ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1

Post by BastilaBey on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 3:48 pm

@sangharen Discussion was about queuing on wednesday because we'd all assumed this tlj panel would be on the first day of the convention. I'm so glad to hear it's actually not, so we can relax a bit when getting in and meet each other properly!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:40 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:@sangharen Discussion was about queuing on wednesday because we'd all assumed this tlj panel would be on the first day of the convention. I'm so glad to hear it's actually not, so we can relax a bit when getting in and meet each other properly!
@BastilaBey

I was sure it was going to be on Sunday. I guess I saw it as the culmination of the convention and so it made sense to me to do it on the last day. Ok, that's clear now. And yes, it's good we get to meet in a more relaxed setting. Will be easier also to plan out queuing sessions face to face.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:53 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@sangharen Discussion was about queuing on wednesday because we'd all assumed this tlj panel would be on the first day of the convention. I'm so glad to hear it's actually not, so we can relax a bit when getting in and meet each other properly!
@BastilaBey

I was sure it was going to be on Sunday. I guess I saw it as the culmination of the convention and so it made sense to me to do it on the last day. Ok, that's clear now. And yes, it's good we get to meet in a more relaxed setting. Will be easier also to plan out queuing sessions face to face.
@SanghaRen

When are you getting in on Wednesday @SanghaRen and anyone else? I know a lot of people are coming in around 4:00 pm. My nonstop options would get me in either earlier or later. Earlier leaves me wandering with no place to go until the condo opens and later will have me coming late to the big meet-up. I haven't bought my ticket yet, but I am loathed to connect in Dallas or Chicago if I don’t have to. (I hate it when you go the wrong way in connections, lol). Maybe there is an Atlanta connection ... but I would definitely prefer a nonstop flight ... must search again.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:00 pm

How early do people start lining up the night before?  Like 8 pm?  Do they let you line up inside the convention center?  Or do you have to wait outside?  And when do they actually distribute the wristbands?  I guess ultimately we won't know for sure unless they give more details in the weeks to come, but I was just wondering if anyone knows the details of how they did things at previous conventions.

I’m a night person and I’m usually up all night anyway, but I don’t do very well getting no sleep at all.  I would hope that they would give out the wristbands early enough so that people could go back to their hotels and at least get a couple of hours of sleep before the panel.  As much as I’d like to see the panel, I just don’t know if I have the fortitude or stamina to wait in line all night.  But I guess I’ll have to wait and see if they give more details about the exact time frame and everything.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:29 pm

Glad it's not the first day. Now you all have time to hear my awful jokes in person for days. Wink
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:36 pm

@Helix wrote:Glad it's not the first day. Now you all have time to hear my awful jokes in person for days. Wink
@Helix

Not awful at all and looking forward to it. You have a very dry, witty voice in my head. I want to see if I'm right. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:42 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@BastilaBey

@SanghaRen

When are you getting in on Wednesday @SanghaRen and anyone else? I know a lot of people are coming in around 4:00 pm. My nonstop options would get me in either earlier or later. Earlier leaves me wandering with no place to go until the condo opens and later will have me coming late to the big meet-up. I haven't bought my ticket yet, but I am loathed to connect in Dallas or Chicago if I don’t have to. (I hate it when you go the wrong way in connections, lol). Maybe there is an Atlanta connection ... but I would definitely prefer a nonstop flight ... must search again.
@SoloSideCousin

How much earlier/later do the non-stop flights get in? If it's not too much terribly later, I don't see why you couldn't meet up with us all at the condo or wherever the group ends up meeting up for dinner/drinks afterwards. That would probably be less painful than hanging around the airport or an unfamiliar city waiting for the rest of the condo crew to get in.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:55 pm

I AM SO EXCITED THAT IT'S FRIDAY NOW I WON'T HAVE TO MISS WORK

I AM DEFINITELY OVERNIGHTING THIS NO QUESTION
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 6:36 pm

Oh thank goodness it's Friday! Phew. I had planned to fly in early on Thursday- or should I plan on Wed.? ETA- I am leaning towards getting in Wed night and getting settled in the hotel. I will just suck it up and add a night to my stay.
What time are people planning to go to the convention on Thursday?
Are people leaving for home on Sunday?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 6:49 pm

Anyone else getting the shirt???

Doing it now so I won't have to worry about getting a shirt there!

http://www.reedpopsupplyco.com/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Last-Jedi-T-Shirt-p/17223.htm

look at that sexy red on black title too! Wink
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 7:18 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@BastilaBey

@SanghaRen

@SoloSideCousin

How much earlier/later do the non-stop flights get in? If it's not too much terribly later, I don't see why you couldn't meet up with us all at the condo or wherever the group ends up meeting up for dinner/drinks afterwards. That would probably be less painful than hanging around the airport or an unfamiliar city waiting for the rest of the condo crew to get in.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think the later one was arriving at 6:30, so it's not ridiculous unless it's delayed. I was looking.at Southwest because.they have their own separate terminal at my airport which is nice. I will try a couple of the others too.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 7:34 am

@ReyofLightSide @SoloSideCousin and everyone else

I am flying out on Monday evening only. I always thought the TLJ panel would be on Sunday so I wanted to keep that option open. Not sure why I chose the evening flight though. Maybe it was cheaper. I will be in Orlando as of Monday evening already but downtown and will switch hotels on Wednesday - check-in is only at 4pm. The hotel is about 1-2 miles away from the convention depending on the information source. I guess we could set a time to meet somewhere on Wednesday evening - for those who wish to do so -, but might be better to PM details.

@Helix

I work in a coporate environment with men in suits and ties and some of them seem to think that bad jokes make them look cool. You cannot possibly do worse than them. I think everyone here has a good sense of humor and we are of different ages and of different backgrounds. It's going to be fun.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:13 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Anyone else getting the shirt???

http://www.reedpopsupplyco.com/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Last-Jedi-T-Shirt-p/17223.htm

@Xylo Ren

It says I don't have access to the page. Sad  Do you have to sign up with the site in order to see it?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:56 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:

@Xylo Ren

It says I don't have access to the page. Sad  Do you have to sign up with the site in order to see it?
@Kyla Ren

Oh it was a link sent in an email. It says the shirt is only available to those that have an account/bought tickets to SWCO so you should be able to sign up...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 5:48 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@Kyla Ren

Oh it was a link sent in an email. It says the shirt is only available to those that have an account/bought tickets to SWCO so you should be able to sign up...
@Xylo Ren

Cool.  Thanks for the information. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:31 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@Kyla Ren

@Xylo Ren

@Kyla Ren

FWIW, the password that they say to use (the last 8 digits of your confirmation code) didn't work for me. I had to go through the process of resetting my password, but then I was able to pre-order a shirt.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:32 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@Kyla Ren

@Xylo Ren

@Kyla Ren

FWIW, the password that they say to use (the last 8 digits of your confirmation code) didn't work for me. I had to go through the process of resetting my password, but then I was able to pre-order a shirt.
@ISeeAnIsland

Thanks. Smile  Hopefully I can try to sign in when I get home tonight.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 1:20 pm

I was able to get a reservation at my same hotel for Wed night, so will come in on Wed and checkout Sun.
I wonder what the schedule will look like for Sunday? Does a lot happen?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:20 pm

Official 40th Anniversary poster for the first panel on Thursday, announced today!

ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1 - Page 38 Key-Art-With-Logo-Vert-WEB2
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm

^ I love that Kylo is under Han and Rey's under Leia. And there's Luke in between all four of them, acting as the connective tissue. Matchmaker Luke has a nice ring to it, right?
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 7:52 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Official 40th Anniversary poster for the first panel on Thursday, announced today!

ARCHIVE: Star Wars Celebration London 2016 and Orlando 2017 - 1 - Page 38 Key-Art-With-Logo-Vert-WEB2
@Xylo Ren

Dude, the reylo is on point in this poster and it's totally giving me yin and yang-y vibes. I'm not our resident poster expert (that would be @panki, who did an awesome analysis of the previous SW films posters) but see how the 3 couples are all aligned with the man to the left and slightly diagonal to the woman? Anakin and Padme, Han and Leia, Kylo and Rey. And then Kylo and Rey are holding their lightsabers in a way that is opposite but somehow symmetrical. They truly are counterparts, even visually here.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Official 40th Anniversary poster for the first panel on Thursday, announced today!

@Xylo Ren

Dude, the reylo is on point in this poster and it's totally giving me yin and yang-y vibes. I'm not our resident poster expert (that would be @panki, who did an awesome analysis of the previous SW films posters) but see how the 3 couples are all aligned with the man to the left and slightly diagonal to the woman? Anakin and Padme, Han and Leia, Kylo and Rey. And then Kylo and Rey are holding their lightsabers in a way that is opposite but somehow symmetrical. They truly are counterparts, even visually here.
@Darth Rowan

Isn't that amazing? I was floored when I saw it. It's not even that difficult to decipher, even for non-shippers who aren't looking for every nuance and clue.

Great stuff!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:17 am

Who's in for lining up for the 40th anniversary panel?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 3:57 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Who's in for lining up for the 40th anniversary panel?
@ReyofLightSide

Depends on the time. VIII is my priority so I'm going to start lining up for that as early as I need to be to get in.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 4:08 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Who's in for lining up for the 40th anniversary panel?
@ReyofLightSide

Depends on the time. VIII is my priority so I'm going to start lining up for that as early as I need to be to get in.
@Xylo Ren

Same here. If it can be done reasonably, I'll do both. But there's no way that I'll be able to pull all-nighters two nights in a row.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum