ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:03 pm

Basically, this latest spoiler takes everything that was redemption and Reylo -friendly and negates every detail of it
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:06 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Basically, this latest spoiler takes everything that was redemption and Reylo -friendly and negates every detail of it
@ISeeAnIsland

That's what it seems like. Sad  It really seems to go against everything they were setting up in Episode VIII, not just with Reylo but with Kylo's redemption as well.  Although I guess it's possible he could still be redeemed in Episode IX and that Reylo could still happen by the end of the trilogy.  But that would seem very rushed to me.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:07 pm

we should take EVERY 'spoiler' with a grain of salt...different people are saying different things and they all have different interpretations. We should get our clues from the films that Rian used as inspiration, and not someone who 'claims' to have insider knowledge...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:11 pm

@Mana wrote:we should take EVERY 'spoiler' with a grain of salt...different people are saying different things and they all have different interpretations. We should get our clues from the films that Rian used as inspiration, and not someone who 'claims' to have insider knowledge...
@Mana

THIS! ^^^^^^
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:16 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Basically, this latest spoiler takes everything that was redemption and Reylo -friendly and negates every detail of it
@ISeeAnIsland

I was thinking the same thing. Interesting...and really convenient how this person knows so much about those scenes and fills in all the stuff we don't know and question...

There are so many "spoilers" and still so many questions. It makes me dizzy.

Last edited by Kessel89 on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:16 pm

Where's the report about underwater filming or lights underwater?

Putting the reliability of that report next to this will answer all questions because according to this guy, there's no night swim by anyone.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:19 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ugh, so a "just going to get more eeeeeviiilller" scenario? If that's the case, forgot about it because that sounds really boring.
@snufkin

It just really seems to go against what they were setting up in Episode VIII.  I might be able to see something like that happening a little more if they said it happened in Act One, although even then I wouldn't be thrilled.  But in Act Three?  I figured Kylo would already be on his way to redemption by Act Three.  At least somewhat, anyway.
@Kyla Ren

Either this is some fanboy Luke worship speculation or if it's true, it just saved me 18 months of wishing I could see the next chapter.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

*yawn* Some [edit] looking for attention.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no name-calling)
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:21 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Where's the report about underwater filming or lights underwater?

Putting the reliability of that report next to this will answer all questions because according to this guy, there's no night swim by anyone.
@Xylo Ren

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, the kind of action they describe would take 2-3 minutes on-screen. Five minutes tops. A lot could happen before and after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:22 pm

I think it's quite likely that they film a few scenes just to confuse the issue and throw people off the scent. We know that the actors mentioned that there were lots of ad-hoc changes, 'feeling the way', in TFA. Struck me it was a way to make sure that even the actors couldn't be entirely sure what the story actually was.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:27 pm

Kylo kills his knights

Kylo kills Rey

Kylo kills Luke

Kylo *looks around*

*no one left to kill*

Kylo kills himself.

(See? I can write boring "spoilers" too)
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:29 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Kylo kills his knights

Kylo kills Rey

Kylo kills Luke

Kylo *looks around*

*no one left to kill*

Kylo kills himself.

@Xylo Ren

Killo Ren
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:29 pm

This blogger is only commenting on already known leaks or things that were filmed on outdoor sets. Time will tell if he/she brings anything else.

So, who are the credible leakers? I know one is possibly
hidden:
Bothan_spy.  The Mr. Ghostface one admitted they were lying (or Disney got to them
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:30 pm

@ReyofLightSide

The only one I trust is MSW and even they get stuff wrong. However at least we know they're not doing it for attention, since they're already established.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm

Kylo kills Rey

Kylo kills Luke

Kylo *looks around*

*no one left to kill*

Kylo kills himself.

@Xylo Ren

Kylo kills my vibe, if this is true because this plot sucks.

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm

Also the "this's what they meant that it would be dark" sounds like the dumb GoT "that would be cool because it would be dark" fan theories that Joanna Robinson at Vanity Fair wrote a pretty scathing takedown of. Dark for the sake of dark is lazy and boring. They might as well had Eli Roth write the screenplay.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:

Kylo kills Rey

Kylo kills Luke

Kylo *looks around*

*no one left to kill*

Kylo kills himself.

@Xylo Ren

@ReyofLightSide

but why do people think this particular poster is true? Have we heard of him/her before? What makes them different than all the other supposed leaks we've heard? I don't understand the concern
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:35 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

Or it sets up a "Vader style" redemption, which is exactly what I don't want. I can't pretend that half of me isn't still expecting a "he gets worse" scenario through the entirety of Episode VIII, as lazy as that is. But with all the new info, I was hoping that maybe it'd be different.

That's not to say I just believe this person. Anyone could say this stuff.

@ReyofLightSide wrote:This blogger is only commenting on already known leaks or things that were filmed on outdoor sets. Time will tell if he/she brings anything else.

So, who are the credible leakers? I know one is possibly
hidden:
Bothan_spy.  The Mr. Ghostface one admitted they were lying (or Disney got to them
@ReyofLightSide

Bothan_Spy has gotten vindicated multiple times now, though they haven't shared new info in a while. And yeah, the fact that this person isn't sharing brand new spoilers and is just basically piggybacking off of other leaks is telling. If you have insider knowledge, tell us something nobody has speculated about before. Something majorly specific, since they seem to know every detail about when and how things happen.

AKA what Bothan_Spy has done, and what this new person has not. Reddit thinks this person is legitimate because everything they've said seems reasonable. That's because everything they've said falls within the spectrum of "predictable" and bounces off of popular speculation.

Last edited by ZioRen on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:38 pm

Any spoiler moving forward that states Rey and Ren don't face off again until the third act is bunk. I would say that Rey and Ren face each other again no later than the first part of the second act, based on the Ireland filming.

So for me, there's nothing really to see here other than someone who wants attention. Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:39 pm

I think that 'spoiler' is from a few weeks ago..so I don't think we should be that worried about it. Since then, a lot of new info has come to light. Rian's inspirations in Jung and Bly AND the movies he used as inspiration. I think thats where we should be looking guys...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:41 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

Kylo kills Rey

Kylo kills Luke

Kylo *looks around*

*no one left to kill*

Kylo kills himself.

@Xylo Ren

@ReyofLightSide

but why do people think this particular poster is true? Have we heard of him/her before? What makes them different than all the other supposed leaks we've heard? I don't understand the concern
@Xylo Ren

I have no idea. I guess because he/she sounds more logical to the reddit crowd so they don't dispel it right away.
Didn't mean to get us all spun out- just wanted to capture it on our spoiler thread in case we need to refer back Ninja
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:44 pm

@Mana I forgot to mention that in my post, this spoiler was posted on July 6th and it's just now coming up? Can't be too important if no one has noticed until now.

Besides, I don't want to start waves but...their website theme is a Finn quote and his helmet so...not saying you can't be a Finn fan and unbiased but just keep that under consideration...

@ReyofLightSide

No, you're fine! Always bring whatever you find here and we can all talk through what makes sense and what doesn't. Best part of a forum is the support system! Basketball
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:46 pm

@Mana wrote:I think that 'spoiler' is from a few weeks ago..so I don't think we should be that worried about it. Since then, a lot of new info has come to light. Rian's inspirations in Jung and Bly AND the movies he used as inspiration. I think thats where we should be looking guys...
@Mana

Yes! How Jungian is that spoiler? Is Kylo integrating his shadow by killing all his guys?! LOL!!!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:49 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ugh, so a "just going to get more eeeeeviiilller" scenario? If that's the case, forgot about it because that sounds really boring.
@snufkin

It just really seems to go against what they were setting up in Episode VIII.  I might be able to see something like that happening a little more if they said it happened in Act One, although even then I wouldn't be thrilled.  But in Act Three?  I figured Kylo would already be on his way to redemption by Act Three.  At least somewhat, anyway.
@Kyla Ren

It sounds like it was written with the "Luke is the hero" mindset, which goes against the comments that he's a supporting character. He gives Rey direction to "keep him busy" also goes against what's been hinted, that Ren doesn't care about finding Luke anymore because she's his focus. Which is more than shown at the ending of TFA. Also 3rd act - there does need to be time for getting stitched up, Darkside 101 class, and being enough of an evil bastard before hitting bottom. Either this is some fanboy Luke worship speculation or if it's true, it just saved me 18 months of wishing it could be out already
@snufkin

There are definitely some people who have the "Luke is the hero" mindset, which is probably why some of them say that if Rey isn't Luke's daughter then they're walking out or whatever.  I guess we just have to take this spoiler with a grain of salt for now.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:55 pm

I just read that spoiler in its entirety.  We already know there's most likely an underwater scene filmed per Rian Johnson.  And remember Daisy's wet hair?  Funny how this "spoiler" seems to forget those things.

And let's not forget those glorious kissing salt and pepper light and dark pepper shakers.  That one had me as giddy as a school girl.

The writer of this spoiler sounds confident, but anyone can be anything they want to be on the internet.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum