ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by CienaRee on Sun 17 Apr - 20:05

I think it would be great if BD played a Thrawn type of character.I think the ST reallly needs a villian who doesn't smile evilly at every evil thing he does(Palpatine)or comes off as too sympathetic(Kylo).I think Benecio would do a great job at playing that kind of villian.And if he plays the role of Rey's father the casting department did a great job since he and Daisy do share some facial similarities.
It's intersa ting he said he would get into trouble if he gave more details about his character which makes me think he'll have an important role instead of being a one dimensional villiain(which we already have in Hux).

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 17 Apr - 20:18

It looks very interesting to me that none of already leaked spoilers and rumors from the set include BDT.
We know something already on Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran. But zero on BDT.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 17 Apr - 20:24

@Darth_Awakened right? If he actually is or was Snoke at one point, TPTB would most definitely want to keep that under wraps. So far they have been 100% successful and we the audience still have no clue as to who he will play. We've speculated everything from random bounty hunter to a spy for Snoke to keep an eye on Kylo. Still, there's no confirmation on any of these. That's too important of a plot point, unlike Laura Dern playing a resistance officer or KMT involved in the B-plot with Finn.

Good stuff!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Sun 17 Apr - 20:25

Don't forget the speculation that he's King Prana!
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Apr - 20:43

@AnneNeville wrote:Don't forget the speculation that he's King Prana!
@AnneNeville

You called for the Prana cheerleader?

*shakes pom-poms and yells "PRA-NA! PRA-NA! PRA-NA!!!!"*
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 17 Apr - 20:45

@IoJovi wrote:@Darth_Awakened right? If he actually is or was Snoke at one point, TPTB would most definitely want to keep that under wraps. So far they have been 100% successful and we the audience still have no clue as to who he will play. We've speculated everything from random bounty hunter to a spy for Snoke to keep an eye on Kylo. Still, there's no confirmation on any of these. That's too important of a plot point, unlike Laura Dern playing a resistance officer or KMT involved in the B-plot with Finn.

Good stuff!
@IoJovi

I do not think he is Snoke. I even do not think he would be among FO stuff (there are many of them already: Snoke, Kylo, Phasma, Hux).
I know that BDT said in an interview that he is some kind of villain..but huh I do not know...maybe he is some wicked gentlman from Dubrovnik set.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 17 Apr - 20:48

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:@Darth_Awakened right? If he actually is or was Snoke at one point, TPTB would most definitely want to keep that under wraps. So far they have been 100% successful and we the audience still have no clue as to who he will play. We've speculated everything from random bounty hunter to a spy for Snoke to keep an eye on Kylo. Still, there's no confirmation on any of these. That's too important of a plot point, unlike Laura Dern playing a resistance officer or KMT involved in the B-plot with Finn.

Good stuff!
@IoJovi

I do not think he is Snoke. I even do not think he would be among FO stuff (there are many of them already: Snoke, Kylo, Phasma, Hux).
I know that BDT said in an interview that he is some kind of villain..but huh I do not know...maybe he is some wicked gentlman from Dubrovnik set.
@Darth_Awakened

Headcanon: Bounty hunter after the son of Solo after our boy Ben saves Rey and defects.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 17 Apr - 20:56

I need a fill of spoilers ugh
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 17 Apr - 21:02

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Good stuff!
@IoJovi

@Darth_Awakened

Headcanon: Bounty hunter after the son of Solo after our boy Ben saves Rey and defects.
@MeadowofAshes

Hmmm..I do not think that we are going to see Ben s defection in EP8.
So, BDT should run after somebody else...Finn? Leia?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 17 Apr - 21:05

Do you think we'll see something like that concept art? Kylo hugging Kira? Where's that pic when I need it
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 17 Apr - 21:55

@SanghaRen wrote:@ISeeAnIsland
I think some people would be outraged, yes. But then, if she does not reciprocate and it has a meaning to the story, I personally would not mind. That would add to the evilishness of the character played by BDT. Go after the widow as soon as the husband is dead.  If she would reciprocate, I would be a bit angry.
I still hold on to my wish that at one point we'll see or hear - through images and/or voices in Ben's head - a happy memory of Han, Leia and Ben. You know, some shared laughers or something.

If Benicio Del Toro plays an older Ezra who turned to the dark side but returned to the light, I wouldn't mind Leia having a second chance at love with him.....but this is only because they knew each other as teenagers and had a good chemistry....... I liked the scene where she was comforting when he was sad about his parent's deaths....but I wouldn't want any other character to have a chance with Leia....that would make me Mad

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 6 Hqdefault

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sun 17 Apr - 23:06

Filming in Ireland will begin soon.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/star-wars-crew-arrive-malin-7766069

I really want to know who exactly will appear there bounce
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 17 Apr - 23:12

@EchoBase wrote:Filming in Ireland will begin soon.

@EchoBase

According to Mark s tweets he is rehearsing with Daisy all afternoon. And similarity of the landscape to Michael Skellig could mean Daisy and him are there for sure. Maybe Jonas or Peter (Chewie) and R2D2.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sun 17 Apr - 23:15

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:Filming in Ireland will begin soon.

@EchoBase

According to Mark s tweets he is rehearsing with Daisy all afternoon. And similarity of the landscape to Michael Skellig could mean Daisy and him are there for sure. Maybe Jonas or Peter (Chewie) and R2D2.
@Darth_Awakened

Yes, I read that, too. They are rehearsing in Rian Johnson's house.

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Apr - 0:37

@SanghaRen: "

I don't see Kylo teaching in a Jedi school at least not full time. I don't see him fully losing his relentlessness."

I think I agree with this. I really love the idea of Kylo/Ben being the drug DS counselor at Luke's Jedi school, they guy who forces people to deal with their issues than a full-time teacher. But since in that headcanon, Kylo/Ben would be an amazing Grey Jedi, he should teach some amazing advanced seminars that everyone is fighting to get into. Laughing But he goes on Force-related sabbaticals missions a lot. Kind of like that Indiana Jones professor. Very Happy He'd also be that type that would be hard to get to know, but once the students do they are crazy loyal to him. Good grief. This headcanon is getting longer than I expected. Maybe I need to write a FF on it ... I'll have to not let it go too far down the Snape or Indiana Jones road. Laughing Laughing Laughing
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Apr - 0:44

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:But no seriously guys!

BDT = Snoke!!! I haven't seen this theory around yet, and we have no confirmation on what BDT is up to at all! And he only gets really maimed by Luke. That's why he seems to fear his return. Recall Palpy getting all pulpy when Mace redirects the FL. Possibly same wtih Snoke.

And Luke with Force Lightning!!! Awesome and scary at the same time! Would really explain that guilty/weary/angry look on his face.

C'mon guys!!! This is really cool!!!

No takers?

...all right...

*sulks in AO3*
@Rei of Sunshine

No! I like it! I am okay with Luke going a little dark. I just don't know why they would need Andy Serkis to begin with. I know he's the mo-cap guy, but BDT can probably do that too. Andy Serkis is a big deal actor too. I think that's the stumbling block.

@SanghaRen: I agree. I think the Snoke thing is a prophecy. "New Jedi will rise." What is "new" about them? Maybe Kylo and Rey are like an Adam and Eve, a kind of new covenant for the Force, to use a Judeo-Christian reference. I also agree with your point about Luke probably encountering a lot of contradictory interpretation, hence the need to return to the beginning.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Mon 18 Apr - 0:53

Can't they hang fire and go to Londonderry on Wednesday!!! I'm there then Laughing Laughing
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jozie on Mon 18 Apr - 0:58

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SanghaRen: I agree.  I think the Snoke thing is a prophecy.  "New Jedi will rise."  What is "new" about them? Maybe Kylo and Rey are like an Adam and Eve, a kind of new covenant for the Force, to use a Judeo-Christian reference.  I also agree with your point about Luke probably encountering a lot of contradictory interpretation, hence the need to return to the beginning.
@SoloSideCousin

I really like this theory. Makes a lot of sense, especially when you combine it with "It is you" from the novelization. Kylo recognized the "New Jedi" in Rey (not a long lost cousin or sister...).
Jozie
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Apr - 1:27

Exactly @jozie! I think you are pretty new to the thread, but a lot of us have theorized that Kylo/Ben has had some kind of vision of Rey for a long time, that's why he's so interested in her from the start with the "What girl?!!" My personal theory and that of some others is that he has thought her to be some kind of positive partner/helper figure for him. That's why he seems genuinely hurt when he says, "You still want to kill me," and so perplexed that she is "just a scavenger." I think all of us "Rey in a Vision" people all agree that he never gets a good look at her face in the vision (maybe she is masked like she was at the beginning of the movie?), but he is very suspicious that she is special and is attracted her immediately, but when she catches that lightsaber it all crystallizes for him and he is sure that it is his Vision!Girl. In the book he says, "It is you!" In the movie, AD gives the most glorious "Marry Me!" face ever. Very Happy

@vaderito has written a lot about this Adam and Eve theory. There is a lot of good stuff in it connected with Luke returning to the original Jedi temple and the mention of "Force trees" in the new canon books (i.e. The Tree of Knowledge in the Bible). I can't remember it all now, but I am a big fan of the theory myself.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 18 Apr - 1:46

@SoloSideCousin wrote:  

@vaderito has written a lot about this Adam and Eve theory.  There is a lot of good stuff in it connected with Luke returning to the original Jedi temple and the mention of "Force trees" in the new canon books (i.e. The Tree of Knowledge in the Bible).  I can't remember it all now, but I am a big fan of the theory myself.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree. I think the Snoke thing is a prophecy. "New Jedi will rise." What is "new" about them? Maybe Kylo and Rey are like an Adam and Eve, a kind of new covenant for the Force, to use a Judeo-Christian reference. I also agree with your point about Luke probably encountering a lot of contradictory interpretation, hence the need to return to the beginning.

I didn't know about Force Trees? For real? I've just figured out, since someone says in Secrets of TFA that they will continue to draw inspiration from Christianity, that Rey and Ren will be like Adam and Eve of the Force if they go with First Jedi Temple aka beginning of the Force or whatever. I sound like DR, "Or whatever".  Laughing

As for Snoke prophecy "if Skywalker retruns, New Jedi will rise". I find it to have 2 double meanings:

"If Skywalker returns" = is it Luke or is it that "you cannot deny the truth that is your family"/"FO rose from the Dark Side, you did not"/"I will not be seduced"/"Bring him home" guy?

"New Jedi will rise" = is it new Jedi as in Luke will train new generation of classic Jedi or New as in New type of Jedi that we have never seen before (Grey or Je'daii or something else)?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Apr - 2:11

@vaderito wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:  

@vaderito has written a lot about this Adam and Eve theory.  There is a lot of good stuff in it connected with Luke returning to the original Jedi temple and the mention of "Force trees" in the new canon books (i.e. The Tree of Knowledge in the Bible).  I can't remember it all now, but I am a big fan of the theory myself.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree. I think the Snoke thing is a prophecy. "New Jedi will rise." What is "new" about them? Maybe Kylo and Rey are like an Adam and Eve, a kind of new covenant for the Force, to use a Judeo-Christian reference. I also agree with your point about Luke probably encountering a lot of contradictory interpretation, hence the need to return to the beginning.

I didn't know about Force Trees? For real? I've just figured out, since someone says in Secrets of TFA that they will continue to draw inspiration from Christianity, that Rey and Ren will be like Adam and Eve of the Force if they go with First Jedi Temple aka beginning of the Force or whatever. I sound like DR, "Or whatever".  Laughing

As for Snoke prophecy "if Skywalker retruns, New Jedi will rise". I find it to have 2 double meanings:

"If Skywalker returns"
= is it Luke or is it that "you cannot deny the truth that is your family"/"FO rose from the Dark Side, you did not"/"I will not be seduced"/"Bring him home" guy?

"New Jedi will rise" = is it new Jedi as in Luke will train new generation of classic Jedi or New as in New type of Jedi that we have never seen before (Grey or Je'daii or something else)?
@vaderito

Regarding the force trees: Yeah, apparently in those new canon books there is a whole thing with Force trees. One was planted next to Poe's house apparently, and the other was kept with Luke. I think @panki has read the book and might be able to give more detail.

I love your second interpretation of "If Skywalker returns" because you know what, the Emperor in ESB said something similar to Vader. He said, "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi." Of course, the emperor knew Vader was Skywalker, but he did not refer to him as such. Snoke has done everything to erase Kylo's identity as Ben Skywalker-Solo. I could see him talking about Skywalkers in that same "they're not really here" way in front of Ben.

As for the "New Jedi will rise," I think the "New" is significant ... because couldn't Snoke have just said, "If the Jedi return," but he doesn't. He says "New". Bring on the Grey Jedi/Jedaii!!!! Very Happy

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 18 Apr - 2:24

@SoloSideCousin You are onto something with ESB reference. Ponder this:

"you father...Haaaan Soooolooooo"

"If Skywalker returns..."

Why not "if your uncle, Luuuuuke Skyyyyywaaaalker..."?

It seems like Snoke is afraid of Kylo's thinking of himself as a Skywalker, hence absence of familial address for Luke as opposed to Han. Snoke is fostering attachment to Vader rather than Anakin Skywalker.

Also, New Jedi as you said is curious. Why not "Jedi will rise"? We know that Kylo is "perfect focal point of Light and Dark"/"equal potential for good and evil"/"equal part good and evil". Not one or the other. Jedi are supposed to be just one. But New Jedi?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jozie on Mon 18 Apr - 2:43

@vaderito
If "Skywalker" meant Ben... that would be incredible. Snoke unwittingly prophecising the rise of New Jedi would add a lot.

@SoloSideCousin
As much as I'd like it to be true, I don't subscribe to this theory (nor to the Force Bond). I'm sure their destinies are intertwined and that probably they could sense each other before they met (like Rey in the Force Vision). Could Kylo's visions be that specific (as in sensing the positive partner/helper figure for him)? I also didn't pick up on him being hurt in "You still want to kill me", rather surprised that he had to defend himself against her (that she didn't simply run but put up a fight instead).
My impression was that Snoke and Kylo sensed that "there has been an awakening" and that it's possible for the new Jedi to appear. Then, Kylo met Rey, felt that she was special but didn't know why. In fact, he was just about to investigate it, when she pushed him away during the interrogation. So I think that if she hadn't, he would have found out that she will be the new Jedi. That way, he "only" discovered that she is strong with the Force. "It is you" in the forest is the moment when he realizes that the whole awakening was about her <3 <3 <3
Bur well... I would love for them to have a Force Bond, share thoughts, feelings and experiences, I just don't see the writers going in that direction. So I basically forbid myself fantasizing about it. Wink

PS. Sorry for my English guys, I'm so ashamed of it sometimes, but if I checked every expression, I wouldnt write anything...
Jozie
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 18 Apr - 2:47

@Jozie I didn't even know that there was a thing called Force Bond when I watched TFA first time. yet I picked up right away that they had some strange Force connection. So if someone who never heard of Force Bond felt that there was one (whatever it is called) than there must be something special between them.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jozie on Mon 18 Apr - 3:00

@vaderito
Of course there is something special between them, as I said, I'm sure they are central to the story, are two sides of the same coin, yin/yang, all that. I can see Kylo sensing Rey in some way, but not in such a specific way as in "Rey in a Vision". I don't want it to get too "Harry Pottery" with thoughts, memories and moods sharing... or maybe that's not what you guys mean?
Jozie
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum