ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:58 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
@Irina de France wrote: I think what irks me the most is when I saw some anti saying Leia should just accept Kylo dying and adopt Rey, Finn and Poe instead. I basically had to go and take a good walk, and I had to hold myself from asking the poster: "Tell me, do you happen to be a parent?"
@Irina de France

Tell me about it. I cannot stand that. Those people don't understand what SW is about or they just want Kylo gone (what they want is different than what they know will actually happen).

Those people will be disappointed because I really don't think that's what this trilogy has planned. Just look at that Life Debt excerpt with Leia feeling unborn baby Ben like that and the way she describes him...What is the point of making the "Jedi killer" Leia's only child, the legacy child if she's just going to give up on him and adopt a couple of young adults she just met and a thirty-two-year-old man? They may as well have made Kylo unrelated and an alien if that's the emotional investment Leia is going to have in the situation.
@Kessel89

Exactly! Kylo/Ben is so much more than "Jedi Killer" now.

This goes beyond all that. This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers. As such, she is suddenly aware of her child’s mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter!"

This steel-blooded fighter with pluck and wit and a keen mind who is seems to fill Leia with overwhelming light in that excerpt is not the type of soul who turns to the dark side for greed or for "the powah!!!!" Laughing . This "steel-blooded fighter" is a sufferer willing to endure and go all the way in his '"fight" for something. With this and with lines from Bloodline and with his conflict throughout TFA, there is a very real *reason* that he turned.

And now LF is going get more of my money, like @Darth Dingbat says, so I can try to figure out what that reason is, while they make me wait 18 months! Laughing
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:59 pm

I just read the Life Debt excerpt. So Leia is pregnant with Ben and doesn't know if Han is dead or alive, and she's angry at him? This is heavy stuff.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:09 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:I just read the Life Debt excerpt. So Leia is pregnant with Ben and doesn't know if Han is dead or alive, and she's angry at him? This is heavy stuff.
@BastilaBey
You know this makes me blieve evn more that Ben wasn't planned.Here Leia's worrying sick about rbinging a child in a Glaxy that's so unstable.
I think this also contradicts Bloodline a little bit where Leia talked about having conceived Ben on the Falcon during one of their travels or something like that.I can't see that happen now that we have her POV about the state of the Galaxy and Luke apparently leaving her.
Also the fact that han and Leia are fighting even ebfore Ben's born fits with what the movie/JJ/Adam said about han/Leia having a tumultuous relationship.I mean Bloodline alluded to it and it's set years later after this but it's good to know that this novel doesn't contradict the canon like some fans complained Bloodline did.
Oh,and according to the writer of this book we'll have more of Leia's POV which is great. Very Happy

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:29 pm

@CienaRee wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:I just read the Life Debt excerpt. So Leia is pregnant with Ben and doesn't know if Han is dead or alive, and she's angry at him? This is heavy stuff.
@BastilaBey
You know this makes me blieve evn more that Ben wasn't planned.Here Leia's worrying sick about rbinging a child in a Glaxy that's so unstable.
I think this also contradicts Bloodline a little bit where Leia talked about having conceived Ben on the Falcon during one of their travels or something like that.I can't see that happen now that we have her POV about the state of the Galaxy and Luke apparently leaving her.
Also the fact that han and Leia are fighting even ebfore Ben's born fits with what the movie/JJ/Adam said about han/Leia having a tumultuous relationship.I mean Bloodline alluded to it and it's set years later after this but it's good to know that this novel doesn't contradict the canon like some fans complained Bloodline did.
Oh,and according to the writer of this book we'll have more of Leia's POV which is great. Very Happy
@CienaRee

I don't think this excerpt contradicts Bloodlines. People have intimate relations every day with having no goal of having a child. Han and Leia especially strike me as being no different from this. Yes it's very clear that Han and Leia have had a tumultuous relationship which doesn't mean they don't they don't have sex - quite the opposite!

The real question though from this excerpt is this: Was Leia feeling the actual Darkside in her child, or did this feeling come from the fear that was being generated about raising a child in an unstable galaxy? I personally would like to think it's the latter - no person is immune to the Dark, including Leia.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:41 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:
@BastilaBey
@CienaRee

I don't think this excerpt contradicts Bloodlines.  People have intimate relations every day with having no goal of having a child.  Han and Leia especially strike me as being no different from this.  Yes it's very clear that Han and Leia have had a tumultuous relationship which doesn't mean they don't they don't have sex - quite the opposite!  

The real question though from this excerpt is this: Was Leia feeling the actual Darkside in her child, or did this feeling come from the fear that was being generated about raising a child in an unstable galaxy?  I personally would like to think it's the latter - no person is immune to the Dark, including Leia.  
@IoJovi
Sorry,I meant that it contradicted Bloodline a little in the sense that I don't see Han and Leia having trips and conceiving Ben on the Falcon.druong those trips .At this stage Leia seems busy with establishing the New Reoublic and worried oer the state of the Galaxy so I don't think she would have time for that but I could be wrong.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:40 pm

That excerpt. Oh my.

All accepted canon/okayed from Lucasfilm? For something coming out in a month I haven't heard anything about it.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:48 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:That excerpt. Oh my.

All accepted canon/okayed from Lucasfilm? For something coming out in a month I haven't heard anything about it.
@Xylo Ren

Same here.  The marketing for Bloodlines was pretty insane from the time TFA came out to the day it was released.  I was chomping at the bit to read it!

Today is the first I've heard of Life Debt, which is why at first I thought that post was about Aftermath, which was released last September.  I'm pretty shocked to hear about it just now when its due out in only a month.

I'm still assuming it's canon and 100% true as I also saw an article on it on Yahoo, separate from this forum.  If this is legit, you bet I'll be reading it!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:That excerpt. Oh my.

@Xylo Ren

Same here.  The marketing for Bloodlines was pretty insane from the time TFA came out to the day it was released.  I was chomping at the bit to read it!

Today is the first I've heard of Life Debt, which is why at first I thought that post was about Aftermath, which was released last September.  I'm pretty shocked to hear about it just now when its due out in only a month.

I'm still assuming it's canon and 100% true as I also saw an article on it on Yahoo, separate from this forum.  If this is legit, you bet I'll be reading it!
@IoJovi

It's real as far as I can tell. It's the sequel to Aftermath, which is apparently a trilogy. So it's as canon as Aftermath was.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:51 pm

It is canon, it's the second book in the Aftermath trilogy. I didn't love Aftermath, the writing wasn't my kind of style, but it's handy for learning more about what happened post-RotJ.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:55 pm

Why haven't we ever discussed Aftermath?

I just read the plot synopsis on wookiepedia, and it doesn't look like Han and Leia are in it a lot. So the timeline would be:

Ep VI

Aftermath

sunlight run mentioned in Bloodline (Ben's conception)

Life Debt

(third book in trilogy?)

Bloodline

Tfa
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:10 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:It is canon, it's the second book in the Aftermath trilogy. I didn't love Aftermath, the writing wasn't my kind of style, but it's handy for learning more about what happened post-RotJ.
@BastilaBey

I looked up Aftermath and am not particularly interested in reading it. Do you think I'd need to read Aftermath to not have a ton of gaping holes for Life Debt?

I doubt that anyone will even match Claudia Gray's characterization of Leia, but omg... Baby Ben!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:13 pm

@EchoBase wrote:Woohoo, this is interesting:

http://mashable.com/2016/06/21/star-wars-aftermath-life-debt/#Y_PplUxcHEqU

From Aftermath -Life debt.

"
It’s her child.

This isn’t just a mother’s recognition of the life inside—that, she already knows. She’s already well aware of the bump and tumble of that little person she carries. (And she already knows about the heartburn, and the pre-breakfast nausea, and the post-breakfast nausea, and the post-post-breakfast hunger ...)

This goes beyond all that. This is something separate from her. It isn’t a physical feeling. It is all around her. It suffuses her like the perfume from a jungle of flowers. As such, she is suddenly aware of her child’s mind and spirit: She senses pluck and wit and steel blood and a keen mind and by the blood of Alderaan is this one going to be a fighter!"

@EchoBase

Omgg this is so beautiful!! How can any good hearted person not want him to become good again after that! Leia sensed something incredible in her son, it's still there! It must!

As a random thought...I wonder what an amazing connection a force sensitive mother has with her unborn children. It'll be interesting if there's more descriptions later throughout her pregnancy. Imagine Rey and reylo baby Very Happy , or even better, Rey AND ben connecting with her reylo babies, like a beautiful force sphere created by all of them

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:18 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:It is canon, it's the second book in the Aftermath trilogy. I didn't love Aftermath, the writing wasn't my kind of style, but it's handy for learning more about what happened post-RotJ.
@BastilaBey

I looked up Aftermath and am not particularly interested in reading it. Do you think I'd need to read Aftermath to not have a ton of gaping holes for Life Debt?

I doubt that anyone will even match Claudia Gray's characterization of Leia, but omg... Baby Ben!
@ISeeAnIsland

Hmm, I'm not sure. The plot summary might be enough, but there are quite a few characters who as far as I'm aware don't appear anywhere else. I wasn't planning on reading this one, to be honest, I might wait to see how much Han and Leia are in it.

Claudia's Leia was perfect, you can tell she really loves the character. I want her to write another SW book, asap!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:19 pm

@rey09 wrote:

"
It’s her child.

This isn’t just a mother’s recognition of the life inside—that, she already knows. She’s already well aware of the bump and tumble of that little person she carries. (And she already knows about the heartburn, and the pre-breakfast nausea, and the post-breakfast nausea, and the post-post-breakfast hunger ...)

@EchoBase

Omgg this is so beautiful!! How can any good hearted person not want him to become good again after that! Leia sensed something incredible in her son, it's still there! It must!

As a random thought...I wonder what an amazing connection a force sensitive mother has with her unborn children. It'll be interesting if there's more descriptions later throughout her pregnancy. Imagine Rey and reylo baby Very Happy , or even better, Rey AND ben connecting with her reylo babies, like a beautiful force sphere created by all of them

@rey09

I know, that excerpt really is beautiful! Because of the Force, Leia met Ben before he was even born.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm

@rey09 wrote:

"
It’s her child.

@EchoBase

@rey09

Those here who have kids know this, but you absolutely get an idea of your kid's personality while you're pregnant. A kid who's a ball of energy was probably that way in the womb (mine was), and I know that friends with quieter kids have told me that their child was mellow in the womb. And that's without even taking Force sensitivity into account.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:34 pm

I love that excerpt from Life Debt. I haven't read Aftermath but I think I might have to now. The writer did go into a few things about the book on Twitter, earlier today. He said that Han and Chewie are not the main focus of the plot but rather a focus. Also, that there was more to that Leia chapter than it being just an interlude. https://twitter.com/ChuckWendig/status/745250796531515393

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:37 pm

@ISeeAnIsland ah interesting! I should ask my mom lol.
@Kessel89 Yes! And it also seems that it was the first time she really felt the force strongly, I think the part before that excerpt shows Leia being unsure of the force being strong in her, until she felt Ben.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:47 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_o957agwL191v2n3h6o1_540

from Twitter "Star Wars Stuff" and tumblr starrypoe

"We'll see."
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:52 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_o957agwL191v2n3h6o1_540

"We'll see."
@Xylo Ren

@BastilaBey Yeahhhhh! Hope we get to see this!

Looks like there was footage shown at Licensing Expo after all. If so I was wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:58 pm

@applecrumble122 omg!! @nonesuch we need to meet up and see this together! Hopefully they show it over the whole weekend. I guess once it's out on Friday it will be all over the Internet anyway lol
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:59 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 4 Tumblr_o957agwL191v2n3h6o1_540

"We'll see."
@Xylo Ren

@BastilaBey Yeahhhhh! Hope we get to see this!

Looks like there was footage shown at Licensing Expo after all. If so I was wrong!
@AppleCrumble122

Can't wait to see what kind of information we will be getting from those who attended the event
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 6:07 pm

I'm not sure about the reliability of Star Wars Stuff given some of the things they've reported as fact in the past, but I hope we get to see something from Ep VIII at Celebration. If they do show a teaser, I expect it will only be very carefully selected quick snippets, but we might get something to buzz about like with Kylo's lightsaber reveal for TFA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm

All this BS about Leia adopting Finn, Rey and Poe. As if these kids can replace her own child....a mother will never love anyone as much as she loves her own child...no matter what happens.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 7:16 pm

@Mana wrote:All this BS about Leia adopting Finn, Rey and Poe. As if these kids can replace her own child....a mother will never love anyone as much as she loves her own child...no matter what happens.
@Mana

I do think Star Wars has presented very positive messages about adoption in the past, which is fantastic. As we know, Leia herself was adopted by Bail and Breha Organa and they couldn't have loved each other more if they were blood-related. But this is different because Rey, Finn and Poe are adults. Families can still be made by friends banding together, loving and caring for each other as if brother/sister, parent/child etc, but crappy as Rey's childhood was and stolen as Finn's was, they made it through. I'm sure Leia and Luke will become very important and dear to Rey and Finn and vice versa, but adopted parents? I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 7:25 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Mana wrote:All this BS about Leia adopting Finn, Rey and Poe. As if these kids can replace her own child....a mother will never love anyone as much as she loves her own child...no matter what happens.
@Mana

I do think Star Wars has presented very positive messages about adoption in the past, which is fantastic. As we know, Leia herself was adopted by Bail and Breha Organa and they couldn't have loved each other more if they were blood-related. But this is different because Rey, Finn and Poe are adults. Families can still be made by friends banding together, loving and caring for each other as if brother/sister, parent/child etc, but crappy as Rey's childhood was and stolen as Finn's was, they made it through. I'm sure Leia and Luke will become very important and dear to Rey and Finn and vice versa, but adopted parents? I don't think so.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I understand that..but what these people are suggesting is that Rey Finn Poe would make 'better' more 'devoted' children, and they'll be everything that Leia could want in sons and daughters of her own which she wasn't able to get from her own child, and they are more worthy of being children to Han and Leia...I call BS on that...its not how mothering works. They may see it that way, but they can't expect a mother to. they want Rey etc. to serve as replacements...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum