ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by Krafty on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm

WhatGirl wrote:As usual, tumblr has been quick to respond to these new Reylo developments. Ahem.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8w1gqv6Li1uwzioqo1_540

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8w0hokMtJ1qej3rko1_540

This is making me want to read trashy romance novels tbh, and that's something I never do! Shocked
@WhatGirl

Haha! I was waiting for that to start. I feel like we were all thinking it!
There is no going back now!

@BastilaBey
I does look like it was done by a shipper. Very much so. I can't for one second believe anyone can look at that image and not think: "Ooh, that's kinda suggestive." I don't believe in coincidences in film or in visual representations in general. A conclusion is meat to be drawn from this image, it's supposed to mean something. The artist is making a statement. What could it possibly be? Confus
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by Slade on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:14 pm

@Krafty wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:As usual, tumblr has been quick to respond to these new Reylo developments. Ahem.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8w1gqv6Li1uwzioqo1_540

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8w0hokMtJ1qej3rko1_540

This is making me want to read trashy romance novels tbh, and that's something I never do! Shocked
@WhatGirl

@BastilaBey
I does look like it was done by a shipper. Very much so. I can't for one second believe anyone can look at that image and not think: "Ooh, that's kinda suggestive." I don't believe in coincidences in film or in visual representations in general. A conclusion is meat to be drawn from this image, it's supposed to mean something. The artist is making a statement. What could it possibly be? Confus
@Krafty

The second book cover makes it even more obvious that that naughty boy is soooo totally looking at her chest!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:29 pm

@Slade wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@WhatGirl

@BastilaBey
@Krafty

The second book cover makes it even more obvious that that naughty boy is soooo totally looking at her chest!
@Slade

Bahaha!
I love your posts so much. I'm now smiling like an idiot behind my computer screen.
lol!
It totally does, you can almost envision the roving eyes behind the mask tracing her features. It's kind of got a weird eroticism vibe to it, same one I felt when watching TFA. I already analyzed Kylo, because of his commanding presence in the image, but Rey's back is very arched and her legs are pulled in suspiciously tight to Kylo's arm... Seriously, I can't even.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:49 pm

@Krafty wrote:
@Slade wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@WhatGirl

@BastilaBey
@Krafty

@Slade

Bahaha!
I love your posts so much. I'm now smiling like an idiot behind my computer screen.
lol!
It totally does, you can almost envision the roving eyes behind the mask tracing her features. It's kind of got a weird eroticism vibe to it, same one I felt when watching TFA. I already analyzed Kylo, because of his commanding presence in the image, but Rey's back is very arched and her legs are pulled in suspiciously tight to Kylo's arm... Seriously, I can't even.
@Krafty

Thank you! And it doesn't help that Kylo's clothing remind one of fetish wear. Jussayin'.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Search Your Feelings on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 12:34 am

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Call-to-the-Light-by-Brandon-Kenney-Art

Another thing I noticed was the way Rey was holding the lightsaber. Very delicately and dangerously. That thing could accidentally turn on and burn her fingers off Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:09 am

@Force22 wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:What's the name of the bridal carry one?

Also I showed my casual-Reylo-shipper sister the picture and she said the same thing, that it looked like he had just rescued her and he looked "heroic". She laughed too because it was so overtly romantic.
@Xylo Ren

He rescued Rey from a boring plot. Laughing
@Force22

YOU WIN. lol!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:06 am

@Armadeus wrote:An interesting tidbit from Wookieepedia:

Following the discovery of his parenthood, Vader became emotionally conflicted. Vader's thoughts of his son, Luke, led to thoughts of his late wife, the woman he loved and destroyed—thoughts he could not allow. Memories would resurface whenever he felt Luke near him, and so, believed in erasing that part of his past. He had become afraid of his compassionate son; not because of his mastery of the Force or skill with a lightsaber, but because Luke could make him question the dark truths that had long ruled him.

There have been some interesting developments in the new Vader comic in this regard.... initially when Vader discovered that Luke was his son, he pursued him all over the galaxy but it was unclear whether he wanted to hurt him or ask him to join him..... but in the more recent comics, he protects Luke and kills those who tried to capture/kill him- even bringing down a ship with the force to save Luke. (Luke is famous as the pilot who destroyed the Death Star so a lot of Imperials are after him). Han even comments that Luke has a guardian angel watching over him and Luke thinks it is the Force Razz - He doesn't know Vader is his father a yet in the story.

I'm actually feeling sorry for Vader in the comics.....the Emperor comes across as a predator/creeper....his comments on how Anakin the boy grew to be a man and was perfect till the Mustafar incident..... and ever since then he has been looking out for replacement apprentices..... it is almost as if the Emperor lost interest in him when he lost his good looks..... very creepy and has some ugly implications..... Evil or Very Mad Shocked

The reason I bring this up is because I wonder how Snoke will react now that handsome Kylo has a scar across his face.... Sad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:14 am

I am finally full aware of the importance of that art piece this morning, and the fact that it was picked by LF for SW Celebration.
If it was the case of a random "trash" pairing - LF would never pick it.

The sexual awekening in all it s glory!
As Tywin Lannister from GOT would say :

The battle is over. We won.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:12 am

OMG those book covers Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had to duck to the restroom at work and compose myself so that my co-workers don't think I've gone crazy laughing like a hyena.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:21 am

@Saracene wrote:OMG those book covers Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had to duck to the restroom at work and compose myself so that my co-workers don't think I've gone crazy laughing like a hyena.
@Saracene

AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:36 am

Hey my eyes are up here!

Gif by pacificwanderer
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8wdjvXCdd1vr4phxo4_540
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:57 am

@Gemini wrote:Hey my eyes are up here!

Gif by pacificwanderer
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8wdjvXCdd1vr4phxo4_540
@Gemini

How did they keep a straight face shooting that scene? Kylo looks like a naughty 14 year old boy!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 4:07 am

Well, I'm late to the party, as usual, but I have to say that I love that bridal carry artwork.  And those romance novel book covers that people have made with it.  I would totally read them! Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 4:27 am

I'll just leave this here

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Giphy
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 4:41 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I'll just leave this here

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 Giphy
@Rei of Sunshine

This is exactly how I felt when I saw the artwork..... I've been rambling on about it.... my husband thinks I've gone mad... bounce sunny jocolor geek cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Did anyone else notice the smoke from the vents in the background?.....a steamy scene literally Razz Twisted Evil

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 4:55 am

[/quote]Though personally I’m not a fan of the helpless Rey/dominant Kylo type of art; nothing against it it’s just not what attracts me about their dynamic.[/quote]
@Saracene

I agree. The fascinating aspect comes from the fact that this is a rivalry between two powerful equals. It's what makes them perfect for one another. If anyone should have the dominating role, it should be Rey based on what went down in TFA. We shouldn't take those pics as a definite confirmation or concrete proof of anything, this one is just a subjective interpretation of a (now) iconic moment from the film. It will get even more iconic in time, especially in hindsight. The sensuality is exaggerated and could easily be taken out of context. In that sense it's not really true to the characters we saw at all. I prefer the animated book cover with the locked lightsabers. However, not all viewers are good at reading subtext (as we know) so this image in particular really hammers home the point that there's something more going on here and could potentially make you want to go back and reassess what you saw on screen (if you are willing to). They went with it in the selection process, they're going to make profit from it and apparently there was nothing controversial that "rubbed them the wrong way".

That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting volume two coming out in 2017: "Stranded on Anch To".
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 5:12 am

@Slade wrote:

Gif by pacificwanderer
@Gemini

How did they keep a straight face shooting that scene? Kylo looks like a naughty 14 year old boy!
@Slade

The look....that look for me was the "whoa boy, what are you doing there?" because for me bridal carry wasn't so meaningful at the time. But the interrogation scene, from the "look, under this mask I am actually human, young, civilized and uh! oh! also kinda hot" to the "I am entering your mind and licking your face but it's just for work" well, well, WEEEEEEELL....

@Saracene @Queen of the Knights
Me too, for me (my opinion, of course) reylo is more about very VERY masculine Kylo (I can't see the so called whiny emo not even squinting, he almost cries and he is vulnerable but he is a human being, men crying and or showing their feelings are not less manly IMO) that become sorta passive, almost submissive, around Rey, and clearly enjoys it.

Last edited by ZenBrainJam on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:21 am

@Force22 wrote:But... you know what, this is huge.

Check it out.

Antis: Reylo is impossible, they're cousins, it's disgusting. You're seeing things, it's just a familial bond, etc. etc.

JJ: Rey's parents are not in TFA.

Antis: Rey already has a love interest, Finn. It's made obvious by the movie. Oh, I can't even with you guys, you are racist and disgusting.

JB: Rey and Finn are just friends.

Antis: Oh, but Disney would never go down that path. It's abusive and disturbing. Think of the children. They would never risk the backlash.

Star Wars celebration showcases sensual art with Rey and Kylo.

Antis: Yeah, well, you know, uh, errr.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 38 K7azJw6
@Force22

1) headcanon
2) headcanon
3) headcanon
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:29 am

@Force22

I grinned and clapped like an idiot while reading this! ROFL Absolute gold! Absolute truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:31 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@Slade wrote:

Gif by pacificwanderer
@Gemini

@Slade

The look....that look for me was the "whoa boy, what are you doing there?" because for me bridal carry wasn't so meaningful at the time. But the interrogation scene, from the "look, under this mask I am actually human, young, civilized and uh! oh! also kinda hot" to the "I am entering your mind and licking your face but it's just for work" well, well, WEEEEEEELL....

@Saracene @Queen of the Knights
Me too, for me (my opinion, of course) reylo is more about very VERY masculine Kylo (I can't see the so called whiny emo not even squinting, he almost cries and he is vulnerable but he is a human being, men crying and or showing their feelings are not less manly IMO) that become sorta passive, almost submissive, around Rey, and clearly enjoys it.
@ZenBrainJam

Couldn't agree more. I do like them as equals, however the definite male to female dynamic is important to establish romance to the viewer Wink
Like in the bridal carry picture, I don't see a cousin carrying a cousin. I look at it and go- He is a man, and she is a woman, with all that implies.
Just like when Kylo was fighting Finn on Starkiller. Kylo was flaunting his dominance through his grandiose movements, in the way he spins, waves his lightsaber around, acts as if this is all terribly tedious, and almost seems to swagger around when effortlessly dodging Finn's blows. From this and other scenes we gather that Kylo is very skilled, intelligent, brutal, and even a little witty(Kylo's sarcasm at Hux was precious). That's all very male, especially when your subconscious mind compares him to the other men in the film. Again I like he and Rey as equals, but a certain dynamic must be employed in visual story telling to get the point across Smile

I went looking for the gif that shows Kylo doing the "Seriously, Traitor, this is soooo boring." lightsaber swing but counld't find a nice one. Oh well. Very Happy
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum