So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Empty Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Forsythia on Sun 14 Apr - 7:58

@special_cases wrote:@LadyGaufrette OH YEAH

I was too lazy yesterday to make all gifs and callbacks from PT. Thank you for posting!

Also Rey&Kylo rendez-vous looks like callback to Qui Gon Jinn and Maul fight

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy

Anakin and Rey running from a Darksider:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy

Qui-Gon and Rey jumping up to a moving ship:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Empty Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sun 14 Apr - 13:12

@Forsythia, @special_cases
Good finds, the one with Anakin and Rey running from a Darksider is very similar.
Too bad Rey has not her date haircut from TLJ, she would have looked even more like Qui-Gon.
I wonder if there is more in the teaser.

By the way, I saw people call Rey a Mary Sue because of her jump, but now I'm reminded that Qui-Gon did the same and no one batted an eye.
I'll never understand some people.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sun 14 Apr - 14:13

@LadyGaufrette wrote:By the way, I saw people call Rey a Mary Sue because of her jump, but now I'm reminded that Qui-Gon did the same and no one batted an eye.

I've seen that too, and I don't understand it because there was a lot more over-the-top jumping around in the prequels, for example Anakin was jumping from and landing on moving vehicles early on in AotC or the duel of Anakin and Obi-Wan in RotS, and I don't recall people calling them Mary Sues.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen on Sun 14 Apr - 15:11

@Forsythia wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:By the way, I saw people call Rey a Mary Sue because of her jump, but now I'm reminded that Qui-Gon did the same and no one batted an eye.

I've seen that too, and I don't understand it because there was a lot more over-the-top jumping around in the prequels, for example Anakin was jumping from and landing on moving vehicles early on in AotC or the duel of Anakin and Obi-Wan in RotS, and I don't recall people calling them Mary Sues.
@Forsythia
That's simply because Rey is a woman. This is called sexism. Evil or Very Mad
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Wed 17 Apr - 10:50

Found by @californiagirl
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Inkeds37

I'm happy someone made this parallel because my first impression with the image of Kylo was that he looked similar to Anakin looking at this grave. Which made me fear for Leia's fate.
However for Rey I though she was looking at her parents' graves when it's not the case.
Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr - 7:54

Maybe it's just me, but I find the discovery of the Gungan capital similar to the discovery of this new city in the teaser.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 2UO90oe
(if one of you has a similar gif in HD, I'm interested.)
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_ppuzjiQ2G41qhcdpbo4_400
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_p69fk6wVoJ1w4t7wqo5_540

The mountains in the night look like the bottom of an ocean.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 CLu767l
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 StarwarsI_1310
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 18 Apr - 9:11

@LadyGaufrette

I like that thought! What a great parallel.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr - 9:54

@12 Parsnips
Thanks!

I was reading corseque and ashesforfoxes twitter discussion on the symbolism of Minoan bull dancing (I don't know if they're on this forum), and they found a new parallel between Rey and Padmé.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Sw_bul10
https://twitter.com/northgalis/status/1118640163133906944
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 Apr - 9:57

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@12 Parsnips
Thanks!

I was reading corseque and ashesforfoxes twitter discussion on the symbolism of Minoan bull dancing (I don't know if they're on this forum), and they found a new parallel between Rey and Padmé.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Sw_bul10
@LadyGaufrette

The only problem is Rey doesn't have any red clothing. But you know who has a brand spanking new ship with red detail? Maybe Rey's the bull and Kylo's chasing after her. Very Happy
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr - 11:20

@nemapasara wrote:
The only problem is Rey doesn't have any red clothing. But you know who has a brand spanking new ship with red detail? Maybe Rey's the bull and Kylo's chasing after her. Very Happy
@nemapasara

I like this inversion, and after all, reylo is reverse anidala!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 19 Apr - 0:22

Agree. I've always thought that Kylo had a lot of parallels with his Grandma Padme. I'll try to find my old posts about this Smile However, Rey has some parallels with Padme through
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Padme110
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 2qiojj10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 19 Apr - 2:34

@reylo1992

Oh, it's a good one!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Fri 19 Apr - 6:08

@LadyGaufrette wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I find the discovery of the Gungan capital similar to the discovery of this new city in the teaser.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 2UO90oe
(if one of you has a similar gif in HD, I'm interested.)
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_ppuzjiQ2G41qhcdpbo4_400
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_p69fk6wVoJ1w4t7wqo5_540

You're right, I can see it. Though my first thought was that the teaser scene was similar to the arrivals on Geonosis and Canto Bight in AotC and TLJ.

Jango Fett and Obi-Wan arriving on Geonosis:

Finn and Rose arriving on Canto Bight:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy

I noticed another scene that made me think of reverse Anidala. When Anakin kills towards the end of his trilogy, he is looking at an eclipse. We get similar imagery for Kylo at the start of his trilogy when Rey and Finn look at the "eclipse" from Starkiller Base and he kills Han.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Vlcsna12 So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Vlcsna13
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 19 Apr - 9:16

With the return of good ole Sheev, I am convinced more than ever that Reverse Anidala is real, and the concept is going to be very in your face in Episode IX. Even casual movie goers who have seen the prequels will understand the concept. Whereas in the PT, Palps manipulated Anakin's love for Padme, poisoned it while both encouraging it. With Rey and Ben, he is going to do his best to keep them apart, and fighting with each other.

And instead of hiding secrets as Anakin did with Padme, Ben is going to be very open with Rey about everything that's happening and that he knows. Ben may have done a lot of things in his life, but one thing he has never done is lie - especially to Rey. And instead of lifting up Palpatine to power as Anakin did, Ben is going to be the one to finally snuff him out - finish what Vader started.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr - 10:50

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@12 Parsnips
Thanks!

@LadyGaufrette

OMG! Thank you. This is the first reference I have seen referring to Anakin as the bull. Perfect! Anakin & Obiwan/ Kylo-Ben & Rey are the four cherubim on the Wheel of Fortune Card.. which is why it is my Avatar.

Anakin & Kylo Ben are the Bull & Eagle ( Phoenix) /Scorpio ( Skywalkers that Rise or are Reborn)
Rey & Obi Wan are The Man & The Lion

Kylo's ship really does look like a bull and it being red is perfect since the constellation Taurus has a Red Eye the star Aldebaran ( like Alderan)

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Taurus

The jump Rey does is the lion ( king) jumping the bull... if you superimpose the lines from the teaser trailer for Black Panther the moment T'challa does the reverse back flip onto the car it is when you hear the voice over from his father telling him that "your a good man and it is hard for a good man to be King" So this is a perfect riff from JJ... king

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_ppz12kinlO1t36jgc_400
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_ppz0yxM6yi1t36jgc_400

But this is a subject for another thread.. I just wanted to acknowledge that you brought my attention to Anakin as the bull & Kylo's ship that looks like bull's horns.  Again thanks.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 19 Apr - 17:26

@Forsythia
How did I never see this eclipse. Shocked
It is a beautiful parallel between Anakin and Kylo, I'm happy that you showed me this.

@spacebaby45678
Glad you liked the topic. I don't have knowledge in all of this, so all I can do is share the informations.
I'm curious to see the conclusion you'll make on what all this could mean.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr - 17:52

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@Forsythia
How did I never see this eclipse. Shocked
It is a beautiful parallel between Anakin and Kylo, I'm happy that you showed me this.

@spacebaby45678
Glad you liked the topic. I don't have knowledge in all of this, so all I can do is share the informations.
I'm curious to see the conclusion you'll make on what all this could mean.
@LadyGaufrette

All the answers are with the Tarot/Oracle... I will make a separate thread so I can put the correspondences and everyone can come to their own conclusions. But, Reylo is written in the stars/constellations literally. Ring Theory was the thing that originally interested me, Rey's parallels with Obi Wan and reverse Anidala but there are deeper levels to the rings ( circles).

While Anidala or reverse Anidala is an important element in the ST, it is not the MOST important, I think Jason Fry implied as much, that Rey & Kylo's connection is more complicated than "romance' and that is where Tarot is really useful in helping to identify the mythological motifs that connect the twin heroes.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Mon 6 May - 13:28

this seems vaguely relevant here. (it's pretty sound analysis, i  Love it very much)
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 25 Jun - 19:14

I posted this on Tumblr, and I thought I should post it here too. I'm not sure if someone has posted something similar, I couldn't find anything.
It's long so I'm putting it here:
Something interesting I found in Revenge of the Sith: Junior novelization by Patricia C. Wrede
A few months ago, my friend bought me this book, but I had not had time to read it until now, and I'm finding it very entertaining (it's the Spanish translation, so there may be some differences to the English version). On chapter 13, I found two interesting bits:
. Anakin hears Palpatine's voice inside his mind. This is part of the movie, but reading it made me see it in a different context, and it reminds me of the theory about him being the presence inside Ben's mind and not Snoke:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Cancil10
The chancellor's voice spoke in his mind, words he had not said before: "You know that if the Jedi destroy me, any chance of saving Padmé will be lost."
.This is very interesting and heartbreaking at the same time Sad : there's a scene, between Anakin and Padmé (it's also in the movie but it's explored more deeply here), that reminds me a lot of Rey and Ben's bond, (they call it “connection through the Force”!).
Here are some quotes:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 20190610
«No!» Anakin blindly looked not for the chancellor, but for the person he loved. For Padmé. And just then, he perceived a presence, as if it was there, not just in the Jedi Council Chamber, but in his own mind and heart too, a real meeting through the Force.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Padmzo10
Padmé was alone in the main room of her apartment when she felt Anakin's presence with her. «What is he doing here at this hour?», she thought and looked up. She blinked and shook her head. The room was empty, except that for an instant, she thought she saw the Jedi Council Chamber.
And then the connection was established completely and she knew. Anakin was there, alone, in the Jedi Council Chamber and he was there, with her. She felt his love and his fear for her; the terrible fear that was tearing up his heart. The terror of her dying. She hadn't realised how great it was.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Conexi10
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Anakin10
When the connection through the Force started to vanish, she repeated the words she had said on that occasion, when she had confessed her love for the first time. Anakin wouldn't listen, of course, but maybe he'd feel the love behind them, that love that was now stronger and deeper than ever.
- I love you truly and deeply- said Padmé's voice in Anakin's mind-. Before I die, I want you to know it.
The connection through the Force finally disappeared, but her words echoed: «Before I die, before I die, before I die.». Anakin shuddered. «Padmé, no.». But the connection had disappeared, she had disappeared and he was alone in the Council Chamber. As alone as he will be, always and everywhere, when Padmé dies.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees on Wed 26 Jun - 11:54

There is one thing that confuses me about the Reverse Anidala theory - If Anakin and Padmé were selfish in love and married in secret even though they both had other commitments/obligations, wouldn’t that mean Rey and Ben would be selfless in love i.e putting what was best for others and the galaxy at large before their own desires? Even if it meant they could never be together? I do see it happening that way, I’m just surprised the theory is so popular in the fandom when the outcome would be more platonic than romantic.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 26 Jun - 12:38

@YeeRees wrote:There is one thing that confuses me about the Reverse Anidala theory - If Anakin and Padmé were selfish in love and married in secret even though they both had other commitments/obligations, wouldn’t that mean Rey and Ben would be selfless in love i.e putting what was best for others and the galaxy at large before their own desires? Even if it meant they could never be together? I do see it happening that way, I’m just surprised the theory is so popular in the fandom when the outcome would be more platonic than romantic.
@YeeRees
I see it this way:
Because they were selfish, Anakin and Padmé got separated in the end. Padmé chose to ignore the bad things Anakin had done because she loved him and wanted to be with him (he killed even "the women and the children" and she married him anyway), and Anakin fell to the Dark side and put the entire Galaxy in chaos to save the person he loved, not caring about the others.
Rey, unlike Padmé, decided not to be with Ben while he's still doing bad things (she's putting the greater good before her personal interests: finding her belonging with Ben). Ben is still acting selfishly (not caring about what happens to Rey's friends, etc), but I'm sure he will make a selfless act in TRoS and in way, he will "let Rey go". And, because of their good actions, they will receive their reward: they will be able to be together in the end.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Wed 26 Jun - 12:42

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@YeeRees wrote:There is one thing that confuses me about the Reverse Anidala theory - If Anakin and Padmé were selfish in love and married in secret even though they both had other commitments/obligations, wouldn’t that mean Rey and Ben would be selfless in love i.e putting what was best for others and the galaxy at large before their own desires? Even if it meant they could never be together? I do see it happening that way, I’m just surprised the theory is so popular in the fandom when the outcome would be more platonic than romantic.
@YeeRees
I see it this way:
Because they were selfish, Anakin and Padmé got separated in the end. Padmé chose to ignore the bad things Anakin had done because she loved him and wanted to be with him (he killed even "the women and the children" and she married him anyway), and Anakin fell to the Dark side and put the entire Galaxy in chaos to save the person he loved, not caring about the others.
Rey, unlike Padmé, decided not to be with Ben while he's still doing bad things (she's putting the greater good before her personal interests: finding her belonging with Ben). Ben is still acting selfishly (not caring about what happens to Rey's friends, etc), but I'm sure he will make a selfless act in TRoS and in way, he will "let Rey go". And, because of their good actions, they will receive their reward: they will be able to be together in the end.
@Moonlight13

Yeah, if it goes this way I suspect the old adage: "If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was" coming into play, probably with the "coming back" beat being the final one.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 26 Jun - 12:56

@nickandnora wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@YeeRees
I see it this way:
@Moonlight13

Yeah, if it goes this way I suspect the old adage: "If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was" coming into play, probably with the "coming back" beat being the final one.
@nickandnora
I totally agree, I thought about that too. Very Happy
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 26 Jun - 13:37

It's literally "too much of his father's heart in you" for Ben in terms of finally deciding who he is and taking a risk (which he isn't doing at present with falling to the DS and making a power grab).
Also we know JJ met with Lucas, Kasdan has been part of the Story Group prior to the Disney sale as a consultant and Solo wasn't a standalone it's a prequel to the ST.

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Screen28
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Screen29
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Screen30
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Screen31

Selfless versus selfish, especially via his relationship with Rey, will come back full circle to what Lucas discussed when ending the PT and believing he was done (for the 2nd time) with the Saga. Quotes courtesy of a social media mutual from JD Rizler's book about RotS

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Screen36
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 D97wc0zUwAAV94W

It's not random/throwaway that they've talked about the difference between heroes and villains and deciding who you are for Han as a parallel to his son. Or how Ben feels the pressure of Vader's 'strength' and 'legacy' weighing down on him and wants to prove himself. He's gonna do what Vader never could do and it has to do with who his scruffy scoundrel father was *and* it'll be a selfless act because of his feelings for Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 26 Jun - 14:42

@IoJovi wrote:With the return of good ole Sheev, I am convinced more than ever that Reverse Anidala is real, and the concept is going to be very in your face in Episode IX. Even casual movie goers who have seen the prequels will understand the concept. Whereas in the PT, Palps manipulated Anakin's love for Padme, poisoned it while both encouraging it. With Rey and Ben, he is going to do his best to keep them apart, and fighting with each other.

And instead of hiding secrets as Anakin did with Padme, Ben is going to be very open with Rey about everything that's happening and that he knows. Ben may have done a lot of things in his life, but one thing he has never done is lie - especially to Rey. And instead of lifting up Palpatine to power as Anakin did, Ben is going to be the one to finally snuff him out - finish what Vader started.
@IoJovi

Well, he did tell a whopper of a lie to Hux: “The girl murdered Snoke.” And he tried to lie to Snoke about being chill about how Han Solo meant nothing to him and then about how he didn’t flinch at killing his father— I’d say he also tried to lie to himself there. But he’s been very honest with Rey.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum