ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 20 Sep - 18:15

@Birdwoman wrote:Honestly, I see him redeemed and living.  I do suspect he will be like the Hulk and might go off into exile for a bit.  I kind of want Rey to be with him because she has longed for belonging.  If they fall in love and her 'belonging' takes off into exile it would be very bittersweet.  However, I do see that option as the most realistic path for this story.  You enter the next movie, where Rey needs help or the galaxy needs help....then Kylo/Ben steps into help.  Of course, that could be repetitive with the Luke story they are telling now.
@Birdwoman

I've said this before, but I'd like it if:
Kylo redeems himself, but most of the galaxy wants his head. So he chooses exile, and tells Rey to 'live her life.'
Rey is offered some..title...or position, in whatever replaces the Republic.
She turns it down,to be with the man she loves.

That way,both are willing to sacrifice for the other.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2783
Likes : 11738
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by ZioRen on Tue 20 Sep - 18:16

Pablo's tweets don't make me think Kylo won't be redeemed or anything like that. But they do make me question how "sympathetic" they'll make his backstory, regardless of Pablo's claims that it's just his opinion. His tweets long ago put me off of the idea that Ben Solo was manipulated or messed with as a child or anything like that, for example. Because if that's part of what happened, that makes Pablo look incredibly callous for things he's said before, like the "being raised by sand and not becoming a murderer" comparison, etc. That's a topic that can hit people pretty hard, after all. In the end, Pablo knowing the whole story does make a difference when the talks about character interpretations. (Though to be fair, he doesn't seem to have much sympathy for Anakin and Anakin didn't exactly come from the best of childhood circumstances. And I'm not disregarding the 'manipulated from childhood' thing completely but I'm doing a healthy back-off of it)

But I do have to say I'm a little amused that he backtracked somewhat but then somehow threw a whole other question in about who we should (or shouldn't) listen to regarding the story. Because I don't think it's so strange to be looking to the actors and directors for hints. Oh Pablo, one foot out and another foot in. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2758
Likes : 18818
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 20 Sep - 18:20

WhatGirl wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo Your current avatar is pure eye candy! I could look at pictures of Cannes Adam all day. Love

@Maria Antonietta wrote:So, according to this tweet, what's in the movie isn't canon? I don't get it. Again, why would they kill Han if they don't intend to give him a redemption?
@Maria Antonietta

Hmm, well, I don't believe any less in redemption for Kylo in spite of Pablo's opinions. In fact I see Pablo's dislike of Kylo as a good thing since he just doesn't like conflicted anti-villains. The man is very opinionated in general, he hates shipping too but notice the way he holds back about Reylo? That might not be purely out of kindness. I'm sure he wants to mock Reylo but for some reason he stays mum on the topic. In fact NO ONE associated with LF ever discusses or mentions the possibility of Kylo/Rey. It could very well be part of an agreement they all signed... lol.

Edit: Actually one person who works for the story group did answer a question about Reylo. When asked if Reylo is a dumb theory, he said no theories are stupid and referenced the "I am your father" reveal.
@WhatGirl

I think these pictures,not 'touched up' or with stage makeup, prove that Adam Driver is actually a very handsome man. How anyone can look at him and call him ugly tells me they need eye surgery. Rolling Eyes Mad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2783
Likes : 11738
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep - 18:23


As a gentle reminder, we'd like to once again reiterate our no-bashing policy.  I'm seeing several things in this thread that cross that line.  I understand that Pablo's tweets had quite a few confused, including myself.   While constructive criticism is welcome and part of a healthy exchange, outright slamming and desecration of character is not.


Thanks for understanding, and please feel free to contact any of the staff if you have any questions.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Kessel on Tue 20 Sep - 18:23

@Jakku wrote:I don't understand how Pablo can separate his personal opinion from his knowledge of actual facts.  If a fan tweets that he thinks Kylo is a basically bad person, that's personal opinion.  Pablo, however, knows just how bad or otherwise Kylo is. So if Pablo talks about Kylo being a bad person, he knows whether that's true or not.  He can't present himself as a madly speculating fan, because he's not.

He's obviously teasing the fandom with every word.
@Jakku

I think that's the main issue. No one is saying Pablo can't have opinions. Of course he can. That's not the point. The problem is that Pablo has facts the fans don't. So while his opinions are based on his personal preference and taste, opinions are generally based on facts too (at least they should be).  Pablo needs to be careful because he knows the facts of the story.

Pablo doesn't have to like or sympathetize with Kylo (and he obviously doesn't), but he kind of gives the impression Kylo is just a pos (and maybe nuts, lol). He directly contradicted Adam and JJ when he said he thought what JJ and Adam said were just Kylo's headcanons, not reality.

It's not something to get overly upset about because the movie is what counts and everything points to Kylo's story being more complex and compelling than just being a pos who will get 'eviler.' There's not much of a story to tell there...it's flat and boring. However, it's confusing to hear someone who knows the story say these things if they're just his opinions because he mixes fact telling with opinion telling. Things get jumbled.


Last edited by Kessel89 on Tue 20 Sep - 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1934
Likes : 13563
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by ZioRen on Tue 20 Sep - 18:24

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo Your current avatar is pure eye candy! I could look at pictures of Cannes Adam all day. Love

@Maria Antonietta wrote:So, according to this tweet, what's in the movie isn't canon? I don't get it. Again, why would they kill Han if they don't intend to give him a redemption?
@Maria Antonietta

Hmm, well, I don't believe any less in redemption for Kylo in spite of Pablo's opinions. In fact I see Pablo's dislike of Kylo as a good thing since he just doesn't like conflicted anti-villains. The man is very opinionated in general, he hates shipping too but notice the way he holds back about Reylo? That might not be purely out of kindness. I'm sure he wants to mock Reylo but for some reason he stays mum on the topic. In fact NO ONE associated with LF ever discusses or mentions the possibility of Kylo/Rey. It could very well be part of an agreement they all signed... lol.

Edit: Actually one person who works for the story group did answer a question about Reylo. When asked if Reylo is a dumb theory, he said no theories are stupid and referenced the "I am your father" reveal.
@WhatGirl

I think these pictures,not 'touched up' or with stage makeup, prove that Adam Driver is actually a very handsome man. How anyone can look at him and call him ugly tells me they need eye surgery. Rolling Eyes Mad
@motherofpearl1

I think it takes some people a while to get used to his unique face. To be fair, he's much better in motion. He definitely has this undeniable presence, which is why so many of his roles are as some sort of love interest (complete with sex scene) despite Adam being down about his looks. And he's one of those actors who can rock a kiss scene (which maaaaybe we'll see with Kylo and Rey someday? Maybe? Wink )
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2758
Likes : 18818
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 20 Sep - 18:27

@ZioRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo Your current avatar is pure eye candy! I could look at pictures of Cannes Adam all day. Love

@Maria Antonietta wrote:So, according to this tweet, what's in the movie isn't canon? I don't get it. Again, why would they kill Han if they don't intend to give him a redemption?
@Maria Antonietta

Hmm, well, I don't believe any less in redemption for Kylo in spite of Pablo's opinions. In fact I see Pablo's dislike of Kylo as a good thing since he just doesn't like conflicted anti-villains. The man is very opinionated in general, he hates shipping too but notice the way he holds back about Reylo? That might not be purely out of kindness. I'm sure he wants to mock Reylo but for some reason he stays mum on the topic. In fact NO ONE associated with LF ever discusses or mentions the possibility of Kylo/Rey. It could very well be part of an agreement they all signed... lol.

Edit: Actually one person who works for the story group did answer a question about Reylo. When asked if Reylo is a dumb theory, he said no theories are stupid and referenced the "I am your father" reveal.
@WhatGirl

I think these pictures,not 'touched up' or with stage makeup, prove that Adam Driver is actually a very handsome man. How anyone can look at him and call him ugly tells me they need eye surgery. Rolling Eyes Mad
@motherofpearl1

I think it takes some people a while to get used to his unique face. To be fair, he's much better in motion. He definitely has this undeniable presence, which is why so many of his roles are as some sort of love interest (complete with sex scene) despite Adam being down about his looks. And he's one of those actors who can rock a kiss scene (which maaaaybe we'll see with Kylo and Rey someday? Maybe? Wink )
@ZioRen

Well,he's certainly got the lips for it.......... Stretcher
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2783
Likes : 11738
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 20 Sep - 18:28

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Little_Boots wrote:Pablo is holding the laser pointer and some people are trying to catch it like little cats. He's a wind up
@Little_Boots
Not really. Nobody here has been Tweeting him as far as I could see. These questions were all from outside Twitter users and were posted here for discussion. Not every discussion of Pablo = taking it too seriously, tea leaf reading or chasing a laser pointer. Sometimes we're actually just enjoying having something to talk about.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Well not every discussion sure but I don't understand some of the recent hate towards him.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2148
Likes : 11372
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : Ireland

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep - 18:38

Kessel89 wrote:
@Jakku wrote:I don't understand how Pablo can separate his personal opinion from his knowledge of actual facts.  If a fan tweets that he thinks Kylo is a basically bad person, that's personal opinion.  Pablo, however, knows just how bad or otherwise Kylo is. So if Pablo talks about Kylo being a bad person, he knows whether that's true or not.  He can't present himself as a madly speculating fan, because he's not.

He's obviously teasing the fandom with every word.
@Jakku

I think that's the main issue. No one is saying Pablo can't have opinions. Of course he can. That's not the point. The problem is that Pablo has facts the fans don't. So while his opinions are based on his personal preference and taste, opinions are generally based on facts too (at least they should be).  Pablo needs to be careful because he knows the facts of the story.

Pablo doesn't have to like or sympathetize with Kylo (and he obviously doesn't), but he kind of gives the impression Kylo is just a pos (and maybe nuts, lol). He directly contradicted Adam and JJ when he said he thought what JJ and Adam said were just Kylo's headcanons, not reality.

It's not something to get overly upset about because the movie is what counts and everything points to Kylo's story being more complex and compelling than just being a pos who will get 'eviler.' There's not much of a story to tell there...it's flat and boring. However, it's confusing to hear someone who knows the story say these things if they're just his opinions because he mixes fact telling with opinion telling. Things get jumbled.
@Kessel89
Generally speaking I can see the difference between an opinion and something veering into legitimate clarification. On one hand you have things that actually reference the film, dialogue, scenes, narrative, whatever, and on the other hand you have his opinions (which are often much more blunt, are headed with 'I took it', 'I think', 'I feel', etc. The problem is that not everybody realizes that Pablo's Twitter is exactly what he advertises it as, a personal Twitter where he also answers fan questions. A lot of things are just opinions (i.e. he's not big on Vader/Kylo as villains, didn't like the Anakin/Padme love story and felt Vader's backstory was not a "good excuse" - not that anybody here is looking to excuse Kylo's horrendous actions, but whatever). Then there are clarifications, things like discrediting Reywalker with regards to the actual film and canon extension Bloodline.

But yeah, I'm pretty much done with all the Pablo hate. It's making me really uncomfortable and forcing me to conjure up comparisons of other places. He didn't say anything to make me doubt myself, so that's that for me. I'm trusting the film and canonical attachments, and that's exactly what I've always done. Pablo is not spoiling anything, so just wait for the story to be told.

@Little_Boots
*Shrug*. No idea. I can understand being confused or frustrated, but saying he should lose his job? Come on, now.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Guest on Tue 20 Sep - 18:42

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo Your current avatar is pure eye candy! I could look at pictures of Cannes Adam all day. Love

@Maria Antonietta wrote:So, according to this tweet, what's in the movie isn't canon? I don't get it. Again, why would they kill Han if they don't intend to give him a redemption?
@Maria Antonietta

Hmm, well, I don't believe any less in redemption for Kylo in spite of Pablo's opinions. In fact I see Pablo's dislike of Kylo as a good thing since he just doesn't like conflicted anti-villains. The man is very opinionated in general, he hates shipping too but notice the way he holds back about Reylo? That might not be purely out of kindness. I'm sure he wants to mock Reylo but for some reason he stays mum on the topic. In fact NO ONE associated with LF ever discusses or mentions the possibility of Kylo/Rey. It could very well be part of an agreement they all signed... lol.

Edit: Actually one person who works for the story group did answer a question about Reylo. When asked if Reylo is a dumb theory, he said no theories are stupid and referenced the "I am your father" reveal.
@WhatGirl

I think these pictures,not 'touched up' or with stage makeup, prove that Adam Driver is actually a very handsome man. How anyone can look at him and call him ugly tells me they need eye surgery. Rolling Eyes Mad
@motherofpearl1

Adam looked gorgeous in Cannes, and what makes it even more delicious is he was in the middle of filming his scenes in Ireland at that time... Wink

@Darth Dingbat Is Pablo getting fandom in a tizzy or are we getting ourselves in a tizzy? It's six of one and half a dozen of the other, as they say in these parts! I get that he's blurring the line between what's his personal opinion and what's his professional opinion because he answers questions on behalf of Lucasfilm. But when it comes to characters, I personally feel he's made it clear that he's expressing his own opinion. I also get that him having knowledge of the future direction of the story colours the way his tweets are interpreted. But it's not as if he could ever validate theories about redemption for Kylo. Pablo could refrain from commenting on the matter at all but that's up to him.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 20 Sep - 18:43

Eh, I stand by what I've said before. He's entitled to his opinion and his opinion doesn't change the story direction.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11122
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 20 Sep - 18:43

@frolickingfizzgig It didn't make me doubt the story, either. I'm just not sure Pablo understands the many reasons fans have become so attached to Kylo and why it has become a sensitive issue if tptb are very dismissive. That feeling of being abandoned, neglected, manipulated, how he is clearly lonely, alienated, miserable by his own design. While it's true that Rey has been abandoned in the story and 'she didn't become a murderer', there's not that element of psychological realism in the character...yet. I do hope they have Rey confront the darkness of her childhood in VIII.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 20 Sep - 19:00

@Little_Boots
I like that laser pointer analogy. It's not like Pablo would not know how to do it having cats himself. I cannot hate someone who obviously loves dogs and cats and who gave us Millicent. Millicent makes it all better.

This is a funny one when asked about what brand of toothpaste Finn used - which I think was a joke from the poster because Pablo refused to answer his question on whether Finn is force sensitive: https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/777942187946369028




SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1818
Likes : 9013
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by vaderito on Tue 20 Sep - 19:00

@BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig It didn't make me doubt the story, either. I'm just not sure Pablo understands the many reasons fans have become so attached to Kylo and why it has become a sensitive issue if tptb are very dismissive. That feeling of being abandoned, neglected, manipulated, how he is clearly lonely, alienated, miserable by his own design. While it's true that Rey has been abandoned in the story and 'she didn't become a murderer', there's not that element of psychological realism in the character...yet. I do hope they have Rey confront the darkness of her childhood in VIII.
@BastilaBey

Pablo's insults are basically telling fans not to care for the character and that's a PR disaster.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Tumblr_lvj7doxavi1qfbbm4

No one associated with the company should ever try to put fans off a character. Ever. I don't care that Kylo r***ed his childhood when he killed Han. I don't. He's on LF/Disney payroll. he should respect fans affections. Same goes for insulting Hux, Snoke theoriests,etc. he manged to insult absolutely everyone, and stress them out cause he is someone who supposedly knows spoilers. And that gives his "opinion" much bigger weight.

We've all seen some changes among scooper opinion based on spoilers, so fans think that Pablo's opinion is also based on spoilers. Difference is, scoopers don't represent LF/Disney.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10337
Likes : 49927
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by CienaRee on Tue 20 Sep - 19:08

@BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig It didn't make me doubt the story, either. I'm just not sure Pablo understands the many reasons fans have become so attached to Kylo and why it has become a sensitive issue if tptb are very dismissive. That feeling of being abandoned, neglected, manipulated, how he is clearly lonely, alienated, miserable by his own design. While it's true that Rey has been abandoned in the story and 'she didn't become a murderer', there's not that element of psychological realism in the character...yet. I do hope they have Rey confront the darkness of her childhood in VIII.
@BastilaBey

I think that's one of the instances where he just shouldn't have tweeted that because if Rey does go dark people will question him why he made that comment in the first place.Even if he was talking only about TFA the comment just sounded like something an anti would say to mock Kylo/Reylo shippers which comes off as really unprofessional.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1154
Likes : 5684
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 20 Sep - 19:09

I'm late to the discussion as usual, but I have a question about Pablo:  does he know the whole entire story of the ST, both Episodes VIII and IX?  Has he seen the script, does he know every little detail about Ben/Kylo's fall, whether Kylo gets redeemed, etc.?  I used to assume that he did, and if he does then I can see why some fans might be upset by his comments, even if they are just his opinion.  Because if he knows everything that will happen in the upcoming movies, then his opinions are probably shaped by that.  He's probably not just going by what was in TFA.  And to some fans that might seem more like a spoiler than just Pablo's opinion.  So, when he says things like Kylo is just bad, or whatever the exact quote was (sorry, I don't remember) or that he isn't sure what would be so compelling as to excuse patricide, I can see why some people might get upset.  Because then it seems like the story might not try to show Kylo in a more sympathetic light.  And then what would that mean for things like Reylo, a good redemption arc, the GA’s acceptance of Kylo’s redemption, etc.?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 663
Likes : 2075
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 20 Sep - 19:10

@SanghaRen wrote:@Little_Boots
I like that laser pointer analogy. It's not like Pablo would not know how to do it having cats himself. I cannot hate someone who obviously loves dogs and cats and who gave us Millicent. Millicent makes it all better.

This is a funny one when asked about what brand of toothpaste Finn used - which I think was a joke from the poster because Pablo refused to answer his question on whether Finn is force sensitive: https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/777942187946369028




@SanghaRen


Pablo loves cats?

So do I!
I have legions of them. All rescued. cat
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2783
Likes : 11738
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 20 Sep - 19:24

@motherofpearl1

He's got 2 from what I know. Here is one: https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/775066963307483136

He and his wife tweet pictures of them sometimes, but I don't know how to find the pics. I have the feeling the second one is black, but I am not sure. If someone asked him, I'm sure he'd post new pics. Anyone who lets the cat sit in the laundry basket is definitively a cat lover Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1818
Likes : 9013
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Jakku on Tue 20 Sep - 19:27

Pablo can post as a fan when the subject is anything but the ST or other content yet to be released. On everything else, he's just a fanboy with exceptional knowledge and access. When it comes to the ST/RO/upcoming books, he's a LFL insider with information not available to the rest of us. He has to impose discipline on himself when saying anything about upcoming material. He doesn't have the luxury of being a standard fanboy there.

He shouldn't be tweeting at all unless he can distinguish the difference.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 1761
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep - 19:28

@Kyla Ren wrote:I'm late to the discussion as usual, but I have a question about Pablo:  does he know the whole entire story of the ST, both Episodes VIII and IX?  Has he seen the script, does he know every little detail about Ben/Kylo's fall, whether Kylo gets redeemed, etc.?  I used to assume that he did, and if he does then I can see why some fans might be upset by his comments, even if they are just his opinion.  Because if he knows everything that will happen in the upcoming movies, then his opinions are probably shaped by that.  He's probably not just going by what was in TFA.  And to some fans that might seem more like a spoiler than just Pablo's opinion.  So, when he says things like Kylo is just bad, or whatever the exact quote was (sorry, I don't remember) or that he isn't sure what would be so compelling as to excuse patricide, I can see why some people might get upset.  Because then it seems like the story might not try to show Kylo in a more sympathetic light.  And then what would that mean for things like Reylo, a good redemption arc, the GA’s acceptance of Kylo’s redemption, etc.?
@Kyla Ren
I really wouldn't give it too much thought. Pablo has also been outspoken in his dislike for parts of finished stories (such as Vader's backstory and redemption, Anakin/Padme, etc). Even if his opinion of Kylo is shaped by the rest of the story, he doesn't have a preference for characters like Kylo or their stories in general. That's his opinion, and it really doesn't have to mean any more. He keeps saying wait for the story to be told. We can only form our own opinions. TFA, the canon attachments and JJ, Adam, the editor, and Kathleen Kennedy's statements about the character are very much painting him as a conflicted anti-villain.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep - 19:29

Here's my take on Pablo. He makes fun of literally EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE. Fans of the EU, Reywalkers, Shippers, the whole lot. No one is exempt. Our group seems to love him to death when it's Reywalker getting wrecked, but when he's making these weird statements about Kylo, everyone's in a tizzy. I personally admit to being confused by it, but I just want to dive deeper to figure out where it's coming from. I'm not angry about it, I just sincerely want to know. If it's his opinion, fine. I'll move on. Sure he could be a bit more professional, but in the end it's not going to ruin my day.

I personally love his snark but I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. The shipping comments did sting, but then I remembered I laughed when he was directing his sarcasm at EU fans a few months back so there's that too...

@WhatGirl made an excellent point. While he doesn't like shipping at all, there's one ship he's NEVER, NOT ONCE debunked. And like she said, I don't believe it's out of the goodness of his heart. For that reason alone, I'll continue to follow him and enjoy his posts.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by vaderito on Tue 20 Sep - 19:36

@Jakku wrote:Pablo can post as a fan when the subject is anything but the ST or other content yet to be released. On everything else, he's just a fanboy with exceptional knowledge and access. When it comes to the ST/RO/upcoming books, he's a LFL insider with information not available to the rest of us. He has to impose discipline on himself when saying anything about upcoming material. He doesn't have the luxury of being a standard fanboy there.

He shouldn't be tweeting at all unless he can distinguish the difference.
@Jakku

All of this. I wish LF/Disney could see your post and have a chat with Pablo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10337
Likes : 49927
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 20 Sep - 20:01

@vaderito His tweets earlier today show him making it clear that it's his personal opinion he's sharing. Either someone brought it up with him or he realized by himself that contradicting the director and actor was probably not the right way to go.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by vaderito on Tue 20 Sep - 20:20

@BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito His tweets earlier today show him making it clear that it's his personal opinion he's sharing. Either someone brought it up with him or he realized by himself that contradicting the director and actor was probably not the right way to go.
@BastilaBey

Absolutely the wrong way plus he had to know that all his comments are read as potential spoilers. he hates a character and fans automatically think that he is saying that the character is going to be awful in sequels. Like "excuse patricide" tweet. Quite a few are wondering if he's saying that there's no interesting story how Kylo got to that moment because of Pablo's careless comment. That dampens interest in the movie which is the opposite of what LF is trying to do (build hype).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10337
Likes : 49927
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 20 Sep - 20:52

@IoJovi wrote:Here's my take on Pablo. He makes fun of literally EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE. Fans of the EU, Reywalkers, Shippers, the whole lot. No one is exempt. Our group seems to love him to death when it's Reywalker getting wrecked, but when he's making these weird statements about Kylo, everyone's in a tizzy. I personally admit to being confused by it, but I just want to dive deeper to figure out where it's coming from. I'm not angry about it, I just sincerely want to know. If it's his opinion, fine. I'll move on. Sure he could be a bit more professional, but in the end it's not going to ruin my day.

I personally love his snark but I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. The shipping comments did sting, but then I remembered I laughed when he was directing his sarcasm at EU fans a few months back so there's that too...

@WhatGirl made an excellent point. While he doesn't like shipping at all, there's one ship he's NEVER, NOT ONCE debunked. And like she said, I don't believe it's out of the goodness of his heart. For that reason alone, I'll continue to follow him and enjoy his posts.
@IoJovi

You are right. Knowing him and his snarky manners - Reylo would be DEAD a long time ago (alongside Kylux)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum