ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:43 am

@Bela.mesecina

Kylo was also lost a lot of power by killing his father.  I don't know how grief and guilt affect the dark side but I would assume not on a good way.

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by vaderito on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:57 am

@Darth Dementor wrote:@Bela.mesecina

Kylo was also lost a lot of power by killing his father.  I don't know how grief and guilt affect the dark side but I would assume not on a good way.
@Darth Dementor

That's an excellent point! he couldn't perform the freeze on Rey (hence why she hit the tree and he never performs that basic Jedi trick) and he lost all his strength after she powered up.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

Thoughts about Maz's Castle, and why the heck it's even called a castle when it could've been called "Cantina" or "Bar"

It's a castle, with two big towers like old medieval times. I don't think it was ever called "castle" in the film, but the script calls it that.
It has a dungeon (where Aurora I mean Rey was drawn to the saber) it's made of stone, has a moat (it's on the stinking water for goodness sakes), has a courtyard with flags, outer walls, but inside it was like a bar or cantina.

Parts of a castle:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Harlech-castle

Maz's Castle:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tfa-maz-castle-1

flags:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Maz_s-castle_c40bd1e2

flags image from Disney's Tangled:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Maxresdefault

So it's a castle but also a bar. Where have we seen that before?

Oh wait--

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Jabba__s_palace_wallpaper_by_zjyslav

Where a brave knight went in and fought a ferocious beast to rescue a captured friend and a fair maiden.

Nope, no fairy tale images here, move along...

Basketball
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:15 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o7kgauOjDb1vr6p1uo1_540
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:34 pm

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o7kgauOjDb1vr6p1uo1_540
@Rimfaxe96

It happened this way lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:43 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Rimfaxe96 wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o7kgauOjDb1vr6p1uo1_540
@Rimfaxe96

It happened this way lol!
@Maria Antonietta

This is *hilarious*!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

someone's great photo editing skills, and their depiction of Kylo's scar:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_oa492xDKVz1vzg2gyo1_1280
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_oa492xDKVz1vzg2gyo2_1280
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_oa492xDKVz1vzg2gyo3_1280
(tumblr: skywalkerstrong)

For those worried about Kylo's scar, I wouldn't mind if it looked tasteful like this. They managed to pick the cutest lost boy screen caps of him and for some reason the scar makes him look even more vulnerable and I just...thought it was supposed to be the opposite effect? Why am I having such feels with his sad eyes and that pale little scar? No
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:25 pm

@Xylo Ren

I can't wait for episode VIII. Somethings like that are bound to happens, he try to make her giving in to her darkest desire but Rey refuse and fall down the cliff accidentally and that will mark the moment when Kylo follows the Light cheers
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:59 pm

@Xylo Ren

'Cause in those images he looks like a 'lil abused puppy.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:06 pm

@Slade

Look, actual pic of Kylo sleeping on Rey's lap.

the pic is kinda huge so...:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Labrador-puppies-golden-and-black-boys-and-girls-51b1e01374ac2
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:22 pm

@Irina de France wrote:@Slade

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Labrador-puppies-golden-and-black-boys-and-girls-51b1e01374ac2
@Irina de France

Episode VIII looks amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:49 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:@Slade

@Irina de France

Episode VIII looks amazing!
@WhatGirl

Perfect picture!!! Yin Yang bounce
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:48 am

Cinnamon Roll:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o59ydaXgpe1vnjqgyo2_540

Sin-amon Roll:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o59ydaXgpe1vnjqgyo3_540

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 8:14 am

@vaderito wrote:Cinnamon Roll:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o59ydaXgpe1vnjqgyo2_540

Sin-amon Roll:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr_o59ydaXgpe1vnjqgyo3_540

@vaderito

Cinnamon roll + sinnamon roll= angry force sex Twisted Evil
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 8:22 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Cinnamon Roll:

Sin-amon Roll:

@vaderito

@Maria Antonietta

OMG Sinnamon roll

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Evil-laugh
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 8:31 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 JQB7k

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:46 am

@Slade wrote:@Xylo Ren

'Cause in those images he looks like a 'lil abused puppy.

If he dons those expressions while wearing the scar...

me:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Tumblr10
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:17 am

Here's a total tangent, but I was doing some housecleaning over the weekend and while dusting off my bookcase, started thumbing through my old paperback of Isabelle Allende's the House of the Spirits/La Casa de los Espiritus. Anybody else have to read it for school? It's essentially a sprawling multi-generational saga of a family who goes through a rise and fall against Chile's military dictatorship.

The reason why it made me think of this movie is the whole insistence from many quarters that these two characters are:
1) Cousins because she's Luke's daughter
2) that the whole Interogation scene proves that he's a grasping evil creeper with jealous/incestuous feelings about his cousin who wants to destroy his family because he's bad.

To summarize a really long book, there's a central story line that sets up the offspring of the patriarch's illegitimate son who's angry/bitter and joins the secret police for the military dictatorship, ultimately kidnapping/interrogating/torturing/raping his cousin, who's the offspring of the patriarch's daughter. To make it even more creepy, in the (very very bad) film adaptation, it's shortened to the illegitimate son being this military enforcer doing these horrible things to his half sister because she's become involved with the opposition to the military dictatorship. Anybody who's read the book or sat through the (again, really awful) movie, I'm thinking of Esteban Garcia and Alba (Blanca in the movie) Trueba.

Anyways, I was looking at this book and remembering reading it when it totally occurred to me that seems to the scenario that a lot of quarters seem to have decided was happening in the Interrogation scene. Not that I'd guess anybody making that conjecture has probably even heard of Isabelle Allende (she does live in  Marin County, so it wouldn't surprise me if she and George Lucas haven't ever crossed paths). Just that "OMG, they think that these two characters are like Esteban Garcia and Alba Trueba."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:03 pm

@snufkin wrote:Here's a total tangent, but I was doing some housecleaning over the weekend and while dusting off my bookcase, started thumbing through my old paperback of Isabelle Allende's the House of the Spirits/La Casa de los Espiritus. Anybody else have to read it for school? It's essentially a sprawling multi-generational saga of a family who goes through a rise and fall against Chile's military dictatorship.

The reason why it made me think of this movie is the whole insistence from many quarters that these two characters are:
1) Cousins because she's Luke's daughter
2) that the whole Interogation scene proves that he's a grasping evil creeper with jealous/incestuous feelings about his cousin who wants to destroy his family because he's bad.

To summarize a really long book, there's a central story line that sets up the offspring of the patriarch's illegitimate son who's angry/bitter and joins the secret police for the military dictatorship, ultimately kidnapping/interrogating/torturing/raping his cousin, who's the offspring of the patriarch's daughter. To make it even more creepy, in the (very very bad) film adaptation, it's shortened to the illegitimate son being this military enforcer doing these horrible things to his half sister because she's become involved with the opposition to the military dictatorship. Anybody who's read the book or sat through the (again, really awful) movie, I'm thinking of Esteban Garcia and Alba (Blanca in the movie) Trueba.

Anyways, I was looking at this book and remembering reading it when it totally occurred to me that seems to the scenario that a lot of quarters seem to have decided was happening in the Interrogation scene. Not that I'd guess anybody making that conjecture has probably even heard of Isabelle Allende (she does live in  Marin County, so it wouldn't surprise me if she and George Lucas haven't ever crossed paths). Just that "OMG, they think that these two characters are like Esteban Garcia and Alba Trueba."
@snufkin

I have that book! I read it in 10th grade (like 6 years ago) and I also saw the movie in class. I remember my teacher saying the main theme was "magical realism."
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 4 Image18
MelBee
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:36 pm

@MelBee - you're in LA, right? I think that this is part of curriculum for a lot of school districts and colleges here in California. I just remember how super creepy is Vincent Gallo as Esteban Garcia* in the movie adaptation - the "he's an evil emo wuss who hates his family" mindset suddenly started to make sense. They think he's a character like Esteban Garcia - well, except that ultimately he's not like Esteban Garcia. Just struck me as a funny analogy.

*Not a stretch because Vincent Gallo in general is a pretty creepy guy

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:13 pm

@snufkin wrote:@MelBee - you're in LA, right? I think that this is part of curriculum for a lot of school districts and colleges here in California. I just remember how super creepy is Vincent Gallo as Esteban Garcia* in the movie adaptation - the "he's an evil emo wuss who hates his family" mindset suddenly started to make sense. They think he's a character like Esteban Trueba - well, except that ultimately he's not like Esteban Trueba. Just struck me as a funny analogy.

*Not a stretch because Vincent Gallo in general is a pretty creepy guy
@snufkin

Yes, I'm in LA. Yeah, I read it in my Spanish 2 class. study I see what you mean, Kylo as Esteban No Qst
MelBee
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:43 pm

@MelBee - yeah Esteban Garcia, you understand why he's such an angry, scheming character. But it still doesn't make the horrible things that he does to Alba in the book (his cousin) or Blanca (his sister) in the movie easy to watch. But that's my take - a lot of people think Kylo is that type of character because it fits with the (completely incorrect) scenario of Rey being Luke's daughter.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BastilaBey on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:43 am

@force22 yeah, I just think it's interesting that plenty of people will strongly disagree with the premise that 'reylo started in TFA'. Perhaps their definition of 'reylo' means it can only be reciprocated, and if Rey doesn't reciprocate, that's not reylo. But it's not about a ship or dumb shipping wars, it's about a story. And if these two aren't related, I can't figure out what people are expecting aside from them just remaining enemies for the entire trilogy. Which is not Star Wars, not to me at least.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the podcast as kind of a follow up to the discussion we had about the article itself. I agreed with pretty much all of what these guys said, not sure if you listened to it. What's actually the harm in having a headcanon, or even exploring something that never became canon but interests you and you find it meaningful? It's all fiction, after all. The problem only gets real when people act like jerks to those who don't agree with them, that's really unfortunate and I have no interest in taking part in a dumb war with strangers online. The story will be what it will be, and being a fan should be about having fun.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 5:54 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:@Bela.mesecina

@Darth Dementor

That's an excellent point! he couldn't perform the freeze on Rey (hence why she hit the tree and he never performs that basic Jedi trick) and he lost all his strength after she powered up.
@vaderito

Add to that controlling the Force requires a hell of a lot of concentration and it's hard to concentrate when you're in a lot of pain.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum