Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by snufkin on Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 19:47

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I prefer Hanleia. I expected the Anidala romance to be epic and it just ....wasn't.
@ReyofLightSide

As a kid when I saw the original movies, I had expected from what Obi-Wan originally tells Luke that it was meant to be something like Camelot, the Star Wars equivalent of Lancelot and Guinevere. Which yeah, it wasn't even if you think Obi-Wan the liar said that to spare Luke the actual truth and feed into his idealism. More like Diane Court from Say Anything and her meathead jock boyfriend.  Or in Shakespearean terms, the OT was Benedick and Beatrice but the PT failed at being Romeo and Juliet. So we might be seeing another (hopefully less tragic) version in the ST. I have thought the island scenario might be like The Tempest, with Miranda and Ferdinand/Caliban, who are far less tragic in the end.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7763
Likes : 35236
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by Birdwoman on Wed 17 May 2017 - 5:19

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-original-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-ending-had-padme-found-the-rebel-alliance-and-almost-kill-anakin/

Now, if only we had this Padme....there might not be so much angst about Star Wars romance.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1081
Likes : 4749
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 12:20

I know it's unpopular, but I prefer Anidala. Padme is my favorite female character so I am little biased and I really like Anakin.
Moreover, I discovered it when I was a child with a foreign dub, so I think it helped. Watching the movie being an adult, I can see the problems with the portrayal of this relationship but as a child, I can assure you I saw no wrong in it. I loved the forbidden aspect of the romance, how they resisted each other (my heart still melt when Padme says she loves him before the arena in Ep. 2), how she could defend herself without him. And I am glad she did not try to kill him in Ep.3, Revenge of the Sith is already sad enough as it is.

As for Hanleia, I like them but I'm not feeling anything special about them since the OT is my less favorite trilogy (sorry tongue)
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 53
Likes : 116
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-19
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 21:24

@LadyGaufrette

hey, it's totally OK to like Anidala- never apologize for liking a fictional pairing...I read hundreds of Anidala fanfic at the time the prequels came out and years after...Anidala is not my favorite ship but only because I think Lucas actually played it too safe and reduced Padmé's role so much in RotS.
I would've loved her having a much bigger role and a more significant arc on her own. The interesting stuff about her beginning the rebellion with Mon Mothma and others was cut (why oh why?).

I read somewhere that George had an alternative ending were Padmé actually wanted to kill Anakin with a knife of something similar- but she wouldn't be able to go through with it.

AND that horrible ending of her dying of a broken heart- really? A strong woman like Padmé who just have given birth to 2 healthy babies dies of a broken heart??? Sorry- still upsets me thinking about it Rolling Eyes I think it would've been better if she were killed by Palpatine or dying of the consequences of Anakin choking her.

There is a theory Palpatine sucked out her life-energy to save Anakin from dying - but that's not confirmed by any official sources so not canon.
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1605
Likes : 7640
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by DeeBee on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 11:21

I'm enjoying reading different perspectives! Great to have Anidala get some love!
I am guessing had I been aged 10 when watching the PT I may have had a very different experience to being in my 20's.
I would love to see some closure of some kind for Anidala with the conclusion of the skywalker saga in IX. I really want Padme to be honoured.. regardless of any plot issues I may have had with the PT, she is a hero and should IMHO be honoured!

The whole cut scene idea GL originally had with Padme considering killing Anakin in ROTS is really interesting to consider - because we had a parallel type of moment in TLJ - it happened off camera, but we know it happened - the novelisation confirms it - Rey had an opportunity to kill unconscious Kylo Ren and chose not to. And.. we also have Luke's moment where he considered killing Ben Solo and set the whole tragedy into motion.
So the Padme moment flows with all this.. But - overall I think Padme's story is tragic enough already.. so I don't desire more tragedy and am glad GL decided not to go there for Padme.

oh and er getting back to this thread's original purpose - Hanleia vs Anidala? Ummmm Reylo! [rofl!] okay okay.. I'd say Hanleia. Because it is what I grew up with... but Padme had a way better wardrobe and the setting of the Anidala romance was way better. can't beat that location by the lake! sunny
avatar
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 978
Likes : 2733
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by LadyGaufrette on Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 12:31

@Night Huntress wrote:
I would've loved her having a much bigger role and a more significant arc on her own. The interesting stuff about her beginning the rebellion with Mon Mothma and others was cut (why oh why?).

I read somewhere that George had an alternative ending were Padmé actually wanted to kill Anakin with a knife of something similar- but she wouldn't be able to go through with it.

AND that horrible ending of her dying of a broken heart- really? A strong woman like Padmé who just have given birth to 2 healthy babies dies of a broken heart??? Sorry- still upsets me thinking about it Rolling Eyes I think it would've been better if she were killed by Palpatine or dying of the consequences of Anakin choking her.

There is a theory Palpatine sucked out her life-energy to save Anakin from dying - but that's not confirmed by any official sources so not canon.
@Night Huntress

You can hear me rant about George's awful choices in the Padme vs Leia thread. Let say we can see he wrote this trilogy without a woman to consult with.

@DeeBee wrote:
But - overall I think Padme's story is tragic enough already.. so I don't desire more tragedy and am glad GL decided not to go there for Padme.
@DeeBee

Totally agree with you. Padme's story is already horrible as it is, not need to add more tragedy. And it also let us have a better counterpoint with Rey. Padme couldn't enter in conflict with Anakin and it lead to tragedy, Rey choose to say stop to Ben about the whole 'we will control the galaxy' and I think we are headed toward a happy ending.

@DeeBee wrote:
oh and er getting back to this thread's original purpose - Hanleia vs Anidala? Ummmm Reylo! [rofl!] okay okay.. I'd say Hanleia. Because it is what I grew up with... but Padme had a way better wardrobe and the setting of the Anidala romance was way better. can't beat that location by the lake! sunny
@DeeBee

Well, Padme is indeed the true Queen of Star Wars. Cool

avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 53
Likes : 116
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-19
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum