So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Empty Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Forsythia on Sun 14 Apr - 7:58

@special_cases wrote:@LadyGaufrette OH YEAH

I was too lazy yesterday to make all gifs and callbacks from PT. Thank you for posting!

Also Rey&Kylo rendez-vous looks like callback to Qui Gon Jinn and Maul fight

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy

Anakin and Rey running from a Darksider:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy

Qui-Gon and Rey jumping up to a moving ship:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Empty Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sun 14 Apr - 13:12

@Forsythia, @special_cases
Good finds, the one with Anakin and Rey running from a Darksider is very similar.
Too bad Rey has not her date haircut from TLJ, she would have looked even more like Qui-Gon.
I wonder if there is more in the teaser.

By the way, I saw people call Rey a Mary Sue because of her jump, but now I'm reminded that Qui-Gon did the same and no one batted an eye.
I'll never understand some people.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sun 14 Apr - 14:13

@LadyGaufrette wrote:By the way, I saw people call Rey a Mary Sue because of her jump, but now I'm reminded that Qui-Gon did the same and no one batted an eye.

I've seen that too, and I don't understand it because there was a lot more over-the-top jumping around in the prequels, for example Anakin was jumping from and landing on moving vehicles early on in AotC or the duel of Anakin and Obi-Wan in RotS, and I don't recall people calling them Mary Sues.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen on Sun 14 Apr - 15:11

@Forsythia wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:By the way, I saw people call Rey a Mary Sue because of her jump, but now I'm reminded that Qui-Gon did the same and no one batted an eye.

I've seen that too, and I don't understand it because there was a lot more over-the-top jumping around in the prequels, for example Anakin was jumping from and landing on moving vehicles early on in AotC or the duel of Anakin and Obi-Wan in RotS, and I don't recall people calling them Mary Sues.
@Forsythia
That's simply because Rey is a woman. This is called sexism. Evil or Very Mad
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Wed 17 Apr - 10:50

Found by @californiagirl
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Inkeds37

I'm happy someone made this parallel because my first impression with the image of Kylo was that he looked similar to Anakin looking at this grave. Which made me fear for Leia's fate.
However for Rey I though she was looking at her parents' graves when it's not the case.
Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr - 7:54

Maybe it's just me, but I find the discovery of the Gungan capital similar to the discovery of this new city in the teaser.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 2UO90oe
(if one of you has a similar gif in HD, I'm interested.)
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_ppuzjiQ2G41qhcdpbo4_400
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_p69fk6wVoJ1w4t7wqo5_540

The mountains in the night look like the bottom of an ocean.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 CLu767l
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 StarwarsI_1310
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 18 Apr - 9:11

@LadyGaufrette

I like that thought! What a great parallel.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr - 9:54

@12 Parsnips
Thanks!

I was reading corseque and ashesforfoxes twitter discussion on the symbolism of Minoan bull dancing (I don't know if they're on this forum), and they found a new parallel between Rey and Padmé.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Sw_bul10
https://twitter.com/northgalis/status/1118640163133906944
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 Apr - 9:57

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@12 Parsnips
Thanks!

I was reading corseque and ashesforfoxes twitter discussion on the symbolism of Minoan bull dancing (I don't know if they're on this forum), and they found a new parallel between Rey and Padmé.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Sw_bul10
@LadyGaufrette

The only problem is Rey doesn't have any red clothing. But you know who has a brand spanking new ship with red detail? Maybe Rey's the bull and Kylo's chasing after her. Very Happy
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr - 11:20

@nemapasara wrote:
The only problem is Rey doesn't have any red clothing. But you know who has a brand spanking new ship with red detail? Maybe Rey's the bull and Kylo's chasing after her. Very Happy
@nemapasara

I like this inversion, and after all, reylo is reverse anidala!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 19 Apr - 0:22

Agree. I've always thought that Kylo had a lot of parallels with his Grandma Padme. I'll try to find my old posts about this Smile However, Rey has some parallels with Padme through
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Padme110
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 2qiojj10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 19 Apr - 2:34

@reylo1992

Oh, it's a good one!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Fri 19 Apr - 6:08

@LadyGaufrette wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I find the discovery of the Gungan capital similar to the discovery of this new city in the teaser.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 2UO90oe
(if one of you has a similar gif in HD, I'm interested.)
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_ppuzjiQ2G41qhcdpbo4_400
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_p69fk6wVoJ1w4t7wqo5_540

You're right, I can see it. Though my first thought was that the teaser scene was similar to the arrivals on Geonosis and Canto Bight in AotC and TLJ.

Jango Fett and Obi-Wan arriving on Geonosis:

Finn and Rose arriving on Canto Bight:
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Giphy

I noticed another scene that made me think of reverse Anidala. When Anakin kills towards the end of his trilogy, he is looking at an eclipse. We get similar imagery for Kylo at the start of his trilogy when Rey and Finn look at the "eclipse" from Starkiller Base and he kills Han.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Vlcsna12 So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Vlcsna13
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 19 Apr - 9:16

With the return of good ole Sheev, I am convinced more than ever that Reverse Anidala is real, and the concept is going to be very in your face in Episode IX. Even casual movie goers who have seen the prequels will understand the concept. Whereas in the PT, Palps manipulated Anakin's love for Padme, poisoned it while both encouraging it. With Rey and Ben, he is going to do his best to keep them apart, and fighting with each other.

And instead of hiding secrets as Anakin did with Padme, Ben is going to be very open with Rey about everything that's happening and that he knows. Ben may have done a lot of things in his life, but one thing he has never done is lie - especially to Rey. And instead of lifting up Palpatine to power as Anakin did, Ben is going to be the one to finally snuff him out - finish what Vader started.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr - 10:50

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@12 Parsnips
Thanks!

@LadyGaufrette

OMG! Thank you. This is the first reference I have seen referring to Anakin as the bull. Perfect! Anakin & Obiwan/ Kylo-Ben & Rey are the four cherubim on the Wheel of Fortune Card.. which is why it is my Avatar.

Anakin & Kylo Ben are the Bull & Eagle ( Phoenix) /Scorpio ( Skywalkers that Rise or are Reborn)
Rey & Obi Wan are The Man & The Lion

Kylo's ship really does look like a bull and it being red is perfect since the constellation Taurus has a Red Eye the star Aldebaran ( like Alderan)

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Taurus

The jump Rey does is the lion ( king) jumping the bull... if you superimpose the lines from the teaser trailer for Black Panther the moment T'challa does the reverse back flip onto the car it is when you hear the voice over from his father telling him that "your a good man and it is hard for a good man to be King" So this is a perfect riff from JJ... king

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_ppz12kinlO1t36jgc_400
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_ppz0yxM6yi1t36jgc_400

But this is a subject for another thread.. I just wanted to acknowledge that you brought my attention to Anakin as the bull & Kylo's ship that looks like bull's horns.  Again thanks.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 19 Apr - 17:26

@Forsythia
How did I never see this eclipse. Shocked
It is a beautiful parallel between Anakin and Kylo, I'm happy that you showed me this.

@spacebaby45678
Glad you liked the topic. I don't have knowledge in all of this, so all I can do is share the informations.
I'm curious to see the conclusion you'll make on what all this could mean.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr - 17:52

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@Forsythia
How did I never see this eclipse. Shocked
It is a beautiful parallel between Anakin and Kylo, I'm happy that you showed me this.

@spacebaby45678
Glad you liked the topic. I don't have knowledge in all of this, so all I can do is share the informations.
I'm curious to see the conclusion you'll make on what all this could mean.
@LadyGaufrette

All the answers are with the Tarot/Oracle... I will make a separate thread so I can put the correspondences and everyone can come to their own conclusions. But, Reylo is written in the stars/constellations literally. Ring Theory was the thing that originally interested me, Rey's parallels with Obi Wan and reverse Anidala but there are deeper levels to the rings ( circles).

While Anidala or reverse Anidala is an important element in the ST, it is not the MOST important, I think Jason Fry implied as much, that Rey & Kylo's connection is more complicated than "romance' and that is where Tarot is really useful in helping to identify the mythological motifs that connect the twin heroes.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum