ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by EchoBase on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 6:23 pm

Who else has changed her/his phone/tablet/pc wallpaper during the last few hours btw? Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by Slade on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@Marchtwin wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Marchtwin wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@EchoBase

Look at this one!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Call-to-the-Light-by-Brandon-Kenney-Art

Wow I hope they have some smaller of these on sale! They're all beautiful!
@AppleCrumble122

Is that actually sanctioned by LF and/or Disney?  Because holy sith.
@IoJovi

Look at this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Image48

So, I think yes. Pretty official.
@EchoBase

This dudes face looks like he knows exactly what he's doing

That sabre is waiting for him, it's waiting for him when Ben returns. She gets it she's also a call to the light
@Marchtwin

@Gemini

The art is absolutely beautiful. It's refreshing to see someone official recognize ''the call to the light''. Even though it's quite obvious what the meaning of Anakin's saber actually is in the movie, it seems to me a lot of people (the GA) missed it. Can't wait to see Kylo wield it!
@Marchtwin

I personally love Kylo's rock and roll guitar stance as he's cradling Rey in his arms. I'm sorry, but I write romance, and have romance covers on my work. That art is sexual, ladies and gentlemen.
@RandomObserver

OMG! You are so right about the rock element! Now that I see it on my phone that picture *totally* looks like rock band cover art! Lol!!!! I've immediately got 80s Whitesnake and Bon Jovi songs in my head! Oh yeah, Kylo is so evil! More like epic!!!!! Lol!!! This is so crazy! Lol!!!
@SoloSideCousin

I am now hearing "you give love a bad name" playing in the background of that poster scene!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@Marchtwin wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Marchtwin wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@EchoBase

Look at this one!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Call-to-the-Light-by-Brandon-Kenney-Art

Wow I hope they have some smaller of these on sale! They're all beautiful!
@AppleCrumble122

Is that actually sanctioned by LF and/or Disney?  Because holy sith.
@IoJovi

Look at this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Image48

So, I think yes. Pretty official.
@EchoBase

This dudes face looks like he knows exactly what he's doing

That sabre is waiting for him, it's waiting for him when Ben returns. She gets it she's also a call to the light
@Marchtwin

@Gemini

The art is absolutely beautiful. It's refreshing to see someone official recognize ''the call to the light''. Even though it's quite obvious what the meaning of Anakin's saber actually is in the movie, it seems to me a lot of people (the GA) missed it. Can't wait to see Kylo wield it!
@Marchtwin

I personally love Kylo's rock and roll guitar stance as he's cradling Rey in his arms. I'm sorry, but I write romance, and have romance covers on my work. That art is sexual, ladies and gentlemen.
@RandomObserver

OMG! You are so right about the rock element! Now that I see it on my phone that picture *totally* looks like rock band cover art! Lol!!!! I've immediately got 80s Whitesnake and Bon Jovi songs in my head! Oh yeah, Kylo is so evil! More like epic!!!!! Lol!!! This is so crazy! Lol!!!
@SoloSideCousin

I am now hearing "you give love a bad name" playing in the background of that poster scene!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 6:43 pm

If you look at the poster from a certain distance, she does really look a bit.....naked Wink.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

@Slade wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@Slade wrote:
Queen of the Knights wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Tumblr_o4poqsVnOx1v7o9alo1_r1_500

Right now nothing in the whole galaxy exists for me... but you.
@Queen of the Knights

This moment is just delicious...
@Slade

It really seems like it could be a visual reference also to Han & Leia in the Empire Strikes Back.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Han-and-leia-deleted-kiss_o_GIFSoup.com_
@snufkin

If only Rey had turned her head... Towards him...
@Slade

During that moment, I honestly thought she was going to whip her head around to look him straight in the eyes and tell him to get the F**k out of her head, it was that tense. Although a second later when she first starts to push into his mind and pulls her torso up off the chair and makes the snapping noise at the restraints he has on her (which is the opposite of how Poe is just sunk into himself from the pain/exhaustion of his mind probe), you can see him start to be scared/intrigued.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 6:45 pm

Not a single freaking finnrey art because that ship is not canon dudes. Lucasfilm did not want to approve any finnrey art whatsoever for the celebration. NOTHING

The main story is all about ren and Rey
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm

I got the feeling that the poster is just the beginning and that the SW Celebration will be full of subtle for Kylo and Rey. Who knows what LC films are planning.
L.O.V.E Twisted Evil
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm

@Slade wrote:Just an idea: what does it mean to fall to the dark side? So he fell at 23. Really? People don't usually change that radically, that quickly. I think it is possible that his "fall" began years earlier, but it was internal and he was hiding it. Then at 23 something happened that made him take action, burst out of the dark side closet. It is possible that Snoke was manipulating him from a young age and that the catalyst for openly expressing alleigence to the dark side and/or First Order was political and related to the revelation about vader. It is possible that there is no contradiction or backtracking between movie, Foster book, and Bloodlines. What if foster book gives us this info about snoke and ben, then in movie Leia repeats the gist of it to Han (omitting details because of movie time issues or because she chooses to continue withholding info from Han), and Bloodlines gives us Leia's denial-ridden take on things when she thought Ben was doing ok/problem solved and was being willfully ignorant ( and because ben wasn't with her and hadn't been for a while, it would be easy to look at him and his past through rose-tinted glasses and minimize past harms and struggles).
@Slade

I think about it in the same way. “Kylo fell at 23” doesn’t have to mean “Kylo met Snoke at 23”. Snoke could have insinuated himself into his life way earlier, and probably didn’t even start the dark side brainwashing right away either. If Ben felt abandoned by his parents, he could have latched on to a father figure who was like, I’m the only one who understands you and you are sooooo special. Besides, Snoke’s rise to power didn’t just involve getting his own pet Jedi, there was also the military power to organise and that would take time.

I had no firm opinion on when Ben fell, but once Pablo’s tweet confirmed that the destruction of Luke’s school happened not that long ago, it made no sense to me that he was a teenager at the time. 15 years is way longer than “not that long ago”, and it made sense that Ben’s defection, the school massacre and Luke’s disappearance coincided, especially when Han’s description made it sound like one single event.

It’s possible that there’s going to be some sympathetic angle to Kylo’s fall in the next film, but ultimately a redemptive arc is about the character transformation and doing redemptive actions, not uncovering some sob stories from the past.

And holy shmoly, this new image is… sensual. If somebody can look at this pic and say with a straight face that they see nothing but a guy carrying his cousin, they’re a dirty liar. Though personally I’m not a fan of the helpless Rey/dominant Kylo type of art; nothing against it it’s just not what attracts me about their dynamic.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:17 pm

@Saracene

Well at this point everyone knows that she absolutely kicks his a** later on after this scene so the helpless moment art is forgivable. Wink

Though now I hope that there's eventually a scene where she has to drag Kylo's unconscious butt out from somewhere. Just to circle back around and return the "favor"!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:17 pm

@Saracene

Leia did say Snoke was twisting his mind since Ben was a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:25 pm

I think it's not just a "Oh I appreciate this good work of art" choice. I think LF is more controlling of what goes out and what is perceived by the fans.
I personally think that this one, since the style really stands out from the other SW posters, was chosen as a sort of wildcard evaluation for data crunching. Maybe they're testing the reaction/marketing of how far they can go with the possibilities of Rey and Kylo in the ST. Of course, it could be nothing, but I think from a marketing standpoint it could be thrown in the mix to gauge the reaction and the purchasing data of fans. Smile
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:40 pm

@Search Your Feelings wrote:I think it's not just a "Oh I appreciate this good work of art" choice.  I think LF is more controlling of what goes out and what is perceived by the fans.  
I personally think that this one, since the style really stands out from the other SW posters, was chosen as a sort of wildcard evaluation for data crunching.  Maybe they're testing the reaction/marketing of how far they can go with the possibilities of Rey and Kylo in the ST.  Of course, it could be nothing, but I think from a marketing standpoint it could be thrown in the mix to gauge the reaction and the purchasing data of fans.  Smile
@Search Your Feelings

I would agree with this 100%.  If you are judging pieces of art, you take much more than a glancing look at it.  Heck, within a few seconds, I realized the one depicting the bridal carry was much more sexually charged than what we saw in the film.  Now with this, you would have dozens of people reviewing each of these at length, deciding if they are worthy to be marked with the official Lucas Film logo.  

As far as how far they can go with marketing Reylo before VIII is officially released, they have to know there's people out there who only know how to read what's on the surface of a film and nothing more.  There are going to be people out there that can't get past Han's murder without realizing we are going to be getting more backstory, and that Kylo Ren's character is going to evolve.  That's why I'm not anticipating much Reylo marketing prior to VIII, so I am pleasantly surprised we are being given this gem.  Like you said, I believe they are testing the waters.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:51 pm

They could be testing the waters but it's also about gradually directing people away from the red herrings of Reywalker and Finnrey - and that starts with hardcore fans before the GA. They know most of the casual audience won't see this since it's just for the convention really, but those active in the fandom will and it really stands out in the selection of pieces.

All of them are good of course, but it's only the bridal carry one that's overtly romantic and the 'call to the light' one is also a hint as to where things might be going. They were submitted by outside artists, sure, but there has to be an intense selection process and they wouldn't choose anything that didn't actually support what LF overall wish to convey in their story. Otherwise sith would just get confusing.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm

I don't really think they're testing the waters. It sounds more like a take on a fan art contest with LucasFilm employees judging familiar or at least vaguely known artists. IMO that particular piece was voted in because it's aesthetically pleasing, iconic and reflects an aspect of TFA (just like all the others), not as a means of gauging fan reactions. I honestly don't think LucasFilm cares about negative fan reactions. They know what audience they're going to attract with this whole thing. They've known for a long time. And anyway, Star Wars really isn't new to controversy. There will probably never be anything more controversial than the Prequels.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 8:33 pm

What's the name of the bridal carry one?

Also I showed my casual-Reylo-shipper sister the picture and she said the same thing, that it looked like he had just rescued her and he looked "heroic". She laughed too because it was so overtly romantic.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:What's the name of the bridal carry one?

Also I showed my casual-Reylo-shipper sister the picture and she said the same thing, that it looked like he had just rescued her and he looked "heroic". She laughed too because it was so overtly romantic.
@Xylo Ren

It apparently doesn't have a name (some of the artwork doesn't),  but  I don't know if that means it just doesn't have a name or if it (and the other unnamed artworks) might have names by the time Celebration happens... There's one piece that says, "not final art" or something.

I showed the Celebration website art page to a friend (who is a casual GA fan) and she thought the Kylo carrying Rey art looked like it was depicting a romance too! She also said at first glance she thought Rey wasn't wearing any pants!

Last edited by Kessel89 on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm

I really like all the art work they chose for the celebration. I love the Kylo block print poster.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 9:53 pm

Just as proof of a non hive-mind I'll say that I do think Rey looks to be "asleep" or "unconscious" in that image. The actual depiction of her form is much more sexualized than we're accustomed to seeing, but she's hanging limply with one arm at her side. It looks like that famous Gone With the Wind poster crossed with any number of golden age of horror monster carries to me. It's Kylo who makes the image appear to be a lot more suggestive IMO. His legs are revealed and he's standing in a very "heroic" posture. Her face is very peaceful, and he's the one staring down at her.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

@frolickingfizzgig I agree, her head is thrown back in a way that suggests she's fainted or something. Obviously we know it's a reference to the part in the movie where he's basically knocked her unconscious to kidnap her so...that part isn't exactly romantic. But the bridal carry was use of a romantic trope, one to foreshadow what's to come eventually of their dynamic.

And in this image, he is positioned more as a hero than a villain whisking her away. Which is interesting. Her back is definitely arched in a suggestive way. Just for the absolute lols, here are a few more examples of bodice rippers I saw on tumblr. I mean, the piece is so suggestive it really does look like a shipper made it...which kinda shows we're on the money Wink

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o8w8paDXQf1rgz8jq_540
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:38 pm

Maybe “helpless” was a wrong word, I probably should have said “passive” instead.

The two women in the examples above may not look helpless, but their poses are pretty passive. They look ready for action, but they’re ready for action being done to them, rather than doing any action themselves, and there’s no eye contact between them and their men, they just sorta hang limply. Like I said, nothing wrong with it, it’s just not my cuppa. Give me sweaty Kylo locking lightsabers with Rey while gazing into each other’s eyes with the intensity of an atomic mushroom Wink
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm

As usual, tumblr has been quick to respond to these new Reylo developments. Ahem.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Tumblr_o8w1gqv6Li1uwzioqo1_540

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Tumblr_o8w0hokMtJ1qej3rko1_540

This is making me want to read trashy romance novels tbh, and that's something I never do! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:58 pm

WhatGirl wrote:As usual, tumblr has been quick to respond to these new Reylo developments. Ahem.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Tumblr_o8w1gqv6Li1uwzioqo1_540

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 37 Tumblr_o8w0hokMtJ1qej3rko1_540

This is making me want to read trashy romance novels tbh, and that's something I never do! Shocked
@WhatGirl

jeez...just looking at the covers this way shows me how very un-subtle this art is....damn...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:04 pm

WhatGirl wrote:As usual, tumblr has been quick to respond to these new Reylo developments. Ahem.

@WhatGirl

OMG BWAHAHAHAHA! I'm dying! They have taken it and RUN with it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum