ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Gemini on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 5:57 am

Hang on wait what

Pablo says Tom hardy should play obi wan right? I know he's joking but...I'm confused now Tom hardy is in the next episode?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 6:20 am

@Gemini wrote:Hang on wait what

Pablo says Tom hardy should play obi wan right? I know he's joking but...I'm confused now Tom hardy is in the next episode?
@Gemini

I think he was just referring to the joke somebody else made about an Obi-Wan anthology film being like Mad Max on Tatooine? Or something.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 6:22 am

Ah right only part of that tweet I saw was that tweet as a joke part not the other part

I wonder who Tom will be playing.i also can't imagine him in Star Wars for some reason lol.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 6:25 am

Kessel89 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:Listening to newest rebel grrl podcast and Amanda says that Jason thinks (not clear if it's informed by a source or just his own headcanon) that the movie could open with the ship crashing on Ahch-to. This is surprising to me because wouldn't that be Kylo's arrival, that we previously heard would be in the second act? Or is the idea that somehow the KoR arrive before their master. They were talking about it in context of the movie opening with no time jump after vii.

Around 1 hour 15 mark http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/episode-41-makingstarwars-nets-rebel-grrrl/
@BastilaBey

Interesting, I wonder why he thinks that...I always kind of expected Kylo and the KOR's arrival on Ahch-to to happen at the end of Act I, at the very earliest; not the beginning of the movie.  That would give Rey and Luke some time to themselves before Kylo comes stomping in (god, I love his stomping btw...).

However, I guess it could maybe work if Kylo and the KOR don't locate/confront Rey and Luke right after their crash? Especially if they land on a different island first? Maybe they're on Ahch-to not just looking for Rey and Luke, but also the Jedi temple as well? Maybe the two groups don't meet until after Kylo and the KOR have been there for a little while?

One issue with that would be, what about Kylo's training with Snoke? For the above scenario to work, I think Kylo would have to leave his training early/before completion.
@Kessel89
Training could be brief and end with him being ordered to go after whatever is in the Jedi temple. Like @Darth Dingbat it could be info Snoke was withholding until Kylo passed his Han slaying test. Or Kylo could receive whatever training Snoke has, then go Ronin for the FJT himself since "finding Skywalker" seemed to fall under personal interests. Competition during relic hunting would fit well with RJ referencing Raiders of the Lost Ark as a movie he watched in prep for VIII. I really think whatever is there is available under one circumstance though, and that's if Rey and Kylo access it together.
@MeadowofAshes

Yes, I would love this scenario! I think it would be a really interesting and original take on the ST.

There's got to be a reason why the first Jedi Temple is so important...
@Kessel89

If the movie starts with a ship landing/crashing on Ach-To with Kylo & Knights of Ren I think this will be used as dream/force vision between Rey and Kylo ( she and he wake up on different sides of the Galaxy) ...and later this event will actually take place with some different alterations.
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 8:20 am

Does anyone know the timeline enough to know if Ben Solo's birth coincided with the Battle of Jakku that finally finished the Empire? He seems to have been born one year after the Battle of Endor, and the Battle of Jakku was one year and four days after Endor.

Not sure that this is important, but it does mean that the baby was coming into existence at just the point when characters from the Imperial side were looking for a new plan...
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 8:42 am

@Jakku wrote:Does anyone know the timeline enough to know if Ben Solo's birth coincided with the Battle of Jakku that finally finished the Empire? He seems to have been born one year after the Battle of Endor, and the Battle of Jakku was one year and four days after Endor.

Not sure that this is important, but it does mean that the baby was coming into existence at just the point when characters from the Imperial side were looking for a new plan...
@Jakku

I think Chuck Wendig's Aftermath: Empire's End might answer that. It's going to feature the Battle of Jakku and Leia is quite advanced in her pregnancy with Ben in Aftermath: Life Debt, so it's a possibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

@Darth_Awakened I totally agree. We all have ESB training goggles and expect Rey/Luke training and Kylo/Snoke training.

However, it would be totally in character for Kylo to run after Rey right away. Escape Hux, gather KoR and just go there to retrieve his runaway bride. After what transpired between them on the cliff, it makes perfect sense that:

a) he would go to her himself ASAP

b) he would not sit on his butt spreading a net that should catch Finn as a bait for Rey (LOL anyone who's thinking that Kylo "Whatever crosses my mind is the big plan atm" Ren has patience for that)

Finn doesn't exist in his equation. Those who expect ESB rehash think that Kylo views Finn as a threat/important to Rey. Kylo doesn't care about Finn's existence or lack thereof. To him, it's only Rey that matters/exists (which is why Rogue!Kylo and Finn Team Up would be delicious) 

But anyway, lets examine this new piece of information. Opening with a crash:

a) MF either has tracking device or Kylo saw the map in Rey's mind during the Force sex (and we know that the nerd memorized the rest of the map from the archives of the Empire, lmao!) 

b) Kylo didn't receive proper medical attention so he's still bleeding and probably lost consciousness thus crashing the ship

c) ship crashes far from where Luke is so it takes awhile for the drunken Knights party to reach their targets giving Luke and Rey time to do some training/temple sightseeing (Jason mentioned "last temple they were visiting" as the place where they run into Snow Kylo and 7 KoR (make that 6 KoR and a Salad Bowl)

d) bad*** Luke vs KoR and Wuthering Reylo fights

e) Rey in the water and whatever happens after

f) Space Chicken?

g) Exploding Hut?

h) Rey in a holding cell?

So, what I'm getting from this is that Kylo wouldn't see Snoke if he ran after Rey right away. Which means that Snoke would send some FO after Kylo either to save him from Luke and Rey or capture all 3 or kill them all (exploding hut = canon fire?). or maybe Snoke would show up personally cause, after all, there's MoFo Skywalker and unusually strong in the Force gurrrl who awakened and bewitched Kylo and than there's Kylo who does whatever pops on his mind atm and that's very tricky when the guy's as powerful af. So yeah, I could see some bigger showdown at the end with FO forces, Snoke coming and the FS trio fighting together or against each other in whatever combination.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 11:47 am

Very interesting. Based on how he was in TFA, I can easily see Kylo taking off after Rey, Luke, and the first Jedi temple as soon as he figures out where it was--either by tracking the Falcon, or from getting the map from Rey during Force sex, or from using his google-fu skills in the Imperial archives to identify the island/planet that he saw in Rey's mind. This scenario, I think increases the chance that we've got a Rogue! Kylo--I can't see him sticking around to finish training once he knows Rey's/Luke's/the temple's location.

(Unless the "finish his training" is a test of killing Rey/Luke, as others have speculated.)

I think it also makes sense that he and the KoR arrive before they big confrontation. We know from the Ireland shoot that there were scenes of figures in black walking on hills, the masked Kylo walking up a hill, etc. Sounds like the ship may have crashed some distance from where Luke and Rey are.

I don't think it necessarily makes sense that the crash opens the movie itself. I think that they'd want to set some context and have at least the initial Rey/Luke scene (following on from the teaser) before the ship crash. The ship crashing early DOES fit with the storm we see rolling in in the teaser.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 11:56 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Very interesting. Based on how he was in TFA, I can easily see Kylo taking off after Rey, Luke, and the first Jedi temple as soon as he figures out where it was--either by tracking the Falcon, or from getting the map from Rey during Force sex, or from using his google-fu skills in the Imperial archives to identify the island/planet that he saw in Rey's mind. This scenario, I think increases the chance that we've got a Rogue! Kylo--I can't see him sticking around to finish training once he knows Rey's/Luke's/the temple's location.

(Unless the "finish his training" is a test of killing Rey/Luke, as others have speculated.)

I think it also makes sense that he and the KoR arrive before they big confrontation. We know from the Ireland shoot that there were scenes of figures in black walking on hills, the masked Kylo walking up a hill, etc. Sounds like the ship may have crashed some distance from where Luke and Rey are.

I don't think it necessarily makes sense that the crash opens the movie itself. I think that they'd want to set some context and have at least the initial Rey/Luke scene (following on from the teaser) before the ship crash. The ship crashing early DOES fit with the storm we see rolling in in the teaser.
@ISeeAnIsland

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. We know that certain time passes between: Rey/Kylo escape from SKB and Rey reaching Luke. Now, the movie makes it look like it all happened within few minutes but it has to be few hours at least because:

Resistance had time to view the map

Leia had time to get new hairdo and doll up in a mourning dress

Novelization indicates that Rey and Leia spent time talking

Hyperspace flight may look like 3 second thing but it's actually longer 

So opening crawl could basically fill us in about what Kylo, FO and Resistance did after Rey reached Luke. FO gathered forces cause they know where Resistance is, Kylo flipped the bird to Hux and took off with KoR, Snoke pulling his hair over the report about wedding, etc
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 11:59 am

hey, guys, there's a super interesting new spoiler from MSW in the Podcast thread. Since it's hard to jump from one to another, we are currently discussing it here:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t218p625-discussion-podcasts#72412

Jason thinks that VIII will open with - ta-da - Kylo/KoR ship crashing on Ahch-to!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:01 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Very interesting. Based on how he was in TFA, I can easily see Kylo taking off after Rey, Luke, and the first Jedi temple as soon as he figures out where it was--either by tracking the Falcon, or from getting the map from Rey during Force sex, or from using his google-fu skills in the Imperial archives to identify the island/planet that he saw in Rey's mind. This scenario, I think increases the chance that we've got a Rogue! Kylo--I can't see him sticking around to finish training once he knows Rey's/Luke's/the temple's location.

@ISeeAnIsland

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. We know that certain time passes between: Rey/Kylo escape from SKB and Rey reaching Luke. Now, the movie makes it look like it all happened within few minutes but it has to be few hours at least because:

Resistance had time to view the map

Leia had time to get new hairdo and doll up in a mourning dress

Novelization indicates that Rey and Leia spent time talking

Hyperspace flight may look like 3 second thing but it's actually longer 

So opening crawl could basically fill us in about what Kylo, FO and Resistance did after Rey reached Luke. FO gathered forces cause they know where Resistance is, Kylo flipped the bird to Hux and took off with KoR, Snoke pulling his hair over the report about wedding, etc
@vaderito

Another thing to add to the list of things showing that time passed between SKB and Rey leaving for Ahch-To:

* C-3PO had time to get his red arm replaced with his usual gold arm.

And I would suspect that you're probably right about what the opening crawl will be telling us.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:02 pm

@vaderito wrote:hey, guys, there's a super interesting new spoiler from MSW in the Podcast thread. Since it's hard to jump from one to another, we are currently discussing it here:

Jason thinks that VIII will open with - ta-da - Kylo/KoR ship crashing on Ahch-to!
@vaderito
It sounds to me like we might see the ship crash in the opening scene before being brought backwards to Rey holding the saber in order to explore how things transpired to that point. Rian and others have said again and again that the story will start right after the end of TFA, so no time-skip. That seems like the most likely interpretation of this news.

Is this just a guess of Jason's or does he have a source?

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

Oh that is lovely! I'm actually watching TFA at the moment, but I will check it out when I'm done!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:04 pm

Agreed with most part @vaderito and @ISeeAnIsland

Though keep in mind that we do not know exactly how much time passed between SK and Rey leaving the Resistance base.
Kylo (given his strength could have been recovered properly and have some time to contact Snoke).

However, it is definitely in his character to act on impulse and go after Rey immediately.

Btw, following the leaks (those who seem legit) I am becoming like 100 % sure that two plots would not interfere up until very end of EP. 8.

EDIT: @ISeeAnIsland was faster.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:06 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:hey, guys, there's a super interesting new spoiler from MSW in the Podcast thread. Since it's hard to jump from one to another, we are currently discussing it here:

@vaderito
It sounds to me like we might see the ship crash in the opening scene before being brought backwards to Rey holding the saber in order to explore how things transpired to that point. Rian and others have said again and again that the story will start right after the end of TFA, so no time-skip. That seems like the most likely interpretation of this news.

@FrolickingFizzgig

or maybe opening crawl explains it and Kylo spends more time on Ahch-to than we expected? It makes sense to me that he would go after her right away. It's Kylo. There's never a plan but whatever he feels at the moment. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

@vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

@FrolickingFizzgig

or maybe opening crawl explains it and Kylo spends more time on Ahch-to than we expected? It makes sense to me that he would go after her right away. It's Kylo. There's never a plan but whatever he feels at the moment. Laughing
@vaderito
I'm just going off Rian saying the film starts immediately after TFA (i.e. no time-skip).
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig Kylo shipwreck wouldn't be time skip.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:10 pm

Guys, should we ask mods to move this discussion into spoilers/rumors thread.

I definitely think it is worth of it.
I know it is based on something Jason speculates however he probably know something more of it + I totally see that info does make sense with everything we heard so far.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:10 pm

@vaderito wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig Kylo shipwreck wouldn't be time skip.
@vaderito
I find it hard to believe Rey and Luke won't spend any time together alone before Kylo shows up, but I guess we'll see. It would be a time-skip in my books because it's just bizarre to imagine Rey walking up to Luke, and at the exact same time Kylo crashing. Like lol? We need to see how he found the island, which could be explained in a brief "he saw it in her head during the snow fight".
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:16 pm

@vaderito
I find it hard to believe Rey and Luke won't spend any time together alone before Kylo shows up, but I guess we'll see. It would be a time-skip in my books because it's just bizarre to imagine Rey walking up to Luke, and at the exact same time Kylo crashing. Like lol? We need to see how he found the island, which could be explained in a brief "he saw it in her head during the snow fight".
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think that opening may be that we see Luke and Rey and those clouds gathering and than the crash. And they won't crash right there because Jason says that the fight seems to take place at the site of the last temple that Rey and Luke are visiting. So it's possible that 2 things happen - Rey arrives at Luke's and Kylo crashes somewhere on the planet. Both sides spend some time separated - Luke and Rey do sightseeing, Kylo and KoR cure hangover, try to find the way to the First Jedi Temple cause that's where the map points. So they all run into each other there. But them crashing at about same time makes sense because time has passed between SKB turning into the sun and Rey reaching Luke. We just didn't see what Kylo was doing (likely flipping off Hux, stealing the ship, going off on his own or Snoke txt'd him not to forget to kill people while on R&R).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:19 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Guys, should we ask mods to move this discussion into spoilers/rumors thread.

I definitely think it is worth of it.
I know it is based on something Jason speculates however he probably know something more of it + I totally see that info does make sense with everything we heard so far.
@Darth_Awakened

Info makes sense especially given that his spoilers so far point out at Kylo getting there early, end of the first act or earlier (beginning). Definitely not third act garbage that Helmet Fake-o is feeding the gullible.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:20 pm

Just to add that I'm not surprised if Kylo comes to Ahch-To early. In fact I'm quite proud of myself because I predicted that several months ago in the Episode VIII General Discussion thread Wink I even said he would come in the first act and I doubt we'll be seeing any training montages. *smugface*

I'd just be surprised if the film opens with the KOR crashing because I kind of expected the Ahch-To sequence to start with Luke and Rey => talking, doing whatever they do => ominous stormclouds begin to gather => storm => KOR crash. I guess I'm thinking that a thunderstorm would be a logical cause for a crash.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:20 pm

It seems like it's speculation at this point, but I can totally believe they arrive early on in the movie. I think it's more likely the opening scene will be Rey handing the lightsaber to Luke since there is no time jump, but we'll see. The island is big, they might crash in another place and it could take time before Kylo & company get to Luke & Rey. I definitely don't think they'll see each other right away for tension build up reasons, but what we can take from all this is: the confrontation is not reserved for Act 3/Rey and Kylo will likely spend a lot of time together = character development/evolution of feelings/unlikely allies (hopefully in some type of relic hunting/adventure). It all sounds good. Smile

I agree the sooner Kylo arrives, the better. Currently the order of events once they meet is as follows (in my head): ship crash/confrontation (rain scene 1)/hut scene (rain scene 2)/sth else later on (related to the weird creature?). The creature looks nothing like the space horse btw and I don't really expect the two subplots to converge until the very end (and Kylo/Rey might not be present).

Also, we can't be sure if Rey will get any training and Luke doesn't look very eager. Don't forget the line: "I don't know if I'm a Jedi."

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:22 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Just to add that I'm not surprised if Kylo comes to Ahch-To early. In fact I'm quite proud of myself because I predicted that several months ago in the Episode VIII General Discussion thread Wink I even said he would come in the first act and I doubt we'll be seeing any training montages. *smugface*

I'd just be surprised if the film opens with the KOR crashing because I kind of expected the Ahch-To sequence to start with Luke and Rey => talking, doing whatever they do => ominous stormclouds begin to gather => storm => KOR crash. I guess I'm thinking that a thunderstorm would be a logical cause for a crash.
@Darth Dingbat

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 38 Whitney_receipts
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:23 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think that opening may be that we see Luke and Rey and those clouds gathering and than the crash. And they won't crash right there because Jason says that the fight seems to take place at the site of the last temple that Rey and Luke are visiting. So it's possible that 2 things happen - Rey arrives at Luke's and Kylo crashes somewhere on the planet. Both sides spend some time separated - Luke and Rey do sightseeing, Kylo and KoR cure handover, try to find the way to the First Jedi Temple cause that's where the map points. So they all run into each other there. But them crashing at about same time makes sense because time has passed between SKB turning into the sun and Rey reaching Luke. We just didn't see what Kylo was doing (likely flipping off Hux, stealing the ship, going off on his own or Snoke txt'd him not to forget to kill people while on R&R).
@vaderito
Kylo's cell in Episode VIII:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 38 3oebc
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum