So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

@vaderito There are definitely influences from Rashoman, Ran, and Seven Samurai in all of the scenes with Luke and Ben.

I'm not really a fan of the PT, but it did feel like all of the bad things Anakin does in the name of love is ultimately a pre-text about his ambitions to having power. Versus here, where the one time Ben tries to go after the power promised to him by the DS/Snoke by following orders to murder Han. Which Han outright warns him will end badly for him. And it's a complete fail/self delivered blow. So by the time Rey forces the issue, his decision is made to follow his "father's soft heart" as Snoke had taunted him about and save Rey from Snoke. He's still gotta work on the ambition issues, which are more to do with the hubris and entitlement which sprung up around the family thanks to Luke and Anakin's celebrity. This is why I think *if* they're planning on redeeming him and having him survive, he'll reject that side of his lineage and align himself with the more humble and heartfelt example that Han provided (and the worldview/social milleau Rey comes from).



Last edited by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7599
Likes : 34481
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:00 pm

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito There are definitely influences from Rashoman, Ran, and Seven Samurai in all of the scenes with Luke and Ben.

I'm not really a fan of the PT, but it did feel like all of the bad things Anakin does in the name of love is ultimately a pre-text about his ambitions to having power. Versus here, where the one time Ben tries to go after the power promised to him by the DS/Snoke by following orders to murder Han. Which Han outright warns him will end badly for him. And it's a complete fail/self delivered blow. So by the time Rey forces the issue, his decision is made to follow his "father's soft heart" as Snoke had taunted him about and save Rey from Snoke. He's still gotta work on the ambition issues, which are more to do with the hubris and entitlement which sprung up around the family thanks to Luke and Anakin's celebrity. This is why I think *if* they're planning on redeeming him and having him survive, he'll reject that side of his lineage and align himself with the more humble and heartfelt example that Han provided (and the worldview/social milleau Rey comes from).
@snufkin

That sounds great! cheers
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9984
Likes : 48206
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@vaderito There are definitely influences from Rashoman, Ran, and Seven Samurai in all of the scenes with Luke and Ben.

I'm not really a fan of the PT, but it did feel like all of the bad things Anakin does in the name of love is ultimately a pre-text about his ambitions to having power. Versus here, where the one time Ben tries to go after the power promised to him by the DS/Snoke by following orders to murder Han. Which Han outright warns him will end badly for him. And it's a complete fail/self delivered blow. So by the time Rey forces the issue, his decision is made to follow his "father's soft heart" as Snoke had taunted him about and save Rey from Snoke. He's still gotta work on the ambition issues, which are more to do with the hubris and entitlement which sprung up around the family thanks to Luke and Anakin's celebrity. This is why I think *if* they're planning on redeeming him and having him survive, he'll reject that side of his lineage and align himself with the more humble and heartfelt example that Han provided (and the worldview/social milleau Rey comes from).
@snufkin

That sounds great! cheers
@vaderito

Also handy test, compare Han's death with Snoke's. Same line of "I know what I have to do" (Snoke's fatal error), but very different moments in terms of his emotional engagement with the person he's killing. There's no moment with Snoke like how I just re-watched the manpain/Daddy issues extravaganza of Road to Perdition when Tom Hanks finally confronts Paul Newman after all of the betrayals his father figure has brought upon him. This scene, is Ben and Han, not Ben and Snoke. Different set of emotions/attachments. With Snoke, it's absolutely that his allegiance is with Rey because his emotions are with her.

avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7599
Likes : 34481
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm

@snufkin Well said! Ben didn't give a sith about Snoke. It was all about Rey.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9984
Likes : 48206
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:03 pm

@vaderito I'd like to think it's also a bit of sneaky vengeance on Han's behalf for Snoke's order to kill him. If they never go about telling the back story, I figure Snoke was a former client. And it's both about how Ben feels about his father and about Rey. Also a tiny bit of how Han really was the first person to really look at her and immediately empathize because he knew something horrible had happened to her. Ben's 100% his father's son with the soft heart that makes him react the same way towards her.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7599
Likes : 34481
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:13 pm

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito I'd like to think it's also a bit of sneaky vengeance on Han's behalf for Snoke's order to kill him. If they never go about telling the back story, I figure Snoke was a former client. And it's both about how Ben feels about his father and about Rey. Also a tiny bit of how Han really was the first person to really look at her and immediately empathize because he knew something horrible had happened to her. Ben's 100% his father's son with the soft heart that makes him react the same way towards her.
@snufkin

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9984
Likes : 48206
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:25 pm

Kylo's "I know what I have to do" that precede both patricide scenes = epic AF. The repetition is a subtle "f*** you" to Snoke that only the audience is meant to fully grasp, much like Luke's "every single word you just said is wrong" being used to suggest that Luke is actually passing along a lesson to Ben.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35009
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:13 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@vaderito I'd like to think it's also a bit of sneaky vengeance on Han's behalf for Snoke's order to kill him. If they never go about telling the back story, I figure Snoke was a former client. And it's both about how Ben feels about his father and about Rey. Also a tiny bit of how Han really was the first person to really look at her and immediately empathize because he knew something horrible had happened to her. Ben's 100% his father's son with the soft heart that makes him react the same way towards her.
@snufkin

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

"If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can ever imagine"

avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7599
Likes : 34481
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:33 pm

Anakin has lost everything because of the woman he loves
Kylo got everything because of the woman he loves

Anakin has lost Padme and suffers from it
Kylo has lost Rey and suffers from it
but she is still alive Smile
avatar
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 409
Likes : 1585
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 26
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 3:28 pm

@snufkin wrote:  
@vaderito

"If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can ever imagine"

[/quote]
@snufkin

cheers

@Teo oswald Exactly. It closes the circle perfectly. it's what if Padme lived scenario.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9984
Likes : 48206
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm

@vaderito We even get a bit of that between Rey and Snoke where she warns him that he’s underestimating her and Ben (which in your face, she uses his name to the guy who’s forbidden speaking it).
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7599
Likes : 34481
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by vaderito on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito We even get a bit of that between Rey and Snoke where she warns him that he’s underestimating her and Ben (which in your face, she uses his name to the guy who’s forbidden speaking it).
@snufkin

I loved that! She really challenged Snoke and was like Han's messenger from the other side.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9984
Likes : 48206
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 6:51 am

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito There are definitely influences from Rashoman, Ran, and Seven Samurai in all of the scenes with Luke and Ben.

I'm not really a fan of the PT, but it did feel like all of the bad things Anakin does in the name of love is ultimately a pre-text about his ambitions to having power. Versus here, where the one time Ben tries to go after the power promised to him by the DS/Snoke by following orders to murder Han. Which Han outright warns him will end badly for him. And it's a complete fail/self delivered blow. So by the time Rey forces the issue, his decision is made to follow his "father's soft heart" as Snoke had taunted him about and save Rey from Snoke. He's still gotta work on the ambition issues, which are more to do with the hubris and entitlement which sprung up around the family thanks to Luke and Anakin's celebrity. This is why I think *if* they're planning on redeeming him and having him survive, he'll reject that side of his lineage and align himself with the more humble and heartfelt example that Han provided (and the worldview/social milleau Rey comes from).

@Snufkin

Oh !!!! YESSS I hope too. cheers cheers cheers Basketball
avatar
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 304
Likes : 853
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 7:25 am

I hope no one has added this, if there is , I'm sorry

I took it from Reddit :

From the Collider Imax Q&A

Fan :

"My question is about the last scene between Rey and Ben. He’s kneeling on the ground, he has his father’s dice in his hands that his uncle gave to his mother and his mother left for him, and he’s looking up at the person who’s the most important person in the world to him and before that door shuts, if he could have a do-over to go back to that moment, what do you think he would say or do differently and why?"

RJ

"That is such a great question. Will you be mad if I said that it’s such a great question, I don’t want to answer it? Only because I think that’s such a beautiful notion of “what does he regret in that moment”, it’s the same way I think about in Revenge of the Sith, that mask is coming down, that beautiful shot of Anakin’s eyes right before it goes over and you see that glimpse of… Is it fear? Is it regret? What is it? What is going through his mind at that moment? That’s that kind of moment for Ben and I don’t want to put that moment in your guys’s head. I feel like that’s a moment that everyone should read into themselves. But just posing that question is really beautiful."
------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 409
Likes : 1585
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 26
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by giaciak2 on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 7:32 am

the question could be...did I make the right choice? It's what I want?
avatar
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 304
Likes : 853
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by vaderito on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 8:51 am

The fact that Rian automatically liked it to Anakin is all the answer I needed.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9984
Likes : 48206
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 9:43 am

Rian Johnson not only watched the Prequels, but he paid attention to Anakin/Padme too .
this is the video :
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=786411794901372&id=156037164605508&_rdr

It's from his Q&A for IMAX, sleemo on Twitter posted some transcribed talks :

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/958969461477867520
avatar
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 409
Likes : 1585
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 26
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by rey09 on Sun 04 Feb 2018, 8:16 am



hilarious star wars moment. Everyone blames it on Vader for kylo's dark side, but it's ACTUALLY granny padme lmao
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1231
Likes : 6035
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by special_cases on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:31 am

So an amazing gifset from Tumblr - which I can't post here - with direct parallels between Anidala and Reylo already has 9.3k notes.

http://kenobios.tumblr.com/post/169114997670/stop-stop-now-come-back-i-love-you

avatar
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 592
Likes : 2447
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:54 am

@special_cases wrote:So an amazing gifset from Tumblr - which I can't post here - with direct parallels between Anidala and Reylo already has 9.3k notes.

http://kenobios.tumblr.com/post/169114997670/stop-stop-now-come-back-i-love-you

@special_cases

and then Anakin choked Padme while he was angry. But Kylo did not even touch Rey.
avatar
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 409
Likes : 1585
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 26
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 11:09 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
and then Anakin choked Padme while he was angry. But Kylo did not even touch Rey.
@Teo oswald

How can you say that??? affraid  He mind raped her!!!! And threw her against a big bad tree!!!! Err no

lol! lol! lol!

just in case someone missed it- that was sarcasm Laughing
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1437
Likes : 6802
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 11:10 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@special_cases wrote:So an amazing gifset from Tumblr - which I can't post here - with direct parallels between Anidala and Reylo already has 9.3k notes.

http://kenobios.tumblr.com/post/169114997670/stop-stop-now-come-back-i-love-you

@special_cases

and then Anakin choked Padme while he was angry. But Kylo did not even touch Rey.
@Teo Oswald

My god!!!!! what will he do instead of choking her? .... Cool
avatar
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 304
Likes : 853
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 11:46 am

@Night Huntress ahahah Smile

@giaciak2 I adore how your mind works Cool
avatar
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 409
Likes : 1585
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 26
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 11:55 am

by the way - Rey is much more aggressive towards Kylo/Ben than he ever was to her.

So, if someone complains Reylo is abusive I just reply...yeah, now that you mentioned it- Rey did abuse Kylo pretty badly several times Confus

I'm not so much into the Anidala comparisons because I don't think you can really compare these two couples... yes, it is kind of "reverse" of the bad love story from the prequels but otherwise? Kylo and Rey are equals and soulmates in a way Anakin & Padme never were.
I thought Anakin & Padme were really horrible (sorry George - I love you, but that didn't work for me).
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1437
Likes : 6802
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by ZioRen on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 12:10 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:by the way - Rey is much more aggressive towards Kylo/Ben than he ever was to her.

So, if someone complains Reylo is abusive I just reply...yeah, now that you mentioned it- Rey did abuse Kylo pretty badly several times Confus

I'm not so much into the Anidala comparisons because I don't think you can really compare these two couples... yes, it is kind of "reverse" of the bad love story from the prequels but otherwise? Kylo and Rey are equals and soulmates in a way Anakin & Padme never were.
I thought Anakin & Padme were really horrible (sorry George - I love you, but that didn't work for me).
@Night Huntress

She really is. I can't stress enough how telling it is that Rey turned Kylo's weakness around on him, marred his face forever along with other wounds and left him broken and bleeding and defeated in the snow even though she's untrained, and Kylo isn't even the tiniest bit angry at her for it at the start of TLJ. EVEN AFTER Snoke just humiliated him about just that, he doesn't turn around and project his anger and frustration at Rey. Kylo, the master of projection, never turns his internalized anger from Snoke's abuse at Rey. He's fascinated and downright soft from the start.

They're pretty darn different from Anidala despite the visual parallels Rian obviously put in TLJ. That might be on purpose, as in they might redeem that love story in a meta kind of way.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2570
Likes : 17456
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum