ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:30 pm

We talked a lot about Revan and Bastila, their force bond and similarities between them and Rey and Kylo Ren... This new video explains Revan/Bastila story very well..with the exception of that depressing ending...
I don't understand how someone can love this story but hate Reylo (before they have even seen the whole story)

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:33 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:I just watched a few Han and Leia scenes from ESB and it's interesting to me how things turned out so that these two wind up essentially trapped together in close quarters as they flee from Hoth on the Millennium Falcon; they're alone with the exception of third wheel C3PO who seems to be there primarily to break up the sexual tension whenever it gets too intense.

And now we have Kylo coming to Ahch-To, with rumors that he'll end up stranded there alone with Rey and Luke. If this is going be anything like Han and Leia in ESB, there will definitely be attraction and tension between Kylo and Rey, and third wheel Luke is there to break it up before it can go too far. Razz
@WhatGirl

You are forgetting Chewie!
ARRRRRRRRGH!
Truth to be told - I really do not know how Kylo is going to survive the meeting with the wookie.
I imagine the walking carpet hates him more than any of the antis.
@Darth_Awakened

I did remember after hitting submit, and I was like, "Huh, maybe no one will notice I forgot Chewie." Razz
@WhatGirl

The first step for Kylo to return to the Light, before he could gain anyone else's trust or make a move on Rey, he must regain the trust and forgiveness of Chewie. I would like to see that Chewie will be the first one to accept and forgive Kylo for Han and with that Rey, Luke and Leia might slowly forgive him too.

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:39 pm

So, I engaged an ant* on tumblr (I know I shouldn't) and I tried to explain that there's no abuse because she defeats him twice in the interrogation scene and on skb; I told her(not too politely, because I'm so tired of the same repetitive sith) that the heroine must stop hating the villain in order to become a fully grown up woman, that's how star wars and story telling work. Guess what she replied?! Yes, we weaken rey because we acknowledge that the interrogation scene is there to show kylo hurt her. Like WHAT THE ACTUAL F***, WHAT PART DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN POE SCENE AND REY'S, OR HOW THE TRILOGIES WORK???!!!! AREN'T THEY STUBBORN?

Last edited by Maria Antonietta on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 2:40 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:I just watched a few Han and Leia scenes from ESB and it's interesting to me how things turned out so that these two wind up essentially trapped together in close quarters as they flee from Hoth on the Millennium Falcon; they're alone with the exception of third wheel C3PO who seems to be there primarily to break up the sexual tension whenever it gets too intense.

And now we have Kylo coming to Ahch-To, with rumors that he'll end up stranded there alone with Rey and Luke. If this is going be anything like Han and Leia in ESB, there will definitely be attraction and tension between Kylo and Rey, and third wheel Luke is there to break it up before it can go too far. Razz
@WhatGirl

ARRRRRRRRGH!
Truth to be told - I really do not know how Kylo is going to survive the meeting with the wookie.
@Darth_Awakened

I think he may be running an anti Tumblr as we speak...
@Darth Dingbat

LOL
Definitely.
I only can not make my mind if he is FinnRey or social justice maniac.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 3:02 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@WhatGirl

ARRRRRRRRGH!
@Darth_Awakened

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at this. I'm a bad person...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 3:57 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@WhatGirl

ARRRRRRRRGH!
@Darth_Awakened

I did remember after hitting submit, and I was like, "Huh, maybe no one will notice I forgot Chewie." Razz
@WhatGirl

The first step for Kylo to return to the Light, before he could gain anyone else's trust or make a move on Rey, he must regain the trust and forgiveness of Chewie. I would like to see that Chewie will be the first one to accept and forgive Kylo for Han and with that Rey, Luke and Leia might slowly forgive him too.
@Sylvia Snow

I'm not sure I can see Chewie ever forgiving him. That may be the one bridge he's burned forever, unfortunately, and realistically he'd have some of those. Though I imagine if he's on a redemption path, then it at least has to be to the point where Chewie doesn't attack him on sight.

Leia will probably be the first to forgive him. Well, Han was the first in death, but you know what I mean.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 4:22 pm

I'm fine with that.

Maybe when all is said and done in ST, Chewie will go back to Kashyyk and have that domestic life he pursued during Bloodline. I don't see anyone having what he and Han had.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 4:49 pm

What's Chewie gonna be doing in the next movie? Acting as the homicidal chaperone on Ache-to because they went out of their way to show that Rey has taken over Han's role in his life? Or if the rumor about a funeral for Han being ambushed is true, then he'd be with Leia, wouldn't it? Otherwise, what's the big walking carpet going to be doing going forward?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 4:54 pm

@snufkin wrote:What's Chewie gonna be doing in the next movie? Acting as the homicidal chaperone on Ache-to because they went out of their way to show that Rey has taken over Han's role in his life? Or if the rumor about a funeral for Han being ambushed is true, then he'd be with Leia, wouldn't it? Otherwise, what's the big walking carpet going to be doing going forward?
@snufkin

That seems to be a big mystery as of right now. Joonas Suotamo (the younger actor who plays Chewie part of the time) was present for at least part of the Ireland shoot, and from what I recall, was visible via telephoto lens in one of the shots/scenes taking place on top of a hill.

So, it looks like he'll be around for at least part of the action on Ahch-To. However, he wasn't mentioned at all in the pivotal KoR fight scene. It seems like he either departs Ahch-To (probably in a non-Falcon ship, since we know that the Falcon was hanging around during the Ireland shoot), or maybe he's just chillin' at the beehive huts with R2 while Luke and Rey (and later, Kylo) are off doing their thing?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 4:54 pm

@snufkin wrote:What's Chewie gonna be doing in the next movie? Acting as the homicidal chaperone on Ache-to because they went out of their way to show that Rey has taken over Han's role in his life? Or if the rumor about a funeral for Han being ambushed is true, then he'd be with Leia, wouldn't it? Otherwise, what's the big walking carpet going to be doing going forward?

@snufkin Someone managed to film some of the Ireland filming and said in the video that he saw Chewie in the distance. Obviously this scene could go anywhere in the movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chewie has a reunion with Luke and maybe stays a while. Maybe he's a background character in the Ahch-To plot, or leaves to go to the Resistance before coming back or goes back to the Resistance full-stop. I'm thinking the first one though. I think at some point, Luke will leave Ahch-To to go to Space Las Vegas to rescue Finn and KMT and Chewie will probably be his ticket off there with the MF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 4:57 pm

I don't think we are giving Chewie enough credit. His friendship with Han obviously meant the world to him. He lashed out in anger and devastation, but he either didn't mean to kill Kylo or he took a rare bad shot.

From what we know of the Ahch-To filming, it appears that Chewie is still around. He can't be actively trying to kill Kylo throughout that time so they must come to some truce, uneasy or not. For Han's sake if nothing else, I think Chewie would be the bigger man or Wookiee! Hopefully Kylo will start wising up and seek to make some kind of amends. I hope there will come a point where Chewie is able to look at him and see Han's son, Ben Solo, not Kylo Ren who murdered his best friend. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:00 pm

If he sticks around Ache-to, he's not going to be comic relief c**k blocker like C-3PO, he's going to be the loyal overprotective guard dog for Rey every time somebody starts making puppy dog eyes at her. Come to think of it, she gets offers from 3 different men to go travel with them and who ends up being the one she heads off on adventure with but Chewie? He's got something going on that those three don't.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:13 pm

My husband was a Rey Soloist when he came out of our first viewing (please forgive him - he knows not what he does!!!). The reason? Her relationship with Chewie and how quickly they bonded. Of course, this can also be explained through the connection of Rey and Ben, but I digress...

I can definitely see Chewie acting as Rey's fierce protector and guardian.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:23 pm

@IoJovi wrote:My husband was a Rey Soloist when he came out of our first viewing (please forgive him - he knows not what he does!!!). The reason? Her relationship with Chewie and how quickly they bonded. Of course, this can also be explained through the connection of Rey and Ben, but I digress...

I can definitely see Chewie acting as Rey's fierce protector and guardian.
@IoJovi

If Luke is a bit "off," then it would certainly make sense for Chewie to step in and play that "protector" role. I think that in a lot of our headcanons, we've been expecting that role to be played by Luke, but maybe it's Chewie?

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:29 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:I can definitely see Chewie acting as Rey's fierce protector and guardian.
@IoJovi

If Luke is a bit "off," then it would certainly make sense for Chewie to step in and play that "protector" role. I think that in a lot of our headcanons, we've been expecting that role to be played by Luke, but maybe it's Chewie?

@ISeeAnIsland

Careful please; stuff like Chewie and Kylo Ren/Ben meeting in person can cause heartbreak. Sad
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:33 pm

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:I can definitely see Chewie acting as Rey's fierce protector and guardian.
@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

Careful please; stuff like Chewie and Kylo Ren/Ben meeting in person can cause heartbreak. Sad
@Rimfaxe96

No kidding. I can see a scene like that being the biggest tear jerker in the movie, second only to his reunion with Leia.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:38 pm

@IoJovi wrote:No kidding. I can see a scene like that being the biggest tear jerker in the movie, second only to his reunion with Leia.
@IoJovi

Yeah, and it'll hurt whenever you think of it.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 38 Fairly-Odd-Parents-Veronica-Heart-Pain-Gif
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:45 pm

The reason why Chewie was able to bond with Rey so quick, in my opinion, was due to the fact that Rey might remind Chewie of a younger Han with her passion for droids and machine in general. After all the years traveling with Han, Chewie might have seen Rey as the fresh air of a new generation or even remind him of Ben Solo . Also after Kylo killed his father, Chewie could try to forget Kylo and Ben all together, erase him from his mind, and put his focus on looking after Finn and Rey in stead.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 5:47 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:Also after Kylo killed his father, Chewie could try to forget Kylo and Ben all together, erase him from his mind, and start to look after Finn and Rey in stead.
@Sylvia Snow

Still better than junior novelization!Chewie, thinking of running back in to shoot him again and calling him an abomination.
I think I've never been so horrified from reading a book. Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 6:28 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:The reason why Chewie was able to bond with Rey so quick, in my opinion, was due to the fact that Rey might remind Chewie of a younger Han

This is why I can't get my head around people thinking that she's like Luke, down to thinking that she's Luke's kid. At least to me, my impression was that she's like Han in terms of being the scruffy, street smart character who's had to learn how to think quick in order to survive, starting from early childhood. They're definitely not like from the same social cirtcles as Luke (middle class) and Leia (upper class) having good adoptive homes or the high class problems of the aristocracy and Jedi/Sith elite who constitute 80-90% of the characters in the previous movies. They're both at the bottom of the social ladder. I didn't even have the thought that she's Han/Leia's kid, just that she comes from the same background and circumstances that Han came from.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 10:39 pm

I remember these lines in Life Debt:

Then they’ll race off together to Malastare or Warrin Station or back to that dusty Mos Eisley cantina to pick up some other wayward dust-farmer kid…and then when he gets home and his baby, his son is born, Chewie will be right there doing whatever needs doing because that’s who Chewie is.
But he doesn’t say any of that.
Chewie hugs him and purrs.
“I’ll be back. We’re not done, you and I. We’ll see each other again. I’m gonna be a father and no way my kid won’t have you in his life.”

Based on this, I feel Chewie might be one of the first people to forgive Kylo... especially if they go with the !Manchurian Kylo type of plot and he is trying to get away from the FO.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:00 pm

@panki wrote:I remember these lines in Life Debt:

Then they’ll race off together to Malastare or Warrin Station or back to that dusty Mos Eisley cantina to pick up some other wayward dust-farmer kid…and then when he gets home and his baby, his son is born, Chewie will be right there doing whatever needs doing because that’s who Chewie is.
But he doesn’t say any of that.
Chewie hugs him and purrs.
“I’ll be back. We’re not done, you and I. We’ll see each other again. I’m gonna be a father and no way my kid won’t have you in his life.”

Based on this, I feel Chewie might be one of the first people to forgive Kylo... especially if they go with the !Manchurian Kylo type of plot and he is trying to get away from the FO.
@panki

I just finished the book today, and remember that line well. I nearly cried... Sad
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:31 pm

@WhatGirl

Another ESB-TFA awakens parallel I picked up on:  Han and Leia's colour schemes matches Kylo and Rey's.   Princess Leia wore all white throughout the movie; Rey wore all white throughout the movie.  Han wore, mostly, black for the movies entirety; Kylo wore black for the entire film.

And, chew on this, at the movies end Mr Solo was defeated and the girl he's destined to be with flies away in The Millennium Falcon with Chewie and the last shot is her standing with Luke.  Am I talking about Empire Strikes Back or The Force Awakens? Those scenarios apply to both! Like father like son. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 12:07 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't think we are giving Chewie enough credit. His friendship with Han obviously meant the world to him. He lashed out in anger and devastation, but he either didn't mean to kill Kylo or he took a rare bad shot.

From what we know of the Ahch-To filming, it appears that Chewie is still around. He can't be actively trying to kill Kylo throughout that time so they must come to some truce, uneasy or not. For Han's sake if nothing else, I think Chewie would be the bigger man or Wookiee! Hopefully Kylo will start wising up and seek to make some kind of amends. I hope there will come a point where Chewie is able to look at him and see Han's son, Ben Solo, not Kylo Ren who murdered his best friend. Sad
@Mrs Ben Solo

This is such a great point, I agree 100%. Chewie could have aimed for the head, for the heart. Even as enraged and grieving as he was in that moment, he didn't have the heart to kill Ben. And did you guys notice that when Kylo Ren took off his mask and the camera cut to Chewie he looked almost agitated? I think he was very moved at seeing Ben's face again after who knows how long. I also think he will probably be one of the first to forgive Kylo, along with Leia.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 1:01 am

@Darth Rowan wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't think we are giving Chewie enough credit. His friendship with Han obviously meant the world to him. He lashed out in anger and devastation, but he either didn't mean to kill Kylo or he took a rare bad shot.

@Mrs Ben Solo

This is such a great point, I agree 100%. Chewie could have aimed for the head, for the heart. Even as enraged and grieving as he was in that moment, he didn't have the heart to kill Ben. And did you guys notice that when Kylo Ren took off his mask and the camera cut to Chewie he looked almost agitated? I think he was very moved at seeing Ben's face again after who knows how long. I also think he will probably be one of the first to forgive Kylo, along with Leia.
@Darth Rowan

From the first moment I saw that scene I have always explained Chewie s miss as the consequnce of being in total shock over Han s death + Kylo s being in total shock as well (so he was unable to stop the shot).
Chewie is an emotional creature - he acts almost like a child. (that fact was emphasized all through TFA - especially when he was wounded)
I am very curious of future Chewie s story in EPVIII - especially his possible interaction with Kylo - and hopefully Chewie would not end as pure side kick given his active role in TFA. It would be shame - he was the closest person (wookie) to Han.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum