ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:14 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito His tweets earlier today show him making it clear that it's his personal opinion he's sharing. Either someone brought it up with him or he realized by himself that contradicting the director and actor was probably not the right way to go.
@BastilaBey

Absolutely the wrong way plus he had to know that all his comments are read as potential spoilers. he hates a character and fans automatically think that he is saying that the character is going to be awful in sequels. Like "excuse patricide" tweet. Quite a few are wondering if he's saying that there's no interesting story how Kylo got to that moment because of Pablo's careless comment. That dampens interest in the movie which is the opposite of what LF is trying to do (build hype).
@vaderito
But Pablo never said he "hated" Kylo. The guy's tweeted before that he likes him as a villain for his bloodline and the fact that he's a fresh take on entitlement. What else can Pablo comment on besides his opinion of Kylo as a villain? That's what he is right now. Pablo's also retweeted posts before that make it obvious he thinks Kylo is the perfect villain for today's modern audience precisely because he's so relatable and easy to empathize with. Real-life troubled individuals are oftentimes just confused, entitled people who grew up making destructive mistake after destructive mistake, just like Kylo. They're flawed humans with skewed visions of reality whose bad choices got them where they are, just like Kylo.

Let's all remember that Pablo's Kylo discussions also brought us these gems:

(The second sentence comes first in this sequence)
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 U6khnzf

Redemption is a choice like any other.
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 IMzB14l

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 P3gZxSq
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:21 pm

The thing I don't get is that we are talking about narrative tools, not real people and fanboys still insist on drawing a line between good and bad when things are little more complicated than absolutes. We know that people learn something watching those movies because they are tales as old as the world, why are they protecting their shadows on him?
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:23 pm

Wow, @myonlyhope thank you for sharing this - hadn't seen it before.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 Image13

That was a big reason i didn't love Anidala, but something I'm hoping to see with Reylo. The dynamic already is set up that way, Rey doesn't allow for any of Kylo's bs.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:25 pm

That tweet from Pablo with Leia being just like a mom Smile made me smile. ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 M0657
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:30 pm

Some tweet - not from Pablo Very Happy although he was involved at an earlier point - about TFA being a rehash of ANH. Just confirming that the real climax is the Snow Battle and the tension between Rey and Kylo. Funny that some people do not see it.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 Anthon10
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:31 pm

@SanghaRen oooOOOooo is that guy connected with LF?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:48 pm

@MyOnlyHope
Exactly. And for the most part I agree with him. Kylo makes his own choices, for good or bad. We just don't share the same opinion on tortured anti-heroes, but that's a different matter. I happen to be a big fan of mainpain stories. I think a lot of us feel that way. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:@SanghaRen oooOOOooo is that guy connected with LF?
@Little_Boots

No. I wish. Seems to be a writer interested in Star Wars. He shows up in some tweets. I don't know if anyone else from LF is using Twitter.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:51 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@Little_Boots wrote:@SanghaRen oooOOOooo is that guy connected with LF?
@Little_Boots

No. I wish. Seems to be a writer interested in Star Wars. He shows up in some tweets. I don't know if anyone else from LF is using Twitter.
@SanghaRen

Well, the main point is he understood the premise of TFA... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:05 pm

This is not Kylo related but it's an interesting tweet about Rey Palpatine theory:
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/778311030392762368

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:I'm late to the discussion as usual, but I have a question about Pablo:  does he know the whole entire story of the ST, both Episodes VIII and IX?  Has he seen the script, does he know every little detail about Ben/Kylo's fall, whether Kylo gets redeemed, etc.?  I used to assume that he did, and if he does then I can see why some fans might be upset by his comments, even if they are just his opinion.  Because if he knows everything that will happen in the upcoming movies, then his opinions are probably shaped by that.  He's probably not just going by what was in TFA.  And to some fans that might seem more like a spoiler than just Pablo's opinion.  So, when he says things like Kylo is just bad, or whatever the exact quote was (sorry, I don't remember) or that he isn't sure what would be so compelling as to excuse patricide, I can see why some people might get upset.  Because then it seems like the story might not try to show Kylo in a more sympathetic light.  And then what would that mean for things like Reylo, a good redemption arc, the GA’s acceptance of Kylo’s redemption, etc.?
@Kyla Ren
I really wouldn't give it too much thought. Pablo has also been outspoken in his dislike for parts of finished stories (such as Vader's backstory and redemption, Anakin/Padme, etc). Even if his opinion of Kylo is shaped by the rest of the story, he doesn't have a preference for characters like Kylo or their stories in general. That's his opinion, and it really doesn't have to mean any more. He keeps saying wait for the story to be told. We can only form our own opinions. TFA, the canon attachments and JJ, Adam, the editor, and Kathleen Kennedy's statements about the character are very much painting him as a conflicted anti-villain.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yes, that's true.  Ultimately we just have to wait for the story to be told.  It's just hard when Episode VIII is still more than a year away and Episode IX is over three years away. Sad  I guess I've just gotten way more invested in Kylo, Reylo, and the whole ST in general than I ever thought I would.  But yes, ultimately we will just have to wait and see, and hopefully in the meantime we'll get some legitimate spoilers to hold us over. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm

@CienaRee wrote:This is not Kylo related but it's an interesting tweet about Rey Palpatine theory:
@CienaRee

Yes, yes, that is interesting. That's been the most cryptic reply that he's had to any Rey parentage theory.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:This is not Kylo related but it's an interesting tweet about Rey Palpatine theory:
@CienaRee

Yes, yes, that is interesting. That's been the most cryptic reply that he's had to any Rey parentage theory.
@ISeeAnIsland
Lol it doesn't seem that cryptic to me. All he's saying is to ask when the trilogy is over. Answer could still be a big "NOPE". At least that's the way I read it.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm

The quote button on this laptop isn't working at the moment so bear with me.

@CienaRee @ISeeAnIsland Wow. Oh wow oh wow oh wow. bounce bounce bounce

I'm so excited I could burst. Laughing

He has NEVER NEVER NEVER addressed any parentage theory in such a manner before!!!

@FrolickingFizzgig that is very very true, but still. It's exciting.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:25 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@CienaRee

@ISeeAnIsland
Lol it doesn't seem that cryptic to me. All he's saying is to ask when the trilogy is over. Answer could still be a big "NOPE". At least that's the way I read it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Well, yeah. They might very well NOT be re(y)lated.

But given that it's been the only time that he hasn't given a snarky/debunk-ish reply to a question about parentage, at least the possibility of Rey Palpatine is alive and well. bounce

If there were a Palpatine connection of some sort, it would fit with all of the hints that we've been getting about Jakku in the books, etc.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:26 pm

@IoJovi wrote:The quote button on this laptop isn't working at the moment so bear with me.

@CienaRee @ISeeAnIsland Wow.  Oh wow oh wow oh wow.  bounce bounce bounce

I'm so excited I could burst.  Laughing

He has NEVER NEVER NEVER addressed any parentage theory in such a manner before!!!

@FrolickingFizzgig that is very very true, but still.  It's exciting.  
@IoJovi
I don't get the excitement! xD It just seems like an average response to me, just the same as "ask me when the trilogy is over". There's no positive spin here or any kind of clue or hint. He's quite literally just telling the Tweeter to wait and see. Could be yes, could be no, we'll all have the answer when the trilogy is over so it'll be a moot point.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:27 pm

I think this is Pablo doing his best to not wade into speculating too much anymore. He should just pin "Wait for the story" at the top of his TL and be done with it!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:28 pm

@FrolickingFizzGig You are the voice of reason here and what you say is indeed probably true. Still it's exciting, and I do think the tone is very different as opposed to how he addresses other parentage theories. There's also the fact that anyone here who knows me knows my fondness for Rey Palpatine. So I'm going to run with this to the ends of the earth... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@CienaRee

@ISeeAnIsland
@FrolickingFizzgig

Well, yeah. They might very well NOT be re(y)lated.

But given that it's been the only time that he hasn't given a snarky/debunk-ish reply to a question about parentage, at least the possibility of Rey Palpatine is alive and well. bounce

If there were a Palpatine connection of some sort, it would fit with all of the hints that we've been getting about Jakku in the books, etc.
@ISeeAnIsland

It's very interesting when you compare his responces to other Rey parentage theories.His reply actually reminds me of his ''Ask me again when Bloodline's released'' responce when someone asked him something that was Kylo related(I think so I could be wrong though).
He's using the ''wait and see''tactic he usually uses when he replies to Reylo related questions.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:34 pm

It's very interesting when you compare his responces to other Rey parentage theories.His reply actually reminds me of his ''Ask me again when Bloodline's released'' responce when someone asked him something that was Kylo related(I think so I could be wrong though

@CienaRee

That. Is. Spot. On. And what did Bloodlines nearly prove out? That's right - Rey is unreylated.

Thank you!!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:38 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 Tumblr11

Just my two salts.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:39 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 3 Tumblr11

Just my two salts.
@Xylo Ren

I choked on my coffee! Brilliant!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:39 pm

@BastilaBey
I agree, taking context into account I think that's exactly what he's trying to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he slowly moved away from answering character or plot-related questions about TFA or the ST altogether. Ships and stuff, whatever. Cold hard facts. Timelines. But the characters need to speak for themselves as the story is told, and that goes from FS Finn to Kylo.

He really should just pin this Tweet with regards to all questions about the future lol.

@IoJovi
Just the way I read it lol. It feels like he's trying harder to keep out of it, thus the "just ask me when the story is done" response.

@Xylo Ren
Omg please send that to him. I'm dying.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:43 pm

@Xylo Ren

You have won the Internet for today. That is all.

lol! lol! lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:44 pm

@Xylo Ren I love your sense of humor Very Happy
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum