ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 30 Jul - 3:47

Posting this one simply because I thought it was hilarious.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 2 Screen13
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 3:48

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Posting this one simply because I thought it was hilarious.

@ISeeAnIsland

Pablo... lol!

Never change, man...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 30 Jul - 3:49

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Posting this one simply because I thought it was hilarious.

@ISeeAnIsland

LOL! So true though (regarding the "analysis" seen, Tumblr vs. Reddit).
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Sat 30 Jul - 4:12

well, Pablo stalks Tumblr and Reddit...hehehe
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 4:14

@Mana wrote:well, Pablo stalks Tumblr and Reddit...hehehe
@Mana

Which begs the question if he's ever made his way over here to lurk... What a Face
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 30 Jul - 4:20

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

Which begs the question if he's ever made his way over here to lurk... What a Face
@IoJovi

If he has, there's no way that his curiosity hasn't gotten the better of him with regards to the Virgin! Kylo poll/thread.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul - 4:26

Does he even know we exist? He'd have to search Reylo forum for us to pop up at the top. Does he even know that Reylo has a big active forum that isn't just a thread on a bigger SW forum's turf?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 4:28

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

@IoJovi

If he has, there's no way that his curiosity hasn't gotten the better of him with regards to the Virgin! Kylo poll/thread.
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh I'm SURE he knows it's a huge question that's looming over the entire franchise, dwarfing even the mystery of Rey's parentage.  Laughing

We'll never know his thoughts on the subject, but I would pay large $$$ to know what they are after he read that thread...

@vaderito We'll never know the answer to that question either. But it's fun to speculate...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 30 Jul - 4:32

@Darth Dingbat wrote:@Lily Snape: Your spoilers are uncovered! But thank you. That's very interesting indeed.
@Darth Dingbat

Oh phooey. OK, I need to figure this out. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 30 Jul - 4:33

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

Oh I'm SURE he knows it's a huge question that's looming over the entire franchise, dwarfing even the mystery of Rey's parentage.  Laughing

We'll never know his thoughts on the subject, but I would pay large $$$ to know what they are after he read that thread...

@vaderito We'll never know the answer to that question either. But it's fun to speculate...
@IoJovi

We are also the 4th result that comes up from googling "kylo ren virgin". Evil
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 30 Jul - 4:35

@vaderito wrote:Does he even know we exist? He'd have to search Reylo forum for us to pop up at the top. Does he even know that Reylo has a big active forum that isn't just a thread on a bigger SW forum's turf?
@vaderito

Earlier today, I saw that someone had tagged Pablo on Twitter with a link to this forum. Whether he clicked the link is another matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 4:35

@ISeeAnIsland that is a glorious fun little fact!  I've never tried that, but if you type in Reylo, we are right smack dab in the middle of the first page.  If you type in Reylo forum, we're in the number one spot.

@Mrs Ben Solo You know he clicked on it, even if he'll never state it openly. "Pablo reading Virgin! Kylo threadheadcanon" confirmed.

Last edited by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 4:37; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 30 Jul - 4:36

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

@IoJovi He clarified down the thread that he "never goes there" and someone DM'd him the link. But I bet people have also DM'd him links to various corners of the internet in which his Tweets are discussed. It's not hard to find us if you're looking for the right keywords.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul - 4:36

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Does he even know we exist? He'd have to search Reylo forum for us to pop up at the top. Does he even know that Reylo has a big active forum that isn't just a thread on a bigger SW forum's turf?
@vaderito

Earlier today, I saw that someone had tagged Pablo on Twitter with a link to this forum. Whether he clicked the link is another matter.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Of course he clicked. Everyone clicks. So what was the context of linking?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 30 Jul - 4:38

@vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@vaderito

@Mrs Ben Solo

@vaderito

The link was to the thread about Han Solo and Kylo being weak and foolish like his father. I'm not sure why the person sent PH that tweet. There was no context that I could see.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 4:39

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

@IoJovi He clarified down the thread that he "never goes there" and someone DM'd him the link. But I bet people have also DM'd him links to various corners of the internet in which his Tweets are discussed. It's not hard to find us if you're looking for the right keywords.
@MeadowofAshes

You mean Pablo said he never goes here, or did he mean Tumblr/Reddit?
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul - 4:40

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@vaderito

@Mrs Ben Solo

@vaderito

The link was to the thread about Han Solo and Kylo being weak and foolish like his father. I'm not sure why the person sent PH that tweet. There was no context that I could see.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Probably some anti-Kylo or pro-Kylo thing. Hard to gauge. But doesn't seem to be Reylo related.

@IoJovi "never go there" is ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_nd7yox5uXE1sl21koo1_1280

Gotta appreciate that Kylo carries his saber like his grandpa, hee, hee, hee.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 30 Jul - 4:45

@IoJovi wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

@MeadowofAshes

You mean Pablo said he never goes here, or did he mean Tumblr/Reddit?
@IoJovi Sorry for confusion, he was talking about Reddit.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul - 4:47

@Darth Dingbat wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig:

Well, what I've been talking about isn't necessarily about some secret mission, though as you all know I wouldn't turn up my nose at that, either. (That would depend entirely on the story, which I believe could be told in many different ways.) It's mainly about his reasons for going dark in the first place. That's where I kind of expect to find something more interesting than "woke up one morning in my mid-twenties and decided I should kill everyone standing in my way so I can rule the galaxy".

As in the case of Ulic Qel-Droma - whom I mention a lot because he and Kylo seem to have a lot in common - who joined the Dark Side in order to fight the Dark Side. His fatal flaw was that he arrogantly overestimated his own strength and assumed he could resist corruption. Well, he couldn't, of course. Then he became genuinely dark and, like I said, even killed his own brother (the realisation of which helped snap him out of the darkness, curiously).

Had Kylo been very young when he actually turned, the "under orders of an evil father figure" scenario would have made more sense. As it turned out he wasn't all that young, he had more active choice (unless he's delusional to the point of mental illness, in which case it isn't really a redemption story either? it would be a case of diminished capacity) and he has not only a lot of blood on his hands but also the archetypal crime of patricide that most cultures see as beyond redemption.

You could say that Dumbledore's death is a sort of patricide trope as well (or a similarly archetypal crime) but I don't think Snape's storyline or the death itself was cheapened by the twist at all.

It's definitely not about having "buts" or the message being that sometimes you just gotta kill your father. But then, I don't think the Snape storyline's message was "sometimes you just gotta kill a father figure" either.

Sometimes fictional characters end up in impossible situations for the sake of drama where there are no good choices and no good outcomes. That's tragic and serves a dramatic purpose, but doesn't necessarily have a "message". Sometimes, as in the case of Harry Potter, the act itself has no real message - it's more about the drama and raising the stakes - and the message of the story (and HP definitely has a message of love and loyalty) lies elsewhere.

tl;dr version: As we keep being told that Kylo believes he's doing the right thing, I hope we at least get to see why he believes he's doing the right thing. Otherwise, what's the point? Nobody ever emphasised that Vader believed he was doing the right thing. He was corrupted, he was never that great a person to begin with, and his redemption was still believable. For some reason, it seems to be crucial that Kylo believes he's doing the right thing, so I hope the reason is at least something interesting.

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Zuko - though wrong - didn't actually commit any archetypal, first-circle-of-Dante's-hell type of crime either?
@Darth Dingbat
I wasn't making the comparison between Zuko and Kylo because the characters are actually undeniably similar or because I think their development is going to unfold in the same way (though Aang/Zuko and Rey/Kylo are both light youth/dark youth dynamics). I was just highlighting the difference between a "delusional" anti-villain/redemption story and a "noble cause" anti-villain/redemption story. Snape would fit into the latter category, while Spike and Zuko (and perhaps Kylo)? would both fit into the former. Zuko isn't sympathetic because of what he's doing, he's sympathetic because of how he's being willingly manipulated. It's emotional rather than tactical.

I don't find Kylo similar to Snape at all to be honest. Snape was mostly developed already, and his wasn't even a redemption story. He was already redeemed, just not in Harry's eyes. He wasn't delusional at all. In fact, Harry was wrong about him, not the other way around. They are very different character archetypes. As much as I enjoy Snape, I hope Kylo's story is nothing like his because I don't find characters like Snape as interesting (or unique) as characters like Zuko or Spike. Just my personal preference though. We really don't know what kind of redemption story this is going to be yet, just that it will include the son being "reborn". It could go a hundred different ways or more.

As for cardinal sins, well, Avatar is also much more targeted at "kids" (but completely transcended its target audience), whereas SW is more of a "for everybody" series. You can't really analyze them under the same light in that regard. Zuko betrayed his uncle horribly, a much-loved character, and the main protagonist was nearly electrocuted to death because of this deception. It took a lot for the other characters to trust him, but the point is he realized he was wrong, his father was wrong and the whole Fire Nation was wrong, and he atoned for his mistakes and sins.

And again, I wasn't making the comparison because I think the characters are super similar or comparable. I think it's fair to say Zuko could be considered a more kid-friendly Kylo in a more kid-friendly story. They do have their similarities, right down to being "pathetic comic relief" and terrible at being bad. Zuko is also a perfect example of the sympathetic, emotionally charged (but still totally delusional and wrong) anti-villain.

I think this interpretation of the character follows TFA a lot better, is simple and packs a powerful, emotional punch, and isn't that what SW is all about? This is the Tweets thread, so I'll just say that I don't think Pablo is trying to trick anybody with this tuff. I feel he often tries to encourage people to look at the most accurate interpretations, and this might very well be one of this instances. He constantly describes Kylo as entitled and delusional, compares him to obsessed OT fanboys who want things their way and now this new Tweet about him just wanting to fulfill Vader's dark side ambitions. If we take it at face-value he is undeniably pushing the "delusional" anti-villain trajectory.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 30 Jul - 5:07; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Jul - 4:58

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

Which begs the question if he's ever made his way over here to lurk... :face:
@IoJovi

Had any new users register lately? Lurkers would at least find better fake spoilers and jokes that are actually funny.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Sat 30 Jul - 5:04

nvm

Last edited by jakkusun on Sat 30 Jul - 5:35; edited 1 time in total
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 30 Jul - 5:07

@snufkin wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

@IoJovi

Had any new users register lately? Lurkers would at least find better fake spoilers and jokes that are actually funny.
@snufkin

Yes, we are that hip, eclectic neighborhood towards the center of the city that everyone wants to move to, with its multicultural restaurants and nightlife. Reddit is those areas of town you don't really venture to after dark in fear your car might get broken into... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Sat 30 Jul - 5:10

@Lily Snape RE: spoilers showing in previous posts

If you haven't figured it out yet, what you did was you put the text into the "title" of the spoiler, the part that shows on the outside.

you put your info here, in the title's place:
here, in between the brackets, is where text will be hidden
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 30 Jul - 5:18

@snufkin Oh yeah. We are up to 168 members.  cheers

@IoJovi Perfect description.  queen
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Jul - 5:20

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mana

Which begs the question if he's ever made his way over here to lurk... :face:
@IoJovi

@snufkin

Yes, we are that hip, eclectic neighborhood towards the center of the city that everyone wants to move to, with its multicultural restaurants and nightlife.  Reddit is those areas of town you don't really venture to after dark in fear your car might get broken into... :lol:
@IoJovi

Going to Reddit for "spoilers" is like this:

Most of the time when I run across a "he's an emo crybaby wuss and should die for killing Cool Dad Han!" or "Rey shouldn't have a romance because that would make her weak and a bad role model for young girls!" type comments on the Internet, my suspicion is that they're the same people who post on NextDoor.com.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 31 Jul - 2:47; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum