Marketing for Episode VIII

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: Marketing for Episode VIII

Post by vaderito on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 7:26 am

@Kylo Rey No studio would ever build their marketing around characters who are not popular. They always put the most popular ones at the front. It's very simple. Forbes didn't have to tell them what's going on, it's just the way it is. You bet that Kylo would have been more masked in marketing and in the movie if unmasked one didn't go over well. But he went over incredibly well so we are getting glamour shots of his face. Movies that cost over 200M to make do not leave anything to a chance. They are going to build marketing around popular stuff and avoid turn-offs at all cost. Wonder why Wonder Woman was the center of Justice League marketing? That was their only chance to build some goodwill after disastrous BvS.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 7:29 am

@vaderito wrote:@Kylo Rey No studio would ever build their marketing around characters who are not popular. They always put the most popular ones at the front. It's very simple. Forbes didn't have to tell them what's going on, it's just the way it is. You bet that Kylo would have been more masked in marketing and in the movie if unmasked one didn't go over well. But he went over incredibly well so we are getting glamour shots of his face. Movies that cost over 200M to make do not leave anything to a chance. They are going to build marketing around popular stuff and avoid turn-offs at all cost. Wonder why Wonder Woman was the center of Justice League marketing? That was their only chance to build some goodwill after disastrous BvS.
@vaderito

Very true but it's nice to see people finally catching on. They dance around the Rey/Kylo thing way too much but the marketing is forcing them to finally confront it.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 7:34 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:

Very true but it's nice to see people finally catching on. They dance around the Rey/Kylo thing way too much but the marketing is forcing them to finally confront it.
@Kylo Rey

Absolutely. I mean, if that's the main dynamic than it should be the center of marketing cause that's only fair and sincere.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 10:02 am

Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 10:22 am

@Moonlight13

Not really, they're not a family. He promotes a traditionnal way of cooking and she’s the modern one. Although, opposites attract Very Happy
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 3:40 pm

No TLJ promo pic but I really love this TFA pic. And beyond that, I find it interesting that once again Rey is shown holding the lightsaber in defensive stance as if she was Kylo's bodyguard, sort of protecting  him from a menace That's really interesting in regard to the fact that she's been repeatedly shown in the same kind of stance in TLJ pics.

https://nite0wl29.tumblr.com/post/167914439010/my-son-found-this-today-of-course-i-couldnt-walk
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:18 pm

Toshiba commercial featuring some device used by Snoke?

https://twitter.com/noelgrimleys/status/935128917022830592
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:32 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:No TLJ promo pic but I really love this TFA pic. And beyond that, I find it interesting that once again Rey is shown holding the lightsaber in defensive stance as if she was Kylo's bodyguard, sort of protecting  him from a menace That's really interesting in regard to the fact that she's been repeatedly shown in the same kind of stance in TLJ pics.

https://nite0wl29.tumblr.com/post/167914439010/my-son-found-this-today-of-course-i-couldnt-walk
@reylo1992

@Nite0wl29 that's your tumblr isn't it?
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:52 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Toshiba commercial featuring some device used by Snoke?

@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't know why, but this ad made me laugh so hard. Maybe it's because I'm home sick and slightly feverish, but I can't stop laughing at the total drama and earnestness of it as a TV spins out of that force sphere to that ultra-serious music, lol.

That being said, that definitely looks like one of Snoke's machines. Though I wonder how "real" LF let Toshiba be with it. They might want to keep its real use for the movie.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 7:26 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't know why, but this ad made me laugh so hard.  Maybe it's because I'm home sick and slightly feverish, but I can't stop laughing at the total drama and earnestness of it as a TV spins out of that force sphere to that ultra-serious music, lol.

That being said, that definitely looks like one of Snoke's machines.  Though I wonder how "real" LF let Toshiba be with it.  They might want to keep its real use for the movie.
@SoloSideCousin

I definitely don’t think that device is for producing TVs, LOL. But someone pointed out (on Tumblr?) that it looks like red and blue light going in to it. Maybe it requires both sides of the Force to power it? Don’t know... But yes, it’s a laughable commercial Laughing
I saw a Star Wars related commercial a few days ago that I never could figure out what the product was, ha!
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 8:22 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't know why, but this ad made me laugh so hard.  Maybe it's because I'm home sick and slightly feverish, but I can't stop laughing at the total drama and earnestness of it as a TV spins out of that force sphere to that ultra-serious music, lol.

That being said, that definitely looks like one of Snoke's machines.  Though I wonder how "real" LF let Toshiba be with it.  They might want to keep its real use for the movie.
@SoloSideCousin

I definitely don’t think that device is for producing TVs, LOL. But someone pointed out (on Tumblr?) that it looks like red and blue light going in to it. Maybe it requires both sides of the Force to power it? Don’t know... But yes, it’s a laughable commercial Laughing
I saw a Star Wars related commercial a few days ago that I never could figure out what the product was, ha!
@Cowgirlsamurai

I did notice the red and blue too. I am hopeful that that part is actually real. I also wouldn't mind if it had some kind of laser knife type of element ... just no cheesy spinning TVs, lol! D
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 10:36 pm

https://rreeyylloo.tumblr.com/post/167962783258/this-is-from-official-promotional-material-in

Rey: The heroine who’s found her hidden power.
Kylo Ren: The authority of the First Order who longs for absolute evil.
Luke Skywalker: The only surviving Jedi.
Finn: The soldier who escapes the First Order(it says the Empire but I think it’s a mistake) and joins the Resistance.
Poe: The ace pilot of the Resistance.
Leia: The head of the Resistance and Kylo Ren’s mother.

-
As for the description:

The collision of Good and Evil, Light and Darkness.

New Destiny VS Destiny of the Past.

It is the age of the ‘First Order’, the ruthless force of evil that has taken over the galaxy. The Resistance leaded by General Leia sends ‘Rey’ to ‘Luke’, hero of the past, in order to find the last hope that’ll light the spark of victory.

Through Luke, Rey finds a special power sleeping within her and unexpectedly communes with ‘Kylo Ren’, authority of the First Order…

Who will become Light and who will become Darkness? The great battle over the destiny of Good and Evil begins!

Promotional campaign in Asia has no chill. Looks like Force bond, connection or link has been confirmed. cheers
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

@DarthRen

Amazing!  cheers  I bet the hand scene fits in to her communication with Kylo while meditating on Ahch-To (as suggested in the “It’s calling me”/“Resist it, Rey!” TV spot)

And new pictures! alien With Kylo and Rey facing each other ^^
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:13 am

@DarthRen wrote:https://rreeyylloo.tumblr.com/post/167962783258/this-is-from-official-promotional-material-in

Rey: The heroine who’s found her hidden power.
Kylo Ren: The authority of the First Order who longs for absolute evil.
Luke Skywalker: The only surviving Jedi.
Finn: The soldier who escapes the First Order(it says the Empire but I think it’s a mistake) and joins the Resistance.
Poe: The ace pilot of the Resistance.
Leia: The head of the Resistance and Kylo Ren’s mother.

-
As for the description:

The collision of Good and Evil, Light and Darkness.

New Destiny VS Destiny of the Past.

It is the age of the ‘First Order’, the ruthless force of evil that has taken over the galaxy. The Resistance leaded by General Leia sends ‘Rey’ to ‘Luke’, hero of the past, in order to find the last hope that’ll light the spark of victory.

Through Luke, Rey finds a special power sleeping within her and unexpectedly communes with ‘Kylo Ren’, authority of the First Order…

Who will become Light and who will become Darkness? The great battle over the destiny of Good and Evil begins!

Promotional campaign in Asia has no chill. Looks like Force bond, connection or link has been confirmed. cheers
@DarthRen

Reylo facing each otheeerrrr!! And Rey's low-cut cleavage seems getting lower and lower to me! cheers
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:23 am

I think I gasped out loud when I saw Rey and Kylo seemingly staring at each other. There's tension right there.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:54 am

"Communes"....

F***ing heck. Hecking what? Just a few months ago I was wondering if they were going to even acknowledge that Kylo existed in TLJ marketing, let alone heavily, heavily hint at a Reylo dynamic. These past two months have been an absolute ride!

Rey and Kylo have no chill. East Asia marketing has negative chill. I am living.

I also feel like this hints at a Force Bond-y element of some sort!
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:04 am

@ZioRen wrote:"Communes"....

F***ing heck. Hecking what? Just a few months ago I was wondering if they were going to even acknowledge that Kylo existed in TLJ marketing, let alone heavily, heavily hint at a Reylo dynamic. These past two months have been an absolute ride!

Rey and Kylo have no chill. East Asia marketing has negative chill. I am living.

I also feel like this hints at a Force Bond-y element of some sort!
@ZioRen

+1

Its amazing how many rough patches we encountered when marketing for TLJ started and now near to movie it is like Christmas came earlier. ^^
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:06 am

I had to get Tim Gunn today on somebody at work today. So in that spirit, how I read these images

Way more overt about relationships than the coyness and Mystery Box we've had here in the States

Even more red as the film's primary color palate

The over-the-top facial expressions from each of the cast members (except for Luke, who really does look like he spent 6 years getting high)

Rey and Kylo facing each other

Still not spilling the beans anywhere that he's gonna do a drop by at Uncle Luke's place to pick up his Vader jammies while that bratty garbage picker who messed up his face is there

Leia's coat collar and direct gaze into the camera (also mentioning that the aspiring bad guy is her son, like what part of the world/culture doesn't read that and not think that whatever mom wants for her son will win out in the end?)
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:10 am

@snufkin wrote:I had to get Tim Gunn today on somebody at work today. So in that spirit, how I read these images

Way more overt about relationships than the coyness and Mystery Box we've had here in the States

Even more red as the film's primary color palate

The over-the-top facial expressions from each of the cast members (except for Luke, who really does look like he spent 6 years getting high)

Rey and Kylo facing each other

Still not spilling the beans anywhere that he's gonna do a drop by at Uncle Luke's place to pick up his Vader jammies while that bratty garbage picker who messed up his face is there

Leia's coat collar and direct gaze into the camera (also mentioning that the aspiring bad guy is her son, like what part of the world/culture doesn't read that and not think that whatever mom wants for her son will win out in the end?)
@snufkin

This is a quality post! Good job!
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:15 am

@SkyStar - they did Photoshop Leia's wrinkles out, which you know that if Carrie Fisher were around, she would've said something about that.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:19 am

@Irina de France wrote:I think I gasped out loud when I saw Rey and Kylo seemingly staring at each other. There's tension right there.
@Irina de France

Me too! They do look like they're looking at each other. Rey also looks more mature

Luke even has a look of disapproval mixed with what looks like shock/apprehension, lol. Wink

I love what the description says about "communing." Looks like we're getting some kind of Force bond link after all. It makes sense after their intense Force communion in TFA, repercussions and all that...

I can't wait for this movie!

@snufkin wrote:@SkyStar - they did Photoshop Leia's wrinkles out, which you know that if Carrie Fisher were around, she would've said something about that.
@snufkin

As we get closer to TLJ's release, it makes me sad we don't have Carrie and all her wit and humor.  Imagine how fun she would be promoting the movie like she was for TFA...
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:18 am

Came across this banner:

Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:31 am

@Armadeus wrote:Came across this banner:

@Armadeus

Rian, you sly fox! Romantic drama you say?
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:33 am

@Armadeus

affraid Shocked cheers bounce Claps H-beating

WHAT DOES IT SAY??? I SEE QUESTION MARK!! These poses specially for Disney Korea?
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:36 am

@shii405 wrote:

@Armadeus

affraid Shocked cheers bounce Claps H-beating

WHAT DOES IT SAY??? I SEE QUESTION MARK!! These poses specially for Disney Korea?
@shii405

I'm not sure but according to google translate the top yellow line is:

In 12th month (?), a huge destiny/fate is determined.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum