ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by snufkin on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 1:07 am

@Darth Dementor wrote:
@WhatGirl

Another ESB-TFA awakens parallel I picked up on:  Han and Leia's colour schemes matches Kylo and Rey's.   Princess Leia wore all white throughout the movie; Rey wore all white throughout the movie.  Han wore, mostly, black for the movies entirety; Kylo wore black for the entire film.

And, chew on this, at the movies end Mr Solo was defeated and the girl he's destined to be with flies away in The Millennium Falcon with Chewie and the last shot is her standing with Luke.  Am I talking about Empire Strikes Back or The Force Awakens? Those scenarios apply to both! Like father like son. 8)

@Darth Dementor

It still kind of amazes me how for all the comments about callbacks to the first movie and it being "a total rehash," there are so many damn parallels and details to ESB (and RotJ) which are overlooked. And it's not that easy to brush those off as something a viewer imagined because the filmmakers so very overtly dropped references throughout the movie to the first one and also make a point in the promotional DVD/press materials of discussing how they dropped specific references. Including how a lot of the production design mined the work done on the previous movies. Frequently by either the original employees at Pinewood and/or family members who are 2nd-3rd generation staff. Of course to your point about Rey ending up like Leia at the end of ESB, a lot of viewers are going to hold on for dear life as that being proof that she's the actual "good child."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 4:29 pm

@snufkin

Oh absolutely, because it wouldn't come across weird at all if two siblings dressed and acted, beat for beat, like they're parents when they were courting each other. Right with the quick stolen glances, on Rey's part, and the lingering; up close; longing stares on Ben's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 6:03 pm

I FINALLY FOUND IT! My future response to anyone who will ask me: Why do you ship reylo?

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_mhm1jrCj9c1rq1u9no1_400
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 08 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:@snufkin

Oh absolutely, because it wouldn't come across weird at all if two siblings dressed and acted, beat for beat, like they're parents when they were courting each other. Right with the quick stolen glances, on Rey's part, and the lingering; up close; longing stares on Ben's.
@Darth Dementor

Not at all weird, ha! That's must be what Han meant, with his line about a magical power that holds together the dark and the light? That it's holding together his two missing children.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:02 am

Watch  these images while listening to a famous love theme of choice. It's magical:

http://in-the-land-of-gods-and-monsters.tumblr.com/post/148662579181/some-of-my-favorite-kylo-and-rey-momentsthe

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o4_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o1_250

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o3_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o2_250

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o5_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o6_250
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 11:50 am

@vaderito wrote:Watch  these images while listening to a famous love theme of choice. It's magical:

http://in-the-land-of-gods-and-monsters.tumblr.com/post/148662579181/some-of-my-favorite-kylo-and-rey-momentsthe

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o4_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o1_250

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o3_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o2_250

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o5_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o6_250
@vaderito

I do not know why Across the Stars crossed my mind Wink
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 11:53 am

@Darth_Awakened maybe it has something to do with their 3 notes being 3 notes from Across the Stars? But his played in reverse and corrected by hers? Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:08 pm

@vaderito wrote:@Darth_Awakened maybe it has something to do with their 3 notes being 3 notes from Across the Stars? But his played in reverse and corrected by hers? Very Happy
@vaderito

I doubt I am so gifted in music to even notice that lol
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:10 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@Darth_Awakened maybe it has something to do with their 3 notes being 3 notes from Across the Stars? But his played in reverse and corrected by hers? Very Happy
@vaderito

@Darth_Awakened

Oh, it's canon. It's true. I'm not music educated either but people who are explained. It's quite fascinating.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:21 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@vaderito

@Darth_Awakened

Oh, it's canon. It's true. I'm not music educated either but people who are explained. It's quite fascinating.
@vaderito

I don't think I've mentioned this before because of its ***RenperorUGHGodHelpMeARGH*** connotations, but I think the melody that overlaps in Kylo's and Rey's themes is also from Palpatine's theme. Or at least it sounds an awful lot like it.

But of course, even if it is, it might have nothing to do with ***RenperorPLEASEDON'TMAKEMEMENTIONTHISWORDAGAIN*** because that music is also playing when Palps is frying Luke and Vader intervenes. So it might hint at Rey Palpatine, and Vader's grandson and Palps's granddaughter being connected in some... mystical, symmetrical, poetic sort of way, to correct their grandfathers' mistakes.

Or, I might be talking nonsense.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:23 pm

I mean the little bit at 00:50.

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:33 pm

And (sorry for triple-posting again) I actually forgot about the whole thing after Williams basically said he doesn't know anything. I stopped looking for clues in the music back then, as we can't know how much of it is coincidental. So I'm guessing we wouldn't find Rey Palpatine in the music... nor Renperor, thank God.

But I do think the connection between the two of them isn't a coincidence. That much was written into the music, at least.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:51 pm

@Darth Dingbat Williams is a total troll. Laughing  he doesn't know anything but plays Romeo&Juliet over bridal carry. Sure, Jan.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 1:13 pm

@vaderito wrote:@Darth Dingbat Williams is a total troll. Laughing  he doesn't know anything but plays Romeo&Juliet over bridal carry. Sure, Jan.
@vaderito

Agreed. I remember the interview, and the way he said, I don't know anything officially, but I *think* she might be Luke's daughter told me a lot. I think he was totally trolling.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 1:16 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@Darth Dingbat Williams is a total troll. Laughing  he doesn't know anything but plays Romeo&Juliet over bridal carry. Sure, Jan.
@vaderito

Agreed.  I remember the interview, and the way he said, I don't know anything officially, but I *think* she might be Luke's daughter told me a lot.  I think he was totally trolling.  
@IoJovi

he has that foxy face and smile that you know he's a total troll. Laughing

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o6_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o1_250

Romance never looked so good.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 2:16 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito

Agreed.  I remember the interview, and the way he said, I don't know anything officially, but I *think* she might be Luke's daughter told me a lot.  I think he was totally trolling.  
@IoJovi

he has that foxy face and smile that you know he's a total troll. Laughing

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o6_250ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o1_250

Romance never looked so good.
@vaderito

LOL
Despite the foxy face I was sure old John was trolling from the first minute.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 3:14 pm

Williams definitely gives off the "if I wasn't married and 60 years younger" when talking about Rey/Ridley
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 3:22 pm

@snufkin wrote:Williams definitely gives off the "if I wasn't married and 60 years younger" when talking about Rey/Ridley
@snufkin

OMG, TOTALLY! Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:10 pm

While where on the subject of music has anyone noticed how Vader's theme is in total sync with Rey's?

I've always thought Rey's background was more like Anakin's than Lukes.  Both worked for a cantankerous slave owner; had similiar wardrobes(Rey's clothes looked more like Li'l Annies than Lukes); showed dark side tendencies early on, although Anakin's showed in Episode II and was more devastating ie when he slaughtered the sand people for revenge.

I think it was done on purpose to give Kylo even more reason to relate to Rey, because she has an uobringing just like his grandpa, who he idolizes.  And growing up just like Anakin she would have a great understanding of why he turned out like he did; being desperate to hold onto someone you really love because it was so scarce to them.

And for what it's worth when Rey's theme is played backwards part of it sounds like Across The Stars, Anakin and Padme's love song. Particularly at 31-50 sec mark.

Last edited by Darth Dementor on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:14 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:While where on the subject of music has anyone noticed how Vader's theme is in total sync with Rey's?

I've always thought Rey's background was more like Anakin's than Lukes. Both worked for a cantankerous slave owner; had similiar wardrobes(Rey's clothes looked more like Li'l Annies than Lukes); showed dark side tendencies early on, although Anakin's showed in Episode II and was more devastating ie when he slaughtered the sand people for revenge.

I think it was done on purpose to give Kylo even more reason to relate to Rey, because she has an uobringing just like his grandpa, who he idolizes. And growing up just like Anakin she would have a great understanding of why he turned out like he did; being desperate to hold onto someone you really love because it was so scarce to them.

@Darth Dementor

It matches for like 6/8 bars... There's nothing relevant, imo
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:15 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:While where on the subject of music has anyone noticed how Vader's theme is in total sync with Rey's?

I've always thought Rey's background was more like Anakin's than Lukes. Both worked for a cantankerous slave owner; had similiar wardrobes(Rey's clothes looked more like Li'l Annies than Lukes); showed dark side tendencies early on, although Anakin's showed in Episode II and was more devastating ie when he slaughtered the sand people for revenge.

I think it was done on purpose to give Kylo even more reason to relate to Rey, because she has an uobringing just like his grandpa, who he idolizes. And growing up just like Anakin she would have a great understanding of why he turned out like he did; being desperate to hold onto someone you really love because it was so scarce to them.

@Darth Dementor

I've seen this, and it could be a number of things but I honestly think it looks more like Kylo Ren's shadow than Vader's. The "helmet" is narrower. It could be tptb put it in there to make people think she's got a connection to Vader by blood, when really it's Kylo Ren she's connected to (not by blood).
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:21 pm

Sorry wrong thread hahaha
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:51 pm

There's no backtracking the Retrograde he wrote in Ren and Rey's themes.

There's absolutely no way that those notes magically appeared on paper and happened to reverse. I was drowning in four semester of Music Theory in college and some people are insane enough to make it their career, lol. I cannot even tell you how ridiculously thought out every single detail and harmonic and interval and note is in a piece of music. And a theme of this magnitude? STAR WARS???

I don't believe for a second that anything was an accident.

1. Ren and Rey's themes are mirror images
2. Rey's secondary theme is NEARLY IDENTICAL TO BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (off by one note...please)

Those are the two that cannot be explained away or given excuse. He is definitely not given the whole picture or he is hiding it because he doesn't want to get fired.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:54 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:There's no backtracking the Retrograde he wrote in Ren and Rey's themes.

There's absolutely no way that those notes magically appeared on paper and happened to reverse. I was drowning in four semester of Music Theory in college and some people are insane enough to make it their career, lol. I cannot even tell you how ridiculously thought out every single detail and harmonic and interval and note is in a piece of music. And a theme of this magnitude? STAR WARS???

2. Rey's secondary theme is NEARLY IDENTICAL TO BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (off by one note...please)

Those are the two that cannot be explained away or given excuse. He is definitely not given the whole picture or he is hiding it because he doesn't want to get fired.
@Xylo Ren

yes, Rey's theme being like BatB is Laughing As is Romeo&Juliet during the bridal carry exclusively.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 5:22 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:There's no backtracking the Retrograde he wrote in Ren and Rey's themes.

@Xylo Ren

yes, Rey's theme being like BatB is Laughing  As is Romeo&Juliet during the bridal carry exclusively.
@vaderito

The Romeo and Juliet clip just sounds so out of place. That's what gives it away to me. It almost sounds forced, he could've resolved that tension in a different climax but he chose the same half step (scale degrees 4 to 5 or 7 to 8 ) that Tchaikovsky did when he wrote that euphoric love theme.

Composers steal from each other, that's an established fact we actually studied in college. It's not arguable, it's literally confessed and written about by the composers themselves. For example, it's been said that there's been no new music after Bach because of everything he did for harmony and composition that everyone's still using today.

Therefore it's not hard to believe that John Williams could steal this inspiration from Tchaikovsky for Romeo and Juliet as well as the notes from Beauty and the Beast. It's okay to do that in music because you're trying to evoke the same mood of whatever you're taking inspiration from. Heck, he even stole from himself with Across the Stars sunny
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum