ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm

If we get anything I think we'll get promo posters like this sort of thing from VII:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 Star-wars-posters-mash-up-1446722227

If there's any footage (I'm skeptical), it'll be akin to the Luke and Rey rainy island shot we got on their first day of filming.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by ZioRen on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 7:40 pm

In my dreams we'd get a promo featuring Kylo's face and its new scar! It'd be hype without spoiling anything at all.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 7:42 pm

@Mana wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Mana wrote:All this BS about Leia adopting Finn, Rey and Poe. As if these kids can replace her own child....a mother will never love anyone as much as she loves her own child...no matter what happens.
@Mana

I do think Star Wars has presented very positive messages about adoption in the past, which is fantastic. As we know, Leia herself was adopted by Bail and Breha Organa and they couldn't have loved each other more if they were blood-related. But this is different because Rey, Finn and Poe are adults. Families can still be made by friends banding together, loving and caring for each other as if brother/sister, parent/child etc, but crappy as Rey's childhood was and stolen as Finn's was, they made it through. I'm sure Leia and Luke will become very important and dear to Rey and Finn and vice versa, but adopted parents? I don't think so.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I understand that..but what these people are suggesting is that Rey Finn Poe would make 'better' more 'devoted' children, and they'll be everything that Leia could want in sons and daughters of her own which she wasn't able to get from her own child, and they are more worthy of being children to Han and Leia...I call BS on that...its not how mothering works. They may see it that way, but they can't expect a mother to. they want Rey etc. to serve as replacements...
@Mana

I get what you mean and I agree with you on that. Speaking as a mother, there may be times when you wish you'd done something differently or that the circumstances were somehow different, but your child is your child and they cannot be replaced.

We only have little snippets of information about Leia and Ben's relationship so far, but everything we have seen/heard paints the picture of a mother who loves her son and wants only the best for him. No matter how close she is to Poe and how much she comes to love Rey and Finn, they can never supplant Ben's place in her heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:01 pm

@ZioRen wrote:In my dreams we'd get a promo featuring Kylo's face and its new scar! It'd be hype without spoiling anything at all.
@ZioRen

I would be on the floor beneath the carpet if we got that.

I remember John Boyega posting about a promo shoot a couple of weeks ago. I think we'd get a pic of him and maybe Poe because that won't give away anything.

People on tumblr are losing their wits with excitement. Guys, imagine what it'll be like the day the first trailer is released? Or more- the night the movie comes out???

WHO WILL LOSE CONTROL
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:05 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:In my dreams we'd get a promo featuring Kylo's face and its new scar! It'd be hype without spoiling anything at all.
@ZioRen

I remember John Boyega posting about a promo shoot a couple of weeks ago. I think we'd get a pic of him and maybe Poe because that won't give away anything.

People on tumblr are losing their wits with excitement. Guys, imagine what it'll be like the day the first trailer is released? Or more- the night the movie comes out???

WHO WILL LOSE CONTROL
@Xylo Ren

Opening night will be fun because odds are those of us who keep eyes on everything will basically know the entire plot by then, possibly for a couple of months or so before actually, and we'd finally be seeing it for real. And everyone else will be totally surprised!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

I like knowing bits and pieces, but I don't think I would want to read the script in its entirety, even if it's available. I'd like to know going in that we're right in our general assessment (which I'm pretty much convinced of at this point based on everything I've read).

Aside from that though, I'm not sure I want to actually KNOW that a Reylo kiss actually happens, and if for some reason I do know it happens, I don't want to know how.

Reading leaks and spoilers off the Internet is fun, but you also don't know if they're true or not. That in itself can make watching the film exciting when you see what was legit and what was complete sith.

But to know things for sure without a doubt? Bits and pieces yes, but certainly not everything. So far though, I'm immensely pleased with those bits and pieces.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:41 pm

@IoJovi wrote:I like knowing bits and pieces, but I don't think I would want to read the script in its entirety, even if it's available.  I'd like to know going in that we're right in our general assessment (which I'm pretty much convinced of at this point based on everything I've read).

Aside from that though, I'm not sure I want to actually KNOW that a Reylo kiss actually happens, and if for some reason I do know it happens, I don't want to know how.

Reading leaks and spoilers off the Internet is fun, but you also don't know if they're true or not.  That in itself can make watching the film exciting when you see what was legit and what was complete sith.  

But to know things for sure without a doubt?  Bits and pieces yes, but certainly not everything.  So far though, I'm immensely pleased with those bits and pieces.
@IoJovi

You're like me. I want to know that some sort of Reylo happens but that's it. I want no details, no script, no pictures, no scenery...NOTHING! I just confirmation that it will happen and it's waiting for me on a sweet, shiny, silver platter.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:45 pm

Ha, yeah most people probably want some degree of surprise. I'm one of those odd people who can know almost every detail and still enjoy seeing it on screen. I play my video games the same way! I'm just a sucker for spoilers.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:46 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:I like knowing bits and pieces, but I don't think I would want to read the script in its entirety, even if it's available.  I'd like to know going in that we're right in our general assessment (which I'm pretty much convinced of at this point based on everything I've read).

Reading leaks and spoilers off the Internet is fun, but you also don't know if they're true or not.  That in itself can make watching the film exciting when you see what was legit and what was complete sith.  

But to know things for sure without a doubt?  Bits and pieces yes, but certainly not everything.  So far though, I'm immensely pleased with those bits and pieces.
@IoJovi

You're like me. I want to know that some sort of Reylo happens but that's it. I want no details, no script, no pictures, no scenery...NOTHING! I just confirmation that it will happen and it's waiting for me on a sweet, shiny, silver platter.
@Xylo Ren

Same! The whole reason I can't drop this and leave it alone is because I only care about Rey and Ben/Kylo. I don't usually give two hoots about spoilers and whatever....but it's just Reylo, I want it to happen because I saw something undeniable on screen, affirmation of it going forward is what I wanted Smile
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:50 pm

@Krafty wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@IoJovi

@Xylo Ren

Same! The whole reason I can't drop this and leave it alone is because I only care about Rey and Ben/Kylo. I don't usually give two hoots about spoilers and whatever....but it's just Reylo, I want it to happen because I saw something undeniable on screen, affirmation of it going forward is what I wanted Smile
@Krafty

Exactly! EXACTLY! I think that I could happily stay away from spoilers from now until Dec 2017 if someone on the inside said something as simple as "Reylo shippers will be happy with VIII."

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm

I'm good with just "you weren't imagining what you thought you saw, despite 99.99% of Internet comments about it being incorrect/condescending/mansplaining." Funny thing is that the last event, I had to sit through at a work meeting that got hijacked by people going on about the "spoilers" released from the footage. It was mostly "Chewbacca, Millenium Falcon, blah blah blah" - none of the actual interesting details that we know about after the fact. I remember thinking, "well that's not something I'm going to be interested in seeing" (famous last words).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:27 pm

@ISeeAnIsland >> Precisely. Even if its like veiled sarcasm from Pablo or something---anything really. I'd bag it, tag it, and ship it all day long and emerge from the shadows. I just don't like having people tell me I imagined it or that I'm crazy gross or some such nonsense. Rolling Eyes
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:28 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I love combining the little bits and pieces from the novels. Plucky, brave little Ben Solo who used to tussle with his friends and come inside winded and grinning. His mother loves him so much and just has to think about him to bring a smile to her face. I can't, they can't just NOT redeem him.
@ZioRen

Late to the party but I wanted to say I100% agree. And this is why Leia will never, never, never give him up. I think they're showing us this side of Kylo Ren so that we can love him a little as someone said earlier (or just more heh) and also so that people understand that there is a very strong bond between mother and son. That's why she's so sure that there is still light in him and she'll do everything she can to get him back, even after everything.

And from a story standpoint, IMO, after all that Leia has lost and all she has had to give up (Bloodline is a must read to truly understand this latter part) there is just no way that they are also going to do this, to make her have to watch her son die unredeemed, especially killed by the hand or by the order of her own twin, like some would want to see. Then she would lose Ben AND Luke irrevocably. She will have lost everything, and I refuse to accept it. Just...no. No Qst

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Krafty wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@IoJovi

@Xylo Ren

@Krafty

Exactly! EXACTLY! I think that I could happily stay away from spoilers from now until Dec 2017 if someone on the inside said something as simple as "Reylo shippers will be happy with VIII."

@ISeeAnIsland I love the "Exactly! EXACTLY!" ROFL  
And I agree with you guys! When the full blown spoilers start to make the rounds, or after we confirm that Reylo is Realyo we should all retire to the spoiler free forum. XD

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:57 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I love combining the little bits and pieces from the novels. Plucky, brave little Ben Solo who used to tussle with his friends and come inside winded and grinning. His mother loves him so much and just has to think about him to bring a smile to her face. I can't, they can't just NOT redeem him.
@ZioRen

Late to the party but I wanted to say I100% agree. And this is why Leia will never, never, never give him up. I think they're showing us this side of Kylo Ren so that we can love him a little as someone said earlier (or just more heh) and also so that people understand that there is a very strong bond between mother and son. That's why she's so sure that there is still light in him and she'll do everything she can to get him back, even after everything.

And from a story standpoint, IMO, after all that Leia has lost and all she has had to give up (Bloodline is a must read to truly understand this latter part) there is just no way that they are also going to do this, to make her have to watch her son die unredeemed, especially killed by the hand or by the order of her own twin, like some would want to see. Then she would lose Ben AND Luke irrevocably. She will have lost everything, and I refuse to accept it. Just...no. No Qst

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Krafty wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@IoJovi

@Xylo Ren

@Krafty

@ISeeAnIsland I love the "Exactly! EXACTLY!" ROFL  
And I agree with you guys! When the full blown spoilers start to make the rounds, or after we confirm that Reylo is Realyo we should all retire to the spoiler free forum. XD
@Darth Rowan

I know it will just be so hard because there'll be a vibe on the rest of the forum, good or bad and I'll pick up on it and just sweat my brains out.  Shocked

I agree with @ISeeAnIsland if we got one user on here being like "WE'RE GOOD GUYS" then I will sleep with a smile on my face every night till December 2017.

So far everything that has transpired leads me to believe this will be the case bounce
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:08 pm

I usually don't like spoilers, but I wouldn't be able to resist some kind of hint/spoiler that Reylo is in the cards.

I don't want to know how it gets there, but I would love to have a hint that something gets somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:35 am

I feel like I'm reverting to my childhood habits with this thing. As a child, I wanted to be totally surprised by my Christmas presents, but at the same time, I scoured all the cupboards for said presents and didn't rest until I'd taken a peek at them. I just didn't understand that I couldn't have it both ways. And it appears that I don't understand it now...

It isn't just the Reylo spoilers I'm interested in, either - I want all of it. If somebody handed me BDT's and KMT's entire character arcs on paper, I'd read them in a minute. And then I'd regret it. But then I'd read them again.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 3:08 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I feel like I'm reverting to my childhood habits with this thing. As a child, I wanted to be totally surprised by my Christmas presents, but at the same time, I scoured all the cupboards for said presents and didn't rest until I'd taken a peek at them. I just didn't understand that I couldn't have it both ways. And it appears that I don't understand it now...

It isn't just the Reylo spoilers I'm interested in, either - I want all of it. If somebody handed me BDT's and KMT's entire character arcs on paper, I'd read them in a minute. And then I'd regret it. But then I'd read them again.
@Darth Dingbat

I do get it 100% .
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 6:07 am

I suspect that, after making a token attempt at avoiding spoilers, I'll be like, gimme all the spoilers ahhh yummy spoilers nom nom Wink

I generally feel that, while spoilers can give you the bare outline and make the viewing surprise-free, they're never a substitute for an actual movie. And surprise is after all a one-off thing, if there was nothing else to the movie experience no one would be rewatching movies ever.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 6:27 am

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@ZioRen

WHO WILL LOSE CONTROL
@Xylo Ren

I'll lose it the day they begin selling tickets for VIII. Need to get some for me and my friend ASAP on that day, and stay away from the internet for at least a week prior to its release.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by panki on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:18 am

Just read that excerpt from Life Debt and a few things jumped out of the page for me.....Leia meditating on the Serpent's Puzzle plant and the feeling she suddenly gets- This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers

1. The Buddha's mother Maya was drawn to a particular type of tree when she was pregnant and the Buddha was born in under the same tree.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 220px-M%C4%81y%C4%81dev%C4%AB@Guimet

2. She had visions of being anointed with perfumes and flowers.

3. The subtle energy channels in the body are in a snake-like path and these can be cleared through meditation..... so I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that Luke asked Leia to meditate on a tree called a "Serpent Puzzle" to develop her powers. Shocked

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 Abb08ba4dd152d35a5776f36c2680206

Last edited by panki on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:19 am

@Krafty wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@IoJovi

@Xylo Ren

@Krafty

I sympathise 100%. No need to worry, it will happen, one way or another, it's inevitable. I know what it feels like to be intensely focused on fictional characters and getting lost in this unreal world for quite a while (not good when you have exams in December and the new SW you've just seen is slowly turning into your new obsession Very Happy). What even the most reluctant fractions of the fandom should be able to realise is that this conflict established in TFA has to go somewhere, it can't just be postponed, ignored or forgotten so that anyone's head cannons can happen. That's not how it works. And where can it all go based on the movie itself? The totally intentional, tension-filled moments of intense on-screen chemistry imply something much more than just eventual reluctant allies/platonic friends. Kylo and Rey can never be friends the way Finn and Rey are, not with that uncomfortable, sizzling chemistry that makes them awkwardly trying to brush it off by discussing BB-8's technical specifications. The foundation is there, it now needs further development to be executed successfully and to make sense. There are two movies left and that means time has to be used wisely and effectively. All the major characters will be challenged in some way and struggle with fears/weaknesses/unwanted/confused feelings will be a huge part of this. I personally think we're in for something great!

We can't know or guess the exact details at this point in time and it's probably better not to get too attached to any prior expectations to avoid disappointment. However, when the story is good and you have competent people involved who are just as invested in the characters as we are and plan future developments far in advance, it's pretty much guaranteed that they will follow through with what they started in TFA. Good writing is not about appeasing online "fighters for social justice" or catering to the demands of vocal fan minorities by adjusting the plot as you go along. It's about telling the story you want to tell and the way you want to tell it.

We did not imagine anything, that's for sure, it's a conscious direction. It was all there on screen and we will see the full story unravel in all its glory in the next two instalments. The overall outline of the story has been written long ago and filming on VIII is almost complete. There's only so many adjustments they can allow. It's over and based on what we saw in TFA, the countless titbits and comments afterwards, the spoilers we have had so far (however vague), and on narrative logic, we are most likely on the right track. They put subtle clues in the first film for viewers to pick up on, and some of these seemed contradictory at first (some of them were not even real clues, e.g. the F/R relationship was written as friendship from the start and Rey Skywalker was basically debunked halfway through, superficial similarities won't do the trick). Once you eliminate the plots that don't fit in with the timeline or the story (Rey being Luke's, Finn being her LI, etc.), what are we left with? The one conflict that gave life to the whole movie and made it memorable.

We are right because we picked on what we were supposed to pick up on. If we had were going in the wrong direction, we would know by now. The mystery box approach naturally leads to different speculations, from sensible to ridiculous, but there is only one correct answer. The writers know where they are going and every little detail is intentional. It is their job to elaborate on what was already foreshadowed. Our job is to get on with our lives, and, when the time comes, sit back, enjoy the story and occasionally smirk at those who did not see it coming. In short, it will be fine.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:45 am

@panki wrote:Just read that excerpt from Life Debt and a few things jumped out of the page for me.....Leia meditating on the Serpent's Puzzle plant and the feeling she suddenly gets- This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers

1. The Buddha's mother Maya was drawn to a particular type of tree when she was pregnant and the Buddha was born in under the same tree.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 220px-M%C4%81y%C4%81dev%C4%AB@Guimet

3. The subtle energy channels in the body are in a snake-like path and these can be cleared through meditation..... so I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that Luke asked Leia to meditate on a tree called a "Serpent Puzzle" to develop her powers. Shocked

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 5 Abb08ba4dd152d35a5776f36c2680206
@panki

You are talking about Kundalini and the nadi: Ida, Pingala and Sushumna, and all the chackras.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:52 am

@panki wrote:Just read that excerpt from Life Debt and a few things jumped out of the page for me.....Leia meditating on the Serpent's Puzzle plant and the feeling she suddenly gets- This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers

I have to admit, the word "serpent" stood out to me too, but I thought it was back to Adam and Eve being tempted by the devil. Definitely intentional that he used that word and image. I took a Mythology course in college and remember learning about Buddha, but I didn't remember this aspect of it until now. Interesting all the parallels there, but what could it mean?
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum