ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3

Post by Gemini on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:05 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:I don't get all the hate toward the reylo fandom, star wars is about love and redemption. We're not talking about die hard but a fairy tale. Reylo will be canon in one way or another. People should start root for the last Skywalker and pray for an epic redemption arc. Seriously. That's why Pablo will never go against the reylo fandom
@Maria Antonietta

It single handedly destroys reywalker and there are too many Luke fanboys online.

GA love Han Solo m, hence the reason his career took off and hamil didn't, that's why the skywalker in this tale is hans son, not Luke's.

Online view does not represent the true popularity of the characters 

Luke was never the most popular, it was always Han Solo
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:10 am

He didn't give up on his son and neither should we.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:11 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:I don't get all the hate toward the reylo fandom, star wars is about love and redemption. We're not talking about die hard but a fairy tale. Reylo will be canon in one way or another. People should start root for the last Skywalker and pray for an epic redemption arc. Seriously. That's why Pablo will never go against the reylo fandom
@Maria Antonietta

It single handedly destroys reywalker and there are too many Luke fanboys online.

GA love Han Solo m, hence the reason his career took off and hamil didn't, that's why the skywalker in this tale is hans son, not Luke's.

@Gemini

If they truly love him, they should know that Han Solo's death means big redemption. But that's just me
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:15 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@Gemini

If they truly love him, they should know that Han Solo's death means big redemption. But that's just me
@Maria Antonietta

I mean all the fanboys online love Luke and want to have Rey be his, not for what it means to Rey but just so Luke can get a good story 

Reylo and the natural narrative progression (redemption) destroys their head canon and the more evidence piling up that not a drop of skywalker blood runs though her veins, the more vicious and pathetic the reywalkers are becoming
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:30 am

Who would Pablo be hated by on Tumblr?

From what I can see, Reylos love him. Whenever he fires back about anything, even if it's completely unrelated to Reylo, I see posts of celebration. I think antis or even more so, ReyWalkers are the ones he's talking about reviling him.

1. I don't follow any antis (obvs) but I would think they don't like how he hasn't criticized Reylo. Has he even said the actual word "Reylo" before? He also made fun of the Claudia Gray boycott.
2. I don't follow ReyWalkers but they obviously have reasons to hate on him because he's said things like "Kylo is the Skywalker" and "people already made up their minds" and COUNTLESS other posts debunking ReyWalker. Honestly, I think this is the thing he's shot down the most.
3. Finally, FinnReys. He hasn't said too much about Finn, really (hmm, why not? He's the main protagonist in A plot, right?) but he did respond positively to the JB comments about friendship and the tweet of JB shooting down the hater that called BS.

It was definitely a neutral answer from all accounts but he didn't have to answer it at all. Plus the fact that the question is asking his opinion on Reylo (which I feel like because he doesn't like Kylo he'd probably not be Reylo's biggest fan) means that it's kind of irrelevant since who Rey loves is not his call.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:47 am

Guys, Pablo is very aware of what happened with Claudia and the threat to boycott her books (which didn't go too well for the antis). I understand why he wouldn't want to answer any shipping questions....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:59 am

Queen of the Knights wrote:He didn't give up on his son and neither should we.
@Queen of the Knights

I have such a tendency to react to Kylo/Ben through parent goggles, this perverse delight people seem to take in imagining Finn, Rey, and Luke teaming up to kill him makes me cringe. I always imagine how his mother must feel and how his father chose a true act of courage in his final moments in putting a hand of love and forgiveness on his son's cheek, the gesture that ensured the Light did not go out in Ben and instead that it simply grew. Ben is very much an entitled selfish brat who must begin taking responsibility for his heinous actions and seek to atone for them, but of course we shouldn't give up on him!
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:59 am

I love Pablo! He phrases his answers very carefully unless it's something that is complete nonsense and then he lets the snark fly. I've seen comments from both Reylo supporters and antis in his Twitter feed, I can see how he wouldn't want to stir up either, positively or negatively! He has never directly poured scorn on Reylo only shipping itself, and that's fair enough because shipping isn't for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 26 May 2016, 7:08 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Queen of the Knights

I have such a tendency to react to Kylo/Ben through parent goggles, this perverse delight people seem to take in imagining Finn, Rey, and Luke teaming up to kill him makes me cringe. I always imagine how his mother must feel and how his father chose a true act of courage in his final moments in putting a hand of love and forgiveness on his son's cheek, the gesture that ensured the Light did not go out in Ben and instead that it simply grew. Ben is very much an entitled selfish brat who must begin taking responsibility for his heinous actions and seek to atone for them, but of course we shouldn't give up on him!
@MeadowofAshes

I believe we will learn much more about his story as the trilogy unfolds. To me he is very much a lost soul, an antihero that needs to find his true self. He can't escape the light no matter how hard he tries. Smile

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 26 May 2016, 7:37 am

@Maria Antonietta

Because casting for Rey and Finn, two characters who were never meant to be a couple (based on what we know about the development process for TFA), was color blind and they ended up with a while woman and a black man, some fans who are active on social (justice) media decided to change the course of film-making by trying to enforce this pairing for "important" reasons. That's all that is. If Jesse Plemons was cast as Finn, nobody would care.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 26 May 2016, 7:44 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

Because casting for Rey and Finn, two characters who were never meant to be a couple (based on what we know about the development process for TFA), was color blind and they ended up with a while woman and a black man, some fans who are active on social (justice) media decided to change the course of film-making by trying to enforce this pairing for "important" reasons. That's all that is. If Jesse Plemons was cast as Finn, nobody would care.

@"

I just find it hilarious how these Finnreys try to hide behind the social justice warrior persona when they say they want an interracial couple on screen, however that false persona unraveled when they didn't class Finn and tran as a interracial couple and instead started slamming her with hatred and such.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 26 May 2016, 7:50 am

@Gemini wrote:

I just find it hilarious how these Finnreys try to hide behind the social justice warrior persona when they say they want an interracial couple on screen, however that false persona unraveled when they didn't class Finn and tran as a interracial couple and instead started slamming her with hatred and such.
@Gemini

Absolutely. They are insincere about "interracial" thing because they are obviously having some unhealthy self-projections that view Rey as Finn's trophy on racial basis among other things. It's really sick.

if they were real supporters of representation in movies including interracial pairings, than they would support FinnTran wholeheartedly especially since such couple is unheard of in blockbusters in leading roles.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 26 May 2016, 7:55 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Gemini

Absolutely. They are insincere about "interracial" thing because they are obviously having some unhealthy self-projections that view Rey as Finn's trophy on racial basis among other things. It's really sick.

if they were real supporters of representation in movies including interracial pairings, than they would support FinnTran wholeheartedly especially since such couple is unheard of in blockbusters in leading roles.
@vaderito

yeah, I mean, whenever it comes to Kylo the antis keep bleating about how people try to whitewash his crimes cause he's white and they keep harping on about how awful white people are....but they really want their precious Finn to be paired off with the white woman?!?!!??
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 26 May 2016, 8:00 am

@Mana wrote:  

yeah, I mean, whenever it comes to Kylo the antis keep bleating about how people try to whitewash his crimes cause he's white and they keep harping on about how awful white people are....but they really want their precious Finn to be paired off with the white woman?!?!!??
@Mana

not to mention there's no white, black, Asian, Desi, Latino, native in SW universe. Humans are humans, one race, no matter the color. Interracial would be Chewie + maz cause different SW races. Human character + human character =/= interracial from that universe POV so pairing 2 characters just because actors are interracial wouldn't advance the story in that regard.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 26 May 2016, 8:53 am

@Mana wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Gemini

@vaderito

@Mana

Like, I don't want Kylo to be redeemed because he's the pretty white boy, I want him redeemed because he's Han and Leia's son. Those two are my OT baes. I've come to accept that their marriage wasn't all nice and everything, quickly than I thought I would. If Kylo dies unredeemed or has a redemption at the last minute, it's going to majorly S*CK for Hanleia. On so many levels. I'm not even going to get into it.

I don't ship Reylo because they're both white. I ship based on symbolism, storytelling, potential and possible character development. Not gonna lie, they both do look good together, but it has nothing to do with both of them being white. If you want to complain about one of the romantic couples in the ST being two white people (I'm saying this based on the fact FinnTran will happen and will involve an Asian girl and a black man), sure, go on. You could complain about Rey being at first supposed to be played by Jessica Henwick, who's Asian, or the fact that George Lucas wanted at first for Han Solo to be black and that therefore Kylo would have been a POC (well, if you REALLY want to get into it, even with a white Han Solo as a father, Kylo does technically have Jewish ancestry (Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher are both Jewish)). At the end of the day, Kylo is played by a white man, because if he was played by, let's say, Leslie Odom Jr., that would have meant Han would have payed his buddy Lando a little visit, and Rey was color-blind cast and a white girl called Daisy Ridley got the role. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if shipping Reylo and not Finnrey is racist, than frankly, I could say shipping Finnrey and not Stormpilot is homophobic. And stop talking about internalized racism already. People need to calm the f*** down.

And yes, FinnTran is actually a much more progressive than Finnrey. If you think black representation in media is bad, believe me, Asian representation is EVEN WORSE. And the fact that we have a female Asian lead in a SW movie, while usually Asian actresses play stereotypes in movies most of the time, is HUGE. So yes, I feel like punching people in the face whenever they say Kelly Marie Tran is going to play a CGI alien and/or is going to have two or three lines. And despite all those rumors of Tran's character betraying Finn, I hope with all my heart FinnTran is endgame. Not at all because it not being endgame might cause a threat to Reylo, but because we need a pairing like FinnTran in media.

*rant over* *I am so sorry*
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 26 May 2016, 8:58 am

@Irina de France

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3 - Page 3 Tumblr_nooy0uPdFZ1tq4of6o1_400

Amazing post! You've written what we all think beautifully!

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 26 May 2016, 9:02 am

I love insistence that KMT will play a CGI alien when she clearly isn't. She didn't wear Mo'cap suit or alien make up on the Space Horse. Delusion is strong with some fans. KMT is playing a human with a ponytail and resistance garb. There. And Finn has his arms wrapped around her and leans his strong torso on her back. Deal with it, antis.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 26 May 2016, 10:15 am

What antis/Finnreys WISH was the official definition of racist:

"rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
Shipping two white characters in a fictional story, instead of one white and one black."

What the actual definition of racist is:

"rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

Sorry bout it.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 26 May 2016, 10:35 am

@Xylo Ren wrote:What antis/Finnreys WISH was the official definition of racist:

"rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
Shipping two white characters in a fictional story, instead of one white and one black."

What the actual definition of racist is:

"rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

Sorry bout it.
@Xylo Ren

I put zero stock in people who cry "internalized racism" and then turn right around and tell me that, I sith you not, "All white people are racist. That's just a fact." It's a stupid statement in and of itself, but pair that statement with the actual fact that I date women of color and it becomes completely laughable. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Apparently irony was lost on this crowd as much as the subtlety of Adam Driver's acting.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 26 May 2016, 12:33 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Queen of the Knights

@MeadowofAshes

I believe we will learn much more about his story as the trilogy unfolds. To me he is very much a lost soul, an antihero that needs to find his true self. He can't escape the light no matter how hard he tries. Smile
@Queen of the Knights

I see it that way too! Welcome to the forum!! :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 26 May 2016, 5:26 pm

@Irina de France wrote:

And yes, FinnTran is actually a much more progressive than Finnrey. If you think black representation in media is bad, believe me, Asian representation is EVEN WORSE. And the fact that we have a female Asian lead in a SW movie, while usually Asian actresses play stereotypes in movies most of the time, is HUGE. So yes, I feel like punching people in the face whenever they say Kelly Marie Tran is going to play a CGI alien and/or is going to have two or three lines. And despite all those rumors of Tran's character betraying Finn, I hope with all my heart FinnTran is endgame. Not at all because it not being endgame might cause a threat to Reylo, but because we need a pairing like FinnTran in media.
@Irina de France

Characters of Asian ethnicity are normally expendable/ cannon fodder in movies....I really hope they don't take that path with KMT....I'll be really angry Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary on Fri 27 May 2016, 4:39 am

For anyone who ever fretted over that silly ashes reveal, Pablo clearly doesn't think it's particularly relevant to well...anything.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3 - Page 3 Tweet210

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Fri 27 May 2016, 4:59 am

@Blackcanary wrote:For anyone who ever fretted over that silly ashes reveal, Pablo clearly doesn't think it's particularly relevant to well...anything.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 3 - Page 3 Tweet210

@Blackcanary

its not even in the canon so who gives a fine ****?????
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 May 2016, 5:05 am

@panki wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:

@Irina de France

Characters of Asian ethnicity are normally expendable/ cannon fodder in movies....I really hope they don't take that path with KMT....I'll be really angry Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
@panki

Me too! Which is one of the reasons why I hope that the rumours about her betraying him aren't true - even if it would make a good story. If there is too be tension in their relationship, I hope it involves her not trusting him because he defected from the First Order, so he has to prove himself in her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 27 May 2016, 8:04 am

@MissG wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:That answer doesn't mean anything, IMO. If he said an opinion either way, he'd infuriate some folks. Saying something negative about Reylo would infuriate the Reylos. Saying something positive would infuriate the FinnReys, Reywalkers, Kylux folk, etc. He is simply dodging the entire question of shipping (and probably doesn't have much of an opinion on shipping specifics, anyway).

Even if he personally disliked Reylo, that wouldn't say anything about the story, btw.
@Darth Dingbat

What I find even more interesting is that he had no problem debunking and laughing at other theories which brought attacks on him, but with Reylo is quite careful.
@MissG

He won't ever debunk us. I read this tweet as actually more positive than neutral. Tumblr has a reputation of having a toxic environment when it comes to shipping, and in terms of Reylo, it's chalked full of anti's. Pablo knows this. Hence the term "Reviled."

Our ship will sail - you can count on it. Smile
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum