ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 2:53 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@BastilaBey

Interesting. But was it Malin Head or Sybil Head? The text mentions both, but they're in different parts of the country. (The huts were on Ceann Sibéal/Sybil Head.)
@Darth Dingbat

Good point. Malin Head = "maybe Falcon" parking place. After filming there MSW reports on KOR vs Luke & Rey.
These guy is talking about the hut place which was at Ceann Sibeal - but as far as I remember there were indeed some photos of guys in black - maybe they used two locations to film a fight.
@Darth_Awakened

Another interesting thing is that, according to the Instagram accounts of some of the camera people in the second unit, there was second unit filming going on on Ceann Sibéal on dates when everybody assumed the main cast were there.

Doesn't mean that Chewie, Rey, etc. weren't there, of course; their stunt doubles could be there as well. But the question is, where were the main cast then?
@Darth Dingbat

As far as I remember there photos of filming not only near the huts, but as well at surroundings (possible ship crash explosion)
Possible that both units were filming there.
@Darth_Awakened

Sure. But is that common? I know nothing about film-making so I can't tell.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 2:56 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@BastilaBey

Interesting. But was it Malin Head or Sybil Head? The text mentions both, but they're in different parts of the country. (The huts were on Ceann Sibéal/Sybil Head.)
@Darth Dingbat

Good point. Malin Head = "maybe Falcon" parking place. After filming there MSW reports on KOR vs Luke & Rey.
These guy is talking about the hut place which was at Ceann Sibeal - but as far as I remember there were indeed some photos of guys in black - maybe they used two locations to film a fight.
@Darth_Awakened

Another interesting thing is that, according to the Instagram accounts of some of the camera people in the second unit, there was second unit filming going on on Ceann Sibéal on dates when everybody assumed the main cast were there.

Doesn't mean that Chewie, Rey, etc. weren't there, of course; their stunt doubles could be there as well. But the question is, where were the main cast then?
@Darth Dingbat

As far as I remember there photos of filming not only near the huts, but as well at surroundings (possible ship crash explosion)
Possible that both units were filming there.
@Darth_Awakened

Sure. But is that common? I know nothing about film-making so I can't tell.
@Darth Dingbat

Neither. Just guessing.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 2:58 pm

WhatGirl wrote:@iseeanisland Maybe one knight gets spared and pledges his new loyalty to Luke? I could get down with that. Razz
@WhatGirl

I suspect that if one knight is spared/escapes the initial attack, it's going to be Salad Bowl, and he'll ultimately end up with Kylo's lightsaber sticking out of his chest.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 3:01 pm

Already expected Chewie joining the frey. No way that wookie will just wait it out while there's action.
I could also imagine R2 standing a little away from all the fighting and cussing at everyone.

Alas - the new Rogue One merchandise was revealed! Lots of Vader and shadow trooper stuff. Very Happy
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/rogue-one-new-star-wars-toys-unveiled-in-adorable-superfan-made-video-a7217696.html
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 3:17 pm

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:Already expected Chewie joining the frey. No way that wookie will just wait it out while there's action.
I could also imagine R2 standing a little away from all the fighting and cussing at everyone.

Alas - the new Rogue One merchandise was revealed! Lots of Vader and shadow trooper stuff. Very Happy
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/rogue-one-new-star-wars-toys-unveiled-in-adorable-superfan-made-video-a7217696.html
@Rimfaxe96

Yep, Chewie is definitely a brawler, he'll be right in the middle of it. I just hope no one gets too hurt...

Btw, I just love your description of R2. Just based on his attitude and the way he is with Threepio, I could totally see him bleeping up a blue streak at everyone.

As for R1, for me, the more Vader, the better.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 4:23 pm

My 9 year old asked me: 'Mom, do you think Chewie will die in the next movie? Because now that Han is dead, they might have him killed off because he was Han's buddy?'

I told him that I hope not, but we have to see what the writers have in store for us....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 4:33 pm

The thing that sticks out to me about Chewie being involved in the initial KoR fight is that I had long assumed that the temple and that fight (the fight was supposed to occur near the temple) are located some way aways from the beehive huts. I guess there's no reason to assume that other than headcanon, but with the "maybe Falcon" parked the way that it was, I'd made the assumption that Rey and Luke had to fly to another island or something to access the temple.

Granted, that assumption doesn't preclude a knight that was thought to be dead popping up Glenn Close-style back at the beehive huts after everyone regroups.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 5:10 pm

omg no one's there to save Rey when she falls off the cliff with Kylo, what to do...what to do... Basketball
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 5:57 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:My 9 year old asked me: 'Mom, do you think Chewie will die in the next movie? Because now that Han is dead, they might have him killed off because he was Han's buddy?'

I told him that I hope not, but we have to see what the writers have in store for us....
@Birdwoman

There is a rumor doing the rounds that Chewie loses a hand....which is a simply dreadful thought (though it would parallel Chewie tearing off Unkar Plutt's hand in the TFA novel). Sad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 5:59 pm

@Panki Oh dear god please no!!!! What a Face
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 5:59 pm

@panki wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:My 9 year old asked me: 'Mom, do you think Chewie will die in the next movie? Because now that Han is dead, they might have him killed off because he was Han's buddy?'

@Birdwoman

There is a rumor doing the rounds that Chewie loses a hand....which is a simply dreadful thought (though it would parallel Chewie tearing off Unkar Plutt's hand in the TFA novel). Sad
@panki

That would be awful! But let's not forget the trauma of his death in the EU... where he died... being crushed by a moon... after saving Han's son... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:06 pm

@panki
Hopefully this rumor ends as fake. Poor Chewie - so negative predictions and rumors around him.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:07 pm

Speaking of Unkar Plutt, I noticed that the actor is billed for Episode VIII. Confus Since I really doubt there will be any physical return to Jakku, I think we might be in for another flashback scene or vision into the events of Rey's past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm

WhatGirl wrote:Speaking of Unkar Plutt, I noticed that the actor is billed for Episode VIII. Confus Since I really doubt there will be any physical return to Jakku, I think we might be in for another flashback scene or vision into the events of Rey's past.
@WhatGirl

Where did you find it? If it is IMDB - it is not reliable at all.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:10 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Speaking of Unkar Plutt, I noticed that the actor is billed for Episode VIII. Confus Since I really doubt there will be any physical return to Jakku, I think we might be in for another flashback scene or vision into the events of Rey's past.
@WhatGirl

@Darth_Awakened

Yes it was IMDb. Razz ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:11 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@WhatGirl

@Darth_Awakened

Yes it was IMDb. Razz ROFL
@WhatGirl

Then most probably - no Unkar in VIII.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:26 pm

@WhatGirl

I don't know, I think we will go back to Jakku. The Aftermath novels are setting it up like it's really important.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:30 pm

@panki wrote:

@Birdwoman

@panki

That's better than the other rumor--that Chewie gets killed. Crying or Very sad

It did occur to me that with Luke likely having his own ship stashed somewhere (on which he can probably take R2), if something happened to incapacitate Chewie, it would leave Kylo as the only possibility to co-pilot the MF with Rey.

As much as I want to see Rey and Kylo pilot the Falcon together, I'd rather that Chewie not have anything more than a minor injury to make that happen.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:30 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@WhatGirl

I don't know, I think we will go back to Jakku. The Aftermath novels are setting it up like it's really important.
@ZioRen

Really, this is fascinating. I haven't read Aftermath - I need to get around to doing that!

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:30 pm

@WhatGirl

I wonder if Unkar Plutt will take on a more active role in the FO...he is already their informant in Episode VII....God only knows what unsavory stuff he will get into in Episdoe VIII..... Shocked But like the idea of him showing up in a more detailed version of Rey's force vision. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:31 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@WhatGirl

@ZioRen

Really, this is fascinating. I haven't read Aftermath - I need to get around to doing that!
@WhatGirl

Oh yeah, it's all very ominous and mysterious. Palpatine was after something on Jakku that sounded big!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:34 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@panki wrote:

@Birdwoman

@panki

That's better than the other rumor--that Chewie gets killed. Crying or Very sad

It did occur to me that with Luke likely having his own ship stashed somewhere (on which he can probably take R2), if something happened to incapacitate Chewie, it would leave Kylo as the only possibility to co-pilot the MF with Rey.

As much as I want to see Rey and Kylo pilot the Falcon together, I'd rather that Chewie not have anything more than a minor injury to make that happen.
@ISeeAnIsland

Maybe Chewie will only injure his arm....and because of it Rey and Kylo have to pilot the MF together, hiding from the FO... a little like how Han and Leia hid out on the asteroid in ESB..... so more romantic scenes.... Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:38 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@WhatGirl

@ZioRen I agree. I think Rey will at least get one small confrontation with Plutt at some point. It could bring her story full circle in some way - she left Jakku as a scavenger, a nobody who Plutt considered beneath him and she was forced to work for him for unfair pay. She would return as a Jedi or as someone who is now every powerful in the Force and has learned to stand up to people like him. He would now be beneath her so to speak. It would also mirror Luke leaving Tattooine as a boy in ANH and returning as a man in RotJ, Rey left Jakku as a girl in the first movie and would return as a woman in the third.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:49 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@WhatGirl

@ZioRen I agree. I think Rey will at least get one small confrontation with Plutt at some point. It could bring her story full circle in some way - she left Jakku as a scavenger, a nobody who Plutt considered beneath him and she was forced to work for him for unfair pay. She would return as a Jedi or as someone who is now every powerful in the Force and has learned to stand up to people like him. He would now be beneath her so to speak. It would also mirror Luke leaving Tattooine as a boy in ANH and returning as a man in RotJ, Rey left Jakku as a girl in the first movie and would return as a woman in the third.  

@AppleCrumble122

That would be interesting to have Rey confront Unkar Plutt one final time. In the prequels Anakin also came back and talked to his former master Watto who did not even recognize him at first, and then was astounded to find out that he'd become a Jedi (or was training to be one - I can't remember which).

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:52 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@WhatGirl

@AppleCrumble122

I think that we'll end up going back to Jakku at some point, but probably not physically (at least) until IX. Unless they've managed to keep that chunk completely under wraps, it sounds like Rey will be on Ahch-To for most of, if not all of, VIII.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum