ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 4:59 am

@Gemini wrote:I even think the box with the saber may have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue in it.
@Gemini

The saber is something old. Borrowed and blue...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by KnightsofReyloRen on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:45 am

@Gemini wrote:After stepping back and thinking and studying the film again with a fresh perspective, some new observations which make sense if things.

I get the feeling that...and this is going to be risqué AF but....

The pain kylo causes in the interrogation scene literally awakens the dark side in Rey and it gives her the strength to beat him. You see it happen, you hear it happen with the demonic snarl noise she makes.

This raises the theme that pain causes darkside tendencies

This is why after the blaster shot he gives that god awful and murderous look to Finn. Temporarily jolts him back to dark side.

This is why kylo beats his wound later because it's an attempt to get the darkside out again after he's killed his dad.

He only does this with Finn because he wants to find the strength to kill him. Again the contrast with Rey is that he does not beat his wound once when fighting her because he doesn't want to kill her. He doesn't need darkside juice.

The editing choice after ren kills Han suggests that leia is feeling her sons pain at what he has just done. Originally thought kylo felt his mums pain but then it would have cut to her first.

Also, there is a merophorical marriage on screen between kylo and Rey

If the idea about having eacothers sabers is true, then exchanging them would be the exchange of rings.

She opens a box, finds the saber, denies the marriage, runs straight into kylo who bridal carries her, his storm troopers proceed into the ship like a marriage procession after them. In the dky it looks like a just married luxury car as his ship speeds off? Even with tailing cans. He has her on a "bed" they basically consummate and have sex through the force. They are then bound m. There's no going back people. Reylo is married in TFA

Han even gives her away.."he has Rey did you see?" Han..."meh! I know "
@Gemini

THIS. ALL OF THIS BRILLIANT! Consider this post officially endorsed <3
KnightsofReyloRen
KnightsofReyloRen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:59 am

Does anybody think that Rey will end up giving the blue legacy saber back to Ben? It just occurred to me today.
If we are all thinking that the lightsaber was indeed his... perhaps during his pivot towards redemption or after he is redeemed, it would be a very powerful (and full of feels!) scene to have Rey offer him the saber like she does to Luke in TFA. Once he is worthy of it again.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 7:25 am

@Krafty wrote:Does anybody think that Rey will end up giving the blue legacy saber back to Ben? It just occurred to me today.
If we are all thinking that the lightsaber was indeed his... perhaps during his pivot towards redemption or after he is redeemed, it would be a very powerful (and full of feels!) scene to have Rey offer him the saber like she does to Luke in TFA. Once he is worthy of it again.
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
It is sort of my head canon.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 7:51 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Krafty wrote:Does anybody think that Rey will end up giving the blue legacy saber back to Ben? It just occurred to me today.
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
@Darth_Awakened

Yes, Kylo with the blue legacy saber while Rey have the green one from Luke as he passed it down ( or let her borrow it) to her, as Master and Padawan, or she can build her own saber, so that Kylo and Rey can defeat Snoke together
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 3:28 pm

I know we discussed reylo-innuendo in different languages like, back in January/February, but this here is quite a nice detail from the Japanese version (including awesome fanart as demonstration Very Happy) regarding the first person:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_oaxj6jD0RL1r8r604o1_500

Anakin and Luke are both “Boku” which is a masculine, boyish way of saying “I”, but Kylo and Han are “Ore” which is a super self-important, a** hole-ish way of addressing yourself and very common to hear out of guys (and a few tough girls) in the Kansai area.

+ the other characters:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_oazk4lkIut1r4ne1q_500

私(わたし、Watashi)…Rey,Obi-Wan,Hux
俺(おれ、Ore)…Finn,Poe
As you know, Japanese has many first-persons. It signifies an individuality, the position.
Almost all of Female use “Watashi”. It is very useful. Because men are also able to use it in public places. It can make a polite impression. So, Obi-wan and Hux use it.

(Artwork and quotes/explanations: http://01091006.tumblr.com )
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 4:59 pm

@Rimfaxe96

Lol, no doubt Reylo get huge support from some of the Eastern countries, especially Japan. Just look at their recent mangas, full of Beauty and the Beast vibe to it. Reylo is no exception Laughing
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:50 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Jakku wrote:@Xylo Ren   I think this is a mangled version of what it says in the Visual Dictionary, which says that Kylo has the blood of the most powerful Jedi and Sith, which essentially means Anakin /Vader.

Tsk, that drawing doesn't look anything like Adam Driver.  The whole thing seems to have been created by someone who'd had the film described to him by the friend of a friend rabbit .
@Jakku

It's still hot though Cool

Yeah the merch companies definitely know some things but they wouldn't put anything sympathetic about Kylo on the box. They don't know giant plot twists, just whatever LF tells them to mention.
@Xylo Ren

The picture and bio almost sound like he wrote it about himself. Like one of those over self inflated speaks of self in 3rd person bios you'd see on a blog or under somebody's senior portrait in the yearbook.

lol like "I'm so dark and bad and cool and stuff, favorite color is black and fear me, roar.  Ninja "

STOP.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Giphy
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:51 pm

@Gemini wrote:I even think the box with the saber may have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue in it.

can anyone post a pic of the trunk?
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 8:29 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:

can anyone post a pic of the trunk?
@Xylo Ren

In addition to the legacy lightsaber, these are some of the objects in Maz's trunk, according to the Visual Dictionary:
- A Fusion cutter head
- A Diatium Power Core
- 4,000 year old sextant
- Misc. trinkets

These are things she either sells or protects in case it is needed in the future.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_o4htzrWOUZ1r3o95ao1_1280

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:02 pm

What's the blue thing? That blue cloth
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
@Darth_Awakened

I've thought about this before, I had my own head canon about it lol. After Kylo Ren turns to the light he's still using his own saber to fight, but at some point maybe it gets destroyed and he has nothing to kill Snoke with, so Rey turns to him and gives him back the legacy saber. Idk, something like this. XD

Though SW loves its callbacks, so maybe having a moment just like Luke and Rey but with Kylo instead when all is said and done would work also.
I just really want Kylo to be the one to deal with Snoke, and preferably with the legacy saber. I suspect Snoke isn't really the Big Bad. Whoever that is, I think Rey can deal with them. King Prana? Idk.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 10:15 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
@Darth_Awakened

I've thought about this before, I had my own head canon about it lol. After Kylo Ren turns to the light he's still using his own saber to fight, but at some point maybe it gets destroyed and he has nothing to kill Snoke with, so Rey turns to him and gives him back the legacy saber. Idk, something like this. XD

Though SW loves its callbacks, so maybe having a moment just like Luke and Rey but with Kylo instead when all is said and done would work also.
I just really want Kylo to be the one to deal with Snoke, and preferably with the legacy saber. I suspect Snoke isn't really the Big Bad. Whoever that is, I think Rey can deal with them. King Prana? Idk.
@Darth Rowan

I do hope Snoke will be defeated with that saber - whoever will wield it.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 10:19 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Rowan wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Rowan

@Darth_Awakened

RIGHT IN THE FEELS
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 10:27 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Rowan wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Rowan

@Darth_Awakened

This just gave me chills all over. It would be perfect for Kylo to defeat Snoke as he was HIS Big Bad, even though he might not be in the grand scheme of things. It would round up his redemption arc beautifully.

EDIT: I know that much was obvious, but I loved the idea so much I had to point it out again for some reason Razz
Marchtwin
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 10:46 pm

@Marchtwin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Rowan wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Krafty

Yes definitely.
@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Rowan

@Darth_Awakened

This just gave me chills all over. It would be perfect for Kylo to defeat Snoke as he was HIS Big Bad, even though he might not be in the grand scheme of things. It would round up his redemption arc beautifully.

EDIT: I know that much was obvious, but I loved the idea so much I had to point it out again for some reason Razz
@Marchtwin

It would be a wonderful epic confrontation, no doubt. Kylo Ren facing himself and his demon. This time he will not succumb to darkness but Rey along with his family will be there with him, in person and in spirit
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 11:39 pm

@Sylvia Snow

Reading your post made me realized why Kylo and Ben's confrontation mirrored Luke and Vader's; both scenes showed the leading Skywalker rejecting their father. And both showed the person in the light falling to their defeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 12:29 am

@Darth Dementor

Thank you for pointing out the similarities between Kylo and Han confrontation and that of Luke and Vader. Somehow it make me think that it's kinda like a curse for the Skywalker. Yes, the Force is strong within the family but that also mean their powers can be manipulated by those with evil intentions , causing history to repeat itself with similar events and tragic. Being a Skywalker can lead to a great heroism journey or facing the burdens and seduction, "He who wears the crown must bear its weight", and Kylo is currently bearing the weight.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 4:14 am

Glad I wasn't alone in my thinking! I guess it's in my head canon too.

Because my sister and I chat about this stuff often when we're bored (and because she likes to tease me about it  Rolling Eyes ), we came up with this ludicrous scene where Rey offers the saber to Ben, and he takes it hesitantly- examining it. Then, shockingly, he tosses it to the side and he and Rey make out.
lol! Gosh, we are bad.

But I would love to see Rey offer the saber back to Ben, and have Ben sort of "reclaim" everything he forsook to fulfill his destiny and become worthy. It would be the icing on the head cannon cake if he and Rey teamed up and took out Snoke together with Ben wielding the legacy lightsaber (although he swings his red one around like a boss so it's a win-win either way Wink ). Really though I don't care how it goes down as long as its powerful and moving (with 100% Reylo of course) which I have no doubt it will be.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:55 am

Written at the time of the PT by economist/gadfly Tyler Cowan, but some pretty entertaining points

The public choice economics of Star Wars: A Straussian reading

The core point is that the Jedi are not to be trusted:

1. The Jedi and Jedi-in-training sell out like crazy.  Even the evil Count Dooku was once a Jedi knight.

2. What do the Jedi Council want anyway?  The Anakin critique of the Jedi Council rings somewhat true (this is from the new movie, alas I cannot say more, but the argument could be strengthened by citing the relevant detail).  Aren’t they a kind of out-of-control Supreme Court, not even requiring Senate approval (with or without filibuster), and heavily armed at that?  As I understand it, they vote each other into the office, have license to kill, and seek to control galactic affairs.  Talk about unaccountable power used toward secret and mysterious ends.

3. Obi-Wan told Luke scores of lies, including the big whopper that his dad was dead.

4. The Jedi can’t even keep us safe.

5. The bad guys have sex and do all the procreating.  The Jedi are not supposed to marry, or presumably have children.  Not ESS, if you ask me.  Anakin gets Natalie Portman; Luke spends two episodes with a perverse and distant crush on his sister Leia, leading only to one chaste kiss.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:10 am

About lightsaber conversation in this thread

I think there might be prophecy about wielder of Anakin/Luke blue lightsaber. Some of them like Kylo, Luke or Maz might be know it because their behavior kind of change after see Rey associate with it

First Maz didnt know about her but after the lightsaber called to her. Rey seem become much more important in Maz eye
Second when she force grab the saber Ren look stunned. He even murmured "It is you" in force awaken novelization
And Luke expression seem changed after Rey present him his old lightsaber

I always thought maybe Luke play waiting game like Yoda in OT. He might go to Ach To to meet or expecting someone there to help him. Maybe instructed by force ghost to go there like when he instructed to go visit Dagobah in OT, I dunno. And i find it odd why R2D2 wake up after Rey step foot in Resistance base. JJ explanation about it really not suitable for General Audience to understand considering They changed alot stuff to make more simple for GA (I read it in some article, i wish could find it again. things they changed including how Starkiller fire/destroy planet in the original plan actually much more cooler and opening of TFA with floating hand which confirm by Mark Hamil interview about it).

This situation might kinda similar to why Leia and Rey hug and i think might be address in the future film to be make sense.  But one thing for sure is Luke look like wanted to be found but he wanted to be found by right person. I mean we get this scene in Rey force vision

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Force_Awakens_GIF.gif.CROP.original-original

It could be in the past where luke told R2D2 to go back to Leia or wait at the resistance base and boot up when the time is right.

This only explanation i can think of combining the puzzle but i could be wrong though
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:34 am

@creepi0 wrote:About lightsaber conversation in this thread

I think there might be prophecy about wielder of Anakin/Luke blue lightsaber. Some of them like Kylo, Luke or Maz might be know it because their behavior kind of change after see Rey associate with it

First Maz didnt know about her but after the lightsaber called to her. Rey seem become much more important in Maz eye
Second when she force grab the saber Ren look stunned. He even murmured "It is you" in force awaken novelization
And Luke expression seem changed after Rey present him his old lightsaber

I always thought maybe Luke play waiting game like Yoda in OT. He might go to Ach To to meet or expecting someone there to help him. Maybe instructed by force ghost to go there like when he instructed to go visit Dagobah in OT, I dunno. And i find it odd why R2D2 wake up after Rey step foot in Resistance base. JJ explanation about it really not suitable for General Audience to understand considering They changed alot stuff to make more simple for GA (I read it in some article, i wish could find it again. things they changed including how Starkiller fire/destroy planet in the original plan actually much more cooler and opening of TFA with floating hand which confirm by Mark Hamil interview about it).

This situation might kinda similar to why Leia and Rey hug and i think might be address in the future film to be make sense.  But one thing for sure is Luke look like wanted to be found but he wanted to be found by right person. I mean we get this scene in Rey force vision

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 - Page 4 Force_Awakens_GIF.gif.CROP.original-original

It could be in the past where luke told R2D2 to go back to Leia or wait at the resistance base and boot up when the time is right.

This only explanation i can think of combining the puzzle but i could be wrong though
@creepi0

I agree about the R2 thing... Him waking up just because leave more to be desired... But somehow I don't really like the prophecy idea... because we already had Anakin... it would seem like a rehash... I agree tho that Rey's role probably is to be the saber bearer...
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 7:28 am

For those of you who've discussed the themes of Romanticism, Gothic Romance, and Byronic Heroes in previous threads:

Kylo Ren as the Byronic Hero

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 7:38 am

@snufkin It's a great summary! The only part I wasn't sure about was Sparrow from PotC as an example...I've only seen the first film and that was years ago. Is he really a Byronic hero?

I'm re-reading 'The Dangerous Lover' by Deborah Lutz, @slade reminded me about it and there are so many Kylo-relevant passages if anyone else wants to check it out https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0814252869/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum