ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 17 Jul - 8:52

Glad that Kelly has a great role, but I hope it doesn't mean Daisy has a lesser role...
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by MissG on Sun 17 Jul - 8:52

Queen of the Knights wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I love how they always say "Rey, Finn... and others." Like come on, guys. You're not fooling anybody. There's a reason Adam has top billing amongst the new cast members LOL.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thank you for saying this. I shouldn't take it so personally, but it always upsets me. I'm sorry. Sad  I know he probably doesn't like those types of events, but I really wish to see him discuss the character one day. Or at least for the character to be mentioned more often.
@Queen of the Knights

I think one day we will get much much more! Especially once they aren't afraid to spoil things anymore.
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 8:53

@soulluos wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I need details how it came about to mention KMT. Apparently Rian said she was very special. 

Also, Jeff Sneider tweets that he knows who is playing the female lead in Young Han and hashtag'd #DoctorIsIn Is that reference to Dr Who or something unrelated?
@vaderito

Consiering John and KMT's character probably share most of their scenes together in VIII, it's not hard to image that Rian would mention her.
@soulluos

Great point. I'm just annoyed that big sites didn't tweet nor reported about it. It's quite irritating that they are all acting like her role is insignificant (cause their precious Maslany didn't get the part).

@motherofpearl1 Rey and KMT likely won't even meet in VIII. Totally different plots.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 8:55; edited 2 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 17 Jul - 8:54

@soulluos wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I need details how it came about to mention KMT. Apparently Rian said she was very special. 

Also, Jeff Sneider tweets that he knows who is playing the female lead in Young Han and hashtag'd #DoctorIsIn Is that reference to Dr Who or something unrelated?
@vaderito

Consiering John and KMT's character probably share most of their scenes together in VIII, it's not hard to image that Rian would mention her.
@soulluos
She's really cute and I hope her role is as great/major as everybody is saying.

@motherofpearl1
Daisy plays the heroine/main protagonist. There's no way her role is going to be diminished in any way. At the end of the day, it's her story, and Kylo's, Finn's, KMT's, Luke's, etc. are going to support her.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 17 Jul - 9:12

I trust your judgement! Very Happy
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 9:15

Looks like #DoctorIsIn refers to MD as in actress initials. Please no secret Solo children, older siblings for Ben introduced or hinted at in Young Han. I guess the chick dies conveniently.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 17 Jul - 9:18

So allegedly Carrie mentioned something about Han's funeral. Not sure if it will be in Ep 8 or if she referenced it to happening offscreen.
Anyway if they do show the funeral and the rumor is the FO attack it to try to take out Leia- will that make Kylo snap? I can't see him being okay with an assassination attempt on his mother. That may be what drives him to Ach-to to Rey, to take on the FO or Snoke.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 17 Jul - 9:22

@vaderito wrote:Looks like #DoctorIsIn refers to MD as in actress initials. Please no secret Solo children, older siblings for Ben introduced or hinted at in Young Han. I guess the chick dies conveniently.
@vaderito
Lol there's no way there will ever be illegitimate Solo children. Young Han is coming out after VIII anyway. It's going to be its own story (unrelated to the ST) like the other standalones.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 9:35

@ReyofLightSide wrote:So allegedly Carrie mentioned something about Han's funeral. Not sure if it will be in Ep 8 or if she referenced it to happening offscreen.
Anyway if they do show the funeral and the rumor is the FO attack it to try to take out Leia- will that make Kylo snap? I can't see him being okay with an assassination attempt on his mother. That may be what drives him to Ach-to to Rey, to take on the FO or Snoke.
@ReyofLightSide

We need Bastila and Nonesuch reports to clarify. But anyway, Carrie's confirmed what Colin's already said - that Leia will be in IX (means Luke too cause Colin's said both will be in the movie)
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 17 Jul - 9:48

We didn't get much in the way of Ep VIII spoilers, but this is decent round up, including the six movies Rian Johnson mentioned as influences http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-viii-panel/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 17 Jul - 9:55

The only actress I can think of if the reference is to Doctor Who is Jenna Coleman....or maybe Maisie Williams. confused

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 17 Jul - 10:05

@panki wrote:

The only actress I can think of if the reference is to Doctor Who is Jenna Coleman....or maybe Maisie Williams. confused
@panki

Either one of them would be age-appropriate for the movie. Jenna is a few years older than Alden; Maisie is a few years younger (assuming that the characters are close in age to the actors themselves). Although Maisie is more strongly associated with Game of Thrones than Dr. Who.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Jul - 10:07

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@panki wrote:

@panki

Either one of them would be age-appropriate for the movie. Jenna is a few years older than Alden; Maisie is a few years younger (assuming that the characters are close in age to the actors themselves). Although Maisie is more strongly associated with Game of Thrones than Dr. Who.

@ISeeAnIsland

I don't watch Doctor Who, but aren't Karen Gillan and Billie Piper also associated with that?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 17 Jul - 10:11

@ReyofLightSide wrote:So allegedly Carrie mentioned something about Han's funeral. Not sure if it will be in Ep 8 or if she referenced it to happening offscreen.
@ReyofLightSide

As far as I understood Carrie mentioned Han s funeral as something happening off screen.
And the rumor of Han s funeral was debunked.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 17 Jul - 10:23

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@panki wrote:

@panki

@ISeeAnIsland

I don't watch Doctor Who, but aren't Karen Gillan and Billie Piper also associated with that?
@Darth Dingbat

Yes..any many MANY more Smile So it could be anyone Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 17 Jul - 11:03

@vaderito wrote:VIII STARTS SECONDS AFTER TFA
@vaderito

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 My_body_is_ready
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Sun 17 Jul - 11:18

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@vaderito wrote:VIII STARTS SECONDS AFTER TFA
@vaderito

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 My_body_is_ready
@Rimfaxe96

Omg I just died a little!

I assume it will start with Luke actually speaking?
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 11:21

Slash Film report:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 Starwars-episode8-setphoto2

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-viii-panel/

Notbale for brief synopsis of movies that inspired VIII.

Carrie's quotes:

LONDON — Carrie Fisher took to the stage at Star Wars Celebration Europe at the ExCel Centre in London with advice for her newly minted “Star Wars” cast members.

“I told Daisy not to go through the crew like wildfire,” she said. “I told the boys too. I also gave the cast advice on doing press: ‘You don’t have to be funny, you just have to say what it is like to be merchandise.’ That’s not a euphemism.”
“The Force Awakens” saw Princess Leia become General Leia as she led the Resistance against the evil First Order. By the end of the movie, she sends Rey (Daisy Ridley) to bring back the prodigal Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), teeing up ‘Episode VIII.”

“The character was more worried,” she says. “You worry about people coming back from battle. It’s way too much responsibility. I would like to be worried and funny. I would like to send them off with a tap dance.”
In “The Force Awakens,” she is reunited with her estranged husband Han Solo (Harrison Ford), and, in one of the film’s most talked about moments, learns her son Ben Solo, now going under the name Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), has killed the love of her life.
“Han and I had a volatile relationship,” she said. “We have space estrangement. We had a child who turned out to be Hitler. You’d feel bad if he turned out like that. I did spank Adam (Driver) when I first met him.”
“You feel like a camp reunion,” she continued about sharing the screen with Ford again. “Harrison and I just look a little melted.”
[SPOILER ALERT] Asked a question about the events between “Return of the Jedi” and “The Force Awakens,” Fisher started to say “Han’s funeral…” then stopped, prompting internet speculation that this is an “Episode VIII” spoiler.
A member of the audience asked if Leia will take a “new lover “in “Episode VIII.” “God, I hope so,” she said. ”I don’t know. I wear a huge dress. Maybe they will add it in post.”
For a franchise often surrounded by reverence, Fisher proved happy to puncture the mythos, making quips about her hairstyles (“That’s my baboon a** hairstyle,” she says about her “Episode VII” hairdo), the fans (“They ask for selfies, autographs and sexual favors”), the iconic gold bikini (“George had me come up to San Francisco to show me sketches a couple of months before. I thought he was joking”), and becoming a prized collectible. (“I liked being a shampoo where you twist of my head and pour liquid out of my head,” she joked. “I’ve been licked like a stamp. I’ve been a robe.”)
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-carrie-fisher-princess-leia-episode-viii-london-1201815994/

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Sun 17 Jul - 11:28

@vaderito wrote:Carrie's quotes:

LONDON — Carrie Fisher took to the stage at Star Wars Celebration Europe at the ExCel Centre in London with advice for her newly minted “Star Wars” cast members.

“I told Daisy not to go through the crew like wildfire,” she said. “I told the boys too. I also gave the cast advice on doing press: ‘You don’t have to be funny, you just have to say what it is like to be merchandise.’ That’s not a euphemism.”
“The Force Awakens” saw Princess Leia become General Leia as she led the Resistance against the evil First Order. By the end of the movie, she sends Rey (Daisy Ridley) to bring back the prodigal Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), teeing up ‘Episode VIII.”

“The character was more worried,” she says. “You worry about people coming back from battle. It’s way too much responsibility. I would like to be worried and funny. I would like to send them off with a tap dance.”
In “The Force Awakens,” she is reunited with her estranged husband Han Solo (Harrison Ford), and, in one of the film’s most talked about moments, learns her son Ben Solo, now going under the name Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), has killed the love of her life.
“Han and I had a volatile relationship,” she said. “We have space estrangement. We had a child who turned out to be Hitler. You’d feel bad if he turned out like that. I did spank Adam (Driver) when I first met him.”
“You feel like a camp reunion,” she continued about sharing the screen with Ford again. “Harrison and I just look a little melted.”
[SPOILER ALERT] Asked a question about the events between “Return of the Jedi” and “The Force Awakens,” Fisher started to say “Han’s funeral…” then stopped, prompting internet speculation that this is an “Episode VIII” spoiler.
A member of the audience asked if Leia will take a “new lover “in “Episode VIII.” “God, I hope so,” she said. ”I don’t know. I wear a huge dress. Maybe they will add it in post.”
For a franchise often surrounded by reverence, Fisher proved happy to puncture the mythos, making quips about her hairstyles (“That’s my baboon a** hairstyle,” she says about her “Episode VII” hairdo), the fans (“They ask for selfies, autographs and sexual favors”), the iconic gold bikini (“George had me come up to San Francisco to show me sketches a couple of months before. I thought he was joking”), and becoming a prized collectible. (“I liked being a shampoo where you twist of my head and pour liquid out of my head,” she joked. “I’ve been licked like a stamp. I’ve been a robe.”)
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-carrie-fisher-princess-leia-episode-viii-london-1201815994/
@vaderito

IMO go watch the antis use the ''Hitler''thing as proof that Kylo is an unredeemable psycho. Rolling Eyes Laughing

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 17 Jul - 11:30

Wow, VIII is going to push and explore the characters deeper?

But what happened to "no character development allowed"?

I thought it was only about lightsaber duels and family reveals! affraid
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 17 Jul - 11:32

LOL it's going to happen, even though Carrie is clearly joking around. They're talking about space estrangement in a galaxy far, far away. Carrie's a free-speaker too, she doesn't take it seriously (not as seriously as Mark seems to anyway), and that's totally fine. It's her personality.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 11:33

@CienaRee @FrolickingFizzgig I expect nothing less from antis who are so humorless to see that "Hitler" getting a good spankin by his mom is kind of joke only Carrie would make. That hints at some serious evil. The spanking. Yep.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 11:35; edited 3 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 17 Jul - 11:34

bela.mesecina wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@panki wrote:

@panki

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

Yes..any many MANY more Smile So it could be anyone Smile

They mention in the new comics that Han had two LI's before he met Leia.... one is a Princess from the Boz Pity system but we don't know much about her...the second is Sana Starros the bounty hunter (who is an awesome character!)....Sana and he faked their marriage to pull of a scam sometime in the past.... if the LI is Sana and the twitter reference is to Doctor Who, then the actress might be Freema Agyeman, though she is a few years older.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 Getimage

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 38 Freema-agyeman

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul - 11:36

@panki reference is someone with initials MD. Jeff Sneider clarified. I thought it was DR Who reference but apparently it was MD as in doctor.

I hope Han's LI isn't another Princess. Leia should be his only Princess ever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum