ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by MeadowofAshes on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 6:13 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:"If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise" could be foreshadowing? What if they are really using Adam and Eve theme? The new couple of a new king of Jedi?
@Maria Antonietta

Well, you know at least 3 of us around here definitely think so. Very Happy
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11122
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 6:20 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:"If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise" could be foreshadowing? What if they are really using Adam and Eve theme? The new couple of a new king of Jedi?
@Maria Antonietta

Well, you know at least 3 of us around here definitely think so. Very Happy
@MeadowofAshes

I gasped while thinking about the adjective "new" lol! lol! lol! lol!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2789
Likes : 12380
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 33
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Pyro Nebula on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:41 pm

@snufkin wrote:
It's Pyro Nebula wrote:Probably not the best location for this but I just thought it was amusing, especially the last question. Have a guess.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/can-you-guess-these-movies-based-on-bad-pitches/8277862?section=arts-culture

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Guess11

Hopefully, TLJ will set the record straight for the GA.

Cheers Smile
@Pyro Nebula

That's just...wow. I know that the person who wrote it meant to be a joke, but that's in really poor taste and lands with a dull thud. Or leave making jokes about the KKK to the Coen Brothers. And given the events of the past month here in the States, those sort of painful chapters in our history here are being revisted. So it's pretty hard to joke about that sort of thing in the present moment. Hope this doesn't come across as jumping on you because it not a criticism directed at you, just that's a topic in our current environment here is very raw and ugly.
@snufkin

It was not my intention to upset you or Piper Maru or anyone else. I personally don't believe the person who submitted the "terrible pitch" to this quiz intended to refer to the KKK or to other very offensive matters. My belief was some of the GA still see Finn and Rey as a couple being chased by Kylo wielding an unstable cross bar lightsaber. Obviously, we would see this differently and created our own "silly pitches" to describe TFA.

However, I can see from your point of view, how offensive it is and it was an oversight on my part for posting it here. Once again, it was only in jest and not intended to offend. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by snufkin on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
It's Pyro Nebula wrote:Probably not the best location for this but I just thought it was amusing, especially the last question. Have a guess.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/can-you-guess-these-movies-based-on-bad-pitches/8277862?section=arts-culture

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Guess11

Hopefully, TLJ will set the record straight for the GA.

Cheers :)
@Pyro Nebula

That's just...wow. I know that the person who wrote it meant to be a joke, but that's in really poor taste and lands with a dull thud. Or leave making jokes about the KKK to the Coen Brothers. And given the events of the past month here in the States, those sort of painful chapters in our history here are being revisted. So it's pretty hard to joke about that sort of thing in the present moment. Hope this doesn't come across as jumping on you because it not a criticism directed at you, just that's a topic in our current environment here is very raw and ugly.
@snufkin

It was not my intention to upset you or Piper Maru or anyone else. I personally don't believe the person who submitted the "terrible pitch" to this quiz intended to refer to the KKK or to other very offensive matters. My belief was some of the GA still see Finn and Rey as a couple being chased by Kylo wielding an unstable cross bar lightsaber. Obviously, we would see this differently and created our own "silly pitches" to describe TFA.

However, I can see from your point of view, how offensive it is and it was an oversight on my part for posting it here. Once again, it was only in jest and not intended to offend. Please accept my sincere apologies.

@Pyro Nebula

Oh thank you, I hesitated in saying anything because I knew that wasn't your intent. And all of those jokes are meant to be light hearted, like the classic TV listing for the Wizard of Oz

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Oz_2701

It's just that particular one (especially in the current climate) brings up evoke particularly ugly images. If I didn't know about the original Wizard of Oz one, I'd almost think for a second that they were making a reference to Birth of a Nation. Anyways, no harm no foul on your part, just whomever who wrote a joke that didn't think it through all the way. And welcome to the board, your contributions are appreciated!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38101
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by IoJovi on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 10:42 pm

@snufkin wrote:
It's Pyro Nebula wrote:Probably not the best location for this but I just thought it was amusing, especially the last question. Have a guess.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/can-you-guess-these-movies-based-on-bad-pitches/8277862?section=arts-culture

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Guess11

Hopefully, TLJ will set the record straight for the GA.

Cheers Smile
@Pyro Nebula

That's just...wow. I know that the person who wrote it meant to be a joke, but that's in really poor taste and lands with a dull thud. Or leave making jokes about the KKK to the Coen Brothers. And given the events of the past month here in the States, those sort of painful chapters in our history here are being revisted. So it's pretty hard to joke about that sort of thing in the present moment. Hope this doesn't come across as jumping on you because it not a criticism directed at you, just that's a topic in our current environment here is very raw and ugly.
@snufkin

That is awful. I'm the first one to admit I love off-color humor but that isn't even funny. Sad
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41505
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Pyro Nebula on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:13 am

@snufkin wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
It's Pyro Nebula wrote:Probably not the best location for this but I just thought it was amusing, especially the last question. Have a guess.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/can-you-guess-these-movies-based-on-bad-pitches/8277862?section=arts-culture

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Guess11

Hopefully, TLJ will set the record straight for the GA.

Cheers Smile
@Pyro Nebula

That's just...wow. I know that the person who wrote it meant to be a joke, but that's in really poor taste and lands with a dull thud. Or leave making jokes about the KKK to the Coen Brothers. And given the events of the past month here in the States, those sort of painful chapters in our history here are being revisted. So it's pretty hard to joke about that sort of thing in the present moment. Hope this doesn't come across as jumping on you because it not a criticism directed at you, just that's a topic in our current environment here is very raw and ugly.
@snufkin

It was not my intention to upset you or Piper Maru or anyone else. I personally don't believe the person who submitted the "terrible pitch" to this quiz intended to refer to the KKK or to other very offensive matters. My belief was some of the GA still see Finn and Rey as a couple being chased by Kylo wielding an unstable cross bar lightsaber. Obviously, we would see this differently and created our own "silly pitches" to describe TFA.

However, I can see from your point of view, how offensive it is and it was an oversight on my part for posting it here. Once again, it was only in jest and not intended to offend. Please accept my sincere apologies.

@Pyro Nebula

Oh thank you, I hesitated in saying anything because I knew that wasn't your intent. And all of those jokes are meant to be light hearted, like the classic TV listing for the Wizard of Oz

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Oz_2701

It's just that particular one (especially in the current climate) brings up evoke particularly ugly images. If I didn't know about the original Wizard of Oz one, I'd almost think for a second that they were making a reference to Birth of a Nation. Anyways, no harm no foul on your part, just whomever who wrote a joke that didn't think it through all the way. And welcome to the board, your contributions are appreciated!

@snufkin

It's very unfortunate that this was accepted and published in the national broadcaster website (ABC) in Australia.

Hmm...How about changing that offensive "pitch" to...I don't know..."Strong, young woman being pursued across the galaxy by a man with smouldering eyes, ravishing lips and gorgeous 'I wanna run my fingers through your' hair."

Better? Perhaps you or everyone else can up with something better as corny, silly or quote "What's the worst way you can sum up the plot of a great movie?" unquote (ABC).

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Sexy_l10

(My own thoughts - not Rey's  Very Happy )

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 7:04 am

@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
It's Pyro Nebula wrote:Probably not the best location for this but I just thought it was amusing, especially the last question. Have a guess.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/can-you-guess-these-movies-based-on-bad-pitches/8277862?section=arts-culture

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Guess11

Hopefully, TLJ will set the record straight for the GA.

Cheers Smile
@Pyro Nebula

That's just...wow. I know that the person who wrote it meant to be a joke, but that's in really poor taste and lands with a dull thud. Or leave making jokes about the KKK to the Coen Brothers. And given the events of the past month here in the States, those sort of painful chapters in our history here are being revisted. So it's pretty hard to joke about that sort of thing in the present moment. Hope this doesn't come across as jumping on you because it not a criticism directed at you, just that's a topic in our current environment here is very raw and ugly.
@snufkin

It was not my intention to upset you or Piper Maru or anyone else. I personally don't believe the person who submitted the "terrible pitch" to this quiz intended to refer to the KKK or to other very offensive matters. My belief was some of the GA still see Finn and Rey as a couple being chased by Kylo wielding an unstable cross bar lightsaber. Obviously, we would see this differently and created our own "silly pitches" to describe TFA.

However, I can see from your point of view, how offensive it is and it was an oversight on my part for posting it here. Once again, it was only in jest and not intended to offend. Please accept my sincere apologies.
@Pyro Nebula

Oh, don't worry darling, you didn't offend me at all. I know it's a joke, I was just pissed because I know people who believe that this is serious and spread their hate on tumblr. Don't worry about it I love you
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1286
Likes : 10262
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 28
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Pyro Nebula on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
It's Pyro Nebula wrote:Probably not the best location for this but I just thought it was amusing, especially the last question. Have a guess.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/can-you-guess-these-movies-based-on-bad-pitches/8277862?section=arts-culture

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Guess11

Hopefully, TLJ will set the record straight for the GA.

Cheers Smile
@Pyro Nebula

That's just...wow. I know that the person who wrote it meant to be a joke, but that's in really poor taste and lands with a dull thud. Or leave making jokes about the KKK to the Coen Brothers. And given the events of the past month here in the States, those sort of painful chapters in our history here are being revisted. So it's pretty hard to joke about that sort of thing in the present moment. Hope this doesn't come across as jumping on you because it not a criticism directed at you, just that's a topic in our current environment here is very raw and ugly.
@snufkin

It was not my intention to upset you or Piper Maru or anyone else. I personally don't believe the person who submitted the "terrible pitch" to this quiz intended to refer to the KKK or to other very offensive matters. My belief was some of the GA still see Finn and Rey as a couple being chased by Kylo wielding an unstable cross bar lightsaber. Obviously, we would see this differently and created our own "silly pitches" to describe TFA.

However, I can see from your point of view, how offensive it is and it was an oversight on my part for posting it here. Once again, it was only in jest and not intended to offend. Please accept my sincere apologies.
@Pyro Nebula

Oh, don't worry darling, you didn't offend me at all. I know it's a joke, I was just pissed because I know people who believe that this is serious and spread their hate on tumblr. Don't worry about it I love you
@Piper Maru

No worries Very Happy

Some people simply take fandom far too seriously, it's scary and amusing. Sometimes, you can only laugh.

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by Darth Dementor on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 1:19 pm

I would love for this to be true.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/770543/Star-Wars-8-The-Last-Jedi-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-lightsaber-Darth-Vader-s-castle-Rogue-One/amp?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Seeing a Kylo in a castle would fit the dark gothic motifs he already encompasses. And being his grandfather's old fortress “I think that there’s a great possibility that we could discover that once Kylo Ren enters this castle…he will come across yet another lightsaber being old Obi-Wan Kenobi’s.

“‘Would he use the in combat?’ is another big question open on the table for discussion.

“It would be so cool if the Kenobi lightsaber and the Anakin lightsaber clashed once again.

“Or even the other way around, if Kylo Ren was to find Darth Vader’s own lightsaber and Rey would use the Kenobi lightsaber and those two would lash once again.”



_________________
ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 BSbvfg9
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 1255
Likes : 5433
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi: General Discussion - 1

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 4:32 am

@Darth Dementor wrote:I would love for this to be true.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/770543/Star-Wars-8-The-Last-Jedi-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-lightsaber-Darth-Vader-s-castle-Rogue-One/amp?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Seeing a Kylo in a castle would fit the dark gothic motifs he already encompasses. And being his grandfather's old fortress “I think that there’s a great possibility that we could discover that once Kylo Ren enters this castle…he will come across yet another lightsaber being old Obi-Wan Kenobi’s.

“‘Would he use the in combat?’ is another big question open on the table for discussion.

“It would be so cool if the Kenobi lightsaber and the Anakin lightsaber clashed once again.

“Or even the other way around, if Kylo Ren was to find Darth Vader’s own lightsaber and Rey would use the Kenobi lightsaber and those two would lash once again.”


@Darth Dementor

Obi's saber is bound to make a reappearance in ST.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3284
Likes : 7699
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum