So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:09 am

I just want to say thanks for this thread. It is very helpful for those of us who have not seen the PT. Personally I have seen the first PT film once, but not the other two films.

Someone on Youtube has posted a visual comparison between Rey/Kylo and Padme/Anakin. Am I allowed to post that here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOBlr5Ltxp8

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 11:37 am

@MyOnlyHope

"Where Anakina and Padme failed, Rey and Kylo will succeed" you could not say it better Smile
@Crystalfox

also in this one of my favorites Smile   This trilogy will be rich of  parallels between Anakin/Padme and Kylo/Rey
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 1:37 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig
This conversation from AOTC is quite thought provoking. One of the most central tensions between Anakin and Padme was actually political, and I think a similar tension needs to be resolved in the ST. Where Anakina and Padme failed, Rey and Kylo will succeed.
PADME: You really don't like politicians, do you?  

ANAKIN: I like two or three, but I'm not really sure about one of them. (smiling) I don't think the system works.

PADME: How would you have it work?

ANAKIN:  We need a system where the politicians sit down and discuss the problems, agree what's in the best interests of all the people, and then do it.  

PADME:  That is exactly what we do. The trouble is that people don't wlways agree. In fact, they hardly ever do.  

ANAKIN:  Then they should be made to.  

PADME:  By whom? Who's going to make them?  

ANAKIN:  I don't know. Someone.  

PADME:  You?  

ANAKIN:  Of course not me.  

PADME:  But someone.

ANAKIN:  Someone wise.  

PADME:  That sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.

[A mischievious little grin creeps across his face. ]

ANAKIN:  Well, if it works...
Moving into the final chapter, Kylo has become what Anakin described in AOTC, the leader of a dictatorship. Something TLJ introduced to me is the idea that Kylo has a sincere and growing desire to spearhead a new order and restore peace to a broken galaxy through control. He thinks he's right. He thinks the dictatorial approach is genuinely in the best interest of the galaxy. I think he even has a lot of the right motives, but he's going about achieving them in all the wrong ways. Interestingly enough, politics are one of the aspects of Kylo's character Adam seems to focus on the most. Just go look at any interview about the character. Kylo is actually being established as a very politically-oriented character. So what if this story isn't only about Kylo realizing his political approaches and belief system are wrong, but also about him grasping what's right and starting along the path to doing everything he can to help the galaxy recover. Doing genuine good for the world he was complicit in wronging is so much more satisfying than just seeing him die or take off never to be seen again... How does that help the galaxy? How does that unite all three trilogies? A full developed version of Ben Solo who integrates so many aspects of his family (his grandmother and mother's desire to do political good, his father's loving heart and his uncle's failure) is one I'd love to see.

As per Luke's dying lesson on failure, I think Kylo has to fail miserably at leading the wrong way. There's no such thing as a good dictatorship in Star Wars. I think he can learn from what doesn't work and one day play a part in restoring democracy. This whole story has to be leading to the restoration of the Republic and the restoration of the Jedi Order, but this time the failures of the past will finally be learned from. Maybe a new political and spiritual system bound by selfless, unconditional love and compassion could help unite the galaxy and put an end to oppression and slavery?

Needless to say, I also think this kind of resolution works best with Kylo sacrificing his powers and moving forward as just a man with the loving heart and wise mind (having learned what doesn't work first-hand) to do good. Of course such a conclusion is also very much in line with inverse Anidala. The ST can accomplish the kind of happy ending that the OT never did with both the Jedi Order and the Republic being restored through love and joint action (and having learned from the failure of the spiritual and political past) and bringing all three trilogies full circle.
@MyOnlyHope

In almost any interview with Adam Driver talking about Kylo, he also always mentions how Kylo thinks what he's doing is right. And despite the frequent comparisons to his father in the movies, he's very passionate and dedicated to his cause (even if it's the wrong cause). He takes a lot after his mother in this regard. I guess the only difference is that his political zeal is rooted in very personal issues (his hatred for the Resistance seems to stem from bitterness/resentment of his family prioritising the cause over him) and a deep sense of betrayal. It's actually extraordinary how much betrayal has shaped Kylo's arc and how formative it's been in creating his "Let the past die/burn everything down" anarchist mentality. (It's also why I'm confused as to why people label him a fascist as fascism is all about glorification of the past/recreating it which directly contradicts the barely discernible political ideology we've seen emerging from Kylo, but I digress.) From his POV, everyone he's ever known has contributed to an unjust sense of betrayal and feeling wronged. His parents, his uncle, Snoke, even Rey (when she rejects his offer); and his ensuing identity crisis is evident when he makes it clear that he wants to tear down all the 'rotten' institutions that have been complicit in forming the broken mess that is Kylo Ren. There's too much emotional baggage and hurt associated with all that, which is why I can never see him returning to the Resistance even if he is redeemed. He may not have planned it, but taking power over the First Order was the first time he gained some agency in his life. He's moved past being a Vader wannabe and can do whatever he wants, but more importantly, he's the top dog now. Sometimes to protect yourself from getting hurt/abused/manipulated, you have to climb to the top so you don't have to suffer any longer.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 1:48 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
Needless to say, I also think this kind of resolution works best with Kylo sacrificing his powers and moving forward as just a man with the loving heart and wise mind (having learned what doesn't work first-hand) to do good. Of course such a conclusion is also very much in line with inverse Anidala. The ST can accomplish the kind of happy ending that the OT never did with both the Jedi Order and the Republic being restored through love and joint action (and having learned from the failure of the spiritual and political past) and bringing all three trilogies full circle.
@MyOnlyHope
I think this is spot on. However, I'll go one further and say that I believe Rey will be the one to take up the political mantle by being part of the reformed Republic for a time, while Ben gets his act together as a man with, as you said "a loving heart and a wise mind" (my personal idea is that he becomes a writer of the new "sacred texts" of the force). And then when they are both ready, they will rejoin each other to create that institution that this has really all been about overall: a family (though this might just be implied in the film itself).

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:15 pm

It's interesting to read different reviews/takes and how they interpret the characters through the franchise's history. Because while they touch on the PT elements show so far in 2 movies and between these two characters (though Rey is nothing like Padme, aka the Diane Court of Star Wars IMO). What's interesting is that most of what I've read concludes that the ending of the Throne Room scene is about him fully going over to the Dark Side. I've probably only watched the PT through 1-2x, but what struck me was how RJ presented another scenario of a young man who's committed himself to an order/cause and who serves a Master. But when forced to make a decision that either supports the order he belongs or which results in the death of the woman he loves, he betrays his order and his Master in order to save her. Kylo/Ben just happens to be more successful in that effort than his grandfather was and unlike the PT, the lady in question escaped to fight another day. Close to the top of my Wish List for what would be a central plot point would be the fallout in the First Order when the truth comes out that he murdered Snoke and it was done largely because he chose Rey over the First Order and everything he's committed himself too. You have Hux supposedly plotting and failing twice to kill him and breathing down his neck at the end, like that's a set up right there for some drama better than just "He fell to the Dark Side and is going to become the villain." Because even if Rey turns out to not be #1 on the First Order's hit list, she's still got a bullseye on her back thanks to her relationship with the new Supreme Leader.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:28 am

For me reverse Anidala is:
Anakin. He was nobody, son of a slave, full of power and talent. He falls in love with a princess, wants power without losing the princess. IN the moment he has to choose between love or power he chooses power.
Kylo; is a fallen prince who dreams of being loved (an ugly little duck), knows a nobody girl, sees in her the hope of being better and falls in love with her. He obtains power without ever having desired it. (He only wants to be black or white, not half white and half darck). If he has to choose between power and love ... who knows what he will choose? Laughing queen
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamiller1390 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:46 am

Something I noticed about Padme and Anakin was that their love, at least on Anakin's Side was more...obsessive. He was totally obsessed with Padme and that kind of dynamic is just begging for danger.

Anakin loved her but Lust is a more... accurate term of how he felt for her and how he interacted with her. They were never on equal footing either. Padme having a lot of Political sway while Anakin, very powerful with the force had almost no sway within the Jedi itself. Likewise, Padme had no force abilities that we are aware of. They were never equal and in balance with each other.

There is a theory that Kylo and Rey are the rebirths of Anakin and Padme but now they are equals in the Force. The force meant to be balanced from Anakin and Padme but it didn't work so now Kylo and Rey are the reincarnations.

The summary of the mirror relationships given above by @vaderito is spot on and I hope they go with this narrative because it would be fascinating to see. The scene in the Throne Room was a DIRECT mirror of the Scene between Padme and Anakin on Mustafar. Rey pleading with Kylo not to go down that path... Padme telling Anakin that he's going down a path she can't follow.

I would like that. I would like to see a relationship blossom inversely from Padme and Anakin. One born of mutual respect and equality in the sense that they are both Equally powerful in the Force. That their love is not an obsessive one but a compassionate one and one of understanding. That they find a compromise in their perspective opinions and views of the world and that is how they bring balance.
Lamiller1390
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 5:10 am

@Lamiller1390 wrote:Something I noticed about Padme and Anakin was that their love, at least on Anakin's Side was more...obsessive. He was totally obsessed with Padme and that kind of dynamic is just begging for danger.

Anakin loved her but Lust is a more... accurate term of how he felt for her and how he interacted with her. They were never on equal footing either. Padme having a lot of Political sway while Anakin, very powerful with the force had almost no sway within the Jedi itself. Likewise, Padme had no force abilities that we are aware of. They were never equal and in balance with each other.

There is a theory that Kylo and Rey are the rebirths of Anakin and Padme but now they are equals in the Force. The force meant to be balanced from Anakin and Padme but it didn't work so now Kylo and Rey are the reincarnations.

The summary of the mirror relationships given above by @vaderito is spot on and I hope they go with this narrative because it would be fascinating to see. The scene in the Throne Room was a DIRECT mirror of the Scene between Padme and Anakin on Mustafar. Rey pleading with Kylo not to go down that path... Padme telling Anakin that he's going down a path she can't follow.

I would like that. I would like to see a relationship blossom inversely from Padme and Anakin. One born of mutual respect and equality in the sense that they are both Equally powerful in the Force. That their love is not an obsessive one but a compassionate one and one of understanding. That they find a compromise in their perspective opinions and views of the world and that is how they bring balance.
@Lamiller1390

H-beating H-beating H-beating We hope to see that ! Eh bien Eh bien Eh bien H-beating H-beating H-beating
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:27 am

https://shykylosolo.tumblr.com/post/170342575507/analyzing-love-in-star-wars-and-how-reylo-will

I found this on Tumblr. I think someone has already said. I'm not sure
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:33 am

@giaciak2 Thanks! I will read later Very Happy

I found another interesting analysis, it starts around 9:20. It's not the first time this guy mentions that, I enjoy his videos very much!

What he said about the Anakin ghost not appearing made me think....
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamiller1390 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 12:32 pm

@giaciak2 Oh this is is awesome, I have only read the first paragraph and already agree with it. Thank you for the information.
Lamiller1390
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:15 pm

@giaciak2 wrote:For me reverse Anidala is:
Anakin. He was nobody, son of a slave, full of power and talent. He falls in love with a princess, wants power without losing the princess. IN the moment he has to choose between love or power he chooses power.
Kylo; is a fallen prince who dreams of being loved (an ugly little duck), knows a nobody girl, sees in her the hope of being better and falls in love with her. He obtains power without ever having desired it. (He only wants to be black or white, not half white and half darck). If he has to choose between power and love ... who knows what he will choose? Laughing queen
@giaciak2

I would add that he wants to be understood and supported by someone. He sees Rey as the perfect person by his side. One of the many differences between the Anakin / Padme and Kylo / Ben / Rey is that the first one had no balance, Padme could not understand 100% Anakin, she did not feel that that he felt, she did not have the Force despite she loved him so much. On the contrary, Kylo and Rey know the deepest secrets within them, they are very similar, a perfect couple , a perfect balance
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 3:34 pm

I remembered this rumour:

https://www.inverse.com/article/37534-star-wars-episode-ix-9-last-jedi-jj-abrams-story-spoilers-prequels

“[Episode IX] is also the film which unites all three trilogies and brings everything together.”

It would fit perfect the reverse Anidala.... Rolling Eyes
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 5:57 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@giaciak2

I would add that he wants to be understood and supported by someone. He sees Rey as the perfect person by his side. One of the many differences between the Anakin / Padme and Kylo / Ben / Rey is that the first one had no balance, Padme could not understand 100% Anakin, she did not feel that that he felt, she did not have the Force despite she loved him so much. On the contrary, Kylo and Rey know the deepest secrets within them, they are very similar, a perfect couple , a perfect balance
@Teo Oswald

Thank you !!! Now the idea is really complete.

Sorry, My English is very bad . I find very nice we are all here to understand every scene in every detail. The incredible thing is that. When I saw TFA. I left the cinema saying ... .... why does the villain look Rey in this way . Silence around me.
I left TLJ with the same emotion as when I first read pride and prejudice. I turned to ask but did you see you too? Silence.
Did you see that the boy killed Snoke for Rey?
No only star wars.
Did you see that Rey was attracted to the villain? I had seen well in TFA then.
No reply.
I looked some comments in italian language ... nothing ...STERILE and EMPTY. so I started with my google to look for rey love kylo and I found you.
So I started to say to my friends ... do you remember star wars? It is a little changed. BETTER. Now my friends start looking Star war with different eyes. Now the men start to see that there was not just war. I think that in 3 years it will be remembered by everyone as a masterpiece. Everyone judges without seen the complete Movie. Perhaps the problem is suspense. Wait two years to evaluate a story is a lot. I hope it finishes before 2 years.
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:48 am

From the Collider Imax Q&A

Q:So I was watching Revenge of the Sith recently and I noticed there are a few echoes from that film to The Last Jedi, like when Anakin’s talking to Padme in Revenge of the Sith just before they face off Obi-Wan, there’s some similarities there with the “join me” and the lashing out of Kylo to Rey and Anakin to Padme. Did you watch the prequels while you were writing?

RJ: Yeah, I watched the prequels a lot actually, and that goes for the writing and while we were in prep. I think partially because the original trilogy was the ones that I know by heart, shot for shot. The prequels - I knew them really well but I saw them less so I kind of wanted to steep myself in that visual language a lot more before I got into it.

The notion of finding echoes, not just in the original trilogy but also in the prequel trilogy felt like just a really rich well to draw from. So I kept the original trilogy and also the prequels just on my iPad that I had with me all the time and at night I would just put it on in a random spot and watch pieces of it.

Fan

"My question is about the last scene between Rey and Ben. He’s kneeling on the ground, he has his father’s dice in his hands that his uncle gave to his mother and his mother left for him, and he’s looking up at the person who’s the most important person in the world to him and before that door shuts, if he could have a do-over to go back to that moment, what do you think he would say or do differently and why?"

RJ

"That is such a great question. Will you be mad if I said that it’s such a great question, I don’t want to answer it? Only because I think that’s such a beautiful notion of “what does he regret in that moment”, it’s the same way I think about in Revenge of the Sith, that mask is coming down, that beautiful shot of Anakin’s eyes right before it goes over and you see that glimpse of… Is it fear? Is it regret? What is it? What is going through his mind at that moment? That’s that kind of moment for Ben and I don’t want to put that moment in your guys’s head. I feel like that’s a moment that everyone should read into themselves. But just posing that question is really beautiful."

he can't hide Reverse Anidala even when he tries.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:52 am

@vaderito wrote:
From the Collider Imax Q&A

Q:So I was watching Revenge of the Sith recently and I noticed there are a few echoes from that film to The Last Jedi, like when Anakin’s talking to Padme in Revenge of the Sith just before they face off Obi-Wan, there’s some similarities there with the “join me” and the lashing out of Kylo to Rey and Anakin to Padme. Did you watch the prequels while you were writing?

RJ: Yeah, I watched the prequels a lot actually, and that goes for the writing and while we were in prep. I think partially because the original trilogy was the ones that I know by heart, shot for shot. The prequels - I knew them really well but I saw them less so I kind of wanted to steep myself in that visual language a lot more before I got into it.

The notion of finding echoes, not just in the original trilogy but also in the prequel trilogy felt like just a really rich well to draw from. So I kept the original trilogy and also the prequels just on my iPad that I had with me all the time and at night I would just put it on in a random spot and watch pieces of it.

Fan

"My question is about the last scene between Rey and Ben. He’s kneeling on the ground, he has his father’s dice in his hands that his uncle gave to his mother and his mother left for him, and he’s looking up at the person who’s the most important person in the world to him and before that door shuts, if he could have a do-over to go back to that moment, what do you think he would say or do differently and why?"

RJ

"That is such a great question. Will you be mad if I said that it’s such a great question, I don’t want to answer it? Only because I think that’s such a beautiful notion of “what does he regret in that moment”, it’s the same way I think about in Revenge of the Sith, that mask is coming down, that beautiful shot of Anakin’s eyes right before it goes over and you see that glimpse of… Is it fear? Is it regret? What is it? What is going through his mind at that moment? That’s that kind of moment for Ben and I don’t want to put that moment in your guys’s head. I feel like that’s a moment that everyone should read into themselves. But just posing that question is really beautiful."

he can't hide Reverse Anidala even when he tries.
@vaderito

@vaderito H-beating Jumping Claps
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:03 am

One of my favourite visual examples. Kylo's arms are even folded the opposite way. 

FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:17 am

yes! That one is really good! You could see that a lot of planning went into those scenes.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:26 am

Yeah, it's really funny to me how clearly reverse Anidala is a thing and the way he comes out and says it without really saying it, because if he acknowledges the full extent of it, then more people will realize the answer to, "OK, so WHY reverse Anidala?" (Hint: The answer is not: "just 'cause") and that would basically give away the whole story. Because if you're actually committing to reverse Anidala, there's really only one way it can end (ie. not like Anakin in the PT, and not like Vader in the OT). But it's hard to not give that away while at the same time NOT acknowledge that you're trying to deliver some closure to this whole series, and that means incorporating the prequels. Lol. It's funny, and a tricky balance for sure.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:26 am

@giaciak2 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:
@giaciak2

@Teo Oswald

Thank you !!! Now the idea is really complete.

Sorry, My English is very bad . I find very nice we are all here to understand every scene in every detail. The incredible thing is that. When I saw TFA. I left the cinema saying ... .... why does the villain look Rey in this way . Silence around me.
I left TLJ with the same emotion as when I first read pride and prejudice. I turned to ask but did you see you too? Silence.
Did you see that the boy killed Snoke for Rey?
No only star wars.
Did you see that Rey was attracted to the villain? I had seen well in TFA then.
No reply.
I looked some comments in italian language ... nothing ...STERILE and EMPTY. so I started with my google to look for rey love kylo and I found you.
So I started to say to my friends ... do you remember star wars? It is a little changed. BETTER. Now my friends start looking Star war with different eyes. Now the men start to see that there was not just war. I think that in 3 years it will be remembered by everyone as a masterpiece. Everyone judges without seen the complete Movie. Perhaps the problem is suspense. Wait two years to evaluate a story is a lot. I hope it finishes before 2 years.
@giaciak2

do not worry about English, I'm an Italian boy and it's hard for me too. However I have seen many reviews in Italian and few speak of the relationship between Rey and kylo Ren and this because they are more focused on other aspects. Many have complained about how the movie was shot, others have appreciated it in its entirety but repeating that as episode they did not appreciate it. However I did not see hatred towards Reylo, but many said it was inevitable without going into details.
  I, as I said, I'm a Star Wars fan boy, however I like the Reylo couple, Star Wars Connection has convinced me of this and I now defend this couple Smile
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:34 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:One of my favourite visual examples. Kylo's arms are even folded the opposite way. 

@FrolickingFizzgig

You know what's interesting about those shots is that Anakin is perfectly in the middle while Kylo/Ben is more to the right.

In the Anakin shot, that is a moment where he could go either way. He can follow the Jedi code or go after his mother. I was always sympathetic to him going to his mother, but that was when his slide into darkness really began.

Kylo/Ben is towards the right. So maybe he is already starting to follow one side ... the better side, because it is after that where he has that amazing "I am" conversation with Rey.

Maybe it's nothing, but I don't think so. Rian is referring to the Anakin shot here, but he has changed it slightly for a reason.

What was the film language thing about people moving to the right. I think it indicates the future,  but also doesn't it also indicate "better", as is moral choices and heroism?
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:40 am

@Teo Oswald Thank you !!!! :-)
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:42 am

@SoloSideCousin Anakin is literally in the middle, like crossroads. As you noticed, Kylo stands more to the right. I know that right side means future sometimes but, if I'm not mistaken, it also means positive. @snufkin ?
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:50 am

The thing with the PT is that they had to arrive a specific narrative conclusion. We know going into story that the galaxy fell apart, dad went bad and killed/betrayed a bunch of people, mom is dead, and the kids were farmed out to various friends who both hid them and raised them. So that kind of restricted the story and plot points to specific details (and it's another area where Kasdan and Lucas had disagreements about what happened with their mother). Versus here, where you imagine that the various players involved, especially with Kasdan at the table, probably thought "what would happen if..?" Not just if Padme had the Force, because Rey is a completely different type of character, but 'wouldn't it be interesting to actually explore this scenario and change things around to see what could have happened instead?' I think Ben betraying/murdering Snoke is very much like Anakin making the decision to go along with what happens with Windu. Both out of thwarted ambition from a master who withholds, but also privileging his own 'personal interests' (please JJ, make Hux find out and mine all the drama out of that situation) to protect the woman he loves. He betrays the leader, order, and cause he's pledged himself to as a knight over his romantic attachments to her. In this case, it's a betrayal of the Dark Side, she's not Nothing but very much a central/important player (Snoke wanted the person who was the equal in the light dead b/c they were a threat to his agenda, so she was Public Enemy #1), and she survives to live another day.

@vaderito - Yep, the right side of the screen is meant to be progress and the future, so moving forward. Lucas cribbed the technique from Kurosawa and we see it very specifically in the Force vision when Rey has her first interactions with a creature in the mask. She turns and he comes into her line of vision from the right.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:53 am

@snufkin Now that you mentioned Kurosawa, Rian was also inspired by him including Luke and Kylo stand off.

So I would say that Kylo has made a progress at that time unlike Anakin who was still literally undecided.

BTW, in both AOTC and TLJ scenes, he turns around when he senses her (Padme, Rey) presence behind him.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum