ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 10:58 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:How about Champion?
@motherofpearl1

Well, did it ever accomplish anything (besides witnessing Finntran firsthand)?
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 11:00 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:Glad the 'KMT and Finn only share one scene' nonsense was debunked. The agenda there was incredibly transparent, and I'm not willing to consider John a liar after he's called her a 'new lead' etc. I take it that also means they were completely wrong about the fight between Rey and Kylo taking place in act three. That would have been a pointless rehash of TFA, there has to be some development.
@BastilaBey
It was only a matter of time. His/her reveals not only contradicted heavily with reliable sources, they claimed to have in-depth information about when certain things occur in the story, but were unable to produce a "spoiler" that wasn't taken from another website. I think it's pretty safe to say it was all something of a poorly executed hoax. I admit I was pretty excited for the "Finn/Rey is the canon romance" spoiler.

I really wonder what that guy was hoping to get out of all this. Was the purpose really just to instil doubt in other fans, because that's so random. Goes to show how threatened they really are though.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I wonder if they have stopped to think how unfair they're being towards Kelly, she's been lined up as Finn's lady and people are essentially ignoring her. She sounds like an interesting character - and it's nice to see an Asian actress in a lead role. Even nicer - she was chosen from a long list of different girls, and not chosen because they wanted to be 'politically correct' (sigh) but because she fits the role best.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 4:57 pm

Me because it's already August and school is starting:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Kuzco-Crying-In-The-Rain-Reaction-Gif

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 635989683021900722823933522_billy%20madison

Also me because it's already August and school is starting:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Screen10

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 1438706536-slide-6-885129
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:30 pm

I did hear some of these spoilers/rumours in relation to TFA, but it makes you wonder what will make the list after Episode VIII! http://screencrush.com/star-wars-force-awakens-false-rumors/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:56 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I did hear some of these spoilers/rumours in relation to TFA, but it makes you wonder what will make the list after Episode VIII! http://screencrush.com/star-wars-force-awakens-false-rumors/
@Mrs Ben Solo

Actually some of it was indeed filmed, but than cut off in editing process.
Especially the part MSW reported about. (Korr Sella, Sledgehammer etc, the scene of Maz handing the saber to Leia was in the first teaser)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 1:05 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I did hear some of these spoilers/rumours in relation to TFA, but it makes you wonder what will make the list after Episode VIII! http://screencrush.com/star-wars-force-awakens-false-rumors/
@Mrs Ben Solo

Actually some of it was indeed filmed, but than cut off in editing process.
Especially the part MSW reported about. (Korr Sella, Sledgehammer etc, the scene of Maz handing the saber to Leia was in the first teaser)
@Darth_Awakened

Yep. And Kylo "having a moment" in the cockpit of the crashed Millennium Falcon. In the novelization he does sit down in the pilot's chair, but not in the filmed deleted scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:01 pm

@Mana wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Wow. Shocking.

Jeremy Conrad ‏@ManaByte 5 h
@StarWarsNewsNet this is sourced from IWasRaisedToDoOneThing, which is BS.

SWNN ‏@StarWarsNewsNet 4 h
@ManaByte Yes,I know. This article was a mistake. The author didn't know and we have an automatic posting to Twitter. The article is removed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
@vaderito

Debunked...unsurprisingly... (btw, "debunked" is now my favorite word)
@Mana

It's kinda funny how that word always comes up for every Rey Skywalker and Finnrey theory. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:05 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:
@Mana wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Wow. Shocking.

Jeremy Conrad ‏@ManaByte 5 h
@StarWarsNewsNet this is sourced from IWasRaisedToDoOneThing, which is BS.

SWNN ‏@StarWarsNewsNet 4 h
@ManaByte Yes,I know. This article was a mistake. The author didn't know and we have an automatic posting to Twitter. The article is removed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
@vaderito

Debunked...unsurprisingly... (btw, "debunked" is now my favorite word)
@Mana

It's kinda funny how that word always comes up for every Rey Skywalker and Finnrey theory. Smile
@Darth Dementor

cheers cheers cheers cheers king king king king

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:12 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo

There's actually a lot of basis in fact behind the "false" rumors from MSW. As @Darth_Awakened pointed out, many of these were filmed and then cut. Or in the case of "Rey getting into a bar fight but is saved by Chewie," I have to think that's probably the bit from the novelization where Unkar Plutt shows up at Maz's castle. And there IS a similar exchange where Han gives Rey a prized blaster while Chewie is shutting down the Falcon...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:21 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

There's actually a lot of basis in fact behind the "false" rumors from MSW. As @Darth_Awakened pointed out, many of these were filmed and then cut. Or in the case of "Rey getting into a bar fight but is saved by Chewie," I have to think that's probably the bit from the novelization where Unkar Plutt shows up at Maz's castle. And there IS a similar exchange where Han gives Rey a prized blaster while Chewie is shutting down the Falcon...
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, someone challenged the article writer about this on Twitter and he said he doesn't count things that weren't in the final cut of the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:26 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, someone challenged the article writer about this on Twitter and he said he doesn't count things that weren't in the final cut of the movie.
@Mrs Ben Solo
I don't really agree with the writer personally. MSW's sources were obviously still feeding them legitimate spoilers (even if some of them didn't make the final cut). I don't think it's fair to place real leaked information that ended not being included in the film to complete narrative invention like "Rey gets drunk at Maz's bar." Also a few included were straight-up in the film and don't belong here at all, namely the one about the Madalorian symbol on a flag above the entrance to Maz's Cantina.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:42 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland

@Mrs Ben Solo
I don't really agree with the writer personally. MSW's sources were obviously still feeding them legitimate spoilers (even if some of them didn't make the final cut). I don't think it's fair to place real leaked information that ended not being included in the film to complete narrative invention like "Rey gets drunk at Maz's bar." Also a few included were straight-up in the film and don't belong here at all, namely the one about the Madalorian symbol on a flag above the entrance to Maz's Cantina.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, it's not really fair to include those ones. There were still quite a few on the list that I'd never heard before. But I didn't go trawling for spoilers before TFA so I missed out on all that (thank goodness!)

I would certainly go with MSW spoilers over any other source, even if it's hard to judge at this stage what will make the final cut and the wider context of some scenes.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 4:23 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland

@Mrs Ben Solo
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, it's not really fair to include those ones. There were still quite a few on the list that I'd never heard before. But I didn't go trawling for spoilers before TFA so I missed out on all that (thank goodness!)

I would certainly go with MSW spoilers over any other source, even if it's hard to judge at this stage what will make the final cut and the wider context of some scenes.
@Mrs Ben Solo

A lot of those spoilers were just plain wild ... However, you can't help but notice that there is a lot "off" or "out-of-force-control" Luke. It makes you wonder if they have saved a little bit of that for Episode VIII considering how haggard he looks in that Rian Johnson teaser.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 4:53 pm

@SoloSideCousin I'm sure they have because that works with hints about his mysterious life with his acolytes aka "not a family man".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 4:57 pm

Maybe Luke is like Yoda now, but not faking it. Laughing Imagine him doing that weird cackling and shuffling around his huts.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 5:00 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland

@Mrs Ben Solo
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Mrs Ben Solo

A lot of those spoilers were just plain wild ... However, you can't help but notice that there is a lot "off" or "out-of-force-control" Luke. It makes you wonder if they have saved a little bit of that for Episode VIII considering how haggard he looks in that Rian Johnson teaser.
@SoloSideCousin

It would certainly fit with the exploding hut rumor and the speculation we've had that Luke is the one to crash Kylo's ship.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland

@Mrs Ben Solo
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SoloSideCousin

It would certainly fit with the exploding hut rumor and the speculation we've had that Luke is the one to crash Kylo's ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

We joke about Uncle Luke's Charter School of the Force Sensitive, but I swear, if Luke really is "off" and Ben had to suffer under some weird nomadic, obsessive, "we must find it ... but I don't know what *it* is" kind of regime while Luke had some out-of-control force powers, there is going to be a significant portion of the audience who are going to have their brains turned inside out ... because that really will upturn so many basic assumptions about Star Wars ... That's why I think they may actually do something akin to this! Laughing
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:17 pm

@nonesuch @BastilaBey EUREKA! Ha,ha,ha! This is AYA! AYA! Geddit? AYA!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_obdbvk6Vhl1s3ab21_1280

Since I am talking Tran and Boyega I should state that there is no romance between the two. Her character, which is named Aya (but this may just be a filming code name, Flux isn’t sure),

This from Iwasraisedetc's KMT "spoiler" on July 28, 11 days after Rian revealed his list of movies that influenced VIII. This is the final nail in that coffin. I don't know if he thought that nobody would get the reference (old Japanese movie, who's gonna watch that?) or that it would give him credibility (which would be sorta case if he revealed it 11 days BEFORE Rian's list) but this is the most pathetic fake informer ever.  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:20 pm

@vaderito oh. My. God. That's hilarious. What a faker.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:22 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito oh. My. God. That's hilarious. What a faker.
@BastilaBey

I know, right? He dug a hole with KMT's screen time but this is total burial. Thanks for your review of 3OS, ladies. Exposed the sucker 100%!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:44 pm

@vaderito wrote:old Japanese movie, who's gonna watch that?

"Curse you nerds who like to read books and watch movies from the Criterion Collection and Turner Classic Movies! I would've got away with it, if not for your hobbies!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Latest?cb=20130817094306

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:46 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@vaderito wrote:old Japanese movie, who's gonna watch that?

"Curse you nerds who like to read books and watch movies from the Criterion Collection and Turner Classic Movies! I would've got away with it, if not for your hobbies!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Latest?cb=20130817094306

@snufkin

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 LNviKU
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 5:12 pm

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/star-wars-episode-8-spoilers-benicio-del-toro-not-playing-villain-laura-dern-character-details

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 9 - Page 6 Benicio-del-toro

Details about the character played by Benicio Del Toro in “Star Wars: Episode 8” have surfaced online. A report reveals that the actor is not playing a villain or working for the First Order, as some of the fans had previously speculated.

[Spoiler alert]

A source familiar with the production details about the movie has revealed to IWasRaisedToDoOneThing that Del Toro is playing a high ranking Republic Commander. The report notes that previous theories by fans had included him playing a “wolfman-type alien” or a member of the Knights of Ren, to which order Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) belongs.

The production code name of Del Toro’s character is said to be “Tug.” The character has been described as a “by-the-books” military type and has been compared to General Patton. He is a military veteran of the Republic, who reluctantly accepts the help of the Resistance, but has disdain for them.

The source also revealed that Laura Dern is playing the role of Chancellor Valara in “Star Wars: Episode 8.” The character will have to manage some egos in the next movie, as the report states that Tug will have a bit of a rivalry with Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac).

The report reveals that the rivalry between Del Toro’s character and Poe is similar to the relationship between Kylo Ren and Genreal Hux (Domhnall Gleeson). So, the plot of the next movie appears to not only focus on the war between the First Order and the Resistance, but also the tensions within each side.

More details about Del Toro’s character in “Star Wars: Episode 8” are expected to be revealed in the coming months. The movie has already wrapped filming and is in the post-production phase. A trailer of the film is not expected very soon, as the focus right now is on the first spin-off of the franchise “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” which is slated to be released in December.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm

Finally something on BDT.
False or true - I do expect now that MSW  spills his info on that matter very, very soon.

Thanks @spacebaby45678

EDIT: the source for IBT is that helmet-faker. Now I am even more sure that MSW is going to talk as soon as he can on BDT role.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 5:48 pm

Why would a high ranking military commander and a pilot butt heads?

I just didn't know Poe was that esteemed there, I know he's her "best" pilot but that doesn't equate to military leadership.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum