ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 17:09

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito - the tag line for this site should be the Best Fake Spoilers on the Internet. People might actually be inspired to go pick up a book or watch a movie from the Criterion Collection instead of arguing with HanFan78705 about whether or not Ren is an emo wuss crybaby who's going to get eeeevilller and how Rey is Daddy's Jedi Good Little Girl.

OK here's a spoiler, when Ren finally gives that mixtape to Rey that he made for her, at least one of the songs on there will be the Cure's Just Like Heaven.
@snufkin

Has a brooding guy ever given a girl that he was interested in a mix tape that didn't contain "Just Like Heaven"???
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by snufkin on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 17:12

@ISeeAnIsland - Not in my experience. I got at least one with Dinosaur Jr.'s cover version. You know he was chasing her through the woods on SKB singing about how she's so "lost and lonely, so lost and lovely" and "promise that I'll run away with you."

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 19:02

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I agree that the bodies of Space Horse and Space Chicken look completely different. Without having seen the head of Space Chicken, though, it's possible that they're two different types of creatures but with similar heads.

But yeah, I think that the important take-away from this is that Space Chicken is indeed a creature on Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

To me, they look nothing alike. And yes, if it's a case where Finn and KMT are coming to Ach-To to save Rey from that awful villainous masked man in black, to that I say blahhh....
@IoJovi

Not only is the Rey as a damsel in distress angle blah, Finn and KMT coming to Ahch-To to save Rey makes... Exactly how much sense? Not a lot, to my eyes. What, Hux pulls a Bond villain and spills the beans about the master plan of Ren coming after Rey whIle he dangles them over a tank of space sharks? Lol. Sorry, I just have a hard time imagining how this one could possibly make sense in the story. They have to find out Rey is in some kind of danger in the first place and then they have to get there... To do what exactly? Rey is the (known) Force sensitive whose skill is comparable to Ren's. Poor Finn got his a** kicked last time; we gonna see a Rocky style training montage for him?
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 19:04

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I agree that the bodies of Space Horse and Space Chicken look completely different. Without having seen the head of Space Chicken, though, it's possible that they're two different types of creatures but with similar heads.

But yeah, I think that the important take-away from this is that Space Chicken is indeed a creature on Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

To me, they look nothing alike.  And yes, if it's a case where Finn and KMT are coming to Ach-To to save Rey from that awful villainous masked man in black, to that I say blahhh....  
@IoJovi

Not only is the Rey as a damsel in distress angle blah, Finn and KMT coming to Ahch-To to save Rey makes... Exactly how much sense? Not a lot, to my eyes. What, Hux pulls a Bond villain and spills the beans about the master plan of Ren coming after Rey whIle he dangles them over a tank of space sharks? Lol. Sorry, I just have a hard time imagining how this one could possibly make sense in the story. They have to find out Rey is in some kind of danger in the first place and then they have to get there... To do what exactly? Rey is the (known) Force sensitive whose skill is comparable to Ren's. Poor Finn got his a** kicked last time; we gonna see a Rocky style training montage for him?
@MeadowofAshes

lol! lol!

I can picture Hux holding Millicent like Blofeld... Razz
I'm still wondering how they managed to travel on this horse through space? And where Luke does fit into this rescue mission?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 19:36

@panki Blofeld, seriously  Laughing. You know that's who Pablo was thinking of when he came up with Millicent. Starting in Episode VIII, this is all we'll see of Hux.
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 37 Screen65
http://dorksideoftheforce.com/2016/02/12/general-huxs-cat-millicent-is-fan-fiction-at-its-finest/

Ha, good point! Maybe the horse is like the luck dragon in Neverending Story? Lol.

Luke, Rey, and Ren getting a message about the Resistance destruction/Leia in a coma via Chewie listening to comms on the Falcon and then leaving Ahch-To to catch up with Resistance is simpler and makes more sense to me than anyone from the Resistance coming to Ahch-To.

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 19:37

I'm sorry, but whenever an alleged spoiler leak mentions Rey needing to be rescued...its fake..
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 21:19

Rubbish, all of it! Space hose is for Kylo to carry on his shoulders:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 37 Adam-driver-kylo-ren-carrying-a-

His muscles doubled in the meantime, so space horse will be a piece of cake. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Fri 29 Jul 2016 - 22:50

@vaderito wrote:Rubbish, all of it! Space hose is for Kylo to carry on his shoulders:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 37 Adam-driver-kylo-ren-carrying-a-

His muscles doubled in the meantime, so space horse will be a piece of cake. Twisted Evil
@vaderito

With Rey sitting on the horse
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 0:06

Listening to newest rebel grrl podcast and Amanda says that Jason thinks (not clear if it's informed by a source or just his own headcanon) that the movie could open with the ship crashing on Ahch-to. This is surprising to me because wouldn't that be Kylo's arrival, that we previously heard would be in the second act? Or is the idea that somehow the KoR arrive before their master. They were talking about it in context of the movie opening with no time jump after vii.

Around 1 hour 15 mark http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/episode-41-makingstarwars-nets-rebel-grrrl/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 1:10

@BastilaBey wrote:Listening to newest rebel grrl podcast and Amanda says that Jason thinks (not clear if it's informed by a source or just his own headcanon) that the movie could open with the ship crashing on Ahch-to. This is surprising to me because wouldn't that be Kylo's arrival, that we previously heard would be in the second act? Or is the idea that somehow the KoR arrive before their master. They were talking about it in context of the movie opening with no time jump after vii.

Around 1 hour 15 mark http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/episode-41-makingstarwars-nets-rebel-grrrl/
@BastilaBey

I think during the Ireland filming there was talk of some sort of ship with smoke or steam or something coming from it, and the (probably) KOR bowing toward it either as a sign of reverence to a superior or respect for the dead, unclear. I may not be remembering correctly, though.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 1:24

I think the movie will open with the Resistance plot and have some kind of action scene, then cut to Anch-to and Rey's scene with Luke. The title crawl will probably also be mostly about the war and give an idea of where both sides are at post-Starkiller.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 1:51

@BastilaBey wrote:Listening to newest rebel grrl podcast and Amanda says that Jason thinks (not clear if it's informed by a source or just his own headcanon) that the movie could open with the ship crashing on Ahch-to. This is surprising to me because wouldn't that be Kylo's arrival, that we previously heard would be in the second act? Or is the idea that somehow the KoR arrive before their master. They were talking about it in context of the movie opening with no time jump after vii.

@BastilaBey

This is indeed interesting. And surprising as well. I have always thought that the opening scene would be the closing scene of TFA (Luke & Rey).
However, there is always a SW tradition to open movies with some action of sort in space.

EDIT: I think (not sure though) that the clash on the beach filmed in Malin Head was rumored being in the second act.
And it does make sense that KOR & Kylo arrive prior to the clash.
I must admit this Jason s speculation is thrilling.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 3:08

@BastilaBey

Interesting, I wonder why he thinks that...I always kind of expected Kylo and the KOR's arrival on Ahch-to to happen at the end of Act I, at the very earliest; not the beginning of the movie.  That would give Rey and Luke some time to themselves before Kylo comes stomping in (god, I love his stomping btw...).

However, I guess it could maybe work if Kylo and the KOR don't locate/confront Rey and Luke right after their crash? Especially if they land on a different island first? Maybe they're on Ahch-to not just looking for Rey and Luke, but also the Jedi temple as well? Maybe the two groups don't meet until after Kylo and the KOR have been there for a little while?

One issue with that would be, what about Kylo's training with Snoke? For the above scenario to work, I think Kylo would have to leave his training early/before completion.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 3:25

Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

Interesting, I wonder why he thinks that...I always kind of expected Kylo and the KOR's arrival on Ahch-to to happen at the end of Act I, at the very earliest; not the beginning of the movie.  That would give Rey and Luke some time to themselves before Kylo comes stomping in (god, I love his stomping btw...).

However, I guess it could maybe work if Kylo and the KOR don't locate/confront Rey and Luke right after their crash? Especially if they land on a different island first? Maybe they're on Ahch-to not just looking for Rey and Luke, but also the Jedi temple as well? Maybe the two groups don't meet until after Kylo and the KOR have been there for a little while?

One issue with that would be, what about Kylo's training with Snoke? For the above scenario to work, I think Kylo would have to leave his training early/before completion.
@Kessel89

Perhaps the completion of his training isn't the kind of training everybody has been envisioning? Perhaps it's just some missing information that Snoke has been holding back until he could be sure of Kylo's commitment.

Either way it seems odd if the KOR arrive so early...

I thought I read somewhere that the teaser clip from Skellig Michael is of the actual beginning of Episode VIII, but could be it was just assumed to be.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 3:39

Maybe there is really a tracker on the MF (again!) and Kylo tracks Chewbacca and Rey immediately after their take off?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:17

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89

Perhaps the completion of his training isn't the kind of training everybody has been envisioning? Perhaps it's just some missing information that Snoke has been holding back until he could be sure of Kylo's commitment.

I thought I read somewhere that the teaser clip from Skellig Michael is of the actual beginning of Episode VIII, but could be it was just assumed to be.
@Darth Dingbat

I wonder if all have subconsciously fallen into a trap of ESB training stuff (Kylo/Snoke vs. Luke/Rey).
No matter how much I liked at first to imagine Luke training Rey, however I think now that hearing again lines like: There is no try, It surrounds us...blah, blah, blah would be highly repetitive.
There is also one reason why I really do think that speculation could be legit: Kylo needs time to get his redemption, hence character development needs screen time as well.
It falls nicely with the "independent movies" constant mentions.
That s why I find this speculation very, very interesting. And I do wonder what else Jason knows and speculates although is not ready yet to spill in public.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:41

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89

@Darth Dingbat

I wonder if all have subconsciously fallen into a trap of ESB training stuff (Kylo/Snoke vs. Luke/Rey).
No matter how much I liked at first to imagine Luke training Rey, however I think now that hearing again lines like: There is no try, It surrounds us...blah, blah, blah would be highly repetitive.
There is also one reason why I really do think that speculation could be legit: Kylo needs time to get his redemption, hence character development needs screen time as well.
That s why I find this speculation very, very interesting. And I do wonder what else Jason knows and speculates although is not ready yet to spill in public.
@Darth_Awakened

I agree having Luke train Rey would be too much like the ESB plus it would be more in character for Luke not to want to train Rey and it would make her conforntation with Kylo more frightening since Rey would not have had any training prior to that.It would also makes sense why daisy said she doesn't think Rey's a Jedi.It would also surprise some of the audience since they'll likely go expecting a Reywalker reveal or Rey training with Luke.
I could  also see Kylo and KOR trying to find the Jedi tample before Luke and just when Luke is about to accept training Rey they meet with Kylo.
But honestly I'm not even sure Rey wants to become a Jedi or expects Luke to train her.The impression I got was that she went to Arch Too to bring him back to the Resistance because they need him hence why she gave him back the Skywalker lightsaber.Even if she wanted to train with him I don't think she would believe there's any time for that right now consisdering the fact that the Resiatnce and the FO are at war with each other and Leia needs her brother.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:44

Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89
Training could be brief and end with him being ordered to go after whatever is in the Jedi temple. Like @Darth Dingbat it could be info Snoke was withholding until Kylo passed his Han slaying test. Or Kylo could receive whatever training Snoke has, then go Ronin for the FJT himself since "finding Skywalker" seemed to fall under personal interests. Competition during relic hunting would fit well with RJ referencing Raiders of the Lost Ark as a movie he watched in prep for VIII. I really think whatever is there is available under one circumstance though, and that's if Rey and Kylo access it together.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:51

@CienaRee wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

I agree having Luke train Rey would be too much like the ESB plus it would be more in character for Luke not to want to train Rey and it would make her conforntation with Kylo more frightening since Rey would not have had any training prior to that.It would also makes sense why daisy said she doesn't think Rey's a Jedi.It would also surprise some of the audience since they'll likely go expecting a Reywalker reveal or Rey training with Luke.
I could  also see Kylo and KOR trying to find the Jedi tample before Luke and just when Luke is about to accept training Rey they meet with Kylo.
But honestly I'm not even sure Rey wants to become a Jedi or expects Luke to train her.The impression I got was that she went to Arch Too to bring him back to the Resistance because they need him hence why she gave him back the Skywalker lightsaber.Even if she wanted to train with him I don't think she would believe there's any time for that right now consisdering the fact that the Resiatnce and the FO are at war with each other and Leia needs her brother.
@CienaRee

I agree, especially with bolded. You could be right on it.
Everybody was like: yes, she surely went to Luke to become a Jedi.
The fact is that we really do not know Rey s wishes at this point - we only know that Leia wants her brother back, and that Maz told Rey lightsaber was Luke s.
Moreover, there is also MSW s rumor on reluctant Rey.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:55

@Darth Dingbat- that's a good point about Snoke's "training" maybe actually being some powerful information/knowledge Snoke is now willing to provide Kylo, rather than typical Force training. It would be a new take on it since I know many people are expecting some dark side version of Yoda's Dagobah training. Rolling Eyes

@Darth_Awakened- agreed that if Kylo comes to Ahch-to straight out the gate in Epsiode VIII, that bodes well for redemption because he's getting early contact and development with Rey and Luke. There's only so much fighting they can do. If they meet again so soon, it's got to be for a reason and it's definitely going to impact the finale.

Last edited by Kessel89 on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:56; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:56

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@CienaRee

I agree, especially with bolded. You could be right on it.
Everybody was like: yes, she surely went to Luke to become a Jedi.
The fact is that we really do not know Rey s wishes at this point - we only know that Leia wants her brother back, and that Maz told Rey lightsaber was Luke s.
Moreover, there is also MSW s rumor on reluctant Rey.

@Darth_Awakened

What if Luke tells Rey he would train her onyl if she passes a test which would be killing Kylo similary to what Yoda told Luke about killing Vader to become a true Jedi.If Snoke orders Kylo to do the same to complete his training this could be yet another paralelle between them.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 4:57

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89
Training could be brief and end with him being ordered to go after whatever is in the Jedi temple. Like @Darth Dingbat it could be info Snoke was withholding until Kylo passed his Han slaying test. Or Kylo could receive whatever training Snoke has, then go Ronin for the FJT himself since "finding Skywalker" seemed to fall under personal interests. Competition during relic hunting would fit well with RJ referencing Raiders of the Lost Ark as a movie he watched in prep for VIII. I really think whatever is there is available under one circumstance though, and that's if Rey and Kylo access it together.
@MeadowofAshes

Maybe they are the key to find the holy grail of the force, together they can balance it.
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 5:04

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Kessel89
@MeadowofAshes

Yes, I would love this scenario! I think it would be a really interesting and original take on the ST.

There's got to be a reason why the first Jedi Temple is so important...
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 5:18

@CienaRee wrote:But honestly I'm not even sure Rey wants to become a Jedi or expects Luke to train her.The impression I got was that she went to Arch Too to bring him back to the Resistance because they need him hence why she gave him back the Skywalker lightsaber.Even if she wanted to train with him I don't think she would believe there's any time for that right now consisdering the fact that the Resiatnce and the FO are at war with each other and Leia needs her brother.
@CienaRee

This is just speculation, but what if, while on Anch-to, Rey becomes aware that she and Kylo have some sort of connection and realises that he can track her down anywhere and is in fact coming. Then it makes the confrontation inevitable and maybe forces Luke into training her even though he might be reluctant to at first and Rey might not even want to become a Jedi.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 30 Jul 2016 - 5:19

And there's this old thing again: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/680535/star-wars-episode-VIII-rey-jedi-luke-father-The-One-trees-Yoda-temple-dark-side

Which sounds hokey on its face. That dialogue is... no. Yoda being there? Eh... They were brother and sister before but in this lifetime (I think we're all in agreement on this one) Kylo is romantically interested in her - that's not actually all that strange in the realm of reincarnation because they're not actually siblings in the current incarnation but it might be a bit strange for the audience.

But if you consider the big picture, the "story of a boy and a girl", One Boy and The Girl, they sense a familiar energy in each other, the Jedi were looking for the Chosen One who was not Anakin as it turns out, the dark side awakening in the villain and the light in the heroine (so the Force choosing its champions), Kylo killing Han then trying to be Rey's teacher... This might not just be the story of Ben Solo's redemption on the small scale but on the grand scale as well; the story of One Boy repeating history but this time being led back to the light by The Girl and from there they can create the New Jedi together.

So what could this mean for the possibility of Kylo and the Knights coming to Ahch-To early on? It could fit in with Kylo possibly being ordered by Snoke to destroy whatever is in that temple. Kylo is the "Jedi Killer"; Pablo says he thought finishing what Vader started meant killing all the Jedi. In the supposed leak referenced above the boy kills his parents and leaves the planet in grief while the girl's teachings begin the Jedi. If Kylo's current goal is to wipe out the Jedi, this might reflect a subconscious need to eradicate the very thing he blames for the girl's death. (Kylo blames Finn for his no good, very bad day; the boy blamed the tree/Force/planet/parents for the girl's death). So he and the Knights come to Ahch-To to destroy what's in the Temple/the tree and Rey has to get there first. Luke gets tied up with the Knights, Kylo and Rey are left to reach the goal.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum