ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by vaderito on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

@reylo1992 I can see why they deleted that scene cause, as you say, is damn odd. You just don't know where Rey is (in the room with Finn, in another room) and who she is thinking of. I think that they wanted something but didn't quite come off as intended so they scrapped it. That Finn will be fine is implied by her leaving to meet Luke and "we'll see each other again, I believe that. Thank you, my friend" and that she's concerned about Kylo is shown when she looks back before Falcon takes off.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Irina de France on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 1:57 pm

So. I don't know where to post this, but I thought this might be interesting and might cheer some of you up. Wink

I talked with my cousins yesterday (they’re both male and 23-24), and they’re long-time SW fans. They’ve seen the PT and the OT a thousand times, they’ve read some of the books (Thrawn trilogy and all that), they’ve played some of the video games, especially KOTOR, and that way before TFA came out.

So we came to talk about TFA, and everything, and just to see what they would answer, I asked them as innocently as I could: “So… what do you think is going to happen in VIII and IX?”

They just looked at each other for a split second and their answer was: “Rey and Kylo Ren are going to end up together, d’huh.”

So not gonna lie, I managed to keep a straight face (and keeping a straight face when I’m happy is REALLY hard for me), and I asked them: “Yeah, but you know Rey might be Luke’s daughter, right?”

Their response: “Uh, that would be the lamest plot twist ever.”

So I didn’t get to talk about it more with the 24-year-old one since he left, but I got to talk about the topic A LOT MORE with my other cousin. And seriously, when you see the two of us talking about stuff, you can tell we’re related, because we basically spend hours agreeing with each other.

Him having played KOTOR for years, he saw the similarities between Rey/Bastila and Kylo/Revan, and he thinks they have a bond of some sort. He thought Kylo wasn’t behaving in a very cousin-y way around Rey, he noticed there was BST/UST between the two of them, he thought their relationship was the opposite of Anakin/Padmé, and he knows LF/Disney is going to want to make more films, so of course they won’t kill off the last Skywalker (Kylo)… He picked up on all of it. And he also thought that Finn and Rey’s relationship had more of a sibling feeling to it more than anything else. I gave him other points that could point to a Reylo-friendly story (Yin and Yang, BatB, all that jazz), and he thinks they’re all valid comparisons/imagery.

When I asked him his opinion on the interrogation scene and how people started yelling the r-word at it, his reaction was pretty much: “Heh, I don’t think Disney would have let them run with a r-word metaphor aimed at the heroine.” (WHICH IS WHAT I’VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL CERTAIN PEOPLE FOR MONTHS)

But continuing on that line, he thinks Kylo being redeemed is definitely a safe bet. He killed his father, which is definitely his lower point. Like, he *could* go lower, but it wouldn’t really be kid-friendly material anymore. From there, he can only go up.

So yeah, in a few hours, he managed to show me he had figured out on his own what we’ve been debating about for months.

Same for my sister. She’s a mild Reylo fan. There’s a boy in her class (they’re all 14-15) who’s a huge SW fan and thinks Reylo is going to happen. Well, he isn’t big on the romance, but he does think Reylo will be a thing. When my sister asked him why he thought it would, he just shrugged and said: “Well, it just makes sense with the rest of the movies.”

So basically…

#notallfanboys

Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:17 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:Finn will be fine (Deleted scene) : Have you noticed (Kylo Ren's?) hearbeat sounds in this scene ?

I have watched carefully the deleted scenes of the movie The force awakens to find out some Reylo's Easter Eggs. Deleted scenes are not included in a movie not only because there are not that important but sometimes because they can provide us with key clues too. Here comes what I have noticed while watching the deleted scene « Finn will be fine » (I apologize in advance for linguistic errors, I am no native English-speaker Very Happy ) :

As we all know, Finn got really bad injured during the snow fight. By analyzing this deleted scene, I first noticed that some things seemed somehow «out of place». If you have a look on the transition of the first shot to the second shot (0:13), it really LOOKS LIKE Rey is staring at Finn while he is treated for his injuries. So you really get the impression that Rey is in front of him and is observing what's going on there. She seems very concerned and really deep in thought…

And then Dr. Kalonia shows up to deliver the diagnosis to Rey. BUT notice that she comes not from the FRONT but from BEHIND Rey. It seems logical to me that Dr. Kalonia has just checked on Finn by herself before she came to Rey to deliver the good new. So why does she come from behind and not from the front if Rey is supposed to observe what's happening?  Neutral  So what does it tell us? It tells us that Rey is certainly not staring at Finn being treated for his injuries, which means that Finn is probably in another room that is located somewhere behind Rey and on the left.

Let's have a look at the first gif.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692110

Providing that Rey is not staring at Finn at that moment (0:14), WHY does she looks so deep in thought (she stares in front of her as if she is completely in another world!), anxious and somehow scared at a very specific moment? Question  Notice that her eyes suddenly widden, she somehow gasps and her face expression become very anxious (0:15).

I think I find out why while focusing on the sounds recorded during the scene. Right after the second shot begins, a FIRST SOUND - that is not easy to notice – (0:14) can be heard. This is the sound of an electrocardiogram and nothing more is to be heard at that point. Then Rey's face breaks in anguish: she looks somehow scared and it seems that she feels that something is going really wrong (0:15) Then Dr. Kalonia interrupts her thoughts to bring her the good news about Finn. And at that precise moment,  the same sound  can be heard  for the SECOND time (0:16) while Rey is listening to Dr. Kalonia.

Now let's have look at the second gif:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692111

Even if Rey is distracted by Dr. Kalonia, she still looks very deep in thought and doesn't seem to react to the good new immediately as if her thoughts were somewhere else. And then you hear the sound of the electrocardiogram for the THIRD time followed by a SOFT HEARTBEAT SOUND (0:18).. Shocked And suddenly, Rey looks somehow puzzled and relieved at the same time (0:21): she not only seems to react to the good news about Finn but also (supposedly even more) to the heartbeat sound itself!!! And then the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard for a FOURTH time followed by a more distinctive hearbeat sound (0:22)!!!

And now let's have a look at the last gif:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692010

Just after Dr. Kalonia leaves her, Rey immediately looks ahead and her face expression seems suddenly so RELIEVED and she even smiles at the very end of the scene (0:27). And during this moment, the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard twice (0:23 and 0:25) accompanied by more and more distinctive heartbeat sounds Smile .

SO WHAT COULD IT MEAN ?

The first impression would be to think that the electrocardiagram is recording Finn's hearbeat. BUT THIS JUST MAKES NO SENSE. Dr Kalonia not only comes from behind Rey (and probably from another room) but she also confirms her that everything is ok with Finn. This implies that Dr. Kalonia checked on Finn and was sure that he was fine before the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard in the scene.  The fact is that NO hearbeat sound is to be heard during the two first times that we hear the sound of the electrocardiogram (including when Dr. Kalonia is speaking to Rey). Rey looks really scared because she feels that something is terribly wrong: no hearbeat sound is to be heard at that point. So this lead me to think that she hears the sound of the electrocardiogram in her own head and can feel KYLO REN's struggle for life (Force bond theory). He is very badly injured and probably lost a lot of blood to a point that his life is gravely endangered. Rey's face expression leads me to think that she felt that he was losing his life as his hearbeat stopped, and then felt that he came back to life as she finally heard his heartbeat again. And her facial expression is so beautiful at the end of the video : She looks so compassionate, relieved and thankful to know that he will finally survive and will be fine too. Providing that the analysis of the scene is right, it looks like she can't help but caring for the man that she wants so badly to see as a monster. It means that she has already begun to fall in love with him and somehow secretly accepted her feelings toward him. Surprised
@reylo1992

Welcome to the forum! What an amazing first post!

A lot of us love that deleted scene for all of the reasons that you described, but you really broke it down very nicely in a way that I haven't seen done before.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:34 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:Finn will be fine (Deleted scene) : Have you noticed (Kylo Ren's?) hearbeat sounds in this scene ?

I have watched carefully the deleted scenes of the movie The force awakens to find out some Reylo's Easter Eggs. Deleted scenes are not included in a movie not only because there are not that important but sometimes because they can provide us with key clues too. Here comes what I have noticed while watching the deleted scene « Finn will be fine » (I apologize in advance for linguistic errors, I am no native English-speaker Very Happy ) :

As we all know, Finn got really bad injured during the snow fight. By analyzing this deleted scene, I first noticed that some things seemed somehow «out of place». If you have a look on the transition of the first shot to the second shot (0:13), it really LOOKS LIKE Rey is staring at Finn while he is treated for his injuries. So you really get the impression that Rey is in front of him and is observing what's going on there. She seems very concerned and really deep in thought…

And then Dr. Kalonia shows up to deliver the diagnosis to Rey. BUT notice that she comes not from the FRONT but from BEHIND Rey. It seems logical to me that Dr. Kalonia has just checked on Finn by herself before she came to Rey to deliver the good new. So why does she come from behind and not from the front if Rey is supposed to observe what's happening?  Neutral  So what does it tell us? It tells us that Rey is certainly not staring at Finn being treated for his injuries, which means that Finn is probably in another room that is located somewhere behind Rey and on the left.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692110

Providing that Rey is not staring at Finn at that moment (0:14), WHY does she looks so deep in thought (she stares in front of her as if she is completely in another world!), anxious and somehow scared at a very specific moment? Question  Notice that her eyes suddenly widden, she somehow gasps and her face expression become very anxious (0:15).

I think I find out why while focusing on the sounds recorded during the scene. Right after the second shot begins, a FIRST SOUND - that is not easy to notice – (0:14) can be heard. This is the sound of an electrocardiogram and nothing more is to be heard at that point. Then Rey's face breaks in anguish: she looks somehow scared and it seems that she feels that something is going really wrong (0:15) Then Dr. Kalonia interrupts her thoughts to bring her the good news about Finn. And at that precise moment,  the same sound  can be heard  for the SECOND time (0:16) while Rey is listening to Dr. Kalonia.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692111

Even if Rey is distracted by Dr. Kalonia, she still looks very deep in thought and doesn't seem to react to the good new immediately as if her thoughts were somewhere else. And then you hear the sound of the electrocardiogram for the THIRD time followed by a SOFT HEARTBEAT SOUND (0:18).. Shocked And suddenly, Rey looks somehow puzzled and relieved at the same time (0:21): she not only seems to react to the good news about Finn but also (supposedly even more) to the heartbeat sound itself!!! And then the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard for a FOURTH time followed by a more distinctive hearbeat sound (0:22)!!!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692010

Just after Dr. Kalonia leaves her, Rey immediately looks ahead and her face expression seems suddenly so RELIEVED and she even smiles at the very end of the scene (0:27). And during this moment, the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard twice (0:23 and 0:25) accompanied by more and more distinctive heartbeat sounds Smile .

SO WHAT COULD IT MEAN ?

The first impression would be to think that the electrocardiagram is recording Finn's hearbeat. BUT THIS JUST MAKES NO SENSE. Dr Kalonia not only comes from behind Rey (and probably from another room) but she also confirms her that everything is ok with Finn. This implies that Dr. Kalonia checked on Finn and was sure that he was fine before the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard in the scene.  The fact is that NO hearbeat sound is to be heard during the two first times that we hear the sound of the electrocardiogram (including when Dr. Kalonia is speaking to Rey). Rey looks really scared because she feels that something is terribly wrong: no hearbeat sound is to be heard at that point. So this lead me to think that she hears the sound of the electrocardiogram in her own head and can feel KYLO REN's struggle for life (Force bond theory). He is very badly injured and probably lost a lot of blood to a point that his life is gravely endangered. Rey's face expression leads me to think that she felt that he was losing his life as his hearbeat stopped, and then felt that he came back to life as she finally heard his heartbeat again. And her facial expression is so beautiful at the end of the video : She looks so compassionate, relieved and thankful to know that he will finally survive and will be fine too. Providing that the analysis of the scene is right, it looks like she can't help but caring for the man that she wants so badly to see as a monster. It means that she has already begun to fall in love with him and somehow secretly accepted her feelings toward him. Surprised
@reylo1992

Welcome to the forum! What an amazing first post!

A lot of us love that deleted scene for all of the reasons that you described, but you really broke it down very nicely in a way that I haven't seen done before.
@ISeeAnIsland

OMG! No kidding! Brilliant first post!!! We all knew something was up there, but I don't think anyone has pulled it together like you! I can't wait to hear more of your insights @reylo1992
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm

SO WHAT COULD IT MEAN ?

@reylo1992

Hello new person, and WHOA! Good job!! (Going to listen to it with headphones now).
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 3:54 pm

@IoJovi wrote:@reylo1992 I absolutely love that deleted scene for the reasons you just posted, but I have never seen it broken down quite like that.  I watched that scene probably a dozen times after I got my digital copy, and it was clear to me she's not staring at Finn, but rather off into space at a vision or thought no one else could see or hear.  

I never knew about the heartbeat, but if we're right, it would make complete sense. You know about the heartbeat sounds in the interrogation?  They start out as two separate heartbeats, then join into one at the end.

Force bond for the win!  cheers

Welcome to the boards, btw.  I see this is your first post.  I am looking forward to all the other hidden gems you have to bring to the table!!!  

@IoJovi

Thank you for your welcoming words Smile  

Yes, I know about the hearbeats in sync in both the interrogation scene and the snow fight too. I think that the main difference between the two scenes is  that they  seem to remain adversaries during that first mind duel in the interrogation scene (so that the force bond was "awakened" accidentally) while they look more like partners during that brief moment on the cliff. It really seems to me that he pushes into her direction with his mind and she lets it in so that they finally "find the force together" (according to Daisy Ridley). So I suppose that the force bond was somehow reinforced by this moment despite the bitter end of their duel and that a part of Kylo Ren remained by Rey's side (and reverse) after they were parted so that they can probably feel each other's emotions.

Regarding the deleted scene, I don't know to what extent my interpretation is right but I definitely think that the meaning of these hearbeats could make sense for several reasons. First, Finn and Kylo Ren seem to be the two people Rey will care the most about in the future: she clearly does for Finn as a friend (I forgot to talk about it in my first post) and she already does for Kylo Ren in another way without aknowledging it. Second, both are gravely injured at that point so that a parallel can be made between them: we can assume that Kylo Ren is treated for his injuries at the same time as Finn is. And I can imagine that his body really hurt and that his emotions are a mess after all what happened so that his feelings could possibly reach to Rey. Third, Rey gets the good news about Finn from the doctor but has no other way to find out about Kylo Ren's state than through the Force. So I suppose that the very idea behind that scene could have been to give Rey the possiblity to know about the fate of these two persons she cares about in different ways, one obvious and the other discreet. On the hand, she is textually told by the doctor that Finn (whom with she seems to have no force bond) will be fine. On the other hand, she could be unnoticed told how Kylo Ren is doing through the force bond they seem to share. And so she could be sure that both of them are fine before leaving the base to fly to Ahch-To.

That's how I see it but this is of course only an interpretation among others Smile
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 5:26 pm

@Irina de France wrote:So. I don't know where to post this, but I thought this might be interesting and might cheer some of you up. Wink

I talked with my cousins yesterday (they’re both male and 23-24), and they’re long-time SW fans. They’ve seen the PT and the OT a thousand times, they’ve read some of the books (Thrawn trilogy and all that), they’ve played some of the video games, especially KOTOR, and that way before TFA came out.

So we came to talk about TFA, and everything, and just to see what they would answer, I asked them as innocently as I could: “So… what do you think is going to happen in VIII and IX?”

They just looked at each other for a split second and their answer was: “Rey and Kylo Ren are going to end up together, d’huh.”

So not gonna lie, I managed to keep a straight face (and keeping a straight face when I’m happy is REALLY hard for me), and I asked them: “Yeah, but you know Rey might be Luke’s daughter, right?”

Their response: “Uh, that would be the lamest plot twist ever.”

So I didn’t get to talk about it more with the 24-year-old one since he left, but I got to talk about the topic A LOT MORE with my other cousin. And seriously, when you see the two of us talking about stuff, you can tell we’re related, because we basically spend hours agreeing with each other.

Him having played KOTOR for years, he saw the similarities between Rey/Bastila and Kylo/Revan, and he thinks they have a bond of some sort. He thought Kylo wasn’t behaving in a very cousin-y way around Rey, he noticed there was BST/UST between the two of them, he thought their relationship was the opposite of Anakin/Padmé, and he knows LF/Disney is going to want to make more films, so of course they won’t kill off the last Skywalker (Kylo)… He picked up on all of it. And he also thought that Finn and Rey’s relationship had more of a sibling feeling to it more than anything else. I gave him other points that could point to a Reylo-friendly story (Yin and Yang, BatB, all that jazz), and he thinks they’re all valid comparisons/imagery.

When I asked him his opinion on the interrogation scene and how people started yelling the r-word at it, his reaction was pretty much: “Heh, I don’t think Disney would have let them run with a r-word metaphor aimed at the heroine.” (WHICH IS WHAT I’VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL CERTAIN PEOPLE FOR MONTHS)

But continuing on that line, he thinks Kylo being redeemed is definitely a safe bet. He killed his father, which is definitely his lower point. Like, he *could* go lower, but it wouldn’t really be kid-friendly material anymore. From there, he can only go up.

So yeah, in a few hours, he managed to show me he had figured out on his own what we’ve been debating about for months.

Same for my sister. She’s a mild Reylo fan. There’s a boy in her class (they’re all 14-15) who’s a huge SW fan and thinks Reylo is going to happen. Well, he isn’t big on the romance, but he does think Reylo will be a thing. When my sister asked him why he thought it would, he just shrugged and said: “Well, it just makes sense with the rest of the movies.”

So basically…

#notallfanboys

@Irina de France

I am not surprise at all that the fanboys of younger generations are more open to various idea and let say more flexible and open.
And as well there is also an objective thing that SW was something else in the era when it came out.
Today there are much more choice, much more heroes, much more everything.
My generation fanboys are completely different kind of thing. The SW characters of OT were their roles model - every kid wanted to be like Han: cool, hotshot, shooting first and gets the girl (some sort of confirmation of own sexual self)
TFA killed their Han - and at some subconscious level - TFA killed them and their male affirmation.
So, what they want now: another Skywalker to take a revenge against Kylo (a man who killed Han - they are even unable to accept that Kylo is Han s own son, and Skywalker at the same time).
I do not blame them (as long as they are not aggressive toward other opinions), I am even sure they are going to accept the facts in the end, at least majority of them.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Speksy on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm

@reylo1992
Great first post!
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Na2mhNx
Speksy
Speksy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:01 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:@reylo1992 I absolutely love that deleted scene for the reasons you just posted, but I have never seen it broken down quite like that.  I watched that scene probably a dozen times after I got my digital copy, and it was clear to me she's not staring at Finn, but rather off into space at a vision or thought no one else could see or hear.  

I never knew about the heartbeat, but if we're right, it would make complete sense. You know about the heartbeat sounds in the interrogation?  They start out as two separate heartbeats, then join into one at the end.

Force bond for the win!  cheers

Welcome to the boards, btw.  I see this is your first post.  I am looking forward to all the other hidden gems you have to bring to the table!!!  

@IoJovi

Thank you for your welcoming words Smile  

Yes, I know about the hearbeats in sync in both the interrogation scene and the snow fight too. I think that the main difference between the two scenes is  that they  seem to remain adversaries during that first mind duel in the interrogation scene (so that the force bond was "awakened" accidentally) while they look more like partners during that brief moment on the cliff. It really seems to me that he pushes into her direction with his mind and she lets it in so that they finally "find the force together" (according to Daisy Ridley). So I suppose that the force bond was somehow reinforced by this moment despite the bitter end of their duel and that a part of Kylo Ren remained by Rey's side (and reverse) after they were parted so that they can probably feel each other's emotions.

Regarding the deleted scene, I don't know to what extent my interpretation is right but I definitely think that the meaning of these hearbeats could make sense for several reasons. First, Finn and Kylo Ren seem to be the two people Rey will care the most about in the future: she clearly does for Finn as a friend (I forgot to talk about it in my first post) and she already does for Kylo Ren in another way without aknowledging it. Second, both are gravely injured at that point so that a parallel can be made between them: we can assume that Kylo Ren is treated for his injuries at the same time as Finn is. And I can imagine that his body really hurt and that his emotions are a mess after all what happened so that his feelings could possibly reach to Rey. Third, Rey gets the good news about Finn from the doctor but has no other way to find out about Kylo Ren's state than through the Force. So I suppose that the very idea behind that scene could have been to give Rey the possiblity to know about the fate of these two persons she cares about in different ways, one obvious and the other discreet. On the hand, she is textually told by the doctor that Finn (whom with she seems to have no force bond) will be fine. On the other hand, she could be unnoticed told how Kylo Ren is doing through the force bond they seem to share. And so she could be sure that both of them are fine before leaving the base to fly to Ahch-To.

That's how I see it but this is of course only an interpretation among others Smile
@reylo1992

Nothing was accidental in that movie. I reread your post and actually got a bit misty eyed (kylo's my boy!). I can't wait to listen/watch with headphones tonight and show my husband!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:31 pm

@reylo1992 -Wow great post! And welcome to the club! Wink

I listened to that deleted scene probably six times trying to make sense of it. I did hear the heartbeat, and I absolutely hate to be devil's advocate or Johnny Rain Cloud here...but I think because they're in a medical bey sort of area, that the heartbeat is actually Finn's heart monitor beating we hear.
So that would be some kind of subliminal programming designed to make us feel concern for Finn.

I tasted a little bit of vinegar writing that, but I think that's probably what that is. Euh
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:47 pm

@reylo1992 Sorry for not welcoming you earlier! Let's just say I had my post about the cousins, so I didn't see your awesome post right away Wink

I think the scene is meant to be let purposefully ambiguous, but honestly, I think it's very possible Rey might be worried for both, albeit not in the same way. But it's fun to speculate Wink
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 10:19 pm

Brilliant post @Reylo1992 glad to have you aboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 2:28 am

Yeah, I just listened/watched it with headphones and I could clearly hear a heartbeat, but not an EEG.  I do wonder what on earth Rey was staring at, though.  It looks like Finn is behind her and to the left (her right).

(five minutes later)  I listened to it four more times, and I hear the EEG.  Here's my impression:  it looks like Finn is in a medbay off to Rey's right, and it looks like Rey is in the main room of the Resistance hideout where the computers are.  So she isn't (apparently) in the room with Finn.  We only hear the noises of the doctors working on Finn when the camera is in the medbay with finn.  When the camera is on Rey, I heard very faintly an EEG and a heartbeat.  If Rey is not in the medbay, I don't think she would hear the EEG but *not* hear the other assorted medical noises (there's noise around Rey too, and I'm not sure if it's medical noise or regular Resistance work noise), and I don't think she would hear Finn's heartbeat, as she is not force-bonded to him.  Rey appears to be almost in shock when Dr. Kalonia approaches her, and when Kalonia tells her Finn will be ok, Rey looks like she's being pulled back from a million miles away. And then when Kalonia walks off, Rey turns back and resumes gazing at...what?  

EEG and heartbeat are subtle, but they are there (I'm listening with Bose headphones).  I think it is very possible there's more going on than concern for Finn.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 3:56 am

Nice post @Reylo1992! Welcome! 

The medical noises make sense for her to hear, if the room where Finn is is just off to the side. It's the heartbeat that seems to indicate she's concerned for Kylo, because we've heard that noise before during the interrogation. And that's also a scene that has to be played at full volume/with headphones to really pick up on the heartbeat. Makes sense with what we've seen of Rey in the film too. After their duel, they look across the ravine at each other. As she boards the Falcon, she looks back in concern. She puts up a tough front and she can call him a monster all day long, but she's the type of character who would feel compassion anyway.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 4:11 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:Nice post @Reylo1992! Welcome! 

The medical noises make sense for her to hear, if the room where Finn is is just off to the side. It's the heartbeat that seems to indicate she's concerned for Kylo, because we've heard that noise before during the interrogation. And that's also a scene that has to be played at full volume/with headphones to really pick up on the heartbeat. Makes sense with what we've seen of Rey in the film too. After their duel, they look across the ravine at each other. As she boards the Falcon, she looks back in concern. She puts up a tough front and she can call him a monster all day long, but she's the type of character who would feel compassion anyway.
@MeadowofAshes

And we know she saw more in Kylo's mind than afraid/vader; we just don't know what. Perhaps she saw Kylo's pain. My husband suggested that since the force bond is so new, she may not understand what she is experiencing.

Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 4:24 am

@Slade wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:Nice post @Reylo1992! Welcome! 

@MeadowofAshes

And we know she saw more in Kylo's mind than afraid/vader; we just don't know what. Perhaps she saw Kylo's pain. My husband suggested that since the force bond is so new, she may not understand what she is experiencing.

@Slade Oh I think she did for sure. Her reaction to Kylo and Han on the catwalk was not what I'd expect of someone who only thought another person a monster. She looked to me like she expected a different outcome. Finn looked terrified. Rey looked anxious and expectant.

I agree with your husband. I don't think Rey knows what's going on. Ren though. I think he knows what's going on and could use it to track her to Ahch-To.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 5:24 am

And y'all look at that last gif up there. Look at Rey's eyes. She turned her head to look at Kalonia, then her eyes looked back at whatever she had been staring at, and then she turned her head to face forward. Something, maybe not anything physically present, but something was *riveting* her attention, and it wasn't Finn.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 6:52 am

@Krafty wrote:@reylo1992 -Wow great post! And welcome to the club! Wink

I listened to that deleted scene probably six times trying to make sense of it. I did hear the heartbeat, and I absolutely hate to be devil's advocate or Johnny Rain Cloud here...but I think because they're in a medical bey sort of area, that the heartbeat is actually Finn's heart monitor beating we hear.
So that would be some kind of subliminal programming designed to make us feel concern for Finn.

I tasted a little bit of vinegar writing that, but I think that's probably what that is. Euh
@Krafty  

Thank you for your welcoming words and your comments Smile I hadn't thought that this could possibly be a subliminal programming to make us feel her concern for Finn but why not Wink  This is a good idea because the sound that we hear in the deleted scene is the same that the sound that we hear in the following shot:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen12

So this mean that Finn is supposed to be in that room at that precise moment (see on the right) where the hearbeat sound is to be heard:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen14

We don't know where Rey is exactly but probably in the main room. We only know that she stands next to a pillar (see the vegetation on the right) with a screen behind:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen11

And just before R2 shows the map, she sits next to a pillar with a screen behind. Notice that she stills has her scavenger clothes in this shot and that this is still the case in the deleted scene (while she wears other clothes when she stands by Finn's side to kiss him goodbye):ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen12

So it is not easy to know what is her location in relation to Finn's but I would rather say that she is not staring at him at that moment but it does not mean that the idea of the subliminal programme doesn't work.

However, the more I see the scene, the more I find Rey's reaction to Dr Kalonia's news weird. Again I have no doubt that Rey deeply cares for Finn but somehow it really looks like she's somewhere else in thought. First, her face expression before the doctor is coming looks quite similar to Leia's in Episode V (when Luke is reaching out to her through their force bond). Both seem so deeply in thought and clearly stare into emptiness. And then both react physically to something: Leia blinks softly when Lukes is reaching out to her and Rey's face expression obviously changes without any explanation just before the doctor shows up to give the good news.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692610
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 14692611

But the most intriguing thing to me is her reaction to the news. Let's have a close look at this in slow motion:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 114
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 311
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 214

First gif (0:15 s - 0:18 s): Dr. Kalonia shows up to give Rey the good news about Finn. At that moment, Rey stills stares in emptiness as if she was deep in thoughts. Then you see her turning her head to look at the doctor. While looking closely at Rey's eyes, I really got the impression it takes a little while before realize she what the doctor is talking about. She simply stares at her puzzled without any reaction during at least 3-4 seconds (0:15 until 0:18). I may be wrong but it really looks like she remains deep in thought although she was interrupted.

Second gif (0:18 s - 0:21 s): Rey turns slightly her head on the left. She does not even look at Dr. Kalonia any more (while the doctor is still staring at her, problably expecting for a reaction from her) and seem to focus on something (0:18). At that precise moment, the sound of the electrocardiogram is to be heard and it seems to me that Rey's attention focus on this sound. And suddently, Rey blinks twice, her eyes widden and her mouth opens a little more as if she was realizing that's something going on (0:19). And at that very precise moment, we can hear for the first time a very soft heartbeat. And she really blinks for the first time while the heartbeat is to be heard as if she was reacting to that. And then, we can see that she finally manage to smile nervously and let escape a little gasp of relief (0:19-0:21). Meanwhile, the doctor was still looking at her waiting for her reaction.

Third gif (0:21 s - 0:24) : Rey turns her head again on the right, manage to smile to Dr. Kalonia very softly and they exchange a very brief glance (barely 1 s). I don't really know how to describe Rey's smile at 0:21 s. It seems that she takes note of the news and expresses sort of gratitude but there is something else that leaves me perplex. I don't know if I am right but I feel a sort of embarrassement between them during that very brief interaction. They both smile politely but it seems to me that Rey doesn't feel very at ease and that the doctor quickly leaves her alone as if she was sensing her unease.  And immediatly after, Rey looks away again, her smile disappear and her face expression looks focused when she sinks deep in thought again, probably to listen to the heartbeat sounds.

I may interpret completely wrong but I really got the impression that the interraction between both characters was somehow weird. In fact, they don't seem to interract or to put it in another way it doesn't seem that Rey really interact with the doctor. She looks completely focused on something else from the beginning, look at her puzzled for a few seconds as if she was saying "what are you talking about? What friend?", then seem to react rather to the heartbeat sound than the news itself and finally make understand that she takes note of the news before sinking again deep in thought at the end.

And meanwhile, a heartbeat sound is to be heard more and more distinctively during the scene. Of course, this is very possible that the hearbeat sound comes from Finn (it really looks like) but I truly feel that there's something else going on there. It is at least quite ambiguous. And let's not forget that as a conclusion Wink

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Yza_oe31

Perhaps that she heard Kylo Ren's heartbeat for the first time while leaving the SB and that may be the reason why she glanced back?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 7:22 am

@reylo1992 What version of the movie did you get the screenshot with the heartbeat annotated while Rey looks back toward Ren from? I have the US digital copy without special features and "Heartbeat" doesn't come up when she looks back.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 8:22 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:@reylo1992 What version of the movie did you get the screenshot with the heartbeat annotated while Rey looks back toward Ren from? I have the US digital copy without special features and "Heartbeat" doesn't come up when she looks back.
@MeadowofAshes

I unfortunately cannot tell you which one it is. I have found the picture somewhere else on the web. But I checked by myself on my own version without special features. It's really hard to notice if you don't concentrate on it but if you listen carefully, you can hear a sort of "pom-pom" like a heartbeat at 1:59:12/1:59:13 and immediately after that she glances back.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 8:55 am

The sound of a heartbeat can also be heard when Rey uses the force during the interrogation scene.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 8:59 am

I think it's worth noting that Rey's signature Force sound is in fact a heartbeat, while Kylo's is that of a purring cat. In my opinion, she is reaching out with the Force in those moments that we hear a soft heartbeat rhythm. She's standing in the medical bay with Finn but might also be simultaneously checking on Kylo's health status as well, to try to see if he is okay. I think there could definitely be a connection between them, even from afar.

http://nerdist.com/kylo-rens-signature-force-sound-was-a-purring-kitty-say-sound-designers/

"The Force sound to go along with Kylo had that deep, raw, animalistic sound. It’s a chunky, raw growl that’s supposed to imitate the Force power he wields, which is a little more raw versus Rey’s Force power , which tends to be—in the few moments when she’s using the Force, hers is a little more smooth and rhythmic and like a heartbeat. That’s the contrast between the two."

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:09 am

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen15
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen16
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:11 am

@reylo1992 wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen15
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 21 Screen16
@reylo1992

I can already tell you and I are going to be great friends. I think folks around here are sick of hearing about how much I love those damn hidden hearts!!! Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:26 am

@IoJovi

Very well! I also like to search for hidden Reylo's hearts Wink

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum