ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by ISeeAnIsland on 9/20/2016, 5:45 pm

When you're absolutely starving, even the tiniest breadcrumb feels like a feast. Tire langue L
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7

Post by CienaRee on 9/20/2016, 5:48 pm

What I find curious is that he didn't really made fun of the Rey Palpatine theory when he could have and he could have also chosen not to anser but he did.I mean I don't want to be a conspiaracy theorist or anything like that but considering how dismissive he is of Rey parentage theory in general this is  probably the only time he's answered a question on that topic in a non mocking way.
It could be nothing ofcourse and maybe he's really just tired of answering those questions.He should probably just stop doing that from now on otherwise people won't stop asking questions.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on 9/20/2016, 5:50 pm

@Xylo Ren

Do It!!!
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on 9/20/2016, 5:50 pm

I've learned Spoiler droughts aren't good for anyone.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on 9/20/2016, 5:50 pm

@CienaRee wrote:What I find curious is that he didn't really made fun of the Rey Palpatine theory when he could have and he could have also chosen not to anser but he did.I mean I don't want to be a conspiaracy theorist or anything like that but considering how dismissive he is of Rey parentage theory in general this is  probably the only time he's answered a question on that topic in a non mocking way.
It could be nothing ofcourse and maybe he's really just tired of answering those questions.He should probably just stop doing that from now on otherwise people won't stop asking questions.
@CienaRee

Right. We'll see if this ends up being his method of answering questions going forward. It could be that he's decided to answer everything with a variation of "wait for the movie" from here on out.

But his answer does stand out in that it's not instantly dismissive like he historically has been with Rey parentage theories.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on 9/20/2016, 5:55 pm

@CienaRee wrote:What I find curious is that he didn't really made fun of the Rey Palpatine theory when he could have and he could have also chosen not to anser but he did.I mean I don't want to be a conspiaracy theorist or anything like that but considering how dismissive he is of Rey parentage theory in general this is  probably the only time he's answered a question on that topic in a non mocking way.
@CienaRee
I think it's more that he's trying a new approach after the last few days, like the first time when he was bombarded by Jyn Skymom theorists for debunking Skymom. Back then he realized he had to stop answering so many questions, so that's exactly what he did. This seems like another step in that direction. No hint, no making fun of the theory, just no confirmation or denial. After everything that has happened it doesn't surprise me much.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/20/2016, 5:58 pm

I don't see Pablo's tweet as any special encouragement for Rey Palpatine. His "ask me again when the trilogy is over" is just another way for him to avoid killing speculation without saying anything one way or another. The only theories he's really poured scorn on are Reywalker and Rey Solo.

BTW, I just saw an interesting tweet about Rebels (which I don't watch) that said a master and a padawan were needed to access a Jedi temple on Lothal. I mention it because there's been speculation about it needing two people to access the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To.

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on 9/20/2016, 6:02 pm

Keeping out of it is the best approach IMO. It will prevent fans from dissecting every single tweet in search for clues. Answering strictly factual questions is ok, but all things related to characterisation & future content should be left for the movies to solve. We'll never get an outright confirmation/debunk of a theory on Twitter. ''Wait and see'' is all we should expect and it makes sense. Let the characters speak for themselves.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on 9/20/2016, 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on 9/20/2016, 6:05 pm

Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on 9/20/2016, 6:07 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't see Pablo's tweet as any special encouragement for Rey Palpatine. His "ask me again when the trilogy is over" is just another way for him to avoid killing speculation without saying anything one way or another. The only theories he's really poured scorn on are Reywalker and Rey Solo.

BTW, I just saw an interesting tweet about Rebels (which I don't watch) that said a master and a padawan were needed to access a Jedi temple on Lothal. I mention it because there's been speculation about it needing two people to access the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I completed understand this, and for me it's all in good fun. I'll be the first to admit this spoiler drought is getting to me. We hardly ever get any hints directing towards my favorite Rey lineage theory Rey Palpatine, so when this tasty morsel showed up here today I figured I'm going to run with it for all it's worth... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on 9/20/2016, 6:09 pm

omg I tweeted it to him I'ma die if he responds
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on 9/20/2016, 6:11 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:omg I tweeted it to him I'ma die if he responds
@Xylo Ren

How can he NOT reply to that?! Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/20/2016, 6:15 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't see Pablo's tweet as any special encouragement for Rey Palpatine. His "ask me again when the trilogy is over" is just another way for him to avoid killing speculation without saying anything one way or another. The only theories he's really poured scorn on are Reywalker and Rey Solo.

@Mrs Ben Solo

I completed understand this, and for me it's all in good fun. I'll be the first to admit this spoiler drought is getting to me. We hardly ever get any hints directing towards my favorite Rey lineage theory Rey Palpatine, so when this tasty morsel showed up here today I figured I'm going to run with it for all it's worth... Laughing
@IoJovi

I understand your enthusiasm, I wouldn't mind Rey having dark side origins either. But Pablo also didn't shut down the recent Kenobi theories entirely. He debunked Krennic as Obi-Wan's son but left open other lines of speculation. I personally still don't believe it makes Rey Kenobi any more likely. As much as I'm open to it and would love it if done well, I can't get past the fact that there seems to be no time frame in new canon where Obi-Wan could have fathered a child. With Palpatine the field is more open IMO because we know hardly anything about his private life as far as I'm aware.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on 9/20/2016, 6:33 pm

I would not be surprised if he starts letting all doors open at that point. Or even start mocking Reylo. I don't know but I think it's not the right time to speculate on his tweets for the ST. At least I am done with it for a little while. I'll take the funny and non potentially spoilery ones and leave the rest out.

@Mrs Ben Solo

I watch Star Wars Rebels but am usually quite bad at remembering stuff. So far in the show I think they were always 2 to open a temple. Kanan and Ezra for both the Jedi and Sith temples. But then in the Sith temple Maul needed Ezra to get into the center of the temple. However, I am not sure if it's an established rule or just something specific to these temples.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on 9/20/2016, 6:45 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo

I like that ... Makes me think of "You need a teacher!" Very Happy

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/20/2016, 6:54 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:BTW, I just saw an interesting tweet about Rebels (which I don't watch) that said a master and a padawan were needed to access a Jedi temple on Lothal. I mention it because there's been speculation about it needing two people to access the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To.
@Mrs Ben Solo

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 4 NUyttbnh

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on 9/20/2016, 6:58 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:I would not be surprised if he starts letting all doors open at that point. Or even start mocking Reylo. I don't know but I think it's not the right time to speculate on his tweets for the ST. At least I am done with it for a little while. I'll take the funny and non potentially spoilery ones and leave the rest out.

@Mrs Ben Solo

I watch Star Wars Rebels but am usually quite bad at remembering stuff. So far in the show I think they were always 2 to open a temple. Kanan and Ezra for both the Jedi and Sith temples. But then in the Sith temple Maul needed Ezra to get into the center of the temple. However, I am not sure if it's an established rule or just something specific to these temples.
@SanghaRen
When the trilogy is over I don't think any of us is going to care what Pablo has to say lol. We can decide for ourselves. At the end of the day that's all that really matters, our own opinions formed from our personal experiences with the story. We have no obligation to love anything just because we waited excitedly for it for a few years. If it's a disappointment then that'll be that, and if it's amazing (with or without overt romantic Rey/Kylo) nothing Pablo has to say will make any difference to anybody here. We are all humans capable of making our own decisions when the time comes.

@Mrs Ben Solo
You gotta get into Rebels. It's a great Star Wars-related distraction. I really loved the season and a half I watched when season 2 was still airing.

It's more of an episode-to-episode narrative following the coming-of-age journey of one Force Sensitive boy. That automatically made it more attractive to me than TCW, which just wasn't for me.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on 9/20/2016, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on 9/20/2016, 6:58 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SanghaRen

Yeah, you're right about all that, think, especially with the Sith temple, the rule of two sort of thing was important.

With the temple on Lothal, wikia says

It was previously shown that only master and apprentice can access the temple, but the events of "Shroud of Darkness" prove otherwise. More accurately, it takes two Force-users at once to access it.
It was also shown that it can be opened by wielders of the dark side, but it clearly doesn't like it; the ground shakes, the Jedi symbols turn red and it clearly

The two inquisitors were able to open it, as well, together.

Also this all just makes me think of this article the Star Wars account tweeted last week or so.
http://www.starwars.com/news/always-two-obi-wan-kenobi-and-luke-skywalker

The "always two" thing seems important for Jedi, too, in a way. Even though these rules might be temple-specific, I imagine the first Jedi temple might have a similar rule and I hope that it also requires a bit of the dark side to be opened, cause that would be awesome if the first Jedi didn't divide the light and dark so much, but maybe not.

Also, whatever is going on in the season three trailers with Maul and Ezra merging Sith and Jedi holocrons or something looks interesting, since Maul thinks Ezra is his apprentice (lol silly Maul) and they might have to use both the the light and dark side to do something, which is what I really hope Rey and Kylo will have to do somehow at the first Jedi temple.

And on a barely related note:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 4 Image77

Hooray for more rebels clips coming Tomorrow! Hopefully we can see more of Hera. Smile
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on 9/20/2016, 7:00 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Mrs Ben Solo

I like that ... Makes me think of "You need a teacher!" Very Happy

@SoloSideCousin

What if Kylo and Rey unknowingly go there and unlock something together, they could actually form a Bond there, exchange their memories and feelings with one another, with the Force or some ancient Force Ghost as their witnesses

@WhatGirl

OMG! Love that pic

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on 9/20/2016, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/20/2016, 7:04 pm

That's all very interesting @jakkusun thanks for finding out that info. Smile

I do think the Jedi temple on Ahch-To will need two to open it, the question is which combination of Luke, Rey and Kylo will it be? It could be Luke and Rey with Kylo trying to muscle in, it could be Rey and Kylo having to work together or even Luke and Kylo as he was the master to Ben's padawan and Rey might not be his padawan. I don't think Rey would be left out of it though, as it's her story so most likely either her and Luke against Kylo or her and Kylo working together as reluctant allies.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on 9/20/2016, 7:07 pm

I'm so excited for new rebels, do a lot of you watch it? I can't wait to see what's going on with Ezra. And the Bendu clip is encouraging in terms of where they might be going with the philosophy of the force, light and dark, the choices people can make even with the best intentions.

@jakkusun Didn't Ahsoka go with them to the jedi temple? So maybe Luke would kind of be in that role, as the sage.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on 9/20/2016, 7:19 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:Wow, @myonlyhope thank you for sharing this - hadn't seen it before.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 7 - Page 4 Image13

That was a big reason i didn't love Anidala, but something I'm hoping to see with Reylo. The dynamic already is set up that way, Rey doesn't allow for any of Kylo's bs.
@BastilaBey

I thought Padme was so forgiving of Anakin because she was such an idealistic person, rather like Luke...but I liked Anidala because it wasn't pretty, it was real and brutal.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on 9/20/2016, 7:25 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:That's all very interesting @jakkusun thanks for finding out that info. Smile

I do think the Jedi temple on Ahch-To will need two to open it, the question is which combination of Luke, Rey and Kylo will it be? It could be Luke and Rey with Kylo trying to muscle in, it could be Rey and Kylo having to work together or even Luke and Kylo as he was the master to Ben's padawan and Rey might not be his padawan. I don't think Rey would be left out of it though, as it's her story so most likely either her and Luke against Kylo or her and Kylo working together as reluctant allies.
@Mrs Ben Solo

@BastilaBey There are a few of us speculating and stuff in the clone wars/rebels thread occasionally so definitely check it out, especially when the new season starts! Yeah Ahsoka was there too! To expand:

Spoiler:
It was Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra who went to the temple on Lothal the second time, and they were all three tested, even though Ezra and Kanan were the two to open it. And they all got to sort of face off with one other person, while being tested. Kanan faced the grand inquisitor's former self--a Jedi temple guard and was taught and tested by him. Ezra met with and learned from Yoda. And Ahsoka faced the truth about Anakin. It was like they all paired off in twos again.

Also, Maul, Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka, were all at the Sith temple. As well as Vader and the two inquisitors. There is definitely room for dynamics between three or four or even five characters that switch around a lot. Ezra was kind of flip-flopping between being Maul's and Kanan's apprentice, while Ahsoka was very much her own woman, who doesn't even consider herself a Jedi anymore (kind of like how Maul doesn't consider himself a Sith anymore). But she also faced off with her former master and went around with Kanan when Ezra went off with Maul, too. They were pairing off in a lot of different combinations.

There is definitely room for all those complex dynamics and switching around between Luke, Rey, and Kylo, I think, and tons of drama. They might all have to work together, against each other, and alone at different times and in different pairs. I'm excited to see how it plays out. Smile I imagine it's going to be good, given how the temple episodes are always so exciting in Rebels.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on 9/20/2016, 7:55 pm

Sometimes I have to wonder if defeating the Space Chicken Monster was some kind of a test in order to get to the Tempe, somethings that Luke have been trying to do ever since he set foot on Ach-To but fail. I mean, if that thing is dangerous, Luke wouldn't want it to run around anywhere near him for all those years on the island. And now, with Kylo and Rey together, the three of them would able to beat that thing
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on 9/20/2016, 8:00 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:Sometimes I have to wonder if defeating the Space Chicken Monster was some kind of a test in order to get to the Tempe, somethings that Luke have been trying to do ever since he set foot on Ach-To but fail. I mean, if that thing is dangerous, Luke wouldn't want it to run around anywhere near him for all those years on the island. And now, with Kylo and Rey together, the three of them would able to beat that thing
@Sylvia Snow

Part of the reason why I've figured that it takes two people to access whatever is in the temple is the fact that Luke has been hanging out there alone for 5 years. I'm guessing that there's a very good reason why Luke hasn't already gotten to whatever there is in the temple.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum