ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 17:20

So Kylo is obsessed with the deeds of Darth Vader? I wonder which deeds fascinate him the most... does he know about Obi Wan/Old Ben?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 10

Post by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 17:31

Removed

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 18:05; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 11 Oct - 17:36

@Gemini wrote:The writer

Frank Tennyson | LinkedIn
https://uk.linkedin.com › frank-tennyson...
United Kingdom - ‎Owner at Gorilla Ink - ‎Gorilla Ink
Group Editor, Boys Division, Egmont (including Toxic, LEGO Star Wars, Star Wars Adventures and Star Wars Rebels)

I'd say pretty reliable?
@Gemini

More specifically, former group editor at Egmont Magazines:

Group Editor
Egmont Magazines
March 2014 – January 2016 (1 year 11 months)
Group Editor of Egmont's Boys Division (including Toxic, Angry Birds, Ben 10, Disney Infinity and x3 Star Wars magazines).

If anybody's interested, you could also ask the author himself on Twitter: https://twitter.com/franktennyson31

I rather doubt a random UK freelancer is given info about the future direction of the story. I would guess they went on what they saw in TFA, but I could be wrong, of course.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 17:40

Reliable enough when Lego star wars hints at reylo though..,
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 17:46

I don't see any future direction here, I see the book pointing out the obvious stuff from the movie. However, I do see a marketing angle for sure on a very small group of force users, jedi & sith
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 17:49

@Gemini wrote:Reliable enough when Lego star wars hints at reylo though..,
@Gemini

The movie hints at Rey's connections, the book does it also, what I find great is I don't see any Reywalker connections in the book
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 17:49

It still has to be authorised too by lucasfilm. Would they allow misinformation?

No one is saying it's pointing out future story lines. Just emphasising what is in the movie and pushing certain themes and mysteries for sure.

For example, all the aliens in the book have their species defined, except maz, she's "not specified"
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 11 Oct - 17:50

@Gemini wrote:Reliable enough when Lego star wars hints at reylo though..,
@Gemini

Well, this guy doesn't write LEGO Star Wars - he just used to edit a number of children's magazines, including stuff about LEGO Star Wars and Rebels. And Angry Birds, etc. He isn't specifically a Star Wars writer, nor is he associated with the Story Group or LF in any way. He also writes for Nuts magazine, among others.

But then, I've never looked for any hints in LEGO Star Wars, Reylo or otherwise, because it isn't canon... others may disagree.

Anyway, the question is whether the Annual was checked by anybody in the Story Group. That I don't know.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 11 Oct - 17:52

Every post I remember about the lego game seemed like it was just for the lols. You don't need to look at non-canon for 'reylo evidence'. It's in the actual movie.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 17:54

Any book that is using the Logos of Disney and Lucasfilm is official
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 17:54

So can I just ask,

He's a former freelancer, now he seems to have been trusted with star wars stuff in particular. Lego Star Wars, rebels etc

Lucas film has just let this dude write false facts? False observations of the movie? Then stamped their trademark on it?

He needs to verify what he's writing is factual with officials. Ohetwise it wouldn't be released under the lucasfilm trademark

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 17:56; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 11 Oct - 17:55

@gemini Nonesuch has said she plans on asking pablo once the book is officially released in the UK - she found it earlier than it should have been on shelves. We'll have the answers then. I am intrigued by the statement that Rey destroyed his saber, because i've never seen that anywhere else and it seems odd considering MSW have said he'll have the same one on ahch-to.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Tue 11 Oct - 17:55

@Gemini

It's funny that from the pages that you shown us, only Old Ben name was showing for some reason, although I almost mistook it as a step on how to feels the Force  Laughing
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 11 Oct - 17:56

@spacebaby45678 wrote:I don't see any future direction here, I see the book pointing out the obvious stuff from the movie. However, I do see a marketing angle for sure on a very small group of force users, jedi & sith
@spacebaby45678

Yeah, that was my point, too. I'm not talking about the Kenobi things specifically - but details like "what is Rey's connection to the Jedi Order" and "Kylo is obsessed with Darth Vader's deeds", that seem to be debated here and elsewhere... I think this is simply the author's own interpretation of TFA, and I personally wouldn't analyse it with a magnifying glass. But that's just me.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 11 Oct - 17:56

The Annual is official by Lucas Films and Disney because it's their product. Annuals are just fun books to collect yearly. I don't see any spoilers in the Annual myself, or stuff that can be split into this or that.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 17:57

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:I don't see any future direction here, I see the book pointing out the obvious stuff from the movie. However, I do see a marketing angle for sure on a very small group of force users, jedi & sith
@spacebaby45678

Yeah, that was my point, too. I'm not talking about the Kenobi things specifically - but details like "what is Rey's connection to the Jedi Order" and "Kylo is obsessed with Darth Vader's deeds", that seem to be debated here and elsewhere... I think this is simply the author's own interpretation of TFA, and I personally wouldn't analyse it with a magnifying glass. But that's just me.
@Darth Dingbat

What Kenobi thing?

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 11 Oct - 17:59

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@Darth Dingbat

What Kenobi thing?

@spacebaby45678

I mean the Kenobi bits that were discussed in the previous page, I think - the way Obi-Wan and Rey were juxtaposed. I was just clarifying I wasn't referring to any of that specifically.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 11 Oct - 17:59

I'm interested to find out what Kylo was told about Vader and in what context...
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 17:59

Ah right, ok it's just all random disconnected stuff. Not fact checked at all.

I shouldn't have bothered taking the time to share this on here, seriously. It's all unofficial and lies and untrustworthy. I would get that if it said "unnoficial annual" that's when they are usually full of stuff which is not fact checked and not official"

I'm removing the pictures.

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 11 Oct - 18:00; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 11 Oct - 18:00

@BastilaBey wrote:@gemini Nonesuch has said she plans on asking pablo once the book is officially released in the UK - she found it earlier than it should have been on shelves. We'll have the answers then. I am intrigued by the statement that Rey destroyed his saber, because i've never seen that anywhere else and it seems odd considering MSW have said he'll have the same one on ahch-to.
@BastilaBey

I also think there's about zero chance she destroyed that lightsaber. Star Wars villains are designed partially to sell merch and Kylo's saber was a big selling point and iconic. I doubt they'd get rid of it in one movie.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 18:01

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@Darth Dingbat

What Kenobi thing?

@spacebaby45678

I mean the Kenobi bits that were discussed in the previous page, I think - the way Obi-Wan and Rey were juxtaposed. I was just clarifying I wasn't referring to any of that specifically.
@Darth Dingbat

Lucasfilm reviewed this book trust, and it the writer is implying that Rey has a connection with the Jedi Order that is what it means. I work in advertising/sales juxtaposition matters, it is meant to be there and can be subliminal for some, not for others
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Tue 11 Oct - 18:03

@BastilaBey wrote:@gemini Nonesuch has said she plans on asking pablo once the book is officially released in the UK - she found it earlier than it should have been on shelves. We'll have the answers then. I am intrigued by the statement that Rey destroyed his saber, because i've never seen that anywhere else and it seems odd considering MSW have said he'll have the same one on ahch-to.
@BastilaBey
It's in the movie. It doesn't seem odd. He could repair that one.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Oct - 18:04

@Gemini wrote:Ah right, ok it's just all random disconnected stuff. Not fact checked at all.

I shouldn't have bothered taking the time to share this on here, seriously. It's all unofficial and lies and untrustworthy. I would get that if it said "unnoficial annual" that's when they are usually full of stuff which is not fact checked and not official"

I'm removing the pictures.
@Gemini

I appreciated these pictures so much! I think they where enlightening, some of the Rey stuff, but the Kylo stuff too. Thanks for posting

Sad
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 11 Oct - 18:05

It's amazing to me how even the tiniest discussion can be interpreted as a personal attack. We're debating whether this book can be trusted because it contains information that has not been presented elsewhere. That is a perfectly valid line of discussion and it's not an attack on any poster or theory.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 11 Oct - 18:05

@Gemini wrote:So can I just ask,

He's a former freelancer, now he seems to have been trusted with star wars stuff in particular. Lego Star Wars, rebels etc

Lucas film has just let this dude write false facts? False observations of the movie? Then stamped their trademark on it?

He needs to verify what he's writing is factual with officials. Ohetwise it wouldn't be released under the lucasfilm trademark

@Gemini

No, it's the other way round. He used to be editor at Egmont Magazines, which publishes magazines for children. Including SW-related mags, but also many others.

He left that job in January, and currently he appears to be a freelancer writing for various magazines.

I don't claim to know what Lucasfilm approves and doesn't approve, but since I heard that even the official novelisation of TFA wasn't read by anyone at LF (!!!) I haven't put much stock in any supplementary materials. Only canon stories that are told in the format they were intended to be told. But of course everyone is free to do what they like! I'm not telling anyone else to disregard the Visual Dictionaries and what-not.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum