ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm

It's me or..

...Kylo calls Rey twice and tries to tell her something more Exclamation

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Gickr_10
[Lies on the ground]
- Oh...
[Tries to rear his head]
- Rey...
[Heads rolls on the ground]

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Rey10
[Tries to stand up]
- Rey!
[Tries to sort of reach out his left arm (?)]

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Rey310
[Falls on his elbow]
[Tries to stand up again]
- Oh!
[Tries to reach out to her again with his left arm (?)]
[Unable to speak]

Then camera cuts to Rey just after...
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen34

What do you think he would have told her if the ground hadn't parted them?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by Krafty on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:39 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:It's me or..

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Gickr_10
[Lies on the ground]
- Oh...
[Tries to rear his head]
- Rey...

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Rey10
[Tries to stand up]
- Rey!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Rey310
[Falls on his elbow]
- Oh!
[Unable to speak]

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen34

@reylo1992

I have actually thought about that. I'm not sure he'd have much to say (I imagine he's close to passing out), but I seesaw back and forth whether she'd of gone to him had the ground not opened. She looked pretty aghast, with the "What the heck just happened?" face going on.

I also think about what would have happened if Rey hadn't ignited the legacy saber after she caught it. Would Rey and Kylo have just sat there, staring at each other forever?
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

@Krafty They do like to stare at each other longer than necessary, do they?

But anyway, speaking of catching the lightsaber, I just love the theory that if he caught it he would be doomed, aka completed his Dark Side fall. Because the saber meant Vader to him so catching the saber would be "as strong as Darth Vader". But than she caught it instead and saved him without knowing it. Cause when you think about it, he was in awe, that "Marry Me" face, his upper lip curling into a smile. His reaction to her catching the lightsaber was POSITIVE. he wasn't this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_nubxnzT98i1tswyjoo1_500

or even this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 223182

He was:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_o4rh9vVrLd1rszoo3o6_r2_250

Love, man. But there's more. John Williams plays Burning Homestead over this moment. Burning Homestead is the music cue played over Luke's answering the call to the adventure. After his uncle and aunt were killed, Luke decided to come with Obi Wan. As you can see, their position is the same (left) and even wind plays with their hair:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Star_wars3

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_o5jc42wnlt1qjtxsg_1280

Luke sees bodies on the right:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Star-wars-homestead-burned

Kylo sees Rey on the right:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Pbucket

This is beautiful mirroring. Good guy accepts the call after something bad, bad guy accepts the call after something good. Triggers are opposite good guy/bad trigger, bad guy/good trigger. Beautiful mirroring.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 4:26 am

@Krafty wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:It's me or..

[Lies on the ground]
- Oh...
[Tries to rear his head]
- Rey...

[Tries to stand up]
- Rey!

[Falls on his elbow]
- Oh!
[Unable to speak]

@reylo1992

I have actually thought about that. I'm not sure he'd have much to say (I imagine he's close to passing out), but I seesaw back and forth whether she'd of gone to him had the ground not opened. She looked pretty aghast, with the "What the heck just happened?" face going on.

I also think about what would have happened if Rey hadn't ignited the legacy saber after she caught it. Would Rey and Kylo have just sat there, staring at each other forever?
@Krafty

Probably he would have asked to become her teacher in that moment. On his knees. Begging.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:55 am

@Krafty wrote:I have actually thought about that. I'm not sure he'd have much to say (I imagine he's close to passing out), but I seesaw back and forth whether she'd of gone to him had the ground not opened. She looked pretty aghast, with the "What the heck just happened?" face going on.

@Krafty

This is a great question. I think he would've tried to have a conversation with her. I can see him being gentle but insistent about her staying with him to learn more about the Force. He looked positively awe-struck in that shot - in love, if you will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:01 am

@WhatGirl

Yeah! I could definitely see that! 100%!
I wondered this because, she didn't have to light it up right there. He wasn't threatening her at that moment...at all.
She instigated it, and then Kylo ignited his saber like "Ok, if we must. But we're going to talk about this later!"
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_o4qq97pyhY1tdbakd_500

**EDIT** Look at him! ^^^ He's still awe-stuck!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:08 am

@Krafty wrote:@WhatGirl

I wondered this because, she didn't have to light it up right there. He wasn't threatening her at that moment...at all.
She instigated it, and then Kylo ignited his saber like "Ok, if we must. But we're going to talk about this later!"
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_o4qq97pyhY1tdbakd_500

@Krafty

There's also a little bit of innuendo here that shouldn't be ignored... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:29 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@Krafty wrote:@WhatGirl

@Krafty

There's also a little bit of innuendo here that shouldn't be ignored... Laughing
@IoJovi

Their innuendo with LS is epic but I agree that he would try to talk to her if she didn't ignite the LS. Which means they will talk in VIII. cause tables will turn. She'll want to talk and he'll ignite the LS but than will get stranded. So they will have a conversation after the fight.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WillowMeena on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:09 am

Oh, the innuendo is strong in this scene. Very strong. Lol
WillowMeena
WillowMeena
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm

Ha yeah, the peacocking and the saber swinging. To get all intellectual about it, let me repeat again economist Tyler Cowan (who refers to Kylo as 'Darth Millenial')'s statements that it's always the bad/morally grey or dark male characters whose survival of the fittest behavior always includes mating and reproduction? Or to get less intellectual, didn't one of the native German speakers on here say that the joke she'd heard there was that he wanted to show her 'his other saber?'

He's like the upperclassman who thinks that he can just swagger in and impress this younger girl (ahem, like his father in the first movie) into letting him boss her around. Which he can't, which is part of what makes their interactions so entertaining. I really hope they get to have an extended argument/conversation about all of this in VIII, especially if she makes him squirm a little because you know how jealous he probably is of Finn's friendship with her. And like his parents, he's going to have to learn that despite his advantages in physical size/age, he can't boss her around. And some cases, it's better if he follows her lead.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:34 pm

@snufkin wrote:Ha yeah, the peacocking and the saber swinging. To get all intellectual about it, let me repeat again economist Tyler Cowan (who refers to Kylo as 'Darth Millenial')'s statements that it's always the bad/morally grey or dark male characters whose survival of the fittest behavior always includes mating and reproduction? Or to get less intellectual, didn't one of the native German speakers on here say that the joke she'd heard there was that he wanted to show her 'his other saber?'

He's like the upperclassman who thinks that he can just swagger in and impress this younger girl (ahem, like his father in the first movie) into letting him boss her around. Which he can't, which is part of what makes their interactions so entertaining. I really hope they get to have an extended argument/conversation about all of this in VIII, especially if she makes him squirm a little because you know how jealous he probably is of Finn's friendship with her. And like his parents, he's going to have to learn that despite his advantages in physical size/age, he can't boss her around. And some cases, it's better if he follows her lead.
@snufkin

In MOST cases, it will always be better he follows her lead, even not if but when he returns to light... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm

@IOJovi - Rey's a natural born leader/influencer, so it'll happen. Part of the point of her friendships with both Finn and Han is that both of them stop running/hiding and be courageous/do the hard but right thing.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:07 pm

@snufkin wrote:Ha yeah, the peacocking and the saber swinging. To get all intellectual about it, let me repeat again economist Tyler Cowan (who refers to Kylo as 'Darth Millenial')'s statements that it's always the bad/morally grey or dark male characters whose survival of the fittest behavior always includes mating and reproduction? Or to get less intellectual, didn't one of the native German speakers on here say that the joke she'd heard there was that he wanted to show her 'his other saber?'

@snufkin

I would kill for a reprisal of the "Do you have a cute boyfriend?" line, but coming from Kylo. Particularly, if it's paired with some comment to insinuate that she has something going on with Finn.

Given how she put Finn in his place when he asked, I'd love to see her reaction to Kylo asking, especially if she's struggling with feelings of attraction towards him at the time.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:13 pm

@ISeeAnIsland, he sort of asked with offering to "teach" her. Which was his father's original proposition to his mother. But they'll have that conversation for sure, she may even needle him about being jealous.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:20 pm

@IoJovi wrote:

@snufkin

In MOST cases, it will always be better he follows her lead, even not if but when he returns to light... Laughing
@IoJovi

Kylo is dumb, man. When he asked her to be her husband teacher, like, the worst timing ever, I bet she was like "I can't believe this is happening! is this guy for real?" of course, how could you not think about him all the time after that?

But anyway, he thought that his upperclassman swagger would slay the scavenger just like Han thought that his scoundrel swagger would slay the Princess. Nice reversal of social standing here - Prince/Scavenger, Princess/Scoundrel.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm

@vaderito wrote:@Krafty They do like to stare at each other longer than necessary, do they?

But anyway, speaking of catching the lightsaber, I just love the theory that if he caught it he would be doomed, aka completed his Dark Side fall. Because the saber meant Vader to him so catching the saber would be "as strong as Darth Vader". But than she caught it instead and saved him without knowing it. Cause when you think about it, he was in awe, that "Marry Me" face, his upper lip curling into a smile. His reaction to her catching the lightsaber was POSITIVE.

Love, man. But there's more. John Williams plays Burning Homestead over this moment. Burning Homestead is the music cue played over Luke's answering the call to the adventure. After his uncle and aunt were killed, Luke decided to come with Obi Wan. As you can see, their position is the same (left) and even wind plays with their hair:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Star_wars3

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_o5jc42wnlt1qjtxsg_1280

Luke sees bodies on the right:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Star-wars-homestead-burned

Kylo sees Rey on the right:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Pbucket

This is beautiful mirroring. Good guy accepts the call after something bad, bad guy accepts the call after something good. Triggers are opposite good guy/bad trigger, bad guy/good trigger. Beautiful mirroring.
@vaderito

Goodness, this is awesome analysis. I wish you had a tumblr to collect all this awesome stuff before it gets buried in archived discussions. This is gold and I hadn't heard anyone mention it before.

Still, I always got the mirroring and the music as Rey (finally!) answering the call, but it's true that the two Skywalkers are the ones with similar expressions and flowing hair... Rey is answering the call in her hero's journey, so that fits. But the idea that Kylo is also going to answer his call makes sense. Burned homestead is not exactly the moment Luke goes all heroic, it's only his turning point. It could well be Kylo's turning point. For what, we'll see.

anyways, awesome comparison!
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 3:06 pm

@AceofWands That's what I'm thinking. It's her heroic moment and his turning point. We know from JJ that they had awakenings in TFA - the Force in her and the Dark Side in him. So it's possible her accepting the call/his turning point or accepting the call (to the Light) came at the same time.

I don't mind if someone who has tumblr collects my stuff and posts. if you have it, do it. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 4:46 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ha yeah, the peacocking and the saber swinging. To get all intellectual about it, let me repeat again economist Tyler Cowan (who refers to Kylo as 'Darth Millenial')'s statements that it's always the bad/morally grey or dark male characters whose survival of the fittest behavior always includes mating and reproduction?  Or to get less intellectual, didn't one of the native German speakers on here say that the joke she'd heard there was that he wanted to show her 'his other saber?'

@snufkin

I would kill for a reprisal of the "Do you have a cute boyfriend?" line, but coming from Kylo. Particularly, if it's paired with some comment to insinuate that she has something going on with Finn.

Given how she put Finn in his place when he asked, I'd love to see her reaction to Kylo asking, especially if she's struggling with feelings of attraction towards him at the time.
@ISeeAnIsland

I would kill for that reprisal too! And I would love to see Kylo tease and put Rey in her place in Ep. VIII the way Han did with Leia. I bet he is as quick-witted as his daddy:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen15
lol!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:25 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

I would kill for that reprisal too! And I would love to see Kylo tease and put Rey in her place in Ep. VIII the way Han did with Leia. I bet he is as quick-witted as his daddy:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen15
lol!

@reylo1992

That's a perfect analogy, despite being the fairest of them all, he could care less when Poe snarks on him about the mask. But when Rey says something, that hits the target. I'd err on the side of some of his behavior towards her in the first movie being kept ambiguous, like why he grabs her instead of going after BB-8. But it's there to show that it's easier for her to provoke a response out of him and that he does care what she thinks about him. Not just the Creature and Monster comments, but even that she's able to throw his deepest fears back in his face and do that while overpowering him.

If they're going to reuse any lines, I'd love to see it reversed because Rey's the scruffy one and he's the haughty one. Especially if she tells him this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 808555800e2d671f4dbedc018c5b4e31
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:29 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

lol!

@reylo1992

That's a perfect analogy, despite being the fairest of them all, he could care less when Poe snarks on him about the mask. But when Rey says something, that hits the target. I'd err on the side of some of his behavior towards her in the first movie being kept ambiguous, like why he grabs her instead of going after BB-8. But it's there to show that it's easier for her to provoke a response out of him and that he does care what she thinks about him. Not just the Creature and Monster comments, but even that she's able to throw his deepest fears back in his face and do that while overpowering him.

If they're going to reuse any lines, I'd love to see it reversed because Rey's the scruffy one and he's the haughty one. Especially if she tells him this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 808555800e2d671f4dbedc018c5b4e31
@snufkin

If they were to have Kylo re-use Han's "You could use a good kiss!" or "I'm nice men" lines, I think I'd die right there in the theater.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

If they were to have Kylo re-use Han's "You could use a good kiss!" or "I'm nice men" lines, I think I'd die right there in the theater.

Ha, they'd tip their hand for sure then. I would guess that it'll be set up to have people think Finn's getting more that type of romance. Dunno about "you could use a good kiss" line because Rey's a much different type of personality than Leia, as tough as she is but also more "forgiving" (or not a b*tch) the way Leia is. Especially because being the poorest/most disenfranchised character in the trilogies, she doesn't need to be taken down on notch the way Leia sometimes does, having been raised in the aristocracy. Leia's son OTOH, there's likely to be at least 1 moment between the two of them when his mother's sharp tongue comes out and he says/does something that crosses the line and makes Rey cry. He'll have to have at least a couple of moments with her when he finally wakes up to the fact that he's an overentitled a***hole.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:48 pm

Yeah, analogy is perfect. 

Also, Kylo took off his mask without a second thought which means that he was hoping to do it. He wanted her to see him and he wanted to see her with his own eyes (aka romantic analogy to Vader's unmasking which was familial).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:34 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

lol!

@reylo1992

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

Or "Sorry sweetheart, I haven't got time for anything else."
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 11:53 am

@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

Ha, they'd tip their hand for sure then. I would guess that it'll be set up to have people think Finn's getting more that type of romance. Dunno about "you could use a good kiss" line because Rey's a much different type of personality than Leia, as tough as she is but also more "forgiving" (or not a b*tch) the way Leia is. Especially because being the poorest/most disenfranchised character in the trilogies, she doesn't need to be taken down on notch the way Leia sometimes does, having been raised in the aristocracy. Leia's son OTOH, there's likely to be at least 1 moment between the two of them when his mother's sharp tongue comes out and he says/does something that crosses the line and makes Rey cry. He'll have to have at least a couple of moments with her when he finally wakes up to the fact that he's an overentitled a***hole.
@snufkin

Yep! Rey parallels a lot Han in general where  Kylo seems to have a lot of his mother, especially her dry humor/tone and her haughty behavior because born as a prince from an important family in this galaxy. No surprise that he demises his non-sensitive smuggler of father and look down on Rey at first.

But I find it interesting how Kylo is the anti-Han Solo and the embodiment of Han Solo at the same time.

The Kylo Ren from the beginning of the movie has NOTHING to do with the Han Solo of Ep.IV. Just pay attention to the the attitudes and their costumes, you would never think that they're father and son. Kylo looks completely like a old medieval monk with his heavy cockblocking costume, his "sovereign" attitude and his strong belief in the Force. I mean, even Anakin as a Jedi looked much more relax in Ep.II:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 1210

But even more interesting is how the interrogation scene is meant to show us that he jus't can't deny his true nature and where he comes from. For me, the line "you cannot deny the truth of your family" (actually Han as the rejected father) takes his real significance there. In France, a famous proverb says: "chassez le naturel, il revient au galop" (what's bred in the bones comes out in flesh) and I find it striking how it applies well to Kylo's behavior in this scene:

Stucks up like Daddy?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen35
Check!

Smirks with overconfidence like Daddy?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen36
Check!

Flirts openly with the girl he wants like Daddy?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 5 Screen37
Check!

Han Solo, get out of this body!Laughing

The funny thing  is that Rey doesn't need to do anything significant to make him peacocking like that that when she's around. The day Kylo reconciles with this part of his family within, he'll make a great step forward Very Happy
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:08 pm

ha,ha, that's brilliant. When you peel off Vader wannabe layers of clothing, there's real Solo underneath. Funny thing is that he's an effortless Solo despite trying to suppress it while he's an awkward Vader despite his earnestness.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum