huge, I'm really grateful for that.
All I want is tension, struggling with the dark/light side and a strong bond between the protagonist and antagonist, multidimensional characters and of course a good story. That's it.
What's so difficult to talk about it on a serious level? Did they never except the Star Wars to get so deep and multifaceted?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:38 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:They're 100% joshing with the cousins thing, guys - they know Reylos are listening and are revelling in it. They refer to starting a Reylo "civil war" (which is entirely accurate, btw).
@nonesuch

Oh. They know. Lol.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Image10

Shortly thereafter:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Image11

I retweet SW Connection podcast episodes and links to metas and such so... Maybe Jason will get curious. Wink
@MeadowofAshes

Hey, I'm following you! *smiles and waves*
Btw, what does he mean with that answer?
@Maria Antonietta

That he's Switzerland? He means that he's unbiased and neutral.

@MeadowofAshes: good job, btw.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:42 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

@ZenBrainJam

I couldn't agree more. Though in my opinion, they don't have to acknowledge Reylo; acknowledge or don't acknowledge anything you like, guys, just refrain from showing such open disdain towards your fellow SW fans.

If they don't see Reylo as a possibility for the story, they could state their reasons why. That's what they've done with Rey Skywalker. But they don't because they see as well as we do that Reylo is a distinct possibility. Instead, they skirt around the issue and decide to bring it up in a roundabout way by taking jabs at "shippers" because that's an easy thing to do. Like shooting fish in a barrel, I guess. Look at those idiot fangirls who think that Rey and Kylo should get marrieeeed and make baybeeez, har har har. (Oh by the way we think that might happen too but we can't say that because we don't want to sound like idiot fangirls.)

Reylo is too girlie-o to be taken seriously, though you can tell they're dying to broach the subject. They just can't come up with a way to do so that would enable them to come out of it with their masculinity intact. LOL.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 31 May 2016, 4:56 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

@ZenBrainJam

I couldn't agree more. Though in my opinion, they don't have to acknowledge Reylo; acknowledge or don't acknowledge anything you like, guys, just refrain from showing such open disdain towards your fellow SW fans.

If they don't see Reylo as a possibility for the story, they could state their reasons why. But they don't because they see as well as we do that it's a distinct possibility. Instead, they skirt around the issue and decide to bring it up in a roundabout way by taking jabs at "shippers" because that's an easy thing to do. Like shooting fish in a barrel, I guess. Look at those idiot fangirls who think that Rey and Kylo should get marrieeeed and make baybeeez, har har har. (Oh by the way we think that might happen too but we can't say that because we don't want to sound like idiot fangirls.)

Reylo is too girlie-o to be taken seriously, though you can tell they're dying to broach the subject. They just can't come up with a way to do so that would enable them to come out of it with their masculinity intact. LOL.
@Darth Dingbat

Hey, it was Jason who mentioned that Kylo and Rey seem to stand together in an affectionate state in that particular scene. Not the "Reylos".
It was him to set the ball rolling Wink.

And I think there was a guy in some other forum who blamed it for that and was accusing him of sympathizing with reylo-fans to get more readers, or something like that. That was really harsh.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:07 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

Well, addressing the ship it's something itself, I think, but... sincerely, I am a bit tired of fanboys attitude about this[b] ship [/b](no I don't like this word myself but I use it just so I am clear) and the humor isn't enough for me anymore. And I am myself very playful most of the time about everything! But after months of open derision I would like to be rewarded with a serious talk about Rey and Kylo Ren interaction in TFA without fanboys goggles on, and a calm debate with the aknowledging of a possible romance in VIII. Because I am tired of hardcore SW fans online attitude, that's why. I am not a delusional romantic fluffy fangirl. Quite the opposite. And I deserve respect and a serious recognition like Lando/Boba Fett/Han Solo/EU/Yoda lovers. I am a fan too.
@ZenBrainJam

If they don't see Reylo as a possibility for the story, they could state their reasons why. That's what they've done with Rey Skywalker. But they don't because they see as well as we do that Reylo is a distinct possibility. Instead, they skirt around the issue and decide to bring it up in a roundabout way by taking jabs at "shippers" because that's an easy thing to do. Like shooting fish in a barrel, I guess. Look at those idiot fangirls who think that Rey and Kylo should get marrieeeed and make baybeeez, har har har. (Oh by the way we think that might happen too but we can't say that because we don't want to sound like idiot fangirls.)

@Darth Dingbat

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 6 Giphy-10

Thank you! This has been irking me since last night.... I wanted to write something similar... I will not defend these anti intellectual fan boys and their obvious trolling and bullying... they need to be outed, why don't they troll the fanboys still carrying on a discussion about Reywalker after the plethora of evidence out there against it? I will not make fun of other women, young women or disown them even if they have " overreacted" on tumblr,

Some of the best art work, poetry, fan vids, metas, and analysis are on tumblr ....And I don't think Jason should be overly congratulated for throwing a bone to Reylos Twisted Evil
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:12 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

@ZenBrainJam

@Darth Dingbat

I completly agree.I know they joke about everything but some people just don't enjoy being made fun of since they spend time analyzing and writing metas about this pairing and characters(and yes I also include tumblr fans though tumblr can be very toxic environemnt).Like I'm pretty sure they've given more thoughs the storyline and character mtvations then these guys have so I can understand where they're coming from when they complain they're making fun of.
Didn't these same guys speculate that there needed to be more Skywalker babies so something should happen between Kylo and Rey?What makes them so different than those who enjoy and ship Reylo?

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:20 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

@ZenBrainJam

Agreed.

@Darth_Awakened

Well probably it's true but it's not fair. I am in this fandom from the very very beginning, why I need to be patient? Why I need to make an effort to be recognized as a true fan? I am older than a lot of stupid silly fanboys with reywalker goggles. I must be patient? They should ask me permission to stay into this fandom despite their dullness, not the other way around!
@ZenBrainJam

No, it s not fair at all. But, hey they do not need us in the fandom, by us - I mean our approach, they have been talking about X-wing enigines for ages and they can probably talk about it till the end of time.
It would be interesting to see their reaction and answer to the question: Why do they think that comparing the fictional spaceship s engines is more acceptable and not the subject of mocking than discussing the pairing of two fictional characters which is heavily implied in the narrative?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:28 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Reylo is too girlie-o to be taken seriously, though you can tell they're dying to broach the subject. They just can't come up with a way to do so that would enable them to come out of it with their masculinity intact. LOL.

Sometimes I'm really glad the Marvel fandom is so different from the SW fandom. The people who get agitated at the mention of reylo would have probably eaten their own faces while watching Captain America: Civil War 'cause they set up Vision x Wanda in that movie (and that pairing can be somewhat compared to Sheldon Cooper x Penny/TBBT comparison).

@EchoBase wrote:Hey, it was Jason who mentioned that Kylo and Rey seem to stand together in an affectionate state in that particular scene. Not the "Reylos".

And I think there was a guy in some other forum who blamed it for that and was accusing him of sympathizing with reylo-fans to get more readers, or something like that. That was really harsh.

And this is why I'm not surprised or offended in the slightest by their last podcast. Like Pablo, they have to remain neutral if they want to avoid hate-sh!tstorms and not risk losing a big chunk of their audience. Especially not because of a 'leak' which turned out to be false anyway (like they'd shoot reylo-esque scenes - or any other emotionally-charged, important-for-the-story scenes - in public places, ha!).
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:43 am

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Reylo is too girlie-o to be taken seriously, though you can tell they're dying to broach the subject. They just can't come up with a way to do so that would enable them to come out of it with their masculinity intact. LOL.

Sometimes I'm really glad the Marvel fandom is so different from the SW fandom. The people who get agitated at the mention of reylo would have probably eaten their own faces while watching Captain America: Civil War 'cause they set up Vision x Wanda in that movie (and that pairing can be somewhat compared to Sheldon Cooper x Penny/TBBT comparison).

@EchoBase wrote:Hey, it was Jason who mentioned that Kylo and Rey seem to stand together in an affectionate state in that particular scene. Not the "Reylos".

And this is why I'm not surprised or offended in the slightest by their last podcast. Like Pablo, they have to remain neutral if they want to avoid hate-sh!tstorms and not risk losing a big chunk of their audience. Especially not because of a 'leak' which turned out to be false anyway (like they'd shoot reylo-esque scenes - or any other emotionally-charged, important-for-the-story scenes - in public places, ha!).
@Rimfaxe96

While I do agree about MSW wanting to stay neutral, but unlike Pablo they are not an official voice of LF, they call themselves fans, hence I expect of them at least a respect for other fans.
And there is another thing: I do not consider my self as involved party in any of the wars.
I ended on the other forum by simple coincidence and a wish to discuss something I have noticed in the movie. I was completely unaware of Tumblr bussiness, never had account there, very rarly visited the place. Shipping wars as a term are new thing to me. And truth be told, I find it a bit silly.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:44 am

You can tell Jason has put 2+2 together and got Reylo at this point, even as he's still not sure how they'll go about having Kylo redeem himself. He knows Kathleen Kennedy has said the trilogies will always be about the Skywalkers, and Rey has all but been confirmed as unrelated to our OT heroes. He's made jokes about Kylo possibly already having a wife and kids out there but, as one of the other guys rightfully pointed out a few weeks ago, anything like that takes the story away from Rey. It wouldn't make any sense at all.

I'm not 'defending' the podcast team by pointing out that they make fun of plenty of other sections of the fandom too. And I don't think they should necessarily hold back on making jokes just because of other real nasty sith that's been hurled our way by 'antis'. They're not responsible for that, and quite possibly have no idea it's even going on. None of the guys strike me as tumblr users...
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 31 May 2016, 5:50 am

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:

@Rimfaxe96

I think MSW can remain neutral without making fun of Star Wars fans, and I don't believe that Reylos need to prove themselves as a "fandom" the sillyness... I was a Star Wars fan before Reylo, I was a Star Wars fan before some of these fan boys where potty trained. I mean seriously... My mother god rest her soul was a HUGE fan of Star Wars, and it was me and my mom who lived vicariously through my little brother and made sure he had every ship, MF, Xwing, Tai Fighter, action figure, SW had to offer... we collected them all for him. Good times!

So like typical azzhats, they will make fun of a reylos to ingratiate themselves to the rest of their audience? So female fans are easy targets to clown? Whatever, I can't defend their behavior.

Just saw civil war last night, I ship Vision x Wanda Smile ....Although I am not a Marvel fan per se, loved the ESB call back with Spidey...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum