ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by IoJovi on Sun 17 Jul - 14:17

@Vaderito, it looks like he's leaning in her for a stolen kiss!  TPTB know exactly what they're doing when they show him in that pose.  It's all subliminal, but it's there.

@Gemini I do like where youre headed with that. I'm of the mind Rey has dark origins, but also that Obi Wan is her grandfather. That said, didn't Pablo actually state that Rey's parents would not be in this movie, period? And Krennic would have to be probably well into his 70s before he fathered her, given he looks to be in his 50s in this movie.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 14:33

@IoJovi

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Hqdefault

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Hqdefault

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-YjLD2Gppk1P_dFpAuXPkPJfvU3anxVwVyHBGY9TR4prRV0cF

Sword kiss is happening. SW has never had a LS kiss. It's happening, folks.  Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 17 Jul - 15:02

@vaderito Don't tease us!!! I would die happy in my soda-coated theatre seat if a sword fight kiss happened.

EDIT: Headcanon: That's why she falls off the cliff. He backs her to a cliff again, they unexpectedly kiss. She's so shocked she faints.  ROFL
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 17 Jul - 15:32

@Gemini wrote:Howdie doodie

With the revelation from the celebration that the Mandalorians are now starting to work for the Empire in Rebels, we (spacebaby and I) have come to the conclusion that the writers are setting up Korkie Kryze (soon to be leader of the Mandalorians) to be Orson Krennic in Rogue One. He's not the only person from the clone wars to cross over into Rogue One

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Image15

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 1466621200121

We also have a sneaking suspicion that he is Obi Wans son as has been speculated in the fandom for years due to the fact when he was first presented he had red and blonde hair mixed and looked a lot like obi wan in the clone wars.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Image17

We think he might be Reys father based off of various things revealed recently such as the significance of the stormtrooper doll and reys doll.

Their names have the same amount of letters (12) and the same initials

Orson Krennic

Obiwan Kenobi

Not only that but Orson Krennic is an anogram of the words: son corkie/sonn corrkie  (it's the traditional spelling of the name)

Their character bios are very similar, both very ambitious government based very intelligent. It's almost like a carry on from korkies bio.

The death troopers are unique to him and have mandalorian armour

The conflict talked about between Orson and darth Vader, again mirrors darth Vader/obi wan conflict. If this man is a kenobi then Vader will sense it a mile off.

The poster linking Rey with Orson Krennic and Ren with Han Solo, both of their fathers? Parallels again, Kylo Rens  connection to his father goes upwards and reys connection to her possible father goes downwards.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Image16

I think people were on the right track about her having dark origins but also her being a possible kenobi at the same time.
@Gemini

I just posted about this in the Rey Kenobi thread   Laughing
It's not the craziest theory I have heard and the people making the video make a good connection to everything
Explains also the conflict Vader has with Orson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGUIITvgTi4
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 15:53

@MeadowofAshes wrote:@vaderito Don't tease us!!! I would die happy in my soda-coated theatre seat if a sword fight kiss happened.

EDIT: Headcanon: That's why she falls off the cliff. He backs her to a cliff again, they unexpectedly kiss. She's so shocked she faints.  ROFL
@MeadowofAshes

I'm not teasing. It would be a missed opportunity to have a male/female lightsaber duo and don't give them a swordfight kiss. They have been this close already:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Screen29
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Screen26

next step is the kiss itself. 

P.S. Beauty of this scene is incomparable. Rian will have tough task matching or surpassing it visually/cinematography but Ireland landscape should help him.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 17 Jul - 16:12

@snufkin wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Rey could be captured by a third party...BDT's character or Hux or someone.

It seems likely though that Kylo tells Rey something in the hut that enrages Luke - like maybe Luke had something to do with her parents' death or is hiding something from her- and they leave. Either Rey becomes dark side or they go to take down Snoke.
@ReyofLightSide

I've thought it couldn't be Luke because two (three?) deaths would be way too much for her to forgive that family for.
@snufkin

He may not have killed them but it could be some secret he has been hiding from her.
Something that would enrage Luke enough would be that,Kylo tempting Rey, or a Reylo kiss Twisted Evil
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 16:24

UPDATES FROM THE PANEL WITH RIAN AND KATHY:

VIII STARTS SECONDS AFTER TFA

MOVIES THAT INFLUENCED VIII:

3 OUTLAW SAMURAI
BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI
12 O’CLOCK HIGH
LETTER NEVER SENT
GUNGA DIN
SAHARA

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Cnkry36XEAAPgCK

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Cnkr4AWXgAAxt5G
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 17 Jul - 16:25

@vaderito wrote:UPDATES FROM THE PANEL WITH RIAN AND KATHY:

VIII STARTS SECONDS AFTER TFA

MOVIES THAT INFLUENCED VIII:

3 OUTLAW SAMURAI
BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI
12 O’CLOCK HIGH
LETTER NEVER SENT
GUNGA DIN
SAHARA

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Cnkry36XEAAPgCK
@vaderito Seconds. Holy God. Force Bond. That's gotta be how he found that girl.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 16:28

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 CnksWDpXYAEgaxR

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 CnksWFGWcAA3Yic
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 16:42

From Wiki:

3 Outlaw Samurai

The film involves a wandering ronin(Tetsuro Tamba) who finds himself involved with two other samurai (Isamu Nagato and Mikijiro Hira) who are hired to execute a band of peasants who have kidnapped the daughter of a corrupt magistrate.[1]

t's an impressively well-told story with interesting characters and a surprise in every scene. Gosha and his writers Keiichi Abe and Eizaburo Shiba work clever games with the standard samurai archetypes: all are present, yet they refuse to accept their traditional roles. Gosha's thriller soon lets us know that it is not going to be yet another simplistic morality play about honor and loyalty....[Gosha] makes Three Outlaw Samurai a thorough critique of authoritarian society and the traditional honor code of the samurai.

Sahara

The film's tagline is "She challenged the desert, its men, their passions and ignited a bold adventure." 

The setting is in the year 1927. After her father dies, a young American heiress, Dale disguises herself as a man and takes the place of her father in an international car race through the Sahara. Dale is taken prisoner by Rasoul [old ugly guy], but is rescued by Jaffar [young handsome]. However, more trouble awaits her before she can finish the race. Dale falls in love with Jaffar and marries him. Rasoul ends up dying in the end. She wins the race, becoming the first woman to win this international car race.

Other movies, save our beloved Letter Never Sent seems to apply to Resisatnce.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 CnkvawTWIAA0Ygk

Rian Johnson's cameo in VIII. 

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 CnkwEmwWcAA8pfd

Director Gareth Edwards has a cameo in Star Wars: Episode VIII! #SWCE

Alden Ehrenreich joins at the stage, confirmed as Han Solo, their first choice after which they tested 3000 other actors, lol.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 16:51

BOYEGA IN DA HOUSE!

Jeff Sneider hints he knows who's female lead in Young Han #DoctorIsIn is Dr Who reference right?

JB repeats that it's an indie movie. Jokes that they should have kept Finn in coma and cut back to him. But confirms he comes out of coma, duh.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 CnkzxpaVIAAeznO

Mark and Carrie on stage!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 17:02

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 Cnk0d9hVYAENfr2
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 17 Jul - 17:04

Has it all finished now?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 17:05

@Gemini wrote:Has it all finished now?
@Gemini

User Actions

Following
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 OC-jaITS_biggerdevin faraci‏

[ltr]@devincf[/ltr]

Literally no news came out of this big, unstreamed panel. Sorry, guys. #SWCE

[size=18]User Actions

Following
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 97Rs8RiL_biggerPeter Sciretta[size=1]Verified account[/size]‏[ltr]@slashfilm[/ltr][/size]

I am in SHOCK that there was no news or big reveals during the Star Wars Future Filmmaker panel. Disappointing.

I guess yes. It's the end. But we got news, guys, More Movies that Inspired VIII. We gotta watch those that seem to apply to Rey and Kylo - 3 Outlaw Samurai and Sahara.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 17 Jul - 17:11

Letter never sent to the resistance??!!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 17 Jul - 17:16

@vaderito wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Has it all finished now?
@Gemini

User Actions

Following
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 OC-jaITS_biggerdevin faraci‏

[ltr]@devincf[/ltr]

Literally no news came out of this big, unstreamed panel. Sorry, guys. #SWCE

[size=18]User Actions

Following
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 97Rs8RiL_biggerPeter Sciretta[size=1]Verified account[/size]‏[ltr]@slashfilm[/ltr][/size]

I am in SHOCK that there was no news or big reveals during the Star Wars Future Filmmaker panel. Disappointing.

I guess yes. It's the end. But we got news, guys, More Movies that Inspired VIII. We gotta watch those that seem to apply to Rey and Kylo - 3 Outlaw Samurai and Sahara.
@vaderito

me too... thought they would announce the obi stand alone... Sad
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Jul - 17:19

Are we sure which Sahara it is? There are many films with that title. I thought it might be the Humphrey Bogart one, which is a war film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_(1943_film)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary on Sun 17 Jul - 17:25

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Are we sure which Sahara it is? There are many films with that title. I thought it might be the Humphrey Bogart one, which is a war film.

@Darth Dingbat

Yep, that's the one I think - one of the reporters specified it was the 'original' version.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 17:26

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Are we sure which Sahara it is? There are many films with that title. I thought it might be the Humphrey Bogart one, which is a war film.

@Darth Dingbat

Oh, OK, must be that one. I was surprised they were influenced by a stupid Brooke Shields movie, LMAO!  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I wish they ahd balls to be inspired by some cheese.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 17:34

Details emerging from the panel:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-director-rian-johnson-filming-force-awakens/

Johnson referred to The Force Awakens as “an incredible explosion of adventure,” saying thatEpisode VIII will instead be more character-heavy and dig beneath the surface of protagonists Rey and Finn (John Boyega), among others. Later during the Future Filmmaker Discussion panel, Boyega made an appearance (shortly after Alden Ehrenreich was officially confirmed to be playing young Han Solo), adding that “[In Episode 8], the characters have been pushed in a new direction in a very, very cool way.”
Episode VIII, like The Force Awakens before it, will also feature much in the way of practical sets and backdrops, with Johnson saying “The amount of sets we’ve built on this movie has been absolutely outrageous.” He then concluded his part in the panel by noting that the 2017 Star Wars Celebration will feature Episode VIII in the spotlight.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 17 Jul - 17:37

I love how they always say "Rey, Finn... and others." Like come on, guys. You're not fooling anybody. There's a reason Adam has top billing amongst the new cast members LOL.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 17:41

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 X9rYliTY_reasonably_small
Germain Lussier‏ [ltr]@GermainLussier[/ltr]

[ltr]Apparently Kelly Marie Tran is a huge role in Episode VIII, they randomly brought her up. #SWCE[/ltr]
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Jul - 17:44

@vaderito wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 X9rYliTY_reasonably_small
Germain Lussier‏ [ltr]@GermainLussier[/ltr]

[ltr]Apparently Kelly Marie Tran is a huge role in Episode VIII, they randomly brought her up. #SWCE[/ltr]
@vaderito

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 37 PJA3bAG
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Sun 17 Jul - 17:46

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I love how they always say "Rey, Finn... and others." Like come on, guys. You're not fooling anybody. There's a reason Adam has top billing amongst the new cast members LOL.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Glad you said it. I shouldn't take it so personally, but it always upsets me. I'm sorry. Sad  I know he probably doesn't like those types of events, but I really wish to see him discuss the character. Or at least for the character to be mentioned more often since his role is so important. Of course, it has to do with the secrecy around Kylo, he is probably the most guarded character. I'm so looking forward to the day when Daisy & Adam will finally be able to discuss things freely and interact more.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Sun 17 Jul - 19:33; edited 3 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 17:47

I need details how it came about to mention KMT. Apparently Rian said she was very special. 

Also, Jeff Sneider tweets that he knows who is playing the female lead in Young Han and hashtag'd #DoctorIsIn Is that reference to Dr Who or something unrelated?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum