ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 3:56 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@vaderito wrote:FINTRANN [redacted]!!!! FINNTRAN'S IN DA HOUSE!!!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Cnlq4H6W8AExwav
@vaderito

Ha!
@ReyofLightSide

What is FinnRey? I've never heard of it. A new alien?
@Queen of the Knights

[edit]alien


Last edited by Darth Rowan on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : content removed, quoted profanity)
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5988
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:05 pm

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10366
Likes : 50052
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by panki on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed that Poe is a "core character" now. Don't get me wrong - I love Oscar Isaac, and I love Poe as he is. But it's a big jump from a character who was originally supposed to die to a central character. He didn't seem at all a dynamic character in TFA: he began as an awesome dude, and finished as an awesome dude. He was the awesome dude supporting character, and great as such.

I'm in the minority here but I will be thrilled to see Poe as a core character..there are so many questions surrounding him-

1. What trauma/injury did he suffer that he received BB-8?
2. What are the circumstances surrounding his mother's death when he was 8?
3. What happened to his father that he had to be brought up by someone else? .....and most importantly,
4. What happened to that force tree in his backyard?

Frankly, he has more mystery surrounding him than even Finn does... while I am sure most of these questions will be answered in the upcoming novel on him, I'll be happy to see more of Poe.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by snufkin on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

So movies mentioned are all from the Golden Age of Hollywood and/or Criterion Collection, which bodes well for our little community of nerds. I just remembered that I have seen Gunga Din years ago, because my uncle who was an actor did a touring company of Noel Coward's Present Laughter with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr*. My mom has a photo of my grandma backstage at one performance with Fairbanks and let me tell you, from that picture he was quite the Silver Fox. The movie itself is known in part for being the inspiration for Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom. Some very typical colonial and racist attitudes (hey it's based on a Kipling poem, so no surprise there), however the main plot of the movie seems pretty clear which storyline it will likely be an influence on:

Gunga Din tells Archibald of a great temple hidden in the mountains made of gold. Archibald, obsessed with finding the gold, steals off into the night with Gunga Din to find the treasure. When they arrive at the temple, they find the Thuggee waiting for them instead. So begins a great, harrowing adventure with spirited hokey lines and crazy action, much like Temple of Doom.




*At the time, I was not winning any cool points on the playground for name dropping Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and Noel Coward, let alone the plot of Gunga Din. But the photo of my grandma with Fairbanks is pretty great, including that he's wearing a Hugh Hefner style smoking jacket. Not kidding about the Silver Fox part!


Last edited by snufkin on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8202
Likes : 37832
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:17 pm

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed that Poe is a "core character" now. Don't get me wrong - I love Oscar Isaac, and I love Poe as he is. But it's a big jump from a character who was originally supposed to die to a central character. He didn't seem at all a dynamic character in TFA: he began as an awesome dude, and finished as an awesome dude. He was the awesome dude supporting character, and great as such.

I'm in the minority here but I will be thrilled to see Poe as a core character..there are so many questions surrounding him-

1. What trauma/injury did he suffer that he received BB-8?
2. What are the circumstances surrounding his mother's death when he was 8?
3. What happened to his father that he had to be brought up by someone else? .....and most importantly,
4. What happened to that force tree in his backyard?

Frankly, he has more mystery surrounding him than even Finn does... while I am sure most of these questions will be answered in the upcoming novel on him, I'll be happy to see more of Poe.
@panki

Oh, I understand that - his background is definitely interesting. But is any of that going to be explored in the films? And is his future character development in this particular trilogy interesting enough to make him a central character?

(If "core character" means "central character", that is. I don't know if it actually does, in this case. Maybe it just means "important character"...)

I don't have a problem with seeing more of Poe - I just hope they don't cut Leia's screentime, for example, to accomplish it. This is a very crowded trilogy... the main plots will be (IMO) Rey + Kylo + whoever surround them, and Finn + KMT + whoever surround them - but I get the feeling that the Resistance side of the story is more crowded than the other side.

But, well - I'm not really worried. LOTR was even more crowded, and that turned out pretty well, even when filmed. Smile
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30457
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:19 pm

@snufkin wrote:So movies mentioned are all from the Golden Age of Hollywood and/or Criterion Collection, which bodes well for our little community of nerds. I just remembered that I have seen Gunga Din years ago, because my uncle who was an actor did a touring company of play with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. My mom has a of my grandma backstage at one performance with Fairbanks and let me tell you, from that picture he was quite the Silver Fox. The movie itself is known in part for being the inspiration for Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom. Some very typical colonial and racist attitudes (hey it's based on a Kipling poem, so no surprise there), however the main plot of the movie seems pretty clear which storyline it will likely be an influence on:

Gunga Din tells Archibald of a great temple hidden in the mountains made of gold. Archibald, obsessed with finding the gold, steals off into the night with Gunga Din to find the treasure. When they arrive at the temple, they find the Thuggee waiting for them instead. So begins a great, harrowing adventure with spirited hokey lines and crazy action, much like Temple of Doom.

@snufkin

***possible Dark Side Cult vibes intensify***
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30457
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by panki on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:20 pm

@snufkin wrote:So movies mentioned are all from the Golden Age of Hollywood and/or Criterion Collection, which bodes well for our little community of nerds. I just remembered that I have seen Gunga Din years ago, because my uncle who was an actor did a touring company of play with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. My mom has a picture up in our house of my grandma backstage at one performance with Fairbanks and let me tell you, from that picture he was quite the Silver Fox. The movie itself is known in part for being the inspiration for Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom. Some very typical colonial and racist attitudes (hey it's based on a Kipling poem, so no surprise there), however the main plot of the movie seems pretty clear which storyline it will likely be an influence on:

Gunga Din tells Archibald of a great temple hidden in the mountains made of gold. Archibald, obsessed with finding the gold, steals off into the night with Gunga Din to find the treasure. When they arrive at the temple, they find the Thuggee waiting for them instead. So begins a great, harrowing adventure with spirited hokey lines and crazy action, much like Temple of Doom.

@snufkin

I always thought this movie's influence would be about some FO stormie (Gunga Din) wanting to serve the Queen (Leia) in the British Army (resistance)..... but I like this idea as well....now I am wondering whether Gunga Din (Kylo) tells Archibald (Rey) of the first jedi temple and they go there and encounter some hostile locals/cannibal flesh raiders (thugees) Very Happy


panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:23 pm

@snufkin wrote:So movies mentioned are all from the Golden Age of Hollywood and/or Criterion Collection, which bodes well for our little community of nerds. I just remembered that I have seen Gunga Din years ago, because my uncle who was an actor did a touring company of play with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. My mom has a of my grandma backstage at one performance with Fairbanks and let me tell you, from that picture he was quite the Silver Fox. The movie itself is known in part for being the inspiration for Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom. Some very typical colonial and racist attitudes (hey it's based on a Kipling poem, so no surprise there), however the main plot of the movie seems pretty clear which storyline it will likely be an influence on:

Gunga Din tells Archibald of a great temple hidden in the mountains made of gold. Archibald, obsessed with finding the gold, steals off into the night with Gunga Din to find the treasure. When they arrive at the temple, they find the Thuggee waiting for them instead. So begins a great, harrowing adventure with spirited hokey lines and crazy action, much like Temple of Doom.

@snufkin

That's excellent! Do you think that the movie fits more Resistance side of things or Ahch-to side? We should task ourselves with watching all movies from the list to get ideas. 

I'm wondering if 3 Outlaw Samurai is inspiration for Ahch-to like Letter Never Sent. It's about ronin challenging samurai code. Swap samurai with the Jedi and you get Rey, Kylo and Luke. Also ronin = rogue Jedi. I know quite a few of us are hoping for Rogue!Rey and Rogue!Kylo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10366
Likes : 50052
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by panki on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:25 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed that Poe is a "core character" now. Don't get me wrong - I love Oscar Isaac, and I love Poe as he is. But it's a big jump from a character who was originally supposed to die to a central character. He didn't seem at all a dynamic character in TFA: he began as an awesome dude, and finished as an awesome dude. He was the awesome dude supporting character, and great as such.

I'm in the minority here but I will be thrilled to see Poe as a core character..there are so many questions surrounding him-

1. What trauma/injury did he suffer that he received BB-8?
2. What are the circumstances surrounding his mother's death when he was 8?
3. What happened to his father that he had to be brought up by someone else? .....and most importantly,
4. What happened to that force tree in his backyard?

Frankly, he has more mystery surrounding him than even Finn does... while I am sure most of these questions will be answered in the upcoming novel on him, I'll be happy to see more of Poe.
@panki

Oh, I understand that - his background is definitely interesting. But is any of that going to be explored in the films? And is his future character development in this particular trilogy interesting enough to make him a central character?

(If "core character" means "central character", that is. I don't know if it actually does, in this case. Maybe it just means "important character"...)

I don't have a problem with seeing more of Poe - I just hope they don't cut Leia's screentime, for example, to accomplish it. This is a very crowded trilogy... the main plots will be (IMO) Rey + Kylo + whoever surround them, and Finn + KMT + whoever surround them - but I get the feeling that the Resistance side of the story is more crowded than the other side.

But, well - I'm not really worried. LOTR was even more crowded, and that turned out pretty well, even when filmed. Smile
@Darth Dingbat

I expect most of my list to be covered in the novel... but I expect the force tree mystery to appear in the movies...that is too important to be covered in a book....also, I feel Luke and Leia will gradually play less and less a part in the ST....I don't see them abruptly being removed but they will make way for the next generation's story.... you are definitely right in that Poe will not have the same amount of time that Finn, Rey and Kylo will get but I do see him becoming the leader of the resistance and eventually being the Bail Organa or Mon Mothma for the next trilogy.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:25 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed that Poe is a "core character" now. Don't get me wrong - I love Oscar Isaac, and I love Poe as he is. But it's a big jump from a character who was originally supposed to die to a central character. He didn't seem at all a dynamic character in TFA: he began as an awesome dude, and finished as an awesome dude. He was the awesome dude supporting character, and great as such.
@Darth Dingbat

Remember how DR, OI and JB were presented as the new trio for TFA? And we all know what happened then Wink.

Apart from that, there must be reason why he got a comic series and Rey, Finn and Kylo don't. I assume their story will be mainly told in the films, the EU can be used to tell stories about other "core, characters.
@EchoBase

I blame JJ and the marketing team for that: It was a consequence of "Kylo Ren big secret"
They were trying their best to hide who was he (i.e. Ben Solo).
@Darth_Awakened

Well, maybe they've got something to hide again Wink.
@EchoBase

Maybe it will sound a bit pretentious now but I am quite sure they have got something to hide actually.
And everything we heard so far (and seen during the filming in Ireland) leads IMO to some big plot twist in PLOT A (Anch-To).
Kylo Ren on Anch To is a surprise because many of us did not expect that before the first rumors and then the confirmation of it came.
I am like 100% sure that GA does even not dream about it.
For that revelation was THE moment when I became sure of many thing we have been speaking about from the day 1.
Kylo s and Rey s stories will be connected this way or another.

Along with that I am like 100% sure that Rey is not Sky-Rey and that Finn and KMT character will be romantically involved with each other.

Though I have some doubts still about Reylo direction (I wish a passionate kiss as pretty much everyone over here - however let s say I am keeping some reserves on that subject. We ll see.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:37 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:


Maybe it will sound a bit pretentious now but I am quite sure they have got something to hide actually.
And everything we heard so far (and seen during the filming in Ireland) leads IMO to some big plot twist in PLOT A (Anch-To).
Kylo Ren on Anch To is a surprise because many of us did not expect that before the first rumors and then the confirmation of it came.
I am like 100% sure that GA does even not dream about it.
For that revelation was THE moment when I became sure of many thing we have been speaking about from the day 1.
Kylo s and Rey s stories will be connected this way or another.

Along with that I am like 100% sure that Rey is not Sky-Rey and that Finn and KMT character will be romantically involved with each other.

Though I have some doubts still about Reylo direction (I wish a passionate kiss as pretty much everyone over here - however let s say I am keeping some reserves on that subject. We ll see.
@Darth_Awakened

What Rey and Kylo are in the grand scene of things is much bigger than romance. Any 2 characters can have a romance but they cannot have what Rey and Kylo are destined for. Kylo is coming to Ahch-to because that's "where the Jedi began". It isn't Dagobar 2.0 aka just some secluded training site. It's where Jedi began. Most important planet in the universe. The origin. The creation. That's why there have to be Rey and Kylo, not just one of them. All stories about the beginning have a young woman and a young man. And a big tree. 

So, yeah, Rey and Kylo are larger than romance, larger than life. People are going to be surprised how big their roles are in the grand scheme of things (which is all 9 movies not just this trilogy).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10366
Likes : 50052
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by snufkin on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:37 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
***possible Dark Side Cult vibes intensify***
@Darth Dingbat

That would be my guess, they don't just walk into the first Jedi temple like it's an IKEA or something.

@panki wrote:@snufkin

I always thought this movie's influence would be about some FO stormie (Gunga Din) wanting to serve the Queen (Leia) in the British Army (resistance)..... but I like this idea as well....now I am wondering whether Gunga Din (Kylo) tells Archibald (Rey) of the first jedi temple and they go there and encounter some hostile locals/cannibal flesh raiders (thugees)

That would be my guess! And instead of

@vaderito wrote:@snufkin

That's excellent! Do you think that the movie fits more Resistance side of things or Ahch-to side? We should task ourselves with watching all movies from the list to get ideas.

I'm wondering if 3 Outlaw Samurai is inspiration for Ahch-to like Letter Never Sent. It's about ronin challenging samurai code. Swap samurai with the Jedi and you get Rey, Kylo and Luke. Also ronin = rogue Jedi. I know quite a few of us are hoping for Rogue!Rey and Rogue!Kylo.

I'm down for another movie club going through the list Rian Johnson mentioned! My hope is that dangerous temple is the Ache-to storyline, especially seeing as how it's a movie used for Indiana Jones. We know that Ren has a "personal interest" for wanting to track down whereever Luke is, that likely has to do with that first temple. Who's there with Luke but his FS crush/antagonist? She's already been shown as highly skilled when it comes to scaling and excavating large ruins. Also from the summary, the Archibald character is described as reckless and seeking Fortune/Glory, that sounds like one particular character.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8202
Likes : 37832
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:44 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
***possible Dark Side Cult vibes intensify***
@Darth Dingbat

That would be my guess, they don't just walk into the first Jedi temple like it's an IKEA or something.

@panki wrote:@snufkin

I always thought this movie's influence would be about some FO stormie (Gunga Din) wanting to serve the Queen (Leia) in the British Army (resistance)..... but I like this idea as well....now I am wondering whether Gunga Din (Kylo) tells Archibald (Rey) of the first jedi temple and they go there and encounter some hostile locals/cannibal flesh raiders (thugees)

That would be my guess! And instead of

@vaderito wrote:@snufkin

That's excellent! Do you think that the movie fits more Resistance side of things or Ahch-to side? We should task ourselves with watching all movies from the list to get ideas.

I'm wondering if 3 Outlaw Samurai is inspiration for Ahch-to like Letter Never Sent. It's about ronin challenging samurai code. Swap samurai with the Jedi and you get Rey, Kylo and Luke. Also ronin = rogue Jedi. I know quite a few of us are hoping for Rogue!Rey and Rogue!Kylo.

I'm down for another movie club going through the list Rian Johnson mentioned! My hope is that dangerous temple is the Ache-to storyline, especially seeing as how it's a movie used for Indiana Jones. We know that Ren has a "personal interest" for wanting to track down whereever Luke is, that likely has to do with that first temple. Who's there with Luke but his FS crush/antagonist? She's already been shown as highly skilled when it comes to scaling and excavating large ruins. Also from the summary, the Archibald character is described as reckless and seeking Fortune/Glory, that sounds like one particular character.
@snufkin

Yes! We should totally have Movie Club/Viewing Party for these movies! What else to do to kill 18 months? 

Somebody, please, make a meme out of Boromir and one does not simply walk into the first Jedi temple like it's an IKEA or something.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 One-Does-Not-Simply
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10366
Likes : 50052
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by Guest on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:51 pm

Maybe Rey and Kylo are the keys needed to unlock the Jedi Temple door, so to speak! We don't know if Luke has been on that island for the whole of his exile, but you'd think he would take a look see, unless he can't get in for some reason.

ETA - It also has me thinking of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (as well as Temple of Doom) for the trials that have to be undertaken to get access to the Holy Grail.


Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by snufkin on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm

@Vaderito, isn't there the "IKEA test" for relationships? If a couple can make it through a shopping trip to IKEA with killing each other, that's signs of a strong relationship? Maybe the same is true for ancient Jedi temples.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8202
Likes : 37832
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 7

Post by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:53 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Vaderito, isn't there the "IKEA test" for relationships? If a couple can make it through a shopping trip to IKEA with killing each other, that's signs of a strong relationship? Maybe the same is true for ancient Jedi temples.
@snufkin

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Boromir meme must happen.

I also need

#whereisfinn #ontrann'sshirt meme  Laughing Laughing Laughing

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=349


Last edited by vaderito on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10366
Likes : 50052
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum