ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:31 am

People say we shouldn't feel sympathy for a character we're clearly supposed to feel sympathy for? Lol bye internet.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Mana on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:38 am

noooo he killed my lord and saviour, he doesn't deserve to be redeemed!!!!! (which is not how redemption works but, whatever)

Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:43 am

@EchoBase wrote:Woohoo, this is interesting:

http://mashable.com/2016/06/21/star-wars-aftermath-life-debt/#Y_PplUxcHEqU

From Aftermath -Life debt.

"
It’s her child.

This isn’t just a mother’s recognition of the life inside—that, she already knows. She’s already well aware of the bump and tumble of that little person she carries. (And she already knows about the heartburn, and the pre-breakfast nausea, and the post-breakfast nausea, and the post-post-breakfast hunger ...)

This goes beyond all that. This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers. As such, she is suddenly aware of her child’s mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter!"

Yeah, Kylo is just an one-dimensional, irredeemable villain. That's why he is described this way.

@FrolickingFizzgig: yeeees, it's Dory. So adorable Smile.
@EchoBase

This is fantastic! This is the person who resisted the dark for 23 years. That's the person/light that is still fighting his way to the surface. Good grief, I want to know what pushes him over the edge! Thanks for bringing this over. I will have to buy this book now. :-)

P.S. We saw Finding Dory this weekend. She and the movie are both adorable. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:49 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:People say we shouldn't feel sympathy for a character we're clearly supposed to feel sympathy for? Lol bye internet.

@Mana wrote:noooo he killed my lord and saviour, he doesn't deserve to be redeemed!!!!! (which is not how redemption works but, whatever)

All of this again points to the ST positioning Leia as the central character for the OT, part of "making things right." Both with this book and from what ya'll have said about Claudia Grey's book. And yet purists are going to hang on to Cool Dad Han as the most important person in the galaxy. When it sounds like he pulled the "went out for cigarettes...for 6 months" move on his pregnant wife. This is kind of as gross as the whole insistence that Rey has to exist either as Finn's LI or Luke's daughter because "he deserves it" (never mind what she wants).  Anyways, the hints being dropped from her perspective at least show how much she loves her son, regardless of the estrangement and his subsequent Very Bad Actions. Curious to see if/how that's played out in the actual movies. And between what's been shown in the movies and what we know of Carrie Fisher (all hail the Queen), Leia's not characterized as the sort of woman who would blindly love her son to the point of using the "Boys will be boys" argument to excuse his actions.

Oh and re:Finding Dory, haven't seen it but sounds like they make a shout-out to the Marine Mammal Center that's a regional institution. They do really good work for wildlife rescue/rehab, including all of the baby sea lions who are struggling with the drought and El Nino. I've sponsored some of their baby sea lions and seals in the past and they are always happy to take your donations. Every kid who grows up in this part of California always goes there on at least one field trip.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:50 am

The third book in this trilogy will be released after Rogue one?
I wonder if Admiral Rae Sloane is a relative of Reys?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:56 am

@Mana wrote:noooo he killed my lord and saviour, he doesn't deserve to be redeemed!!!!! (which is not how redemption works but, whatever)

@Mana

Exactly! And considering that some of the "he can't be redeemed" people are giving "Jesus status" to Han, it would be nice if they followed through on that thought. The touching of the face moment is literally a "forgive him, he knows not what he does"/unconditional forgiveness type of act.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:57 am

@snufkin wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:People say we shouldn't feel sympathy for a character we're clearly supposed to feel sympathy for? Lol bye internet.

All of this again points to the ST positioning Leia as the central character for the OT, part of "making things right." Both with this book and from what ya'll have said about Claudia Grey's book. And yet purists are going to hang on to Cool Dad Han as the most important person in the galaxy. When it sounds like he pulled the "went out for cigarettes...for 6 months" move on his pregnant wife. This is kind of as gross as the whole insistence that Rey has to exist either as Finn's LI or Luke's daughter because "he deserves it" (never mind what she wants).  Anyways, the hints being dropped from her perspective at least show how much she loves her son, regardless of the estrangement and his subsequent Very Bad Actions. Curious to see if/how that's played out in the actual movies. And between what's been shown in the movies and what we know of Carrie Fisher (all hail the Queen), Leia's not characterized as the sort of woman who would blindly love her son to the point of using the "Boys will be boys" argument to excuse his actions.

@"snufkin''
What's hypocrtitical is that noone is judging Leia for loving and wnating her psycho''son back yet Rey would be weak and her character would be destroyed if she falls in love with Kylo and wants to help him find his way. Rolling Eyes

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:58 am

@Birdwoman wrote:The third book in this trilogy will be released after Rogue one?
@Birdwoman

Is that the admiral played by Ben Mendelssohn?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:02 am

I have no idea. Just a character written in Aftermath who is a imperial admiral and is being hunted by the Rebels. I guess they are chasing this person across the galaxy or something like that...I was just reading the summaries on amazon.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:09 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:The third book in this trilogy will be released after Rogue one?
@Birdwoman

Is that the admiral played by Ben Mendelssohn?
@SoloSideCousin

I believe Rae Sloane is meant to be a black woman, so nope to both. Wink
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:10 am

@CienaRee wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@"snufkin''
What's hypocrtitical is that noone is judging Leia for loving and wnating her psycho''son back yet Rey would be weak and her character would be destroyed if she falls in love with Kylo and wants to help him find his way. :roll:
@CienaRee

Yeah, well God forbid if it turned out that the two of the most important people between the OT and ST (and in that galaxy) are women, right? They're there to do the emotional labor and validate the actual heroes
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:30 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

"
It’s her child.

This isn’t just a mother’s recognition of the life inside—that, she already knows. She’s already well aware of the bump and tumble of that little person she carries. (And she already knows about the heartburn, and the pre-breakfast nausea, and the post-breakfast nausea, and the post-post-breakfast hunger ...)

This goes beyond all that. This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers. As such, she is suddenly aware of her child’s mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter!"

Yeah, Kylo is just an one-dimensional, irredeemable villain. That's why he is described this way.

@EchoBase

Okay, yeah, if that doesn't make people love him a little bit, they must not have a heart. Little flickers of this Ben can still be seen in Kylo. Clearly this has to go somewhere. Wink
@Krafty

A person must have a heart of ice if that doesn't make their heart ache a little bit, if only for Leia's sake.

THIS IS HER ONLY SON. I feel like buying a megaphone and shouting that from the rooftops.
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, exactly. And to think there are actually people who think it's feasible for Leia to kill her child...talk about disturbing. Enough of the tragedy. Han was enough. The odd part is some of the people who think Leia should or could kill Kylo are the same ones who worry about the OT's reputation and legacy. To me, I can't think of anything worse than Leia killing her only child.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:32 am

Kessel89 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

Okay, yeah, if that doesn't make people love him a little bit, they must not have a heart. Little flickers of this Ben can still be seen in Kylo. Clearly this has to go somewhere. Wink
@Krafty

A person must have a heart of ice if that doesn't make their heart ache a little bit, if only for Leia's sake.

THIS IS HER ONLY SON. I feel like buying a megaphone and shouting that from the rooftops.
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, exactly. And to think there are actually people who think it's feasible for Leia to kill her child...talk about disturbing. Enough of the tragedy. Han was enough. The odd part is some of the people who think Leia should or could kill Kylo are the same ones who worry about the OT's reputation and legacy. To me, I can't think of anything worse than Leia killing her only child.
@Kessel89

I think what irks me the most is when I saw some anti saying Leia should just accept Kylo dying and adopt Rey, Finn and Poe instead. I basically had to go and take a good walk, and I had to hold myself from asking the poster: "Tell me, do you happen to be a parent?"
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:46 am

@Irina de France wrote: I think what irks me the most is when I saw some anti saying Leia should just accept Kylo dying and adopt Rey, Finn and Poe instead. I basically had to go and take a good walk, and I had to hold myself from asking the poster: "Tell me, do you happen to be a parent?"
@Irina de France

Tell me about it. I cannot stand that. Those people don't understand what SW is about or they just want Kylo gone (what they want is different than what they know will actually happen).

Those people will be disappointed because I really don't think that's what this trilogy has planned. Just look at that Life Debt excerpt with Leia feeling unborn baby Ben like that and the way she describes him...What is the point of making the "Jedi killer" Leia's only child, the legacy child if she's just going to give up on him and adopt a couple of young adults she just met and a thirty-two-year-old man? They may as well have made Kylo unrelated and an alien if that's the emotional investment Leia is going to have in the situation.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:48 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

I was just about to quote that because I'm in a tizzy of feels over it! Ben... Crying or Very sad
@ZioRen

Yes, same here!
@EchoBase

Oh...

Her hands fly in front of her mouth as she both laughs and cries at the same time. This, she thinks, is the light side that Luke always goes on about—the promise of light, the promise of a new life . . .

And then, the black edging of the dark side encircles her bliss like a noose. Because what rides swift on the heels of hope but fear — a fear that stretches out far and wide like a growing shadow. Fear of having a child in an unstable galaxy. Fear of whether or not Han is alive — or Luke, too. Will the child grow up with a father? An uncle? A mentor? What is her legacy and what will her boy’s legacy be?

WAAAAAAAHHHHH

I see that LF and their associates are determined to part us with our money.
@Darth Dingbat

Not just our money, our sanity and emotional well-being too.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 3 JbaMd88
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 3 Tumblr_m1dk98VnFt1r6t6yc
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 3 Giphy
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:51 am

Kessel89 wrote:
@Irina de France wrote: I think what irks me the most is when I saw some anti saying Leia should just accept Kylo dying and adopt Rey, Finn and Poe instead. I basically had to go and take a good walk, and I had to hold myself from asking the poster: "Tell me, do you happen to be a parent?"
@Irina de France

Tell me about it. I cannot stand that. Those people don't understand what SW is about or they just want Kylo gone (what they want is different than what they know will actually happen).

Those people will be disappointed because I really don't think that's what this trilogy has planned. Just look at that Life Debt excerpt with Leia feeling unborn baby Ben like that and the way she describes him...What is the point of making the "Jedi killer" Leia's only child, the legacy child if she's just going to give up on him and adopt a couple of young adults she just met and a thirty-two-year-old man? They may as well have made Kylo unrelated and an alien if that's the emotional investment Leia is going to have in the situation.
@Kessel89

Aside from them not understanding a parent's love, the idea of Leia suddenly adopting Rey, Finn and Poe is stupid. Sounds like a wish-fulfilling, very badly written fanfiction.
Marchtwin
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:54 am

@snufkin wrote:

Oh and re:Finding Dory, haven't seen it but sounds like they make a shout-out to the Marine Mammal Center that's a regional institution. They do really good work for wildlife rescue/rehab, including all of the baby sea lions who are struggling with the drought and El Nino. I've sponsored some of their baby sea lions and seals in the past and they are always happy to take your donations. Every kid who grows up in this part of California always goes there on at least one field trip.
@snufkin

Not to hijack this thread, but I volunteered there from 1998-2002. Sunday Night Crew...although after my first full year, I cut back to just doing harbor seals. I have very fond memories of my time there. That's also where I honed my skills in cat-pilling and administering sub-q fluids to an animal...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:55 am

Kessel89 wrote:
@Irina de France

@Kessel89

Exactly. I mean, Leia is basically the Sansa Stark of Star Wars. Just look at everything that happened to her:

- Her father was a Jedi knight secretly married to a Senator: it ended up with him turning to the Dark Side and becoming a Sith Lord who murdered masses of people and her dying when she gave birth to Leia and Luke.
- She has a happy childhood, but it all ends up with her home planet getting destroyed in front of her very eyes and her adoptive parents dying at the same time.
- She meets a man she falls in love with, and then he gets frozen in carbonite.
- She manages to free him and get with him and all eventually, and that's pretty much the only positive thing that happens to her in all the OT, but imagine if they had went with Lawrence Kasdan's ending...
- Let me add that she was forced into a metal bikini and thank God Jabba didn't have time to do anything with her... I'm still shuddering, though.
- She discovers her father is Darth Vader, and with everything I've described above, all I can say is YOUCH.
- She joins the effort into rebuilding the New Republic, and from what I gather of Bloodline (I haven't read Aftermath), it wasn't easy.
- She becomes pregnant, and from what I gather, it was unexpected.
- She has a very rocky relationship with Han, even though they did love each other, and this damaged their kid emotionally.
- Her only kid becomes manipulated from a young age by Snoke, and she can do nothing about it, so she has to separate herself from him and send him to Luke.
- The situation in the Senate only becomes worse and worse, and
Bloodline spoiler:
her lineage is revealed
- She has to build up the Resistance without the support of the New Republic, who seemingly doesn't consider the First Order as much as a threat as they should.
- Her son, after 23 years of getting influenced and groomed by Snoke, falls to the Dark Side.
- Han dies killed by his own son.

GIVE THAT WOMAN A BREAK ALREADY.

(Seems to be a thing in the GFFA for the leading lady to suffer a whole lot. Just look at Padmé too. Things didn't end well for Mara Jade either, and look at what happened to Bastila Shan or the Exile...)
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:09 pm

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

Mama Leia loves baby Ben. So cute. Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:15 pm

@CienaRee wrote:Oh,I feel so sad for baby Ben.It looks like his parents were already fighting before he was even born.Seriously WTH Han leaving your pregnant angry wife alone?I know we dont have the book yet but it still sucks.
But I think we got our first canon description of what kind of personality Ben Solo had before becoming Kylo Ren. Very Happy
@CienaRee

Sounds like he's a lot like Rey...Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:17 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:Oh,I feel so sad for baby Ben.It looks like his parents were already fighting before he was even born.Seriously WTH Han leaving your pregnant angry wife alone?I know we dont have the book yet but it still sucks.
But I think we got our first canon description of what kind of personality Ben Solo had before becoming Kylo Ren. Very Happy
@CienaRee

Sounds like he's a lot like Rey...Smile
@Kessel89
Hehe,it's time to have a couple whose personslities are compatable not polar opposites like Anidala and Han/Leia. Wink
Those who say Kylo is weak and pathetic should read this.

Last edited by CienaRee on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:18 pm

WhatGirl wrote:

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

@WhatGirl
I think this is a new level for SW. Making a character sympathetic before they're even born using the Force. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:29 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

@WhatGirl
I think this is a new level for SW. Making a character sympathetic before they're even born using the Force. xD
@FrolickingFizzgig

The bolded though - what an absolutely gorgeous description of Ben Solo. I can't imagine the writers giving us this enticing little blip and not following through on allowing us to finally meet him. Surely it also can't be just Reylos who feel this way.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:31 pm

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

Another reason why a scene where Kylo is having a break down, sobbing and hugging his mother tightly while Leia gently pats his head, is needed. A scene like that is bound to happen somehow
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

Another reason why a scene where Kylo is having a break down, sobbing and hugging his mother tightly while Leia gently pats his head, is needed. A scene like that is bound to happen somehow
@Sylvia Snow

Given the spoilers we have now (Kylo coming to Ach-To/Leia being in a coma), I don't think this scene will happen in VIII. I would bet money though, it will happen in IX, probably somewhere in the middle of Act III. Out of the OT3, VII was Han's movie, VIII is looking likely to be Luke's, and that leaves IX for Leia.

Aside from an actual Reylo kiss, this is the scene I am looking forward to with all my being.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum