ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:54 am

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:In my dreams we'd get a promo featuring Kylo's face and its new scar! It'd be hype without spoiling anything at all.
@ZioRen

I would be on the floor beneath the carpet if we got that.

I remember John Boyega posting about a promo shoot a couple of weeks ago. I think we'd get a pic of him and maybe Poe because that won't give away anything.

People on tumblr are losing their wits with excitement. Guys, imagine what it'll be like the day the first trailer is released? Or more- the night the movie comes out???

WHO WILL LOSE CONTROL
@Xylo Ren

I'll lose it the day they begin selling tickets for VIII. Need to get some for me and my friend ASAP on that day, and stay away from the internet for at least a week prior to its release.

^ME! Buy tickets, sign off until I see the movie (opening night or soft opening if I can manage) and then come back here and drown in the tidal wave of hysteria.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:59 am

@EchoBase

Oh man, I knew it...we're not getting anything. I still expect some type of poster though, even if it's all black and just says "Episode VIII" and has some type of ship on it lol
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:06 pm

ZenBrainJam

I was indeed talking about Ida, Pingala, Sushumna and the chakras..... the lines made me think that learning to use the force is like awakening kundalini Very Happy

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@panki wrote:Just read that excerpt from Life Debt and a few things jumped out of the page for me.....Leia meditating on the Serpent's Puzzle plant and the feeling she suddenly gets- This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers

1. The Buddha's mother Maya was drawn to a particular type of tree when she was pregnant and the Buddha was born in under the same tree.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 220px-M%C4%81y%C4%81dev%C4%AB@Guimet

2. She had visions of being anointed with perfumes and flowers.

3. The subtle energy channels in the body are in a snake-like path and these can be cleared through meditation..... so I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that Luke asked Leia to meditate on a tree called a "Serpent Puzzle" to develop her powers. Shocked

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 Abb08ba4dd152d35a5776f36c2680206

I have to admit, the word "serpent" stood out to me too, but I thought it was back to Adam and Eve being tempted by the devil. Definitely intentional that he used that word and image. I took a Mythology course in college and remember learning about Buddha, but I didn't remember this aspect of it until now. Interesting all the parallels there, but what could it mean?
@Xylo Ren

I wonder if Kylo was meant to be a big hero and save the galaxy but Snoke (or someone he works for) began trying to change the future and turn him to the dark side instead.... maybe that was the dark presence Leia felt? (I don't think he succeeded though)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:23 pm

Well that may explain the stupid name, Snoke (snake).
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:27 pm

Well, I think one thing's for sure about Snoke.

He's not Luke.
e's not uke
's no ke
s no ke
Snoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:31 pm

WhatGirl wrote:Well, I think one thing's for sure about Snoke.

He's not Luke.
e's not uke
's no ke
s no ke
Snoke
@WhatGirl

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 200
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 Giphy
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:34 pm

He's not Luke.
e's not uke
's no ke
s no ke
Snoke
@WhatGirl

Clever Laughing
Was Snoke actually a real person that Leia/Han knew in their circle (Can't remember; I haven't read Bloodlines).
Or maybe he was young Ben's "imaginary friend" that he'd always talk about and that's why Leia didn't believe him only to find out he was real so they sent him off to Luke. What if Snoke was in Ben's mind and later, led Ben and Luke to visit his planet and accidentally (or not accidentally by Ben) released his "Spirit/body" during their travels pre Jedi Slaughter. Just idea vomiting. Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm

WhatGirl wrote:@Little_Boots lol!
@WhatGirl

I was looking for the gif where a cat gets a flower on his head and it looks like he's seeing through time but couldn't find it, that one always cracks me up hahaha
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm

What do you think..could this be real? I think it's fake

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:38 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:What do you think..could this be real? I think it's fake
@bela.mesecina

Looks fake. Some guy sitting in his sitting room waving his camera. I mean, people would be clapping too and going "woooooo"!!!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:40 pm

I could be wrong though.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:51 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:What do you think..could this be real? I think it's fake
@bela.mesecina
Almost definitely fake, though I do wonder if we'll be getting a title at Celebration? I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:55 pm

I would love that title, because who is feeling "the pull to the light" again? Hmmm

First there's a pull then there's the call and he must answer the call! Haha. But yeah, logging that away into my "Don't Count On It" file...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:56 pm

@panki wrote:ZenBrainJam

I was indeed talking about Ida, Pingala, Sushumna and the chakras..... the lines made me think that learning to use the force is like awakening kundalini Very Happy

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@panki wrote:Just read that excerpt from Life Debt and a few things jumped out of the page for me.....Leia meditating on the Serpent's Puzzle plant and the feeling she suddenly gets- This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers

1. The Buddha's mother Maya was drawn to a particular type of tree when she was pregnant and the Buddha was born in under the same tree.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 220px-M%C4%81y%C4%81dev%C4%AB@Guimet

3. The subtle energy channels in the body are in a snake-like path and these can be cleared through meditation..... so I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that Luke asked Leia to meditate on a tree called a "Serpent Puzzle" to develop her powers. Shocked

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 Abb08ba4dd152d35a5776f36c2680206

I have to admit, the word "serpent" stood out to me too, but I thought it was back to Adam and Eve being tempted by the devil. Definitely intentional that he used that word and image. I took a Mythology course in college and remember learning about Buddha, but I didn't remember this aspect of it until now. Interesting all the parallels there, but what could it mean?
@Xylo Ren

I wonder if Kylo was meant to be a big hero and save the galaxy but Snoke (or someone he works for) began trying to change the future and turn him to the dark side instead.... maybe that was the dark presence Leia felt? (I don't think he succeeded though)
@panki

Oh very well, I would like to see Kylo starting his day with kundalini yoga!
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig I don't think we'll be getting the title. That would be nice but i think it's too early Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:05 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:I would love that title, because who is feeling "the pull to the light" again? Hmmm

First there's a pull then there's the call and he must answer the call! Haha. But yeah, logging that away into my "Don't Count On It" file...
@Xylo Ren

I love it too, but "Call of the Light" is also the name of one of the chosen artworks to be sold at Celebration, so yeah. I have serious doubts about this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:47 pm

Yeah, "Call to the Light" would be an interesting title for Episode VIII when it comes to Rey and Kylo, but it's almost definitely not true. I checked the Justia trademark website (I don't know if it lists all LF trademarks...) to see if LF has filed a TM on it and I couldn't find it. I'd assume they'd have TM'd it by now if that's the official title.

I am still intrigued by "Star Wars The Ways of the Force" which according to Justia, LF filed for a TM for it in October 2015. Apparently, LF first filed one if its TM for "Star Wars The Force Awakens" in November 2014.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm

Not really TFA related, but Forest Whitaker's character in Rogue One is Saw Gerrera of the Onderon rebels! How interesting.

Not every green-eyed brunette is Rey's mother and not every black character is related to Finn, but this time I really wonder if Finn might be related to Saw Gerrera.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:32 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Not really TFA related, but Forest Whitaker's character in Rogue One is Saw Gerrera of the Onderon rebels! How interesting.

Not every green-eyed brunette is Rey's mother and not every black character is related to Finn, but this time I really wonder if Finn might be related to Saw Gerrera.
@Darth Dingbat

Doesn't he appear in TCW as well? He is even mentioned in Bloodlines. So, his character must be important somehow, because it puts these bits and pieces together. I think, your theory is not unlikely.

Last edited by EchoBase on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:33 pm

@panki wrote:ZenBrainJam

@Xylo Ren wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@panki

I will say I've always felt there's more to Kylo than meets the eye. That's what makes him such a dynamic character; he's not simply a black and white villain. He broods, has sympathy for others, and struggles with himself. He's a helluva lot more interesting than Anakin ever was, and I truly think they're going somewhere with that. I agree with your line of thinking, and that might be part of what they have in store for him.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:35 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Not really TFA related, but Forest Whitaker's character in Rogue One is Saw Gerrera of the Onderon rebels! How interesting.

@Darth Dingbat

Doesn't he appear in TCW as well. He is even mentioned in Bloodlines. I think, your theory is not unlikely.
@EchoBase

Mentioned in Rebels as well!
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 3:54 pm

@Darth Dingbat

This also puts Onderon more in play ... thinking of your dark lineage theories. :-)

Also, Finn could do a lot worse than being Forest Whitaker's kid. That guy is amazing.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 3:59 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:

He's not Luke.
e's not uke
's no ke
s no ke
Snoke
@WhatGirl

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 200
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 6 Giphy
@Little_Boots

Why have I missed this gem lol!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta