ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 18 Aug 2016, 11:30 pm

Another ESB reference is Rey's clothes at the end are similiars to Han's. It's not as blatant as Lando wearing the exact same clothes as him but it is a more subtle call back.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Cp-4upqWYAAu_ao_zpswyqr8kyi

https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/status/765533575701749761

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 12:46 am

@Darth Dementor wrote:Another ESB reference is Rey's clothes at the end are similiars to Han's.   It's not as blatant as Lando wearing the exact same clothes as him but it is a more subtle call back.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Cp-4upqWYAAu_ao_zpswyqr8kyi

@Darth Dementor

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Screen21

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:39 pm

One good reason why Kylo Ren can never be as strong as Darth Vader...

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 111

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 212

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 411

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 511

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 313

...there's too much Padme in him!   Twisted Evil sunny
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

@Reylo1992

Awesome! cheers bounce drunken sunny cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm

@reylo1992

Do you know what you have made me realise?!

Reys name means King in Spanish and Rey means regal in French

Anastasia thingy that Lucas son said about reys character, Snap there's a lot of meaning in these names m!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 5:32 pm

So Guys. Bit of film language info I want to share

This is something I must have totally missed before. Why? No idea but look at the below image, they have used a camera lens/filter to make the image as flat as possible in this shot.

Just LOOK at the positioning and the flatness of the image...what do yall see suggested here?  Laughing Take note that Kylo is supposed to be standing at the right of rey..

looking at this shot, you wouldnt think thats where he's standing at all.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Rer11
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 5:34 pm

@Gemini wrote:So Guys. Bit of film language info I want to share

This is something I must have totally missed before. Why? No idea but look at the below image, they have used a camera lens/filter to make the image as flat as possible in this shot.

Just LOOK at the positioning and the flatness of the image...what do yall see suggested here?  Laughing Take note that Kylo is supposed to be standing at the right of rey..

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Rer11
@Gemini

Dirty guuuuurl!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 5:35 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Gemini

Dirty guuuuurl!
@Maria Antonietta

Hey it aint me! its the DOP/Director you gotta blame for that filth! lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 5:48 pm

Rey ticks off a couple of numbers on this list. Although scary thing is that the female lead of the last movie done by the director of IX is on there multiple times

Every Type Of Female Action Movie Character

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell/every-type-of-female-character-in-action-movies?utm_term=.lenj31Z6E#.ekXJVR2bl

3. The orphan. She doesn’t know where her parents are, but he’ll help her find them if she does several extremely dangerous things for him first.

11. The woman who never grows even a tiny little speck of underarm hair even though she’s living in the apocalypse.

20. The woman who proves through sword fighting/superhuman strength/an impressive knowledge of knot-tying/the ability to fly that she won’t slow down the group of guys, who begrudgingly but woke-ly agree to bring her with them when they penetrate the car race battle space explosions fort.

34. The woman who’s just so poor and just so hot. Being poor made her strong. But not too strong. She’ll be so relieved when the male protagonist arrives to take her back to his country, where she can finally be free to wear a soft linen dress and send her kids to private school.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 6:14 pm

See @Gemini, I love info like this. I never would have guessed there's a lens for making things look flatter...I knew there were coloring ones but dimensional ones?

Man they thought of everything from every angle didn't they?? pirat
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 6:26 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Gemini

Dirty guuuuurl!
@Maria Antonietta

Hey it aint me! its the DOP/Director you gotta blame for that filth! lol
@Gemini

It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were getting at here. My filthy mind must be going soft in my old age. Laughing.

Glad I've got you here to pick up my slack!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 6:32 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc50kgxwZ71v3n7xho2_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc50kgxwZ71v3n7xho3_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc50kgxwZ71v3n7xho4_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc50kgxwZ71v3n7xho5_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc50kgxwZ71v3n7xho6_540
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 8:14 pm

@Gemini

Does anybody have the link to the meta that touched on this? I remember skimming something like this that spoke about camera angles and lighting in visual story telling--and their significance. -specifically for this whole scene-
I'll see if I can find it in my mess of book marks...but if somebody has it off hand that would be a great thing for people to have a look at, especially from a filmmaker's perspective.  Wink
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:10 pm

Just LOOK at the positioning and the flatness of the image...what do yall see suggested here?  :lol: Take note that Kylo is supposed to be standing at the right of rey..

@Gemini

Figures! That is when he gets all turned on by her talking about droid specifications, checks her out, and then tries to sweet talk her about his access to the Imperial Archives and his cartography skills. All of that is like foreplay for him.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm

Sharing some excerpts from a book about Byronic heroes I'm reading, because they scream Ben and Rey.

"The dangerous lover narrative makes the same argument...that our "true" selves reside in what is most strange and enemy-like, in the dangerous other."

"The heroine finds her most authentic self at the heart of what seems at first most foreign and outside her way of being - an arrogant, hateful other."

"The dangerous beloved hides a secret melancholy interiority that slashes out in passionate violence and rage. His misanthropy and self-exiled otherness cover a nature that once believed so deeply in ideals such as Truth, Beauty, and Purity, that his fall from grace of faith plunges him into a doom of profoundly embittered brooding."

"The power differential between the hero and heroine and his violent control over her drives the plot, which is essentially a slow movement of power passing from the hero to the heroine. Despite her initial distressing vulnerability, bodily weakness, and real inexperience of the world and all its dangers, or perhaps, because of it, at the end of the novel the hero grovels at her feet. Modleski argues that this is one of the functions of romance, a kind of revenge fantasy where the haughty hero is brought to heel: "all the while he is being so hateful, he is internally groveling, groveling, groveling". His enraptured and abandoned love for her becomes a dependence on her love so excessive that she not only has him utterly in her power, but she takes on many of his mesmerizing and erotic characteristics - a manifold subjectivity, a mysterious past - and even develops a heroic independence through the adventures recounted in the narrative. She obtains a shadowy, perhaps even dark side through the hero's amorous witnessing of her erotic depths. She will often withdraw from society with the outcast dangerous lover, and their extreme investment in the couple serves to further alienate them from others."
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 3:55 pm

On an unrelated note, I've been going around Tumblr, saw this in a post, and I'm telling you, I will DIE if Rey gives Kylo a look like that at some point.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc6iehD9Yj1vpkf6zo2_540
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 4:12 pm

@Irina de France wrote:On an unrelated note, I've been going around Tumblr, saw this in a post, and I'm telling you, I will DIE if Rey gives Kylo a look like that at some point.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_oc6iehD9Yj1vpkf6zo2_540
@Irina de France

Oh it's GONNA happen!!! bounce cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 4:42 pm

Someone posted that apparently that Captain Hook guy also killed his father and was redeemed. I don't follow "Once" so I have no idea.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 5:22 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:Another ESB reference is Rey's clothes at the end are similiars to Han's.   It's not as blatant as Lando wearing the exact same clothes as him but it is a more subtle call back.

@Darth Dementor

Frankly, what I notice the most in that image is that after getting her new outfit they also decided to change/lessen her makeup. She looks younger/has a less "edgy" face in the Jakku/Falcon/Takodana etc scenes than she does during the farewell scene with Leia or on Ahch-To.

And it's not a surprising change either - you can't pair up the scarred fella and the innocent-looking girl with an almost childlike face. I have yet to see a couple on TV/in movies keep their youthful appearance when the producers decided to introduce romance (just look how they let Aang grow up in the 3rd season before he got Katara for example).

edit;
In comparison:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Rey-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens

+ We know she'll get a new hairstyle in VIII. Big clues that she'll transform A LOT in character.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 1:37 am

Even as a Lego, Kylo Ren is still shredded ROFL

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_oa2h9xvTAO1u2bma5_1280

Source
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 2:01 am

@Sylvia Snow wrote:Even as a Lego, Kylo Ren is still shredded ROFL

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_oa2h9xvTAO1u2bma5_1280

Source
@Sylvia Snow

What the hell happened here?!

Why is he naked?!

and of all things, with Rey?!!!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 2:57 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Sylvia Snow wrote:Even as a Lego, Kylo Ren is still shredded  ROFL

Source
@Sylvia Snow

What the hell happened here?!

Why is he naked?!

and of all things, with Rey?!!!
@Rei of Sunshine

Uh, to exploring the MF together, there're some part of the ship that need to be fixed and it will get messy so Kylo don't want his shirt to be dirty?!
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 5:24 am

@Sylvia Snow wrote:Uh, to exploring the MF together, there're some part of the ship that need to be fixed and it will get messy so Kylo don't want his shirt to be dirty?!
@Sylvia Snow

Plot for VIII confirmed
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 6:43 am

Source
@Sylvia Snow

Oh. My. Gosh. Shocked

What in the sam hill is going on here?!?!? What is this from?!
What a Face
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 8:55 am

@Krafty wrote:

Source
@Sylvia Snow

Oh. My. Gosh. Shocked

What in the sam hill is going on here?!?!? What is this from?!
What a Face
@Krafty

EXACTLY!!!

Is this from the Lego Star Wars movie?!!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum