ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 4

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 4

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 26 Jul - 22:08

@Gemini wrote:BUT ITS ABUSIVE RIAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING ITS ABUSIVE!!!
@Gemini

IT'S INCEST!!!! 365111111!!!!!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 4

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 26 Jul - 22:37

@spacebaby45678 wrote:I don't know if it is some weird AD magic, but there is not cuter cartoon subject than baby/little Kylo
@spacebaby45678

Baby Kylo is adorable on every and each image or cartoon.

@gemini
it seems to me that big cute space bear is abusing both Kylo and Rey.
Pandas are EVIL. lol
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 22:41

Omg,this fanart is so adorable.Seriously I never stop being amazed at the great fan art the Reylo community produces.It makes me proud to be a Reylo fan for that reason alone.
Btw,I really wish Pablo wasn't fuelling the antis hate by retweeting comments about how Finn turned out alright eventhough he was also brainwashed by the FO.Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on him or anything ultimately he can do whatever he wants I'm just annoyed that the antis aways use Finn and Rey's childhoods to demonzie Kylo and the fact that at some point even Pablo's donethat at some poi t(mind you I don' t think he's doing it on prupose besides it's his personaly opinion)  gives them yet anpther reason to minimzie Snoke indoctrinating and brainwashing Kylo.Not that these tweets below(I think you might have already seen them since they're old ones) have anything to do with bashing Kylo but these are antis for you :

"ewokkey83 ‏@ewokkey833 6 de abr
@pablohidalgo Finn kidnapped as a child and raised to be nothing but a faceless soldier - grows up to be a kind, compassionate hero

Zoe Wowie ‏@mrs_moog 6 de abr
@ewokkey833 @pablohidalgo Does that mean the First Order do a good job of parenting? Finn seems like a pretty well-rounded kinda guy.

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@pablohidalgo 6 de abr
@mrs_moog @ewokkey833 good people can come from anywhere. Same with awful people."

Last edited by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 22:45; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 26 Jul - 22:43

@CienaRee wrote:Omg,this fanart is so adorable.Seriously I never stop being amazed at the great fan art the Reylo community produces.It makes me proud to be a Reylo fan for that reason alone.
Btw,I really wish Pablo wasn't fuelling the antis hate by retweeting comments about how Finn turned out alright eventhough he was also brainwashed by the FO.Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on him or anything ultimately he can do whatever he wants I'm just annoyed that the antis aways use Finn and Rey's childhoods to demonzie Kylo and the fact that at some point even Pablo's donethat at some poi t(mind you I don' t think he's doing it on prupose besides it's his personaly opinion)  gives them yet anpther reason to minimzie Snoke indoctrinating and brainwashing Kylo.Not that these tweets below(I think you might have already seen them since they're old ones) have anything to do with bashing Kylo but these are antis for you :

@pablohidalgo Finn kidnapped as a child and raised to be nothing but a faceless soldier - grows up to be a kind, compassionate hero

@ewokkey833 @pablohidalgo Does that mean the First Order do a good job of parenting? Finn seems like a pretty well-rounded kinda guy.

@mrs_moog @ewokkey833 good people can come from anywhere. Same with awful people."
@CienaRee

He's retweeting those? Ugh why. I want those to just go away, they caused so much annoying drama.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 22:48

@ZioRen wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:Omg,this fanart is so adorable.Seriously I never stop being amazed at the great fan art the Reylo community produces.It makes me proud to be a Reylo fan for that reason alone.

@CienaRee

He's retweeting those? Ugh why. I want those to just go away, they caused so much annoying drama.
@ZioRen

Apparently he did or at least some antis are claming so.Maybe fuelling their hate is the wrong word to use since I think he wants nothing to do with shipperswar  but these kind of tweets along with the Rey being raised by sand but didn't turn out a murderer it just annoying I don't mean to bash him or anything but that's how I feel sometimes.

Last edited by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 22:51; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 26 Jul - 22:50

@CienaRee wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@CienaRee

@ZioRen

Apparently he did or at least some antis are claming so.Maybe fuelling their hate is the wrong word to use since I think he wants nothing to do with shipperswar  but these kind of tweets along with the Rey being raised by sand but didn't turn out a murderer it just annoying I don't mean to bash him or anything but that's how I feel sometimes.
@CienaRee

Oh, I think I got confused. I thought you were saying that he was retweeting these old comments of his about Kylo like, now. If we're talking about back in the day, then yeah he did retweet stuff like that.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 26 Jul - 22:50

I actually don't have a problem with Pablo retweeting those. Star Wars has always emphasized that everyone can make the wrong or right choice, regardless of whether it's for the right or wrong reasons. Kylo can choose to make the right choices, but as of now, he isn't. Finn and Rey are characterized as compassionate and 'good' in a way that's critical for a morality tale, you need that strong compass at the center of the story. It doesn't mean they're perfect, or they won't face temptations or challenges, moments of doubt. And it doesn't mean that Kylo won't be redeemed, it means that he can make the choice to do that for himself.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 22:57

@BastilaBey wrote:I actually don't have a problem with Pablo retweeting those. Star Wars has always emphasized that everyone can make the wrong or right choice, regardless of whether it's for the right or wrong reasons. Kylo can choose to make the right choices, but as of now, he isn't. Finn and Rey are characterized as compassionate and 'good' in a way that's critical for a morality tale, you need that strong compass at the center of the story. It doesn't mean they're perfect, or they won't face temptations or challenges, moments of doubt. And it doesn't mean that Kylo won't be redeemed, it means that he can make the choice to do that for himself.
@BastilaBey

Yes,exactly.They're treting Finn and Rey's charctres like they'll remain the same for the rest of the trilogy and won't face any challenges or even make morally questionable choices.Pablo's right that good and bad can be found anywhere.Maybe it's more to do with how the antis go on and on about how Finn and Rey turned out to be great people and Kylo's a monster because he didn't choose to live with Han when he could have in contrast with Finn makes me really uncomfortable because it's been suggested both from the novelization and JJ that Kylo was prayed upon by Snoke which to me is child abuse.So untill proven otherwise Kylo is an abuse victim in my mind so seeing comments about how he could have resisted being brainwashed by Snoke like Finn did with the FO can be quite frustrating sometimes.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 26 Jul - 22:59

@ZioRen wrote:

@CienaRee

@ZioRen

Those are pretty old tweets. I don't think Pablo has recently retweeted any of them (?)

I think it's antis who keep rehashing those tweets constantly to try to reassure themsleves(?) that Pablo thinks Kylo is a "bad guy."  I don't know why...it's just a personal opinion, not a spoiler. Rolling Eyes

Besides hasn't Pablo also tweeted about Kylo being conflicted before too (the tweet about how what Kylo did to Han wasn't easy, etc)?

Last edited by Kessel89 on Tue 26 Jul - 23:03; edited 2 times in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Jul - 23:00

@Gemini wrote:BUT ITS ABUSIVE RIAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING ITS ABUSIVE!!!
@Gemini

There must be some hella confused fanboys seeing as how they've all been saying he's just going to get eeeeevilller. That adorable panda better look out that she doesn't get decapitated by that lil villain.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 26 Jul - 23:01

@cienaree If they're going on and on about Finn and Rey being great as if that makes Kylo past the possibility of redemption, they're sort of missing the entire point. Rey embodies the light calling to him, literally showing him a better path to take. And Finn is his foil, representing his conscience from the moment he decided to spare him at the Jakku massacre. It just kind of shows again that these people don't understand that there's a story to tell here, that the characters are all going to go on journeys and develop.

Last edited by BastilaBey on Tue 26 Jul - 23:01; edited 1 time in total
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 26 Jul - 23:01

@CienaRee wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:I actually don't have a problem with Pablo retweeting those. Star Wars has always emphasized that everyone can make the wrong or right choice, regardless of whether it's for the right or wrong reasons. Kylo can choose to make the right choices, but as of now, he isn't. Finn and Rey are characterized as compassionate and 'good' in a way that's critical for a morality tale, you need that strong compass at the center of the story. It doesn't mean they're perfect, or they won't face temptations or challenges, moments of doubt. And it doesn't mean that Kylo won't be redeemed, it means that he can make the choice to do that for himself.
@BastilaBey

Yeah,I mean he's right that good and bad can be found anywhere but maybe it's more to do with how the antis go on and on about how Finn and Rey turned out to be great people and Kylo's a monster because he didn't choose to live with Han when he could have in contrast with Finn makes me really uncomfortable because it's been suggested both from the novelization and JJ that Kylo was prayed upon by Snoke which to me is child abuse.So untill proven otherwise Kylo is an abuse victim in my mind so seeing comments about how he could have resisted being brainwashed by Snoke like Finn did with the FO can be quite frustrating sometimes.
@CienaRee

He basically bashed the most important character of this trilogy. Sometimes it's better to shut up. Kylo Ren is beautifully characterized, his conflict is realistic, Finn's isn't. He rebelled without showing some trauma after the indoctrination. Nothing.
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 23:04

Kessel89 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@CienaRee

@ZioRen

Those are pretty old tweets. I don't think Pablo has recently retweeted any of them (?)

I think it's antis who keep rehashing those tweets constantly to try to reassure themsleves(?) that Pablo thinks Kylo is a "bad guy."  I don't know why...it's just a personal opinion, not a spoiler. Rolling Eyes
@Kessel89

Yeah,I was really confused because I saw antis bringing those now so I thought they were new but I should have expected for them to reahs the same old stuff over and over.At this point all they're left with is using Finn and Rey as example of how horribale Kylo is because you know unlike them he was unable to resist Snoke's influence so he was deffinatly born evil. Rolling Eyes

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 26 Jul - 23:04

@BastilaBey

I agree 100℅ with this.  Pablo, or anyone at Lucasfilm for that matter, doesn't have antis on the brain or what they think when he makes any type of statement.  Antis compose of such a small portion of the fandom they really arent on anyone's radar.  This is a great thing!

And what Pablo said here isn't wrong - every one makes their own choice, right or wrong, and the same goes for both Finn and Kylo.  There's no arguing Kylo is making terrible decisions at the moment.  What will be fun to watch is how meeting Rey will turn his world upside down as she turns everything he thinks he knows on its ear.

Edit:. And yes @CienaRee those are pretty old tweets. If that's all they have, let 'em have it. That's all they're getting. Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 26 Jul - 23:08

On one side, those people have a point. Finn, Rey and Kylo all had sithy childhoods. Rey and Finn turned out to be good people, while Kylo is pretty messed up. So you know, on one side, yes, your past does explain your present behavior, but does it excuse? Nope. Nopity nope nope nope.

However, what makes me uneasy is that antis seem to say that you can be a good abuse victim (Finn/Rey), or a bad abuse victim (Kylo). So Finn and Rey got abused and still managed to be good people? Good for them. But seriously, don't be surprised if your kid receives the same treatment as Kylo did and they turn out even more poorly than he did.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 26 Jul - 23:15

@Irina de France wrote:On one side, those people have a point. Finn, Rey and Kylo all had sithy childhoods. Rey and Finn turned out to be good people, while Kylo is pretty messed up. So you know, on one side, yes, your past does explain your present behavior, but does it excuse? Nope. Nopity nope nope nope.

However, what makes me uneasy is that antis seem to say that you can be a good abuse victim (Finn/Rey), or a bad abuse victim (Kylo). So Finn and Rey got abused and still managed to be good people? Good for them. But seriously, don't be surprised if your kid receives the same treatment as Kylo did and they turn out even more poorly than he did.
@Irina de France

I worry about how fandom's going to implode if it turns out that Snoke didn't manipulate Kylo at all during his upbringing. Then abuse victim is out completely, and no doubt antis are going to latch onto that relentlessly.

But maybe I shouldn't waste time predicting possible future sh*tstorms. Laughing

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 26 Jul - 23:18; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Jul - 23:17

@Irina de France wrote:On one side, those people have a point. Finn, Rey and Kylo all had sithy childhoods. Rey and Finn turned out to be good people,  
@Irina de France

Good people shoot their brothers in arms while yelling Woo-hoo or whatever? Eh.

Who cares what Pablo retweets? It's his right. he likes sanitized characters like Rey and Finn and cartoonish villains like Jabba and Palp. he doesn't like "tortured anti-heroes" like Kylo. Again, it's his right.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 26 Jul - 23:21

@vaderito wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:On one side, those people have a point. Finn, Rey and Kylo all had sithy childhoods. Rey and Finn turned out to be good people,  
@Irina de France

@vaderito

I love Finn, but I always thought that whole thing was kind of a disservice to him and a waste of what could have been a very compelling piece of his character. I wish they'd have had him be conflicted about that and upset about it later, even if at the time he knew there was no choice but to deal with them.

As much as I like to think that every choice is well thought out, deliberate, and a set up for the future, I honestly don't think the writers expected people to think too hard about all of that. They blew up the bad guys and won the fight, so Finn is happy. The end.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they let his background affect him more. Because it's a great background with heavy character potential going forward, if they don't just go "welp he broke free and he's a good guy now and nothing about being brainwashed his entire life and knowing that the other Stormtroopers were too affects him at all now." I seriously hope. I know we're basically not allowed to say this anywhere without at least one person accusing us of racism, but a lot about Finn's writing was depressingly sloppy. I'm DYING for them to work with his character's great potential in the next movies. It's part of why I'm relieved that he seems to be getting separated from Rey and getting his own plot.

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 26 Jul - 23:26; edited 2 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Jul - 23:24

@Zioren I'm actually happy that many fans won't let that slide and think is horrible characterization. They better do something about it cause according to Life debt, children are continuously taken, brainwashed, selected, etc. Someone has to put a stop to that and have compassion for them. Finn didn't show any in TFA so maybe now that he feels safe he can look back and feel something other than Woo-hoo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 23:24

@vaderito wrote:
@Irina de France

Who cares what Pablo retweets? It's his right. he likes sanitized characters like Rey and Finn and cartoonish villains like Jabba and Palp. he doesn't like "tortured anti-heroes" like Kylo. Again, it's his right.
@vaderito

IMO, right?I'm not sure WTH the writers were thinking when they wrote this.I mean on one side you have Finn not able to kill other people becuse it's not right but he kills his follow Stormtroopers without hesitation eventhough we saw him checking out on one of the wounded ones earlier on Jakku(and the Before the Awakening novel makes a point of how Finntried to help other Stormtroopers out when they were training) and how  him dying  was what led him to realizing he didn't want to be a killer?I know it went thoguh a lot of people's heads or the ones who did see that would say he was doing that to protect himself but seriously... Laughing

Last edited by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 23:26; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 26 Jul - 23:26

Those Tweets never bothered me personally. We always have to remember that Pablo is only going to comment on who Kylo is in TFA. I don't think he was fueling anti sentiment. They do a great job on their own, and I can't even count the number of times he's fueled Reywalker mocking. It's just in his personality to say things like that, and no matter what, all future story developments have to be shoved aside as he responds to Tweets. He's answering from a strictly "TFA perspective". As of right now we have encountered three young people whose difficult lives resulted in different outcomes. Two of them are heroes, one, the last Skywalker, is a villain. That is the TFA perspective. Acknowledging that (or even making a mocking joke about it) is not the same as saying Kylo can't develop into something more. If you ask Pablo about redemption he'll say it's a personal choice, and we all know how true that is.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Jul - 23:27

@CienaRee Exactly. lack of compassion for people he grew up with, who were stolen and programmed like he was, trumps his compassion for villagers who were shooting at him and his buddies when they arrived. Not to mention that he seemed upset that his buddy was shot and than helps Poe without breaking a sweat even though it was Poe who shot him. he doesn't have to know who did it but it was definitely someone from the village or with the villagers. Mess.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 26 Jul - 23:39

@vaderito wrote:@Zioren I'm actually happy that many fans won't let that slide and think is horrible characterization. They better do something about it cause according to Life debt, children are continuously taken, brainwashed, selected, etc. Someone has to put a stop to that and have compassion for them. Finn didn't show any in TFA so maybe now that he feels safe he can look back and feel something other than Woo-hoo.
@vaderito
I would actually bet good money on the Stormtroopers being "freed" in this trilogy. Rebellion or what-have-you.

I remember when a FinnRey told me I was just trying to get rid of Finn when I suggested that I felt there would be a Trooper rebellion. I gave that anti dozens of narrative evidence suggesting that Rey and Finn would be on separate developmental trajectories in VIII, and they said I was just biased because of my "ship". Well, I don't "ship" for one thing, but regardless, it's been five months, and turns out Rey and Finn were indeed on separate developmental trajectories. Laughing

There was another anti who said they worked in marketing or something and implied that Disney would never not use their influential interracial "couple". I told them narrative structure/characterization were pointing in an entirely different direction, that I felt Finn's story would involve the First Order and possibly a love-interest of his own and that Rey and Finn probably wouldn't be seeing each other for a while (based on the distinction between Force plot/Resistance plot and Rey's parting words to him). The anti said marketing and "progressiveness" would win. I said writing would. Five months later it looks like writing is winning.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 26 Jul - 23:44

@vaderito wrote:@CienaRee Exactly. lack of compassion for people he grew up with, who were stolen and programmed like he was, trumps his compassion for villagers who were shooting at him and his buddies when they arrived. Not to mention that he seemed upset that his buddy was shot and than helps Poe without breaking a sweat even though it was Poe who shot him. he doesn't have to know who did it but it was definitely someone from the village or with the villagers. Mess.
@vaderito

I know,right?I  think Finn  is an example of how good and balck morality can someimes be very demagaing to a character.Becuase they want us to think of the FO as evil and the reistance as good it ultimately damages Finn's character when it could have been a very interesting development to see. It makes you think how he can feel nothing while shooting his fellow Stormtroopers he grew up with or not show some kind of trauma from the brainwashing he's gone over the years.I mean even the movie shows you how people like Finn who reist thier brainwashing program are send back to be reprogrammed again,it's awful.I would have liked if Finn had some kind of sunbconsuis resentment towards Poe,I mean he had to have thought it was a pissibilit that he killed his friend.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Jul - 23:46

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:  
I would actually bet good money on the Stormtroopers being "freed" in this trilogy. Rebellion or what-have-you.

they have to be because they are super sympathetic now that Life debt exposed creepy sith behind remnants of the Empire/seeds of First order.

I remember when a FinnRey told me I was just trying to get rid of Finn when I suggested that I felt there would be a Trooper rebellion. I gave that anti dozens of narrative evidence suggesting that Rey and Finn would be on separate developmental trajectories in VIII, and they said I was just biased because of my "ship". Well, I don't "ship" for one thing, but regardless, it's been five months, and turns out Rey and Finn were indeed on separate developmental trajectories. Laughing

it's them who are desperately trying to ruin their favorite character by campaigning to make him one of 1000+ interchangeable Jedi (remember that trilogy that had so many Jedi in it? Apparently, people hated it) so that Finnrey could happen (not that being Rey's Jedi sidekick guarantees romance). Good for movie goers that they aren't writing the movie.

There was another anti who said they worked in marketing or something and implied that Disney would never not use their influential interracial "couple".

FinnTran.

I told them narrative structure/characterization were pointing in an entirely different direction, that I felt Finn's story would involve the First Order and possibly a love-interest of his own and that Rey and Finn probably wouldn't be seeing each other for a while (based on the distinction between Force plot/Resistance plot and Rey's parting words to him). The anti said marketing and "progressiveness" would win.

FinnTran. next.

I said writing would. Five months later it looks like writing is winning.
@FrolickingFizzgig

And Finntran.  Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum