ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 0:20

@spacebaby45678 wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 5 Tumblr_ob6x97fVhR1v3o2r3o1_540

The whole tweetconvo in context, Pablo is actually answering someone bitching about a Han Solo trilogy and complaining that it does not open the universe to new characters then in the next breath asking for an Obi Wan standalone. I think he was trying to be ironic...

I am looking for the tweet, or portion of the conversation where Pablos says there is no Obi Wan movie in the works or planning, maybe someone can help me.
@spacebaby45678

Pablo dismissed the idea of an Obi-Wan stand alone movie months ago (like February-ish time). Someone asked about it and PH expressed surprise about folks being desperate to see the life of a hermit in the desert for 20 years.

Ewan McGregor has also got a bit ticked off with being asked about it in interviews. The other month he said he was proud of being part of Star Wars and would be open to doing more but there was nothing planned. I know people will say he's just trying to deflect speculation, but he did sound genuinely fed up about being repeatedly asked if he's doing it.

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 1 Aug - 0:32

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 5 Tumblr_ob6x97fVhR1v3o2r3o1_540

The whole tweetconvo in context, Pablo is actually answering someone bitching about a Han Solo trilogy and complaining that it does not open the universe to new characters then in the next breath asking for an Obi Wan standalone. I think he was trying to be ironic...

I am looking for the tweet, or portion of the conversation where Pablos says there is no Obi Wan movie in the works or planning, maybe someone can help me.
@spacebaby45678

Pablo dismissed the idea of an Obi-Wan stand alone movie months ago (like February-ish time). Someone asked about it and PH expressed surprise about folks being desperate to see the life of a hermit in the desert for 20 years.

Ewan McGregor has also got a bit ticked off with being asked about it in interviews. The other month he said he was proud of being part of Star Wars and would be open to doing more but there was nothing planned. I know people will say he's just trying to deflect speculation, but he did sound genuinely fed up about being repeatedly asked if he's doing it.
@Mrs Ben Solo
Exactly. It's quite true that he never said he was against the idea. He was just dismissive because he thought it was obvious (as in stated in the OT) that Obi-Wan did nothing but live the life of a hermit watching over his friend's son for two decades. You can see sometimes that being aware of future stories makes him less sympathetic toward people suggesting certain ideas, such as Obi-Wan having had a kid in the 20 years he was on Tattouine. We pretty much have that answer already (and have since the 70's). Pablo probably figured it was pretty clear Obi-Wan didn't exactly have the most exciting life after the fall of the Jedi order. He wasn't off adventuring or meeting women with which to father children, he was hermiting away in the middle of a desert. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 1:05

I think that's pretty much it @FrolickingFizzgig There's a lot of love for Obi-Wan Kenobi out there and I don't believe Pablo meant any disrespect to the character or his fans. I used to be of a mind that a creative writer could weave some kind of story around Obi-Wan's Tatooine years. He could have uncovered and foiled plots against Luke. There is also the force ghost stuff he learned from Qui-Gon. But it's limited by the events of the OT and because he was stuck on one planet. Much as I love Obi-Wan, I'm not sure there would be enough material to sustain a stand alone without maybe resorting to flashbacks and such. I hope they do find a way to use Ewan McGregor in a future anthology movie or in the ST, but I won't be holding my breath!

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 on Mon 1 Aug - 2:09

It seem nothing much story Lucasfilm can tell about Obi Wan hermit life but i do wanna see how he adopted his alias "Ben". Is anybody know what canon explanation why he changed his name ? I mean Luke called him Ben and the rest like Leia who never set foot in tatooine and someone who know him a long time like Vader and Yoda called him Obi Wan. Only explanation i can think of why he changed his name is to avoid detection of imperial but still he even not bother to changed Luke last name only Leia got that treatment. Also Ewan Mcgregor is in perfect age to play Obi Wan it seem missed opportunity if they didn't make Obi Wan spin off and Ben name become much more important now because Leia used it as her son name . I do wonder how it origin

Last edited by creepi0 on Mon 1 Aug - 10:17; edited 2 times in total
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 3:00

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

Please I would love to actually see that tweet. Pablo seems to be saying that people are taking his comments out of context
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 3:14

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

Please I would love to actually see that tweet. Pablo seems to be saying that people are taking his comments out of context
@spacebaby45678

I don't know how to search that far back for old tweets. To be fair, he's never outright said there wouldn't be an Obi-Wan movie, he just said 20 years in the life of a desert hermit would make for dull viewing.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 3:20

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

@spacebaby45678

I don't know how to search that far back for old tweets. To be fair, he's never outright said there wouldn't be an Obi-Wan movie, he just said 20 years in the life of a desert hermit would make for dull viewing.
@Mrs Ben Solo
Do you know when he said that? Approximately? Maybe I can find it or someone can help us...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 3:22

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo
Do you know when he said that? Approximately? Maybe I can find it or someone can help us...
@spacebaby45678

Maybe February or March, it was quite a while ago. The more recent drama seems to centre around the tweets that have already been posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 3:31

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

Please  I would love to actually see that tweet.  Pablo seems to be saying that people are taking his comments out of context
@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo
Do you know when he said that? Approximately?  Maybe I can find it or someone can help us...
@spacebaby45678

Maybe February or March, it was quite a while ago. The more recent drama seems to centre around the tweets that have already been posted.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Great! I will see what I can come up with from that time. I posted the full conversation from the last couple of days and clearly people where taking him out of context. Hense Pablos own confusion.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 4:09

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

Please  I would love to actually see that tweet.  Pablo seems to be saying that people are taking his comments out of context
@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo
Do you know when he said that? Approximately?  Maybe I can find it or someone can help us...
@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

Great! I will see what I can come up with from that time. I posted the full conversation from the last couple of days and clearly people where taking him out of context. Hense Pablos own confusion.
@spacebaby45678

I found this tweet from January https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/685585625995587584 There was definitely another one like that from around March time, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it got deleted for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 4:25

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo
@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo

@spacebaby45678

I found this tweet from January https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/685585625995587584 There was definitely another one like that from around March time, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it got deleted for some reason.
@Mrs Ben Solo

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/759638549897486336?lang=en

pablo just said yesterday he was not implying that a kenobi stand alone was not being explored,,, link

http://thereykenobifiles.tumblr.com/image/148275604316
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 4:28

if you read that tweet from january in context, pablo is saying a "trilogy" of kenobi would be a lot of sitting around,,, and i agree 100%
1 kenobi standalone is adequate
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 4:37

@spacebaby45678 wrote:if you read that tweet from january in context, pablo is saying a "trilogy" of kenobi would be a lot of sitting around,,, and i agree 100%
@spacebaby45678

Yeah, he's never outright dismissed the idea of an Obi-Wan anthology movie as far as I'm aware.

Maybe there will be more anthology announcements at next year's Celebration. Could be that Disney/LF want to gauge interest and see how Rogue One performs at the box office before committing to more. I believe George Lucas had ideas for around seven stand alone movies when he sold up to Disney. They went with Rogue One first because it was the most fully formed of all his treatments. GL never planned an Obi-Wan movie that I know of, but that doesn't mean it's off the table. Pablo said in response to the recent furore that people seem to think the Han Solo movie stole Obi-Wan's spot, but that's not the case at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 4:46

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:if you read that tweet from january in context, pablo is saying a "trilogy" of kenobi would be a lot of sitting around,,, and i agree 100%
@spacebaby45678

Yeah, he's never outright dismissed the idea of an Obi-Wan anthology movie as far as I'm aware.

Maybe there will be more anthology announcements at next year's Celebration. Could be that Disney/LF want to gauge interest and see how Rogue One performs at the box office before committing to more. I believe George Lucas had ideas for around seven stand alone movies when he sold up to Disney. They went with Rogue One first because it was the most fully formed of all his treatments. GL never planned an Obi-Wan movie that I know of, but that doesn't mean it's off the table. Pablo said in response to the recent furore that people seem to think the Han Solo movie stole Obi-Wan's spot, but that's not the case at all.
@Mrs Ben Solo

An Obi Wan standalone has always been a part of the convo at LF, along with Han, Bobo fett, Rogue One... George called Ewan personally before he sold LF to disney make of it what you will...Obi Wan's popularity has nothing to do with a potential Rey Kenobi... Obi is loved as is Ewan...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 4:49

I love Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan! I'd so be there to see him on screen again.

Daisy Ridley has won the Teen Choice Breakout Star Award https://twitter.com/beautifulcelebz/status/759937782840172544 She collected it in person.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 1 Aug - 4:50

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I love Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan! I'd so be there to see him on screen again.

Daisy Ridley has won the Teen Choice Breakout Star Award https://twitter.com/beautifulcelebz/status/759937782840172544 She collected it in person.
@Mrs Ben Solo

She looks amazing in that shot!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 1 Aug - 4:51

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@Mrs Ben Solo
I would like an Obi-Wan standalone someday, but if there's really no story to tell about Obi-Wan in the desert then that's just the way it is. I would kind of rather they didn't mess with that time-period anyway, but would love to see Ewan somehow brought back to play Obi somewhere! As much as I am super skeptical about the whole Rey Kenobi thing I'm crossing my fingers in the hopes of seeing him as a Force Ghost in VIII or IX. Obi-Wan is probably my favourite SW character right after Kylo!

All that said, I wouldn't old my breath as far as some kind of film explaining Rey's parentage goes. That'll be in the ST, Kenobi-related or otherwise. I can see why hoping for it to be handled in a standalone makes sense, but I just can't see them doing that.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 1 Aug - 4:58; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 1 Aug - 4:54

They should do a standalone for Obi Wan and Satine!!!! that would be interesting!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 1 Aug - 4:56

@Mana wrote:They should do a standalone for Obi Wan and Satine!!!! that would be interesting!!
@Mana
They even have a villain already in Maul if they can somehow make sense of him being alive again without making it seem totally "wtf?" to the majority of the audience, but I think this is the kind of thing that might be better handled in Rebels, where Maul has already been introduced.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 1 Aug - 5:06

I'd give my eyeballs to have Ewan McGregor with Cate Blanchett as Satine Kryze in a movie. They'd rock it.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 1 Aug - 9:24

I'm still sceptical of an Obi-wan movie of his time on Tatooine.....but what I would LOVE to watch is the time Obi-wan was Qui-Gon's padawan and their adventures as a standalone movie....this time period had a lot of interesting stuff going on and we could see many worlds in the galaxy...so this story could deal with the following:

- Qui Gon could meet the shaman of the whills, learn about life after death and meet the force priestesses on their force planet (a visual delight)

- Obi-wan could meet Satine while visiting Mandalore on jedi business, fall for Satine and question whether to leave to jedi order or remain. (the romance)

- Palpatine could be simultaneously training under Plagueis and finally kill him off to become the master. (the future super villain)

Palps and Qui Gon/Obiwan's stories need not even necessarily cross much.....except for common players like bounty hunters and assassins....or Qui Gon sensing a disturbance.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 1 Aug - 11:58

Actually I think a space western with obi wan on tattooine would be really cool good

Ewan is to old to play a padawan now, that means a new Obi Wan Kenobi would need to be cast, not.going.to happen.
Ewan & Cate are to old to play Clone War era Obi & Satine.. remember their romance happens between AOTC & ROTS

A space western has so many emotional beats to play... a toddler or young Luke... OMG the cuteness!
Order 66.. the horror
Darth hunting and killing sith
maybe even a vision/nightmare of young Rey being abandoned and Obi not understanding what it means but the audience would... pretty cool!
Obi playing a yojimbo like character with magic jedi powers seems cool to me
Maul coming to kill Luke but Obi finally killing and saving Luke unlike Jinn & Satine would be emotionally satisfying
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 1 Aug - 15:08

I see that Adam Driver also won a Teen Choice Award for Best Movie Villain. https://twitter.com/teenchoicedata/status/759952072221437953 He didn't collect it in person, though, like Daisy. Still, nice to see Adam and Daisy winning awards again after their MTV wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 1 Aug - 16:27

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I see that Adam Driver also won a Teen Choice Award for Best Movie Villain. https://twitter.com/teenchoicedata/status/759952072221437953 He didn't collect it in person, though, like Daisy. Still, nice to see Adam and Daisy winning awards again after their MTV wins.
@Mrs Ben Solo

They are not going to have them together at those events, nope.

I still hope that Annie Leibowitz took some amazing photos of them in Ireland even if MH is on them too.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 1 Aug - 16:45

I am so proud of Teen Choice Awards for getting it right!

Hopefully reassurance for Adam that he just nailed it, and is an incredible actor. Same for Daisy, what an amazing way to start her career!

Today a Teen Choice (and MTV, for that matter), tomorrow....AN OSCAR! Jumping
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum